Elhemeer

Forum Fanatic
Jun 20, 2022
And to be clear again, to avoid misunderstanding, I don't think Becca is Frank's daughter. Could Becca have been the result of a drunken fling in a back alley or restroom while Shannon was having a girls night out with her clique? Absolutely a realistic possibility with Shannon.
To be honest, I don't think Becca is going to be Frank's biological daughter either, but mostly because I think the dev wants to keep the "ALMOST" incest (as far as patreon and others are concerned) story, rather than actual. If not for that, I think the game would go there eventually.

stangnomez

Jun 20, 2020
Regarding Franks understanding, there are three possibilities that I can see:

1) Frank never did the math. I am getting to around Franks age, and I have to pause and think when people ask me how old I am. If you asked me how long it's been since junior year of high school, I would need to pull out a calculator. Furthermore, what is 9 months before March? Frank is not an incest-obsessed weirdo, and his knowledge of his and Shannons HS romance does not solely consist of 'had a lot of sex ~9 months before Becca happened'

2) Frank did the math, but Shannon told him no at the beginning of their re-relationship. We know that Shannon is a liar, but Frank at the time did not, and likely would have preferred to accept it than sabotage his chance to get a mother for Abby. Wait for over a decade of source-amnesia to set in, and Frank might 'know' that Becca isn't his without ever re-examining why he thought so.

3) Frank knows, and doesn't have as much of a problem with it as he thinks he should. There are two reason that I think this. First, when Frank was negotiating with Becca, she points out the real reason Abby is off limits: Jess. Second, Probably the most meme phrase of Single Again is "We cant...You're my...". Searching through the script files for the phrase 'you're my' pops up a lot of hits for 'You're my father', 'You're my sister', 'You're my girl', 'You're my [character name]', etc., but the only time that phrase ends uncompleted and uninterrupted as in the meme, it is Frank talking to Becca. And when Frank does say that, Becca goes into reassuring mode about how it is alright for them to have a sexual relationship. Frank doesn't know that Becca knows, which is why he doesn't finish that phrase, and Becca knows that if Frank ever does then it will become orders of magnitude more difficult to continue sexing him. For comparison, when he talks to Lilly in similar situations his go to whinging is 'we can't...it's...'.

MrLKX

Jan 12, 2021
Something was going through my mind: we, including myself, assumed that Abby's father's appearance might have a dramatic twist or that he might take an antagonistic role. But what if the opposite is the case? We know that his wife will be there. What if he kept the Abby and Jessica situation a secret from his wife until recently, out of shame or whatever, and now it's come out and his wife has put the thumbscrews on him to repent for what he did back then? For example, he could just show up and apologize to Abby for his actions back then, since Jess is no longer around, and offer to pay for Abby's school career, since his behavior was partly to blame for Jessica having to drop out (even though she probably never regretted it).

• Thinking Face
Reactions: pgm_01 and Elhemeer

rudy007

Engaged Member
Mar 17, 2021
Something was going through my mind: we, including myself, assumed that Abby's father's appearance might have a dramatic twist or that he might take an antagonistic role. But what if the opposite is the case? We know that his wife will be there. What if he kept the Abby and Jessica situation a secret from his wife until recently, out of shame or whatever, and now it's come out and his wife has put the thumbscrews on him to repent for what he did back then? For example, he could just show up and apologize to Abby for his actions back then, since Jess is no longer around, and offer to pay for Abby's school career, since his behavior was partly to blame for Jessica having to drop out (even though she probably never regretted it).
Only one who knows is CNG. And we also know that CNG won't tell us. Even if we say pretty please.
But back on your thought. Yes, we all (mostly) assumed that Abby's father comes for a twist in story (don't know if good or bad). What if it's something good? We don't know and assume it isn't. But on negative side, it will be very hard (if not impossible) to explain why he dumped Jess and what he wants from Abby. Even if there are his parents involved (we have too much parental involvement already, from all sides). Has his wive something with that. Good think is Frank is going with Abby and we will have the front seat. Hope only if we have choices, we don't have only bad ones.

• Haha
Reactions: pgm_01 and cxx

girlfairdev

Mar 15, 2020
Funny how this dev follows the same pattern as most others. Patreon page goes up with a tag on their "goals" saying once they reach it they'll work on the game full time. Then when they do updates take longer than ever before. Which would be cool if they showed bigger updates, or more animations, or better content or renders, but nope.

ThorinKing

Engaged Member
Feb 16, 2023
Funny how this dev follows the same pattern as most others. Patreon page goes up with a tag on their "goals" saying once they reach it they'll work on the game full time. Then when they do updates take longer than ever before. Which would be cool if they showed bigger updates, or more animations, or better content or renders, but nope.
Funny thing about updates, the further down the road they are, the more choices from the past they have to tie into and the greater the complexity of the choices and programming. Gee, I wonder if that takes more time?

Mommysbuttslut

Engaged Member
Feb 19, 2021
Funny thing about updates, the further down the road they are, the more choices from the past they have to tie into and the greater the complexity of the choices and programming. Gee, I wonder if that takes more time?
Except this dev doesn't do that to himself. You might remember a few updates back the game got split into two parts, before being remerged into just one download for the following update. There was only the tiniest handful of choices that actually tracked through the two game versions and I'm pretty sure they've all been resolved so far. This dev is basically making an almost KVN but with choices. Everything is on rails and goes through a single path, with the odd option here or there to avoid content or the odd choice that will cause you to miss out on some. Nothing meaningful actually changes though, the actually important things are all unavoidable so far.

ThorinKing

Engaged Member
Feb 16, 2023
Except this dev doesn't do that to himself. You might remember a few updates back the game got split into two parts, before being remerged into just one download for the following update. There was only the tiniest handful of choices that actually tracked through the two game versions and I'm pretty sure they've all been resolved so far. This dev is basically making an almost KVN but with choices. Everything is on rails and goes through a single path, with the odd option here or there to avoid content or the odd choice that will cause you to miss out on some. Nothing meaningful actually changes though, the actually important things are all unavoidable so far.
The choices are multiplying once again, though. Probably one of the reasons it was split. Now there will be issues of actual fatherhood, choices related to how different LIs will "pair" and interact; throuples or no thouples, etc. It's all building again.

The end of Ch1 may have gotten to one plateau, but now you're climbing again.

If you think it's so simple, design and build your own, then tell us how much easier it gets fourteen updates down the road.

Mommysbuttslut

Engaged Member
Feb 19, 2021
If you think it's so simple, design and build your own, then tell us how much easier it gets fourteen updates down the road.
What a smoothbrain argument. I didn't say it was easy, I said this dev has been intentionally taking the easy way in terms of pathing. If you think any of those decisions are going to have lasting consequences to the story and turn into anything more than a content opt in/out choice then I've got a bridge in Manhattan to sell to you.

MrLKX

Jan 12, 2021
If the walkthrough PDF is to be believed, there are still a few decisions that will be resolved.

ThorinKing

Engaged Member
Feb 16, 2023
If the walkthrough PDF is to be believed, there are still a few decisions that will be resolved.
I think some people believe these are purely linear, rather than exponential, progressions. Typically, these folks don't understand complex systems and equations and, while this isn't cold fusion, it's much more complex than "Dick and Jane".

SaoriSama

Dec 25, 2019
That's an interesting take but I what if CNG wants to use the biological father in another way. The thing getting in the way of frank with Abby is Jess, as he has her on a pedestal and can almost do no wrong. What if the father explains to frank that they split up because Jess was actually cheating on him(maybe drunk) like she claimed was the reason for the breakup. Jess could of been lying to frank to get him to feel sorry for her and didn't want to admit to making the mistake (even if drunk at the time of cheating). This would have the most likely impact of shattering his image of Jess and who she was, while also removing the barrier that stops his interactions with Abby. He wouldn't stop loving her as the time they had was real to him, but also should knock her off that pedestal. Not sure if this has been posted before as I have not read all the posts on here but i thought i would offer some other perspective. Thoughts?

MrLKX

Jan 12, 2021
I think that may well be the case, we just know what Jess was like through Frank, something I call Frank's "memory bias" for lack of a better word.

I suspect we won't get any big surprises about Jess and Shannon (whose families we actually know very little about). So it may well be that Jess and Shannon form two sides of the same coin (two women who had a relationship with Frank and were married to him, difficult relationship with parents, but of personality like oil and water).

The only clue for me that makes me believe Jess was honest and she didn't make a Shannon is her dynamic with her daughter:

Frank's perception of Jess was that she was a self-sacrificing person and mother. From the pictures we've seen of her and little Abby, it's pretty clear that she loved her daughter very much.

Compare that to Shannon and her dynamic with Lilly and Becca: So far we've seen very little of that when Lilly and Becca were little, though in flashbacks (all of which were actually in "Lilith's Longing"), I didn't get much of an impression that Shannon was a very maternal person.

Another scene that comes to mind is when little Abby is already in the world and they are both having financial problems. She says in the scene that she doesn't care if the three of them have to live in a cardboard box as long as they are together.

I'm inclined to believe Frank's perception that Jess was a good person, even if it's just a better person than Shannon, although that's not hard to do.

And even if Jess had had an affair that resulted in Abby, she would still be Jessica's daughter and wouldn't change much, at least in that regard.

3.90 star(s) 203 Votes