Jun 13, 2017
I'd agree that a more .... "complex" mode would be interesting, but maybe it would also require a more complex control scheme or a more dynamic character (poor nun is slow almost by design).

After finishing the new areas, I'm still.... I don't know how to put it, puzzled? There's an enormous amount of work put behind this, with some enemies appearing just in a single stage having detailed animations and inflicting specific defeat vignettes. So much detail, so well made.

Also, the theme. It's almost too well done as a horror game to work well as erotica bar for people with extremely specialized tastes, I guess. Some of the endings are pure Dario Argento material.

Jun 13, 2017
I'm going to regret Googling the name, am I?
Not particularly! He's an oldass horror director from the 70ies-80ies. He had a peculiar style, one can say that he was quite the inspiration for younger American horror film makers and even a lateral inspiration for many Japs (greatest example the Clock Tower game).

I'm not entirely sure his works would keep up for a contemporary audience, tho. People usually recommend Suspiria as a starting point. Of course, Sinisistar is far more blatant and fantasy-themed, but the cult/mindcontrol/chopping thing reminded me a bit of his works.

MTCF

Aug 31, 2017
After finishing the new areas, I'm still.... I don't know how to put it, puzzled? There's an enormous amount of work put behind this, with some enemies appearing just in a single stage having detailed animations and inflicting specific defeat vignettes. So much detail, so well made.
I have to agree, the dev does really great job on all the pixel designs and animations, but as you said, just for that one enemy to appear 1 time? a little bit sad..

I think the most enemies that appear are the zombies and spiders (Even the faceless ones)

MTCF

Aug 31, 2017
Didn't the dev said that he would be doing a video of the scene with the normal pig instead of adding it to the game?

Looks like there was a small update
Yeah apparently one boss got a picture/scene

Last edited:

GELOXIII

Aug 12, 2017
fun game, its STILL getting updates? nice
The next update is their last one for Sinisistar. It is said to be a laboratory stage. And just like the livestock stage, this one is also a part of another main story stage which is the cathedral. After that, it's time for them to take a break.

But I am more curious at their next project that was stated in their current post. I honestly wished it was a sequel with higher detailed sprites and a new place for Rabiane to investigate. Whatever the case maybe, I am looking forward to what they have in store after this. They made a well polished game that is not just a huge jerk fest, but a game that is so well done that it doesn't need to be hentai.

Kaithera

Apr 27, 2018
I like the art style but monster is not my cup of tea. Still a good hour or two of gameplay though.

coomjimbo92

May 17, 2020
Anybody got any suggestions to a similar game? This game has an incredible mix of actual good gameplay and along with other things.

Oct 12, 2017
So anyone got the 2.03 update? It's kinda small update though, adding standing CG for hive worm boss and animation as well as CG for pig last boss.

Mazoq

Mar 7, 2019
They made a well polished game that is not just a huge jerk fest, but a game that is so well done that it doesn't need to be hentai.
Absolutely. This dev's pixel art is top notch. I was stunned the first time I saw the overworld/map, it looks like something straight from Bloodborne. I would play a non-hentai game by this dev. With gameplay a bit more complex than what we have in Sinisistar I can see them making an awesome Castlevania-like game.

moreheat

May 27, 2020
Cheers for update, I won't bother uploading v2.0.2 yet unless anyone really needs me to as it's only small bugfixes.
Completely understandable but with the release of 2.03 is it now on the table? Since there's (slightly) more content lol

GELOXIII

Aug 12, 2017
Completely understandable but with the release of 2.03 is it now on the table? Since there's (slightly) more content lol
I completely agree. No matter what was added/fixed, it is best to get the most optimal version of the game. It's not that we'll break the game or anything(even though the chances of us finding a bug or glitch is highly unlikely), but it helps them find more errors in their work. Surely it will make their lives hell, but these people are doing the best they can to give us the most out of this game. And this circle isn't holding back on opinions and feedbacks.

4.30 star(s) 63 Votes