Cartageno

Devoted Member
Dec 1, 2019
i agree with restarting especially if game has been gotten many updates since then needs to remember what did x time ago with char z and that's not easy if no wt-pdf or wt-mod.
Well, in general I would agree that it could become quite WT centric. However in this game, the important options are mostly obvious whereas other decisions at most make you lose a peek at somebody's tits three days later. It's not like the player has major paths to choose from or can lock out characters accidentally.

Tavi13

Feb 1, 2021
Meiko I like; I can see her finding her own niche within the group, and being different enough from Abby's "innocence" that she won't feel like a copy.
I also like the dynamic Frank has going on with Beth & Nessa, and I can see them being an important part of the story, but I agree that Nessa needs to stay in the friendzone. This story doesn't need the magic "D" saving lesbians from themselves, but Frank definitly needs a sounding board/friend.

I agree that we don't need anyone else added to the mix though, except maybe an occasional side/one-off. Even that is more so we can feed Becca's 'tell me everything' fetish, than actually needing anyone else in the story.
Personally I'm glad we were able to ignore/skip Madison, I found her to be more of an annoyance than an actual part of the story. That might change, we are still early in the story and for all we know she will have some huge part to play, but I doubt it.

NewTricks

Forum Fanatic
Nov 1, 2017
The couple (their names are Vanessa and Beth) have quite their justification: Vanessa as a platonic friend for Frank to talk to and now also talk about the ways of Becca, Abby and Lilli and who doesn't want to get into his pants. That being said, it can't hurt for Frank to have friends of influence, depending on when (and it will definitely come to that with Shannon at some point) it goes nuclear. That being said, it was definitely interesting to see for once that there are people (Vanessa) who weren't impressed with Becca's whole act.

As for Meiko and Abby: I think because she's been rather subtle so far (at least more subtle than Becca and Lilly), she's underestimated: Abby is definitely not nearly as harmless as she seems. In fact, with the rules she sets, she pushes Frank further and further in the direction she wants. Becca once described Abby as more of the submissive type (and herself as more of a mix of dominant and submissive), but over the course of the plot we've seen more and more of a shift, at least in Abby and Becca: Becca is, and we see this clearly in her dynamic with Meiko and in the confrontation with Vanessa and Beth, she's definitely a purely dominant type by now. With Abby, I say that she is now a mixed type, because she is clearly more subtle than Becca, but tries to get her way with her rules towards Frank and in the confrontation with Lilly, when she managed to get Lilly to become meek, something that only Shannon has managed in this way so far. We don't know yet what exactly she told Lilly, but she gave a rough summary, and I think it takes little imagination to guess the approximate wording.

In general, Meiko is more the innocent person for me, Abby has at least experimented with Lilly and "Big Daddy" in the past. It's different than with Frank, but still you shouldn't underestimate Abby, while Meiko has no experience at all.

Outside of that, Meiko has another role: Frank has never been Meiko's stepfather or foster father, unlike with Becca, Lilly, and Abby, and so can safely act outwardly as Frank's girlfriend without the risk of Frank coming off as a groomer afterwards.

However, I agree so far that no more girls should be added. Since we've seen Madison (the girl with the tattoo) again we can assume that we'll see her every now and then, the judge's daughter (and probably the waitress we've seen twice so far) will probably remain one-off stories. With Madison, I personally don't know where to put her, since in fact pretty much all the roles are covered by the other ladies. Also, I hope Vanessa continues to be portrayed as purely lesbian and doesn't eventually get curious for some reason about what the hype is about Frank's wand. That would ruin her as a character for me personally.
Just because Vanessa doesn't like to have sex with guys doesn't mean they can't have fun together. He seems to like taking orders from her and following her rules. Maybe they can develop a BDSM relationship and they can explore their love through a dom and sub dynamic. Not purely platonic but not fully sexual either. She could maintain control over the relationship with Beth and he could look forward to Vanessa's rewards and punishments. Plus, she would look hot in studded leather.

Reactions: bulifun

Uthuriel

Conversation Conqueror
Jan 26, 2021
I just started this game. Does the MC get any better? So far he has been an unlikable beta loser...
He constantly whines and his inner monologue is terrible.

I have no problem with a slow burn romance story, but so far it's been cringe...
I wish his daughters would tell him to stop being such a whiny baby.

The only highlight for me Abby... she's super cute.

Reactions: hawk784563

cxx

Message Maestro
Nov 14, 2017
I just started this game. Does the MC get any better? So far he has been an unlikable beta loser...
He constantly whines and his inner monologue is terrible.

I have no problem with a slow burn romance story, but so far it's been cringe...
I wish his daughters would tell him to stop being such a whiny baby.

The only highlight for me Abby... she's super cute.
some but big change is yet to come.

Reactions: hawk784563

das1234

Feb 10, 2017
Meiko is, functionally, roughly in the same personality category as Abby. Could she find a place in the story that makes sense? Yes. Does she add a lot to the majority of players experience? No. There's a reason there is a poll out about her involvement.
The poll is whether to make her mandatory. Which it sounded like she will be.

Uthuriel

Conversation Conqueror
Jan 26, 2021
Oh god... it gets even worse... :KEK:

Instead of dating the hot girl next door MC dated the town bike... :KEK:
And he got fucked in the ass both times for it... that's so bad it's actually hilarious.

• Haha
Reactions: isotope

MrLKX

Jan 12, 2021
Yes, for me the Shannon thing is a point of criticism towards Frank. But it's necessary storywise, because otherwise there would be no Abby and he probably would never have met Becca and Lilly. And even though she gives him a hard time at the beginning, Frank is actually an important point for Lilly's character development.

You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

Frank is aware of the whole situation, and the irony that he got with Shannon twice (though he probably never entertained the thought that she only dated him the first time to hurt Jessica, Abby's mother, in the only way that really works).

Long story short: Yes it's stupid but relevant to the plot and MCs in VN have done far stupider things.

NewTricks

Forum Fanatic
Nov 1, 2017
Oh god... it gets even worse... :KEK:

Instead of dating the hot girl next door MC dated the town bike... :KEK:
And he got fucked in the ass both times for it... that's so bad it's actually hilarious.
Francis was never, to my knowledge, fucked in his ass. But that would make the game more interesting if he had, come to think of it.

Son of Durin

Engaged Member
Jul 5, 2021
Decided to do a walkthrough MOD for this one. Enjoy!

Edit: Updated to Ch. 1 v1.17

Install: Extract to "game" folder, overwrite when prompted.

You can find this and all my other content here:

Or you can:
There seems to be at least one more walkthrough disconnect that I noticed. The first was brought up by someone else and it is the recommendation to not compliment Mei at the pool and, thus, not get her to come out fully nude on the second work morning.

The second is the recommendation that Frank not kiss Abby before going to see Nessa and Beth to close the deal on the apartment. In the scene where fairy Abby goes down on Frank it is assumed he kissed her by the dialogue. Granted, the real error is not having the dialogue match the choice, but since the game assumes one choice over the other in what seems to be the "canon dialogue", it is likely the walk through should recommend this choice.

Reactions: KnightOwlSC

tigerdiamond

Mar 1, 2020
Sigh. While I do enjoy the story, this is one of those games that I just don't have time to play anymore. I spent the last 3 days playing this on and off for a few hours at a time, and didn't "finish" once. The scenes are awesome and hot and all that, but they are so few and far between that by the time I'm about to finish the scene is over, and by the time that the next one has started I've gone soft and have to start over.

• Thinking Face
Reactions: isotope and cxx

Zoey Raven

Game Developer/Walkthrough/Guide Maker
Modder
Donor
Game Developer
Aug 31, 2019
There seems to be at least one more walkthrough disconnect that I noticed. The first was brought up by someone else and it is the recommendation to not compliment Mei at the pool and, thus, not get her to come out fully nude on the second work morning.

The second is the recommendation that Frank not kiss Abby before going to see Nessa and Beth to close the deal on the apartment. In the scene where fairy Abby goes down on Frank it is assumed he kissed her by the dialogue. Granted, the real error is not having the dialogue match the choice, but since the game assumes one choice over the other in what seems to be the "canon dialogue", it is likely the walk through should recommend this choice.
Again, I do this Mod straight from the Dev's walkthrough you can cross check it there if you'd like, or if you wanna make a different choice in the game you think feels more appropriate to your play style feel free to do so.

Reactions: Cartageno

MrLKX

Jan 12, 2021
I know this is a wild theory here, but it also fits two recurring themes of Single Again:

What if Trevor, Shannon's first husband, isn't Lilly's biological father?

We can already rule out Becca being his daughter, since Shannon would have had at most a month to finish high school, find a job, and get to know Trevor. Theoretically possible, but practically very narrow.

Accordingly, Becca and Abby definitely grew up completely without a biological father. With Becca I assume it was a drunken one night stand at a girls night with Shannon and her friends, how it was with Abby or rather her mother we know.

So what would the scenario look like? Shannon and Trevor had been married for a few years, about 3-4 years maximum. Shannon might be bored and Trevor might not pay enough attention to her to satisfy her appetite. So she claims to be visiting friends (such as her high school clique or other friends she has since made) and either assigns Trevor to babysit Becca or pays a babysitter. She in the meantime moves around the houses, she is after all only around the 20 and from therefore this is perhaps not completely unexpected, meets a guy she likes, one has a few drinks too much and bang they end up together in bed, as already with Becca's conception.

So Shannon gets pregnant and either doesn't know herself that Trevor is not the father or hides it from him. Lilly is born a few months later and of course thinks Trevor is her father and is totally fixated on him as a daddy's child. Trevor eventually realizes that he is not the father, either relatively early and pulls himself together or by a stupid coincidence. In any case, at some point it becomes too much for him and he leaves and Lilly's heart breaks.

Of course, it's also possible that Trevor is actually Lilly's father and he's just a bad person and father. That's also possible, and bad parents, especially bad fathers, are also a recurring theme in Single Again.

3.90 star(s) 203 Votes