Elhemeer

Forum Fanatic
Jun 20, 2022
I mean MC is a fan of hokey.
And supporting a Canadian team, as people found out (though you can of course do that from Vietnam for all its worth). Some people also found out minor parts you wouldn't know, IIRC one phone number mentioned was distinctly Canadian. Then again you have to be careful with that, with hints like this I can point you to a game which seems to be simultaneously set in four different places - because dev didn't give a fuck.
I'll be honest, this made me think the story was based in Canada too ... but not because I knew the name of the teams mentioned, but because I didn't. Other than the names, that could be in many north-central to north-east US States too.

Elduriel

Engaged Member
Donor
Mar 28, 2021
I'll be honest, this made me think the story was based in Canada too ... but not because I knew the name of the teams mentioned, but because I didn't. Other than the names, that could be in many north-central to north-east US States too.
Also if it was the US they couldn't get into bars like that under 21 afaik

Reactions: pgm_01

Son of Durin

Engaged Member
Jul 5, 2021
Also if it was the US they couldn't get into bars like that under 21 afaik
If you're under 21, you can get in with a parent or guardian in most states, and a parent or guardian can even buy a drink for your consumption as well, but they generally aren't allowed in after a certain time if alone and under 21, at least in some states. The "entry" issue is really for just straight up bars; pool halls, restaurants, etc., it's usually just fine, though you may be restricted to "non-bar" areas of such establishments.

ImperialD

Devoted Member
Oct 24, 2019
legal age to drink anything alcohol in the U.S.A is 21 ... altho you can enter a bar at any age really .. as long as you don't drink any alcohol .. you can stay in the bar .....also there are 4 states which you can drink alcohol at 18 kansas/ohio/south dakota and oklahoma thats for the lower types of alcohol .... the types that are stronger the age is 21 ;)

Son of Durin

Engaged Member
Jul 5, 2021
legal age to drink anything alcohol in the U.S.A is 21 ... altho you can enter a bar at any age really .. as long as you don't drink any alcohol .. you can stay in the bar .....also there are 4 states which you can drink alcohol at 18 kansas/ohio/south dakota and oklahoma thats for the lower types of alcohol .... the types that are stronger the age is 21 ;)
You can't be served alcohol in Texas under the age of 21; but a parent or guardian can buy a drink and give it their minor child or ward for consumption. However, you better not get them publicly intoxicated. I suspect there are similar provisions in many other states.

Reactions: ImperialD

ImperialD

Devoted Member
Oct 24, 2019
You can't be served alcohol in Texas under the age of 21; but a parent or guardian can buy a drink and give it their minor child or ward for consumption. However, you better not get them publicly intoxicated. I suspect there are similar provisions in many other states.
i know i use to live in Texas .... a long long time ago ... what sucked for me at the time is parker county was (is) a dry county :(

Cartageno

Devoted Member
Dec 1, 2019
thats for the lower types of alcohol
Generally, where it is differentiated, it is about fermentation (beer, wine) being allowed earlier than distillation (whiskey, rum). Obviously less because of the process and more because fermentation will not get too strong, but at least in some places mixes with distilled drinks are still forbidden even though they may contain less alcohol than some of the fermentation ones.

• Haha

Son of Durin

Engaged Member
Jul 5, 2021
i know i use to live in Texas .... a long long time ago ... what sucked for me at the time is parker county was (is) a dry county :(
Had to go to a "private club", eh? What a scam. Still exists in a few places but most have come around to the realization that prohibition was lifted. I'm a hospitality exec and saw most of our "private club" units able to get normal FB and MB licenses. With the scamdemic, the rules got loosened and even MB license holders were able to sell LBW to go, so long as the order also included food. It think it got made permanent during the 2021 legislative session.

Elhemeer

Forum Fanatic
Jun 20, 2022
yeah, I meant more like the drinking part of it
So did I ... people always know which bars they can get away with fudging their ages (doesn't matter what state, it's just more open in some than others) or where to get fake IDs.

That said, having Dad with you in such a place (or with a fake ID) WOULD be odd.

ImperialD

Devoted Member
Oct 24, 2019
i think i've covered th
So did I ... people always know which bars they can get away with fudging their ages (doesn't matter what state, it's just more open in some than others) or where to get fake IDs.

That said, having Dad with you in such a place (or with a fake ID) WOULD be odd.
<-------- how about a great grandpa ;)

3.90 star(s) 203 Votes