PrimeGuy

Dec 16, 2019
What do you even mean? Mei was, quite literally, only planned as being a side-chick until now. Nothing in the plot hinges on Mei being there. But I'll let the game/plot take me wherever the writer wants, and as I mentioned, I'll still be playing. My only point was that I find Mei utterly boring, and was thus surprised that others didn't.
That kind of depends on what you mean by 'the plot'. Could the story largely continue in the same direction without her? Sure, but you could say the same thing about Lillith. Her inclusion adds spice to the dynamic between Becca, Abby, and Frank, but without her the story could still be pretty much exactly where it is now. (I'm saying this as someone who adores Lillith's content, and wouldn't want it removed for any reason)

Mei has had significant interactions with Frank, and there's been a fair amount of game time devoted to explaining her relationship with her parents, and how she's always had a crush on him and such - I was certainly surprised to learn she wasn't considered a "main girl" based on this.

Finding her boring is a completely valid personal opinion, and I'm sorry you don't enjoy her, but I certainly get why so many people are on the "Mei is a Main Girl" bus. Honestly, the only one so far who really feels like a complete side girl is the Model/Waitress, because she doesn't have much to add beyond sex and sexiness yet. Our favourite Lesbian Couple, on the other hand, give Frank someone to talk his problems through with, and add complications to their general lives in the "Rich Parents" and "Need a baby" storyline.

NewTricks

Forum Fanatic
Nov 1, 2017
My only point was that I find Mei utterly boring, and was thus surprised that others didn't.
I second that Mei is the shit-tier love interest in this story. Even if you didn't change her overt personality a few changes to her story could make her more engaging. Like if her parents disapproved or they did approve but their advances don't suit her because she only likes girls. Instead, she comes off like my middle school girlfriend who my mom and her mom set me up with and who I broke up with because she never talked to me.

Reactions: JackZe

Cartageno

Devoted Member
Dec 1, 2019
I second that Mei is the shit-tier love interest in this story. Even if you didn't change her overt personality a few changes to her story could make her more engaging. Like if her parents disapproved or they did approve but their advances don't suit her because she only likes girls. Instead, she comes off like my middle school girlfriend who my mom and her mom set me up with and who I broke up with because she never talked to me.
I see where you are coming from (not meaning the middle school story but in general). However, maybe because I played the wrong games, the "arranged marriage/lover" in a culture where it isn't common, is at least a bit more original to me than the "her family disapproves" approach.

Hellster

Engaged Member
May 18, 2019
My only point was that I find Mei utterly boring, and was thus surprised that others didn't.
She's lived a very sheltered life, with her mother and father basically running her life, and with her shyness, she probably hasn't had much interaction with people outside of her direct family, so she has no real social skills or anything, will take time for her to open up.
Can't expect her to be an extrovert under those conditions.

Reactions: MS686

NewTricks

Forum Fanatic
Nov 1, 2017
I see where you are coming from (not meaning the middle school story but in general). However, maybe because I played the wrong games, the "arranged marriage/lover" in a culture where it isn't common, is at least a bit more original to me than the "her family disapproves" approach.
I was just spitballing some possible changes to her story to make her more engaging without scrapping the story entirely, but I'm not married to any of those suggestions. There are myriad ways that her story could have been made more engaging, but the key is usually to introduce some kind of friction other than Frank's reluctance, which is just grating on all of us at this point. Something that is an actual barrier to the relationship that must be overcome (also a better reason to pursue it at all other than that her parents seem to want to get rid of her). Maybe something like she is a childhood friend of the girls but has also been their classmate for a long time, which makes it weird for everybody. So do you have any thoughts on elements that could be introduced to complicate things?

Cartageno

Devoted Member
Dec 1, 2019
I was just spitballing some possible changes to her story to make her more engaging without scrapping the story entirely, but I'm not married to any of those suggestions. There are myriad ways that her story could have been made more engaging, but the key is usually to introduce some kind of friction other than Frank's reluctance, which is just grating on all of us at this point. Something that is an actual barrier to the relationship that must be overcome (also a better reason to pursue it at all other than that her parents seem to want to get rid of her). Maybe something like she is a childhood friend of the girls but has also been their classmate for a long time, which makes it weird for everybody. So do you have any thoughts on elements that could be introduced to complicate things?
Dunno whether I actually need something. Yes, overcoming obstacles is more fun than every girl jumping your dick, but as she is just one of many characters, it doesn't have to be too much. As I said earlier, while it is overdone at times, the MC reluctance isn't grating on me as much as it seems to be for you, so the shyness issue is enough for me here. May be because, as I said, I don't see her as a main LI.

However, "a childhood friend of the girls but has also been their classmate for a long time" would not be that weird, given that the main issue is to seduce the daughters (non biological) themselves.

Son of Durin

Engaged Member
Jul 5, 2021
Brevity trumps verbosity.
So long as it's clear. As far as the instant case, analyzing the Lilly/Becca dynamic and the "plan" might take a few words as it is a little bit complex. There is a middle ground, though, that can usually get the job done.

I can make brief arguments to people I know share much of the same knowledge, but others that do not would be completely lost and not get the references. It's important to know your audience and write accordingly. For example, the audience here ranges from sub-90 IQs that can't read more than three words before losing interest, to others that have the ability to communicate effectively and comprehend others. So, something in the middle is probably best - the idiots won't read it and the more intellectual will get it pretty quickly.

Last edited:
Reactions: Aeon_RHS

-=CvokY=-

Samurai in retirement
Donor
Mar 20, 2021

Hey everyone, it's sneak peek time again.

Just a few teaser pics of the next update. I'm still doing one update is one day, so 1.18 will cover all of Monday in-game. Frank finally gets to find out what Rebecca has planned for his next few days and why he had to lie to Abby and Lilly.

The release has been moved to mid November. Work has started on Becca's side story. I'm also in the process of making a new ending credits video.

That's all for now, thanks everyone!

You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

3.90 star(s) 203 Votes