yltohawk

Mar 19, 2019
She says she is doing it out of love. That is not love. That is someone who gets off on making the puppets dance.
Just chill a bit... Yes Becca is highly manipulative, but I see her as having a serious Daddy complex. So in order to fill that need she needs to corupt frank and set him up with Lilly. Knowing Abby soon will break Frank down herself Bedda has set the stage She knows that a relationship with Frank without the sisters would rip open the family. By involving all the girls with Frank means that all share in the secret and still holds the cohesion of the family without the risk of breaking up the family.

I've had to deal with a manipulative Ex-wife and I don't see this as quite the same thing. At least that is my opinion . I hate a mind fuck as well as you, I just don't see the malice that's all.

MrLKX

Jan 12, 2021
Now this VN is also to some degree a corruption story. Unlike other VNs, however, we see here how the whole thing looks from the point of view of the corrupted (namely Frank). Becca is definitely (to some degree) unscrupulous and also manipulative, we have all seen that easily in the plot so far. But at the same time, Frank, Abby and Lilly are important to her.

Example: If Frank had never had to confess to Abby that she was not his biological daughter and Lilly had to take care of her, which in turn strained her relationship with her then-boyfriend, she would certainly have somehow manipulated events herself so that this ex-boyfriend would have jumped into the sheets with their mutual colleague.

Cartageno

Devoted Member
Dec 1, 2019
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.
Hmmmm ... on the one hand I like Meiko. More than the other side characters at least. On the other hand it is distracting from the core family values of this VN a bit. Also - I am always a bit hesitant when a dev strays from the original idea. Sure, listen to the patreons and other feedback to improve on your story, but suddenly creating a core character with stuff made up on the fly? Well, gotta have to wait and see.

Jace_Herondale

Apr 2, 2020
Hmmmm ... on the one hand I like Meiko. More than the other side characters at least. On the other hand it is distracting from the core family values of this VN a bit. Also - I am always a bit hesitant when a dev strays from the original idea. Sure, listen to the patreons and other feedback to improve on your story, but suddenly creating a core character with stuff made up on the fly? Well, gotta have to wait and see.
If he didn't tell us I would assume she was core from the begging. like she is perfect for the story. She can be Frank's "official" girlfriend since she was never his "daughter".

MrLKX

Jan 12, 2021
I am quite honest: Meiko has for me and some others here already the role of Frank's outside girlfriend, so that Abby, Lilly and Becca (later) can do things with Frank at his place, while she also gets her time with Frank. From there I see her already to a part as one of the more important LIs, somewhere between the three sisters and Beth.

Reactions: isotope and Tavi13
Oct 2, 2022
As someone who doesn't really like Mei, the poll is a bit of a surprise to me. I'd much rather keep focus on the 3 main girls.

Oh well, that's the way the cookie crumbles, and I'll definitely continue to play, nonetheless.

Reactions: BigDaddyDom

Cartageno

Devoted Member
Dec 1, 2019
I am quite honest: Meiko has for me and some others here already the role of Frank's outside girlfriend, so that Abby, Lilly and Becca (later) can do things with Frank at his place, while she also gets her time with Frank. From there I see her already to a part as one of the more important LIs, somewhere between the three sisters and Beth.
While true, she ain't the best beard I would think due to the age difference. Especially if the girls are living with Frank. Of course this offers the possibility of people complaining for all the wrong reasons.

BartPS

Oct 21, 2020
Haven't played through yet, but I am at the part where Becca joins MC in the shower, and I am getting a very sick of her.

She has gone batshit insane. He needs to leave the shower himself, and kick her the fuck out when she comes downstairs. Not just stand there, stare at her, and wonder what he's supposed to do. She needs to go, if for no other reason than to let her know how seriously he disapproves of her sociopathic behavior. She's not listening to him when he tells her, so he has to show her.

Had to get that off my chest. Now to go find out what actually happens.

***edit***

After the sauna scene, and with what's now going on in the shower, I'm about ready to say I'm out. Not there yet, but really damn close. It may be a few days before I can get back into this story again. That's how much I need to calm down.

I hate manipulators. Nothing is for love, only in what they can get people to do, especially if it's against their will. What really sucks is, and I don't know if there has been a reveal along these lines yet, but I was rooting for Becca being MC's real daughter. Shannon moved away 24 years before, Becca is 23. Thrown in 9 months for the pregnancy, and there's your math right there. But if this is how it's going to go, it's ruined for me.

Sorry for that. I really need to go calm down. Guess this shows how good the story has been over all. I care enough to get this pissed off.
Well frankly, if this VN is already making you angry, you're probably better to drop it. Something that just might change your mind is that, as the story progresses, she becomes quite open about her machinations (at least to the MC), and explains her reasons for it.

If that doesn't make you feel differently, then this story is really not for you because, at the point you're up to, on a scale of 1-10, her manipulative behaviour is at about 3, wheareas by the end of the current release, she's way past 11! :D

• Haha
Reactions: Elhemeer

MrLKX

Jan 12, 2021
While true, she ain't the best beard I would think due to the age difference. Especially if the girls are living with Frank. Of course this offers the possibility of people complaining for all the wrong reasons.
I definitely agree with you there, also about the age. However, it has at least the advantage that her parents support the whole thing or rather are the driving force behind it and one cannot reproach or insinuate that Frank is a groomer. And when we think of celebrities like Leo DiCaprio, Frank is still harmless in that respect. I think Frank would risk a few raised eyebrows with Meiko but not much more. At least that would be the case if Meiko wasn't Frank's official unofficial intern and there could be a certain power imbalance and risk of abuse of power here. But well, I think I argue here with the power position too much with arguments of the reality and remain therefore simply with the fact that Meiko is the friend outward for the sake of simplicity. Besides, if Lilly and Becca are feeling all cheeky, they can rub salt into their mother's potential wounds with "Looks like Frank found himself something younger, Mom."

Elhemeer

Forum Fanatic
Jun 20, 2022
I definitely agree with you there, also about the age. However, it has at least the advantage that her parents support the whole thing or rather are the driving force behind it and one cannot reproach or insinuate that Frank is a groomer. And when we think of celebrities like Leo DiCaprio, Frank is still harmless in that respect. I think Frank would risk a few raised eyebrows with Meiko but not much more. At least that would be the case if Meiko wasn't Frank's official unofficial intern and there could be a certain power imbalance and risk of abuse of power here. But well, I think I argue here with the power position too much with arguments of the reality and remain therefore simply with the fact that Meiko is the friend outward for the sake of simplicity. Besides, if Lilly and Becca are feeling all cheeky, they can rub salt into their mother's potential wounds with "Looks like Frank found himself something younger, Mom."
Also, I think it's fair to point out there's no question Mei came into this job intending to try and seduce the MC. As shy as she is, it's made clear that she's 100% on board with Operation Catch The Realtor before the parents' "misunderstand" the MC's offer of help.

Cartageno

Devoted Member
Dec 1, 2019
Besides, if Lilly and Becca are feeling all cheeky, they can rub salt into their mother's potential wounds with "Looks like Frank found himself something younger, Mom."
And then with Meiko being Lilith's "mum" she can use that line all over again ;)

• Haha
Reactions: Elhemeer

Hellster

Engaged Member
May 18, 2019
As someone who doesn't really like Mei, the poll is a bit of a surprise to me. I'd much rather keep focus on the 3 main girls.

Oh well, that's the way the cookie crumbles, and I'll definitely continue to play, nonetheless.
TBH for most players, Mei has been seen as a Li from when she started being included more in the game, it was obvious to most when the parents started pushing her and Frank for him to be her Otto, she was already part of the group.
If that wasn't going to be the case, they should have put her in as a side chick just to do their thing and walk away.
It's far too late to do that now, too many people are invested in her and Frank, myself included :)

Reactions: hmorphone
Dec 20, 2020
I've had to deal with a manipulative Ex-wife and I don't see this as quite the same thing. At least that is my opinion . I hate a mind fuck as well as you, I just don't see the malice that's all.
Me too with the ex-wife thing, and I've calmed down a lot quicker than I thought I would. I started playing again the next day, but haven't gotten very far. It's been a long week.

How can you not see the maliciousness of her behavior? What she did to Lilly was downright cruel. Becca may be doing this with the goal of a loving family in mind, but the ends do not justify the means, as cliche as that sounds. Right now, I'd like to see MC prove he deserves that big dick of his, use it to replace his spaghetti noodle of a spine, and stop her before she can no longer respect herself.

Well frankly, if this VN is already making you angry, you're probably better to drop it. Something that just might change your mind is that, as the story progresses, she becomes quite open about her machinations (at least to the MC), and explains her reasons for it.

If that doesn't make you feel differently, then this story is really not for you because, at the point you're up to, on a scale of 1-10, her manipulative behaviour is at about 3, wheareas by the end of the current release, she's way past 11! :D
I'm not giving it up, it's been too good for that. Like I said before, it's made me care that much. As for her turning it past 11: Dude, spoiler! But not much of one.:p

MrLKX

Jan 12, 2021
Me too with the ex-wife thing, and I've calmed down a lot quicker than I thought I would. I started playing again the next day, but haven't gotten very far. It's been a long week.

How can you not see the maliciousness of her behavior? What she did to Lilly was downright cruel. Becca may be doing this with the goal of a loving family in mind, but the ends do not justify the means, as cliche as that sounds. Right now, I'd like to see MC prove he deserves that big dick of his, use it to replace his spaghetti noodle of a spine, and stop her before she can no longer respect herself.

I'm not giving it up, it's been too good for that. Like I said before, it's made me care that much. As for her turning it past 11: Dude, spoiler! But not much of one.:p
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

Oct 2, 2022
TBH for most players, Mei has been seen as a Li from when she started being included more in the game, it was obvious to most when the parents started pushing her and Frank for him to be her Otto, she was already part of the group.
If that wasn't going to be the case, they should have put her in as a side chick just to do their thing and walk away.
It's far too late to do that now, too many people are invested in her and Frank, myself included :)
My only point was that I find Mei utterly boring, and was thus surprised that others didn't.

Last edited:
3.90 star(s) 203 Votes