rudy007

Engaged Member
Mar 17, 2021
That's an interesting take but I what if CNG wants to use the biological father in another way. The thing getting in the way of frank with Abby is Jess, as he has her on a pedestal and can almost do no wrong. What if the father explains to frank that they split up because Jess was actually cheating on him(maybe drunk) like she claimed was the reason for the breakup. Jess could of been lying to frank to get him to feel sorry for her and didn't want to admit to making the mistake (even if drunk at the time of cheating). This would have the most likely impact of shattering his image of Jess and who she was, while also removing the barrier that stops his interactions with Abby. He wouldn't stop loving her as the time they had was real to him, but also should knock her off that pedestal. Not sure if this has been posted before as I have not read all the posts on here but i thought i would offer some other perspective. Thoughts?
Ufff...
You are bringing few fresh insights to that. There are few points where you could be right. But some thing not. A claim with drunk sex could be truth. In this case that changes everything we know. And it goes good up to the point when Jess comes to Frank crying. Before that Jess was saying the truth. Frank was only a friend. She's pregnant. Her parents kick she out. And then she was "adopted" by Franks family. Main problem I see here is actually Frank and his family would accept Jess without her story. Frank would. She had no reason to lie and to made up a story.
If Abby's father though she was a slut, why would he come now. Yes, this story would interrupt their situation, but because he left for any reason it was, Frank was there for her and Jess. This would create an interrupt in their live, but cannot imagine it would change anything. Abby would still hate him, Frank is the only father she knows. Frank didn't do anything wrong to. So, I ask myself why would he come now.

stangnomez

Jun 20, 2020
After Abbys cameo in Chasing Sunsets, we can establish that Single Again exists in the Lexi Extended AVN Universe. The Unbroken is another game in the LEAU. One of the LIs in The Unbroken is Elspeth Adair. If that sounds vaguely familiar, Adair was Jess' maiden name. In The Unbroken, the Adairs are Scottish Nobility. However, Elspeth does mention that some members of the Adair family are living across the pond, and that they are not particularly well regarded. Could this be because they are the strain of venal noble wannabes, convinced that they are just a few places in line away from a Title? This could explain why they were so keen for Jess to abort Abby; it would eliminate the possibility that some strapping young nobleman would decided it was time for some good old-fashioned royal family incest and come calling. It could also explain why Abbys bio-dad has suddenly become interested; he heard about the Scottish Adairs, put two and two together, and realized that he might be the father of a countess or something.

From a literary perspective, it would fit the trend of things falling in characters laps. In a period of two weeks Frank got alimony from Shannon, Frank and Abby got a huge chunk of money and a vacation house, the Oxton girls are getting a free apartment, and it's a solid guess that Frank becoming the baby-daddy to a woman soon to become the richest person in the world will probably have some material benefit to them. Why not throw a Scottish Estate in there as well?

It is, if you think about it, inevitable. The only other possible explanation is that two different AVN authors both decided to name their redhead characters by looking at Wikipedias 'List of Scottish Names' and picking the first one that didn't sound silly, but how likely is that, really?

Jace_Herondale

Apr 2, 2020
Ok, so question. Since now there's less than a week to the end of February was there any more exact date given, other than "end of February"

Reactions: Punto

Rain90

Oct 26, 2019
The Letterkenny reference had me laughing. Fantastic game so far! I mean I'm sure I'm close to being done but I absolutely love it.

Rintal

May 6, 2017
Funny how this dev follows the same pattern as most others. Patreon page goes up with a tag on their "goals" saying once they reach it they'll work on the game full time. Then when they do updates take longer than ever before. Which would be cool if they showed bigger updates, or more animations, or better content or renders, but nope.
LOL! Is it true. Come to think of it, I've never seen games develop faster. Despite the fact that DEV is gaining experience, improving skills, getting better hardware, getting more financial support, in most cases, games are being developed more and more slowly. Paradox!

Reactions: agentscarn2020

ramvivat

Engaged Member
Jun 28, 2022
LOL! Is it true. Come to think of it, I've never seen games develop faster. Despite the fact that DEV is gaining experience, improving skills, getting better hardware, getting more financial support, in most cases, games are being developed more and more slowly. Paradox!
remember what the hero of Clint Eastwood said in the movie "for a fistful of dollars" - when a person becomes richer, he begins to appreciate his life.

MrLKX

Jan 12, 2021
I don't know if it's been brought up yet, but I noticed the following today as I was going over all the major female characters (and Madison) in my head again:

All of them have at least a difficult relationship with their parents.

Abby: Her mother is dead and likely not much love for her biological father.

Becca: Her father is unknown (I'm sticking with Trevor having a too-tight window to be an option as the father). And her mother is Shannon.

Lilly: Her father ran away, leaving her severely thraumatized. Her mother is Shannon, which says enough. Like herself

Jessica: Her parents disowned her when she got pregnant and kept the baby. Jessica, if I recall correctly, deliberately rejected the double name and did everything in her power to ensure that Abby would never have contact with her grandparents.

Shannon: Was probably disowned by her parents when she got pregnant. Otherwise, we know little about the relationship, but it can be assumed that is not good

Meiko: Her parents tried to arrange a marriage for her in the past, which resulted in her standing up to her parents for the first time. Of all of them, she might be the one with the best relationship with her parents.

Beth: Her parents want her to have a child, the family to have the next heir, which creates some pressure in their marriage. Most problematic is the mother.

You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

Last edited:

cxx

Message Maestro
Nov 14, 2017
doubt beth's mother will want to get frank and beth married since beth would then break all remaining ties to her family.

MrLKX

Jan 12, 2021
doubt beth's mother will want to get frank and beth married since beth would then break all remaining ties to her family.
I may have phrased it a little misleadingly. What I was getting at was that Beth's mother in particular wants Beth to get pregnant so that her child can eventually inherit Beth's enterprise. I also think Beth's mother more or less respects her marriage to Vanessa, but she has to have that child, even if it is through a donor. I remember the situation where Frank and Abby meet Beth's parents and Beth's mother "checks" Abby a little too much. She's problematic, as we can see from the fact that her husband (Beth's father) isn't thrilled with what she's doing either, but I think she's miles away from being a Shannon.

Another thing that crosses my mind: Jess and Shannon are often portrayed as two sides of the same coin in the story (both married to Frank, both pushed away by their parents after getting pregnant). We remember that Jess refused to have an abortion when she was around 20. What if 15 year old Shannon wanted the abortion but couldn't, either because the parents didn't want her to or because it would have caused complications for some medical reason? I know I'm going way into the realm of speculation here because we know very little about her parents, strictly speaking hardly anything and the things we do know don't give us any answers as to why. But it would probably explain to some degree why the adult Shannon is the way she is, her opinion on offspring (including potential offspring of the daughters "I don't want your accidents running around in my house").

Cartageno

Devoted Member
Dec 1, 2019
I may have phrased it a little misleadingly. What I was getting at was that Beth's mother in particular wants Beth to get pregnant so that her child can eventually inherit Beth's enterprise. I also think Beth's mother more or less respects her marriage to Vanessa, but she has to have that child, even if it is through a donor. I remember the situation where Frank and Abby meet Beth's parents and Beth's mother "checks" Abby a little too much. She's problematic, as we can see from the fact that her husband (Beth's father) isn't thrilled with what she's doing either, but I think she's miles away from being a Shannon.

Another thing that crosses my mind: Jess and Shannon are often portrayed as two sides of the same coin in the story (both married to Frank, both pushed away by their parents after getting pregnant). We remember that Jess refused to have an abortion when she was around 20. What if 15 year old Shannon wanted the abortion but couldn't, either because the parents didn't want her to or because it would have caused complications for some medical reason? I know I'm going way into the realm of speculation here because we know very little about her parents, strictly speaking hardly anything and the things we do know don't give us any answers as to why. But it would probably explain to some degree why the adult Shannon is the way she is, her opinion on offspring (including potential offspring of the daughters "I don't want your accidents running around in my house").
The last part may be true and it may explain some of her behavior, and that would be pertinent info to avoid stuff like that in the future. However, her being as she is, I would still try to avoid her. Trying to get her out of being an asshole is an admirable task but it'd take a bigger man than me to do it.

JustPeekin

Mar 21, 2020
Tomorrow will be the last day of February. Any news on discord or something? Even delay?
Sounds like it will be out on the 8th.
CleverNameGames
02/25/2023 12:53 PM

They have most of it. I'm still working on it. I'm going set the release date for March 8th. That gives me a week and a half to finish this thing.

MrLKX

Jan 12, 2021
The last part may be true and it may explain some of her behavior, and that would be pertinent info to avoid stuff like that in the future. However, her being as she is, I would still try to avoid her. Trying to get her out of being an asshole is an admirable task but it'd take a bigger man than me to do it.
Honestly? I think she is an irredeemably bad person.

The saying with the accidents in her house is pretty below the belt when we think of Becca, more or less consciously, is described that way.

The whole story that played out in the divorce.

Her dynamic with Abby and Lilly. (Consequently dialogues between Abby and Frank as well as Lilly's nightmare in her side story with Shannon as a teacher).

I've said it many times before: she's a cold and narcissistic person, from what we've seen so far, and I think she would be - if she were to become romanceable again - deservedly the bait for a bad ending.

Reactions: Elhemeer
3.90 star(s) 203 Votes