MrLKX

Jan 12, 2021
well as a AVN grown in popularity so will the people that interact/post on the forum , at some point the dev will have to at least limit interacting or it will take away development time.

Caibdis is still interacting whit his fans but its mainly on his discord ,where hes pretty active i'd say
Also its not a good thing for every dev to be proactively interacting whit as it might actually have a negative effect

Example being that a month or two back there was a leak for a VN and a Compressor posted the compressed who then got flak for being "responsible" for the leak...
clearly its a dev who is against the piracy side off f95 but blaming a compressor was just wrong ,more venting his anger then anything else

in the end there are tons off devs active in their threads looking for feedback ,explaining lore etc.
For the most part i've only seen it have positive effects whit a few outliners where they can't handle some feedback because its written bluntly
My personal impression is that the withdrawal of many devs from this site is more due to the general toxicity of large parts of the community. Even on VN, which generally gets a more positive response, there's often enough "Mimimi, when's the next update?", "5 months for a 1000 render update? Dev is milking people!!!". Here's another story: a dev whose thing is to tell a wholesome and relaxed story is regularly approached about the "lolis", all of whom are 18+. Among other things that have happened to him irl he finds this, understandably, tiresome and this is probably one of the reasons why he is less active. and similar stuff is something devs understandably don't want to have to deal with. And let's face it, if CNG were here, it would probably do more harm than good, as the chronically dissatisfied would never be satisfied anyway.

c3p0

Forum Fanatic
Respected User
Nov 20, 2017
And let's face it, if CNG were here, it would probably do more harm than good, as the chronically dissatisfied would never be satisfied anyway.
That part I fully agree with you. A dev, not only here, but here for sure, need to have a very thick skin. And I like the few devs here, who have this JSTFU against any of those whiners.

Last edited:
Reactions: Maviarab and HiHaHo

HiHaHo

Jan 2, 2023
My personal impression is that the withdrawal of many devs from this site is more due to the general toxicity of large parts of the community.
Even on VN, which generally gets a more positive response, there's often enough "Mimimi, when's the next update?", "5 months for a 1000 render update? Dev is milking people!!!".

Here's another story: a dev whose thing is to tell a wholesome and relaxed story is regularly approached about the "lolis", all of whom are 18+.
Among other things that have happened to him irl he finds this, understandably, tiresome and this is probably one of the reasons why he is less active. and similar stuff is something devs understandably don't want to have to deal with. And let's face it, if CNG were here, it would probably do more harm than good, as the chronically dissatisfied would never be satisfied anyway.
well i disagree that there is a general "toxicity" thing in the community i can see how some might see it like that but that isn't how i see it TBH

The VN community falls into the arts/entertainment part off the world ,which is based on the opinion of the consumer(s)
F95 is site where those people gather to share and discus about it, naturally people will disagree and clash over things ,and it being a internet site it will be harsher due to anonymity and all that.
I don't see it as toxic ,after all its just people sharing their opinion

Loli's are a touchy subject for some people because they see the body type closely resembling something off a child and well you can guess where im going whit that and why it would make some speak out against it
the Dev you mentioned probably made the right choice to just take a more distant approach here

anyway like c3p0 said you need more off a thick skin on forum whit alias's as a user and more so as dev indeed

Cartageno

Devoted Member
Dec 1, 2019
The VN community falls into the arts/entertainment part off the world ,which is based on the opinion of the consumer(s)
F95 is site where those people gather to share and discus about it, naturally people will disagree and clash over things ,and it being a internet site it will be harsher due to anonymity and all that.
I don't see it as toxic ,after all its just people sharing their opinion
Dunno. Voicing an opinion is fine of course, however it is still possible to do in a civilized way, and regarding the issue of taste itself and not the people having a certain taste, and especially when it comes to

Loli's are a touchy subject for some people because they see the body type closely resembling something off a child and well you can guess where im going whit that and why it would make some speak out against it
the Dev you mentioned probably made the right choice to just take a more distant approach here
certain kinks, and there certainly are those debated more fiercely than the one you mentioned, it pretty quickly breaks down, because there is a very vocal minority here who cannot stand any game that is not tailored to their specifications in this regard and will quickly start namecalling anybody who thinks otherwise.

HiHaHo

Jan 2, 2023
Dunno. Voicing an opinion is fine of course, however it is still possible to do in a civilised way.

regarding the issue of taste itself and not the people having a certain taste, and especially when it comes to certain kinks.
there certainly are those debated more fiercely than the one you mentioned, it pretty quickly breaks down,

because there is a very vocal minority here who cannot stand any game that is not tailored to their specifications in this regard and will quickly start name calling anybody who thinks otherwise.
while it certainly would be nice if everyone always discussed everything in civil manner i doubt that would happen
because what is and isn't civil is again based on the individual ,something i consider civil you might not, but even if you do the next person might not.
Its a slippery slope ,and can be hard to judge at times but in the in end its up to mods to decide what is and isn't acceptable

still for personal experience's it will come down to having thick skin or at least awareness that sometimes people aren't civil about things ,and they don't have to TBH ,some random stranger on the internet shouldn't have to adjust himself for others personal comfort in stating his opinion

HiHaHo

Jan 2, 2023
Saying "you need to have thick skin" is just making excuses for people who like being dicks. I, in fact, do not need thick skin - people can stay civil or go on the list. :)
i mean true, in sense being civil about things will make you and/or your opinion more "acceptable"
people do run the risk being crude/rude whit things off social backlash or simply being ignored which is why most people tend to be civil.
you'll always get the few outliners that simply don't care or understand

HiHaHo

Jan 2, 2023
Give it a little while longer when you been around here....
wdym? that in a few months ill change my mind and find f95 a toxic community?
i doubt that, i've had my fair share off shit posting about my opinions still here and no "list" because i find it entertaining to interact whit people whit different opinions and views

ccxvidonaferens

May 25, 2022
wdym? that in a few months ill change my mind and find f95 a toxic community?
i doubt that, i've had my fair share off shit posting about my opinions still here and no "list" because i find it entertaining to interact whit people whit different opinions and views
Not toxic as such. Just ground down by the repetitve, cyclical arguments and debates that never change and just go on and on and on and on ad nauseum, gradually grinding away whatever faith in humanity you had left... Or maybe that's just me.

HiHaHo

Jan 2, 2023
My experience has been quite otherwise. But I fear we've left the thread's topic far behind...
yeah were going super off topic :ROFLMAO: anyway surely a mod will clean it up sooner or later

so back on topic Vennesa/beth/MC threesome when?!

HiHaHo

Jan 2, 2023

Don't you mean foursome? with Becca.
ow right that was in the planning, or was it 2 duo? nessa/becca & MC/beth

(we've been so busy shiting on the MC i forgot that was even planned :ROFLMAO:)

Or here's one for you.

Given the events of the most recent update, who thinks the odds have been shortened that whenever Abby eventually gets Frank that her first encounter with him is going to be
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.
Abby seems to prudish whit a male partner for that to happen :ROFLMAO:
it will probably start pretty vanilla (when(if?) it eventually does happen)

ccxvidonaferens

May 25, 2022
ow right that was in the planning, or was it 2 duo? nessa/becca & MC/beth

(we've been so busy shiting on the MC i forgot that was even planned :ROFLMAO:)

Abby seems to prudish whit a male partner for that to happen :ROFLMAO:
it will probably start pretty vanilla (when(if?) it eventually does happen)
Maybe but they do say to beware the quiet ones. ;)

Cartageno

Devoted Member
Dec 1, 2019
some random stranger on the internet shouldn't have to adjust himself for others personal comfort in stating his opinion
I strongly disagree here. In my opinion it is best to err on the side of caution when interacting with others. Unless you want the whole net to become a screaming match. While there is no need to really bend your personality, cultures and people are different, and everybody should have it in them to first gauge a situation.

Also I think, but that is not supported by any facts I am aware of, that people who just wander around the net doing "what they do" without any thoughts of others, won't do any differently in real life if given the chance.

Either way, everybody always will be subject to the same rules they adhere by. So if I think somebody is misbehaving and that you shouldn't adjust to strangers, I may just call them a fucking asshole as well.

Or here's one for you.

Given the events of the most recent update, who thinks the odds have been shortened that whenever Abby eventually gets Frank that her first encounter with him is going to be
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.
I will take on any bets on that. I am confident that that will not be the case at all.

Reactions: Maviarab

ArDZer

Feb 20, 2019

Don't you mean foursome? with Becca.
That'd be a good scenario happening. At the same time, if the other 2 DPG members Lilly and Meiko give their approval to Beth's idea (since the other member Becca already did. Abby too), that could be a good opportunity to not only have a 4some but also to help Beth in fulfilling her task (and see if she surprises the protagonist with the news sometime later). :):)

3.90 star(s) 202 Votes