MrLKX

Jan 12, 2021
I don't think it would match in time either, I mean in the biographies it says that they didn't meet again until years later when they were both single parents. That being said, my thesis that Trevor is not Lilly's father, biologically, is just that: A thesis.

Macar

Aug 25, 2019
So I played some of this game years ago when it was still new, and I remember talk at the time that they were going to add the ability to customize the family name. I decided to revisit it now, and you still can't change the family name. Did I imagine this? Or were they really going to change it but then couldn't for some reason?

Hellster

Engaged Member
May 18, 2019
So I played some of this game years ago when it was still new, and I remember talk at the time that they were going to add the ability to customize the family name. I decided to revisit it now, and you still can't change the family name. Did I imagine this? Or were they really going to change it but then couldn't for some reason?
I don't remember any mention of that being added, or any intention of it being added

Reactions: hawk784563

Trikus

May 31, 2020
I know this is a wild theory here, but it also fits two recurring themes of Single Again:

What if Trevor, Shannon's first husband, isn't Lilly's biological father?

We can already rule out Becca being his daughter, since Shannon would have had at most a month to finish high school, find a job, and get to know Trevor. Theoretically possible, but practically very narrow.

Accordingly, Becca and Abby definitely grew up completely without a biological father. With Becca I assume it was a drunken one night stand at a girls night with Shannon and her friends, how it was with Abby or rather her mother we know.

So what would the scenario look like? Shannon and Trevor had been married for a few years, about 3-4 years maximum. Shannon might be bored and Trevor might not pay enough attention to her to satisfy her appetite. So she claims to be visiting friends (such as her high school clique or other friends she has since made) and either assigns Trevor to babysit Becca or pays a babysitter. She in the meantime moves around the houses, she is after all only around the 20 and from therefore this is perhaps not completely unexpected, meets a guy she likes, one has a few drinks too much and bang they end up together in bed, as already with Becca's conception.

So Shannon gets pregnant and either doesn't know herself that Trevor is not the father or hides it from him. Lilly is born a few months later and of course thinks Trevor is her father and is totally fixated on him as a daddy's child. Trevor eventually realizes that he is not the father, either relatively early and pulls himself together or by a stupid coincidence. In any case, at some point it becomes too much for him and he leaves and Lilly's heart breaks.

Of course, it's also possible that Trevor is actually Lilly's father and he's just a bad person and father. That's also possible, and bad parents, especially bad fathers, are also a recurring theme in Single Again.
There is nothing to suggest this couldn't be possible, though why would he go back if she cheated on him? If Trevor left because she cheated and had a daughter by that guy, why be with her when it would mean he helped her cheat on her new husband, and he would have to see Lilly again.

stangnomez

Jun 20, 2020
There is nothing to suggest this couldn't be possible, though why would he go back if she cheated on him? If Trevor left because she cheated and had a daughter by that guy, why be with her when it would mean he helped her cheat on her new husband, and he would have to see Lilly again.
It was a whole thing that Trevor came back at a time when he knew Lilly wouldn't be there. There is also the unknown male voice that called Frank; possibly it was Trevor who set it up to get back her (and while he was at it, splash damage on his ex's new man)

Trikus

May 31, 2020
It was a whole thing that Trevor came back at a time when he knew Lilly wouldn't be there. There is also the unknown male voice that called Frank; possibly it was Trevor who set it up to get back her (and while he was at it, splash damage on his ex's new man)
True, but what if he wanted to get back with Shannon, he would eventually have to face Lilly. She lives in that house and could return at any time. Also, I kinda have a feeling that Becca is the one that called Frank and put on a different voice, or got a friend to call him. She didn't seem shocked when Frank told her her mom was cheating with Trevor.

Reactions: hawk784563

Son of Durin

Engaged Member
Jul 5, 2021
I think the unknown voice was the PI for the attorney, trying to make sure Frank got away from Shannunt so she couldn't take half.

stangnomez

Jun 20, 2020
True, but what if he wanted to get back with Shannon, he would eventually have to face Lilly. She lives in that house and could return at any time. Also, I kinda have a feeling that Becca is the one that called Frank and put on a different voice, or got a friend to call him. She didn't seem shocked when Frank told her her mom was cheating with Trevor.
It didn't seem like Trevor had any intention of getting back with Shannon. With Shannon absolutely needing to know if Lilly would be at work on Friday, it read to me like a Trevor-was-passing-through-town kind of thing.

Personally, I haven't found any of the mysterious voice theories convincing, though quite a few are plausible.

NewTricks

Forum Fanatic
Nov 1, 2017
I spent some time working for a PI firm and one of the first things they tell us is to disclose nothing to anybody except the paying client and the cops, and only tell the cops if you are wearing handcuffs. You can lose your license by disclosing to anyone else, not to mention a lot of times the methods of discovery are not legal strictly speaking. I think that it is much more likely that Becca put on a fake man voice and made the call than a private detective doing so when they had nothing to gain from it. I doubt it is Lily because she probably would have just charged in with an axe and then burned the house down (not to mention she didn't seem to know when she asked later, although she suspected).

stangnomez

Jun 20, 2020
It was actually Justin. He had the hots for Lilly, but he knew that Abby was dangerous; both because of how much Lilly talks about Abby, and because he figured out what was going on when Lilly broke up with her previous boyfriend. Justin had been stalking Lillys house, and saw an opportunity to break up Frank and Shannon (and by extension Lilly and Abby). His plan backfired, since he underestimated both Franks paternal feelings and Lillys devotion, and he started banging Christine.

Son of Durin

Engaged Member
Jul 5, 2021
It was actually Justin. He had the hots for Lilly, but he knew that Abby was dangerous; both because of how much Lilly talks about Abby, and because he figured out what was going on when Lilly broke up with her previous boyfriend. Justin had been stalking Lillys house, and saw an opportunity to break up Frank and Shannon (and by extension Lilly and Abby). His plan backfired, since he underestimated both Franks paternal feelings and Lillys devotion, and he started banging Christine.
Not the strangest theory I've heard. Things said during the meeting with the lawyer still have me at about 90% on the PI, though.

Dec 20, 2020
Haven't played through yet, but I am at the part where Becca joins MC in the shower, and I am getting a very sick of her.

She has gone batshit insane. He needs to leave the shower himself, and kick her the fuck out when she comes downstairs. Not just stand there, stare at her, and wonder what he's supposed to do. She needs to go, if for no other reason than to let her know how seriously he disapproves of her sociopathic behavior. She's not listening to him when he tells her, so he has to show her.

Had to get that off my chest. Now to go find out what actually happens.

***edit***

After the sauna scene, and with what's now going on in the shower, I'm about ready to say I'm out. Not there yet, but really damn close. It may be a few days before I can get back into this story again. That's how much I need to calm down.

I hate manipulators. Nothing is for love, only in what they can get people to do, especially if it's against their will. What really sucks is, and I don't know if there has been a reveal along these lines yet, but I was rooting for Becca being MC's real daughter. Shannon moved away 24 years before, Becca is 23. Thrown in 9 months for the pregnancy, and there's your math right there. But if this is how it's going to go, it's ruined for me.

Sorry for that. I really need to go calm down. Guess this shows how good the story has been over all. I care enough to get this pissed off.

Last edited:

Son of Durin

Engaged Member
Jul 5, 2021
Haven't played through yet, but I am at the part where Becca joins MC in the shower, and I am getting a very sick of her.

She has gone batshit insane. He needs to leave the shower himself, and kick her the fuck out when she comes downstairs. Not just stand there, stare at her, and wonder what he's supposed to do. She needs to go, if for no other reason than to let her know how seriously he disapproves of her sociopathic behavior. She's not listening to him when he tells her, so he has to show her.

Had to get that off my chest. Now to go find out what actually happens.
She's the catalyst of the game. Without Becca, there wouldn't be much going on.

3.90 star(s) 203 Votes