MrLKX

Jan 12, 2021
Rule of drama?
The showdown with Shannon will happen soon enough. The previous update, the last update and probably the next update focus on Frank's bonding with Becca and especially Lilly and Lilly's character development.

Shannon showing up here would have required Becca to screw up pretty badly, which would have been relatively unique in the plot so far (except for Beth and Vanessa finding a half-naked Becca and Frank in the sauna, but this didn't have any serious consequences due to a good relationship between the two and Frank - plus Beth got to see something she seemed to like).

There will probably be more drama when Frank and Abby confront Abby's biological father (we already know from the conversation with the lawyer that everything that happened to Jess is still a red rag for Frank and Abby won't have much love for her biological father either). Depending on what the guy's intentions are, he could be trouble, especially if he teams up with Shannon. Whether they have the legal means to do so is another matter, but people like that don't care as long as they get their way.

Shannon I expect to see at the latest either at the end of the update in which Becca and Lilly move out or at the beginning of the following update.

Elduriel

Engaged Member
Donor
Mar 28, 2021
The showdown with Shannon will happen soon enough. The previous update, the last update and probably the next update focus on Frank's bonding with Becca and especially Lilly and Lilly's character development.

Shannon showing up here would have required Becca to screw up pretty badly, which would have been relatively unique in the plot so far (except for Beth and Vanessa finding a half-naked Becca and Frank in the sauna, but this didn't have any serious consequences due to a good relationship between the two and Frank - plus Beth got to see something she seemed to like).

There will probably be more drama when Frank and Abby confront Abby's biological father (we already know from the conversation with the lawyer that everything that happened to Jess is still a red rag for Frank and Abby won't have much love for her biological father either). Depending on what the guy's intentions are, he could be trouble, especially if he teams up with Shannon. Whether they have the legal means to do so is another matter, but people like that don't care as long as they get their way.

Shannon I expect to see at the latest either at the end of the update in which Becca and Lilly move out or at the beginning of the following update.
legally what the fuck can they do? Abby is adult, she can do whatever she wants... there is nothing to gain there really other than seeking out a potential relationship.

• Hey there
Reactions: cxx

MrLKX

Jan 12, 2021
legally what the fuck can they do? Abby is adult, she can do whatever she wants... there is nothing to gain there really other than seeking out a potential relationship.
Legally, they don't have an option, but that doesn't mean they can't still try to make Frank's life hell.

ccxvidonaferens

May 25, 2022
Legally, they don't have an option, but that doesn't mean they can't still try to make Frank's life hell.
Thats true. There's a saying where I come from that goes "never let the truth get in the way of a good story". I can see Shannon going along with that especially after her efforts in front of the Judge. There's another phrase that I would attribute to the late Terry Pratchett, though I don't know if it predates him, that goes "A lie can run around the world before the truth has got it's boots on". Basically people are more likely to believe a salacious lie than a boring truth. If Shannon get's vindictive it may not matter to anyone outside of Frank and his girls what the truth is and it could kill his business at the very least.

(Edited for punctuation and sentence structure.)

cxx

Message Maestro
Nov 14, 2017
Rule of drama?
well for starters unless she started working as call girl she couldn't afford to be there and secondly she wouldn't have any reason to go to that hotel since if she wants to bang some guy she can do it at her home since girls moved out.

Quaszog55

Oct 4, 2017
So, when MC was shopping for but plugs. What game cameo-ed jaye and mallory out? Their Art-style was too far off from the others...

Jace_Herondale

Apr 2, 2020
well for starters unless she started working as call girl she couldn't afford to be there and secondly she wouldn't have any reason to go to that hotel since if she wants to bang some guy she can do it at her home since girls moved out.
No, they didn't. They will move out on Thursday but until that they are pretending everything is fine.

NewTricks

Forum Fanatic
Nov 1, 2017
I still love that Lilith and Rebecca are planning on dipping on Shannon in the middle of the night like the Baltimore Colts. One of the drawbacks of Shannon's absence from the narrative is that we never get to see her reactions to shit like this. I really thought when the story started she would be there to provide friction, creative drama, and stir up shit but as near as I can tell she has been passed out drunk on the couch for three weeks straight. She probably isn't going to be relevant in the story until a hobo finds her bloated corpse next to the train tracks.

• Haha
Reactions: MickeyRat

Elhemeer

Forum Fanatic
Jun 20, 2022
I still love that Lilith and Rebecca are planning on dipping on Shannon in the middle of the night like the Baltimore Colts. One of the drawbacks of Shannon's absence from the narrative is that we never get to see her reactions to shit like this. I really thought when the story started she would be there to provide friction, creative drama, and stir up shit but as near as I can tell she has been passed out drunk on the couch for three weeks straight. She probably isn't going to be relevant in the story until a hobo finds her bloated corpse next to the train tracks.
Middle of the day while she's at work, but same result.

MrLKX

Jan 12, 2021
I would be very surprised if Shannon had no role in the plot.

That we haven't seen her again so far is because we only see the plot from the protagonists' point of view (Frank's point of view in the core story, Lilly in Lilith's Longing, and Abby and Becca in their side stories). So it makes sense that we haven't seen her again. Why would Frank meet up with Shannon?

She will find out sooner or later that Lilly and Becca are gone. She knows that Lilly and Becca have a very close relationship with Abby and she knows where Frank and Abby live. So it's at least obvious to investigate that first.

She will hardly have any legal possibilities to make Frank's life difficult, but there are still enough options to ruin Frank's life by defamation. Even if Frank can then prove his innocence, the people who hear "Frank Shavell" will always think "Wasn't there something with that Shavell guy and his stepdaughters and his daughter? Something really shady?".

That being said, I seem to recall that somewhere in the walkthrough PDF it said that a selection will ensure that Abby will somehow confront Shannon. So there will be Shannon content again at some point, and since the core story is outside of the subplots in terms of queries and variables, we can be sure that none of it will have relevance to Abby's side story.

yltohawk

Mar 19, 2019
I would be very surprised if Shannon had no role in the plot.

That we haven't seen her again so far is because we only see the plot from the protagonists' point of view (Frank's point of view in the core story, Lilly in Lilith's Longing, and Abby and Becca in their side stories). So it makes sense that we haven't seen her again. Why would Frank meet up with Shannon?

She will find out sooner or later that Lilly and Becca are gone. She knows that Lilly and Becca have a very close relationship with Abby and she knows where Frank and Abby live. So it's at least obvious to investigate that first.

She will hardly have any legal possibilities to make Frank's life difficult, but there are still enough options to ruin Frank's life by defamation. Even if Frank can then prove his innocence, the people who hear "Frank Shavell" will always think "Wasn't there something with that Shavell guy and his stepdaughters and his daughter? Something really shady?".

That being said, I seem to recall that somewhere in the walkthrough PDF it said that a selection will ensure that Abby will somehow confront Shannon. So there will be Shannon content again at some point, and since the core story is outside of the subplots in terms of queries and variables, we can be sure that none of it will have relevance to Abby's side story.
You guy's are being too melodramatic. You must have been watching Mr. Rogers meets Stephen King. Look Shannon dose have a role in this already... She pays Alimony sshhwwiinngg. As for any future dealings she will have with Francis the talking mule it will no doubt be entertaining. I personally thing the girls will Anally tag team her with their Frank sized Dildos, then have her ass tattooed reading I was a teenage fag hag. and send her packing

MrLKX

Jan 12, 2021
You guy's are being too melodramatic. You must have been watching Mr. Rogers meets Stephen King. Look Shannon dose have a role in this already... She pays Alimony sshhwwiinngg. As for any future dealings she will have with Francis the talking mule it will no doubt be entertaining. I personally thing the girls will Anally tag team her with their Frank sized Dildos, then have her ass tattooed reading I was a teenage fag hag. and send her packing
This has nothing to do with being melodramatic but is simply my interpretation of Shannon's narcissistic personality.

We know that she is a person for whom it is important to be in control and that she bites into her resentment like a tick into its prey. Examples of this would be: Shannon thinks Frank had a daughter (Abby) with her hated enemy Jessica -> Develops a deep resentment towards Frank and Abby over time, which results in her affair with Trevor. Another example would be that she developed a dislike for Abby as she became more like her mother (Jess). That she was very clingy towards her father won't have helped either (it must have probably been like Jess snuggling up to Frank for Shannon). Mind you, something young Abby can't help, I don't think she even knew about the dislike Jess and Shannon had for each other.

At this point I have to give her credit for trying to be a good mother to Abby, but it didn't work out. And even though it's hard to let go of old hatreds, Abby is not responsible for it, and to me that's an indirect admission that Jess is the victor of this conflict, even if she's no longer alive. Especially by the fact that Shannon's daughters get along very well with Abby.

In terms of melodrama, I would like to throw in the accusations of abuse of the daughters against Frank during the divorce. We've already seen that she doesn't shy away from making baseless accusations, so what would stop her from trying to do something similar publicly? Even if Frank is cleared of the allegations, it will mean damage to Frank and ultimately that is Shannon's end game.

But I agree with you on the "teenage hag" thing, especially since she already had the face of her 39 year old self at 16. Which is kind of unsettling.

NewTricks

Forum Fanatic
Nov 1, 2017
This has nothing to do with being melodramatic but is simply my interpretation of Shannon's narcissistic personality.

We know that she is a person for whom it is important to be in control and that she bites into her resentment like a tick into its prey. Examples of this would be: Shannon thinks Frank had a daughter (Abby) with her hated enemy Jessica -> Develops a deep resentment towards Frank and Abby over time, which results in her affair with Trevor. Another example would be that she developed a dislike for Abby as she became more like her mother (Jess). That she was very clingy towards her father won't have helped either (it must have probably been like Jess snuggling up to Frank for Shannon). Mind you, something young Abby can't help, I don't think she even knew about the dislike Jess and Shannon had for each other.

At this point I have to give her credit for trying to be a good mother to Abby, but it didn't work out. And even though it's hard to let go of old hatreds, Abby is not responsible for it, and to me that's an indirect admission that Jess is the victor of this conflict, even if she's no longer alive. Especially by the fact that Shannon's daughters get along very well with Abby.

In terms of melodrama, I would like to throw in the accusations of abuse of the daughters against Frank during the divorce. We've already seen that she doesn't shy away from making baseless accusations, so what would stop her from trying to do something similar publicly? Even if Frank is cleared of the allegations, it will mean damage to Frank and ultimately that is Shannon's end game.

But I agree with you on the "teenage hag" thing, especially since she already had the face of her 39 year old self at 16. Which is kind of unsettling.
I think that the tattoo was supposed to indicate as a teenager that she was only friends with gay guys. Which isn't a sick burn or anything. Well, maybe against Francis.

LeoFL

Dec 27, 2022
my 2 cents - I think that with a bit editing this could be a five star game. Now its easily a 4. 1) anyone who is not a fan of "slow burn" - this is not the game for you. My issues are: while girls bodies look great both Becca and Lily look like a freaking barbie with those eyes. 2) too many fairy dreams 3) choices - not a lot of meaningful ones i mean this is almost a kinetic novel. 4) Frank as character i dont hate him as some here i like that he is conflicted. But even I was getting weary of OMG so much trouble dialogue - need to be toned down just a bit. 5) Finally - they got a house that is never really mentioned. I mean i guess they all move in to it at the end and live happily ever after but if you get a house that is worth 3 million ? I think it a future plot point but it needs to be handled better

3.90 star(s) 203 Votes