hrimthyrs

May 6, 2020
Becca planned the fake work trip, but is being tight-lipped about where they're really going to be. Safe to bet it's to get Frank to herself for a few days, at least.

Reactions: pgm_01

Tavi13

Feb 1, 2021
Since Becca is a driving force behind some of the happenings.....
Some? Other than Nessa & Beth, and MAYBE Abby (we really don't know how her feelings started yet), I would say Becca is the driving force behind all of it.
We may be reading it from Franks view but, so far, this is Becca's story.

MrLKX

Jan 12, 2021
Some? Other than Nessa & Beth, and MAYBE Abby (we really don't know how her feelings started yet), I would say Becca is the driving force behind all of it.
We may be reading it from Franks view but, so far, this is Becca's story.
That's quite true. I describe the good Becca as a mixture of the Decepticons Shockwave (logical thinker), Starscream (manipulative schemer) and Soundwave (loyal to a certain degree). Those who are familiar with the stuff aside from Bay know what I'm talking about.

And I have to say, a plot twist where we see Becca's story with Frank as the protagonist would definitely be a unique selling point that I would welcome. If you're familiar with Max Frisch's novel Homo faber, you'll have a rough idea of where things are headed, but hopefully with a good ending.

Tavi13

Feb 1, 2021
If you're familiar with Max Frisch's novel Homo faber...
I wasn't but after looking it up and reading the plot, I might have to grab a copy.

And, yeah.....I REALLY hope we have a better ending here than that one sounds....

Jul 21, 2020
Becca planned the fake work trip, but is being tight-lipped about where they're really going to be. Safe to bet it's to get Frank to herself for a few days, at least.
Ah that makes sense, my memory was getting a bit hazy on the subject, I wasn't too sure if Becca had planned to join him on the fake work trip due to her & Lily moving into Frank's artist friend's apartment. If it means we get more 1 on 1 time with Becca, I ain't complaining :D

TheCrimsonRevenger

Jul 13, 2017
I've always wondered, is there any particular reason we cant change the last name? Like, we can change the given name, the formal name, the nickname(twice for one of the girls, lol)...but not the surname?

Tavi13

Feb 1, 2021
yea and that's why no beccy's longing or whatever needed.
I am actually looking forward to seeing what is going through that scheming mind of hers.
It also helps that it isn't a "one or the other' type of release. They are being worked on at the same time with the side-story when time/computer availability allows, so it isn't slowing the release of the main story at all.

I also know, and admit, that I am one of the oddballs around her. I need a solid story to stay interested in something, cute renders aren't enough. Early on Franks monologues came close to making me drop this one. Luckily those have been getting better and, thanks to Becca, there has been progress despite them.

Tavi13

Feb 1, 2021
I've always wondered, is there any particular reason we cant change the last name? Like, we can change the given name, the formal name, the nickname(twice for one of the girls, lol)...but not the surname?
You know, I never even noticed that. Good question.

MrLKX

Jan 12, 2021
First of all, I wouldn't read too much into the unchangeability of surnames. I would say that it's simply due to simplicity, just as a Frank gets in between now and then, even though Frank's first name was changed. And yes, Becca's side story is necessary so that we know how much influence she really had on the plot, and as already mentioned, we understand what's going on in her head. There will be reasons why her side story is the last one to be published.

Adultress

May 20, 2021
don't mind a slow burn story, I really enjoyed it in the beginning when the game first came out and the few update after it, which took forever. I thought things would improve with 'Beta Frank", his inner (whining?) thought's where already apparently annoying but it didn't really bother me, because I thought you know, new game, give the dev a chance, see where he is taking the mc which I did, but since nothing really improved at all, I just stopped playing. One thing I truly hate in any game is the ridiculous game over bs. I remember he got a lot of flack for that in the beginning.
Given that we are now fairly far into the game and nothing has really changed at all, in terms of 'Beta Frank', It's pretty obvious nothing is going to change in the future either.
The longer he slow burns the game the better it is for him and his milk skimming of his patreons. Lil still has not been resolved after all this time.
A good game has balance, this game has non just a slow burn a hole in your wallet.
I actually find the prevalence of horny daughters aggressively pursuing their innocent fathers in incest games kind of gross. It's just a way to avoid responsibility and assuage the player's feelings of guilt.

As for the game-overs, while it is really bad game design, I've yet to see a single game on this site that has been improved by making it more game-y.

yltohawk

Mar 19, 2019
I actually find the prevalence of horny daughters aggressively pursuing their innocent fathers in incest games kind of gross. It's just a way to avoid responsibility and assuage the player's feelings of guilt.

As for the game-overs, while it is really bad game design, I've yet to see a single game on this site that has been improved by making it more game-y.
So you would prefer Men in trench coats armed with all day suckers then???

BurbScooter

May 20, 2020
Gotta say, this is easily the best VN I've ever read. I was glued to my screen for three days straight and was kinda sad when I realized that's all there is for now. When I first downloaded it, I expected a bit of "story" and then a bunch of sex scenes. Boy was I wrong and I am glad that I was. I can't wait to see what's coming next, might even support on Patreon for earlier access.

Best of luck to you, Clever Name Games, and thank you for this awesome VN!

Reactions: imadumb

Neko-Chan Pacifica

Jul 6, 2021
Gotta say, this is easily the best VN I've ever read. I was glued to my screen for three days straight and was kinda sad when I realized that's all there is for now. When I first downloaded it, I expected a bit of "story" and then a bunch of sex scenes. Boy was I wrong and I am glad that I was. I can't wait to see what's coming next, might even support on Patreon for earlier access.

Best of luck to you, Clever Name Games, and thank you for this awesome VN!
Try Leap of Faith, it's on a completely different level. Also Bad Memories if you enjoy good stories.

Son of Durin

Engaged Member
Jul 5, 2021
Finally able to play newest release, after skipping 1.16; thus, my saves were from 1.15. Since I skipped 1.16, I downloaded the full release, not just the update, and I'm using the walkthrough mod.

When trying to load, my saves had been on the "end screen" and, unlike with most other games I've played, this one wouldn't let me scroll back and play, but stubbornly stayed on the end screen, saying I was at the end of 1.17.

To attempt to fix this, I loaded up the 1.15 from my external, rolled all my saves back a couple of slides and saved them. Happily, when I restarted 1.17, there were my saves, rolled properly back.

All was well with the world until I loaded and resumed play, getting the exception script below. Tried to ignore, but the game slung me right back to a "new game" mode.

I really don't want to completely replay again, since I did that when 1.15 came out due to oddities with the transition. Any thoughts?

Text of the exception follows. File also attached.

I'm sorry, but an uncaught exception occurred.

While running game code:
File "game/script.rpy", line 95, in script
menu:
File "renpy/common/00gamemenu.rpy", line 129, in _invoke_game_menu
renpy.call_in_new_context('_game_menu')
File "renpy/common/00action_file.rpy", line 462, in __call__
renpy.load(fn)
Exception: Couldn't find a place to stop rolling back. Perhaps the script changed in an incompatible way?

-- Full Traceback ------------------------------------------------------------

Full traceback:
File "game/script.rpy", line 95, in script
menu:
File "renpy/ast.py", line 1688, in execute
choice = renpy.exports.menu(choices, self.set, args, kwargs, item_arguments)
File "renpy/exports.py", line 1062, in menu
rv = renpy.store.menu(new_items)
File "renpy/exports.py", line 1298, in display_menu
rv = renpy.ui.interact(mouse='menu', type=type, roll_forward=roll_forward)
File "renpy/ui.py", line 298, in interact
rv = renpy.game.interface.interact(roll_forward=roll_forward, **kwargs)
File "renpy/display/core.py", line 3315, in interact
repeat, rv = self.interact_core(preloads=preloads, trans_pause=trans_pause, pause=pause, pause_start=pause_start, **kwargs)
File "renpy/display/core.py", line 4155, in interact_core
rv = root_widget.event(ev, x, y, 0)
File "renpy/display/layout.py", line 1100, in event
rv = i.event(ev, x - xo, y - yo, cst)
File "renpy/display/behavior.py", line 472, in event
rv = run(action)
File "renpy/display/behavior.py", line 329, in run
return action(*args, **kwargs)
File "renpy/common/00gamemenu.rpy", line 129, in _invoke_game_menu
renpy.call_in_new_context('_game_menu')
File "renpy/game.py", line 344, in call_in_new_context
return renpy.execution.run_context(False)
File "renpy/execution.py", line 922, in run_context
context.run()
File "renpy/common/_layout/screen_load_save.rpym", line 35, in script
$ ui.interact()
File "renpy/common/_layout/screen_load_save.rpym", line 35, in script
$ ui.interact()
File "renpy/ast.py", line 928, in execute
renpy.python.py_exec_bytecode(self.code.bytecode, self.hide, store=self.store)
File "renpy/python.py", line 2245, in py_exec_bytecode
exec(bytecode, globals, locals)
File "renpy/common/_layout/screen_load_save.rpym", line 35, in <module>
$ ui.interact()
File "renpy/ui.py", line 298, in interact
rv = renpy.game.interface.interact(roll_forward=roll_forward, **kwargs)
File "renpy/display/core.py", line 3315, in interact
repeat, rv = self.interact_core(preloads=preloads, trans_pause=trans_pause, pause=pause, pause_start=pause_start, **kwargs)
File "renpy/display/core.py", line 4155, in interact_core
rv = root_widget.event(ev, x, y, 0)
File "renpy/display/transition.py", line 48, in event
return self.new_widget.event(ev, x, y, st) # E1101
File "renpy/display/screen.py", line 727, in event
rv = self.child.event(ev, x, y, st)
File "renpy/display/layout.py", line 1313, in event
rv = super(Window, self).event(ev, x, y, st)
File "renpy/display/layout.py", line 273, in event
rv = d.event(ev, x - xo, y - yo, st)
File "renpy/display/behavior.py", line 979, in event
return handle_click(self.clicked)
File "renpy/display/behavior.py", line 914, in handle_click
rv = run(action)
File "renpy/display/behavior.py", line 322, in run
new_rv = run(i, *args, **kwargs)
File "renpy/display/behavior.py", line 329, in run
return action(*args, **kwargs)
File "renpy/common/00action_file.rpy", line 462, in __call__
renpy.load(fn)
File "renpy/loadsave.py", line 771, in load
log.unfreeze(roots, label="_after_load")
File "renpy/python.py", line 2200, in unfreeze
self.rollback(0, force=True, label=label, greedy=greedy, on_load=True)
File "renpy/python.py", line 2014, in rollback
self.load_failed()
File "renpy/python.py", line 1932, in load_failed
raise Exception("Couldn't find a place to stop rolling back. Perhaps the script changed in an incompatible way?")
Exception: Couldn't find a place to stop rolling back. Perhaps the script changed in an incompatible way?

Windows-10-10.0.19041
Ren'Py 7.4.10.2178
Single Again 1.17 1.17
Mon Sep 26 00:50:07 2022

imadumb

Dev of Rikugun Shikan Gakkõ
Game Developer
Aug 25, 2022
1st of all: ASSHOLE! (only serves you right) Some people that could help may prefer to not open an attachment.

Second: I played forward from my save AFTER 1.15, which was/is the release after abandoning the chapter method - I had to replay from that point BECAUSE the chapter method wasn't working the way he wanted it to.

Third: it takes longer than you think. Refer to "Second" - been there, done that, prefer to avoid doing it again.

Any more aggression you want to throw my way? If so, rethink it.
download the update only version of 1.16 and 1.17, replace the files using 1.16 first, then, 1.17, don't use walkthrough mod, better use the dev PDF :3

3.90 star(s) 203 Votes