Son of Durin

Engaged Member
Jul 5, 2021
download the update only version of 1.16 and 1.17, replace the files using 1.16 first, then, 1.17, don't use walkthrough mod, better use the dev PDF :3
I've actually had no issues with the Mod before, and my saves use them, so I'm not sure how that would interact - it can sometimes be a problem, but usually that only arises from "points" manipulation, so it would be worth the try.

I had the sequential update thought, but the one issue that may be a problem is the 1.16 isn't on page 1. Are you aware of whether there is a link to it somewhere? I'll do a search to see if I can find one, but if you are aware of where one might be (or still have yours and can load it to gofile or somesuch), that would be helpful.

EDIT: Searched here and on webs; the sites I found that trip to 1.16 don't actually have it - just 1.17.

Last edited:

imadumb

Dev of Rikugun Shikan Gakkõ
Game Developer
Aug 25, 2022
I've actually had no issues with the Mod before, and my saves use them, so I'm not sure how that would interact - it can sometimes be a problem, but usually that only arises from "points" manipulation, so it would be worth the try.

I had the sequential update thought, but the one issue that may be a problem is the 1.16 isn't on page 1. Are you aware of whether there is a link to it somewhere? I'll do a search to see if I can find one, but if you are aware of where one might be (or still have yours and can load it to gofile or somesuch), that would be helpful.

EDIT: Searched here and on webs; the sites I found that trip to 1.16 don't actually have it - just 1.17.
1664245749486.png
actually, i still have mine e.e i'll upload

• Yay, new update!
Reactions: Son of Durin

imadumb

Game Developer
Aug 25, 2022
Done, Sorry for delay, i slept in front of the pc :V

• Haha
Reactions: Son of Durin

Son of Durin

Engaged Member
Jul 5, 2021
Done, Sorry for delay, i slept in front of the pc :V

Many thanks!

I should have made clearer - I already have 1.15 and could have easily gotten 1.17 here. I know how long it usually takes to upload stuff to gofile - that 4.9G must have been a pain! But thanks for taking the time to help.

This should also help anyone else in my same situation that didn't play 1.16 for some reason and didn't grab it. I'll be holding onto them so I can help out anyone that needs it when 1.18 comes along and maybe isn't up to date.

EDIT: It didn't work. I installed a clean version of 1.15, then installed the 1.16 update and I get the same exception. I've used three different iteration of saves: 1) roll back to final scene with Lilly walking down the hallway; 2) save on black screen that follows final scene; and 3) save on end screen, which worked every time before this update. Unless I hear a decent idea, it looks like these updates don't like something about my saves and I'm potentially screwed at picking up where I left off. And that really sucks.

Last edited:
  • Sad
Reactions: imadumb

imadumb

Game Developer
Aug 25, 2022
Many thanks!

I should have made clearer - I already have 1.15 and could have easily gotten 1.17 here. I know how long it usually takes to upload stuff to gofile - that 4.9G must have been a pain! But thanks for taking the time to help.

This should also help anyone else in my same situation that didn't play 1.16 for some reason and didn't grab it. I'll be holding onto them so I can help out anyone that needs it when 1.18 comes along and maybe isn't up to date.

EDIT: It didn't work. I installed a clean version of 1.15, then installed the 1.16 update and I get the same exception. I've used three different iteration of saves: 1) roll back to final scene with Lilly walking down the hallway; 2) save on black screen that follows final scene; and 3) save on end screen, which worked every time before this update. Unless I hear a decent idea, it looks like these updates don't like something about my saves and I'm potentially screwed at picking up where I left off. And that really sucks.
try to roll back a entire day maybe, x.x or, re-roll the entire game with help of the pdf walkthrough

imadumb

Game Developer
Aug 25, 2022
Many thanks!

try to load your game on 1.15 without mod, save again a new save game, and try to load it after using the Att patch, i hope this works

Son of Durin

Engaged Member
Jul 5, 2021
try to load your game on 1.15 without mod, save again a new save game, and try to load it after using the Att patch, i hope this works
I think there's just something that breaks the saves when trying to play with an update, and that maybe it has to do with the fact that the saves are from 1.15.

The "played" version of 1.15 (with the WT mod) I have on an external opens my saves just fine and allows me to roll back and forth. If I try the same thing with a "fresh" upload of 1.15 (no mods) it gives me the "rollback" error. I ported over my "played" game files to the PC, opened the game without updating, worked just fine. I also deleted the roaming file folder and allowed it to be recreated from the ported "played" game, and everything still worked afterwards. I then installed the updates, including the updated WT mod (have to be consistent) and ended up with the same "rollback" error.

It may be a mod issue; it may be a "game got tweaked" issue; just don't know. But, the saves were based upon WT mod gameplay - maybe missing the 1.16 mod update has an impact - the game is looking for some marker or file associated with that update in the saves or the persistent, but the save and persistent stop at 1.15, so it can't be there. I don't know that I can find the 1.16 Zoey's, but I'll probably try.

I'll also try the suggestion of rolling back further than a few slides first to see if that makes any impact. [EDIT - rolled a save back as far as I could, same error.] There was also a suggestion of starting a "new" game, which I did and fast forwarded through a couple of decisions, saved - also, no joy. I'm really thinking skipping 1.16, mixed with using a mod and not having the full continuation, is at the root of this. Renpy seems to be a very finicky platform, and the fact that this game uses an older iteration may also be an issue.

Last edited:

cxx

Message Maestro
Nov 14, 2017
well no errors for me since dev scrapped plan to make 2 chapters.

try this save from december.

Neko-Chan Pacifica

Jul 6, 2021
Dear developer, please change the models of the girls, they look like underage school girls and that is not acceptable. I don't know what you where thinking when you changed the original models..but these, surely you can see why people are pissed at what you have done? There is a thing called being morally wrong, and this game has crossed a line that should never really be crossed with, regardless if you say they are not underage, the fact they look underage is the point.

cxx

Message Maestro
Nov 14, 2017
Dear developer, please change the models of the girls, they look like underage school girls and that is not acceptable. I don't know what you where thinking when you changed the original models..but these, surely you can see why people are pissed at what you have done? There is a thing called being morally wrong, and this game has crossed a line that should never really be crossed with, regardless if you say they are not underage, the fact they look underage is the point.
won't happen and imagine what would happen if he did.

Tavi13

Feb 1, 2021
Are you posting in the right thread? Honestly asking, I've cross-posted to threads a time or two myself.

There are multiple games here where that is a valid statement, and I would agree with you, but this isn't one of them. These models look like age appropriate.

BartPS

Oct 21, 2020
Well that's strange because to me, if anything they look older now.

Cartageno

Devoted Member
Dec 1, 2019
Whatever you see in them as looking underage, I can understand that it distracts you. However, you can be certain that changes in this way are extremely unlikely to happen at all. Those who support the game will like the way it looks (otherwise they wouldn't be) and would be pissed off if it changes. And almost every render would have to be redone, which means a lot of things but mostly time going down the drain. And that is not even mentioning that the issue is way too vague to really know what to do as a dev to begin with.

Watcher X

Dec 26, 2017
So I finally got to play the latest update, and I feel this game is starting to lose me.

Initially, the relationship between the MC and the 3 girls were what I found interesting and drew me in. Now, with side girls thrown in it's all starting to feel a bit silly. The lesbian couple should have been a one and done thing, now they look to be permanent additions. They could have been an interesting story on their own, but in this game they just contribute to the bloat.

Meiko is such a nothing character. I wish she was never introduced or we had the option to ignore her completely. She is just a 5th wheel and contributes nothing to the story. The naïve inexperienced girl is already being played by Abby, so Meiko serves no purpose and detracts from the central story.

It's getting to the stage now like in most harem games where the characters just stop making sense and their actions become illogical. Sad to see.

Son of Durin

Engaged Member
Jul 5, 2021
Gave up on trying to figure out a fix. I started a replay and found dialogue changes as I did skips. It seems that I had a pre-final 1.15 and something got changed that, when the updates came out, was incompatable with my prior saves. Something as simple as a dialogue change shouldn't do it, so he must have futzed with a piece of code. This is the second time I have to restart - this is getting exhausting.

MrLKX

Jan 12, 2021
The couple (their names are Vanessa and Beth) have quite their justification: Vanessa as a platonic friend for Frank to talk to and now also talk about the ways of Becca, Abby and Lilli and who doesn't want to get into his pants. That being said, it can't hurt for Frank to have friends of influence, depending on when (and it will definitely come to that with Shannon at some point) it goes nuclear. That being said, it was definitely interesting to see for once that there are people (Vanessa) who weren't impressed with Becca's whole act.

As for Meiko and Abby: I think because she's been rather subtle so far (at least more subtle than Becca and Lilly), she's underestimated: Abby is definitely not nearly as harmless as she seems. In fact, with the rules she sets, she pushes Frank further and further in the direction she wants. Becca once described Abby as more of the submissive type (and herself as more of a mix of dominant and submissive), but over the course of the plot we've seen more and more of a shift, at least in Abby and Becca: Becca is, and we see this clearly in her dynamic with Meiko and in the confrontation with Vanessa and Beth, she's definitely a purely dominant type by now. With Abby, I say that she is now a mixed type, because she is clearly more subtle than Becca, but tries to get her way with her rules towards Frank and in the confrontation with Lilly, when she managed to get Lilly to become meek, something that only Shannon has managed in this way so far. We don't know yet what exactly she told Lilly, but she gave a rough summary, and I think it takes little imagination to guess the approximate wording.

In general, Meiko is more the innocent person for me, Abby has at least experimented with Lilly and "Big Daddy" in the past. It's different than with Frank, but still you shouldn't underestimate Abby, while Meiko has no experience at all.

Outside of that, Meiko has another role: Frank has never been Meiko's stepfather or foster father, unlike with Becca, Lilly, and Abby, and so can safely act outwardly as Frank's girlfriend without the risk of Frank coming off as a groomer afterwards.

However, I agree so far that no more girls should be added. Since we've seen Madison (the girl with the tattoo) again we can assume that we'll see her every now and then, the judge's daughter (and probably the waitress we've seen twice so far) will probably remain one-off stories. With Madison, I personally don't know where to put her, since in fact pretty much all the roles are covered by the other ladies. Also, I hope Vanessa continues to be portrayed as purely lesbian and doesn't eventually get curious for some reason about what the hype is about Frank's wand. That would ruin her as a character for me personally.

• Thinking Face
Reactions: Cartageno

cxx

Message Maestro
Nov 14, 2017
This is the second time I have to restart - this is getting exhausting.
i agree with restarting especially if game has been gotten many updates since then needs to remember what did x time ago with char z and that's not easy if no wt-pdf or wt-mod.

3.90 star(s) 203 Votes