VN Ren'Py Abandoned Sins Of My Parents [v0.01] [Pπ]

3.50 star(s) 2 Votes

MisterZone

Jan 21, 2020
The artist does not look very motivated. Supposedly the game would be released in late January or early February, he had also made a schedule for the game. Then he had a problem with the PC or his program, which he later could solve. It's a real shame that it ended up like this. I loved the game, I also followed it on patreon with the maximum membership for a while, after playing the first chapter. I just hope that he comes back
We hope so...

Bolero

Jan 20, 2018
Hope so too. I visit this thread every 3 - 4 days and no news or comments, so i wanted to comment on it 2 days ago and ask if he is still alive and working on it, but i did not.
The theme of the game, the renders and mom and daughter are hot, those are the reasons i like the game. So many good games lately went into the abandoned or on hold category, hope this one gets revived by the developer.

yunmaster

Aug 29, 2017
Most developers delude themselves that if they show the prologue, they will receive enormous support. But supporters are not stupid.
I am not criticising the developer.
I'm not surprised because this happens a lot.
I hope my prediction is wrong. And I hope it goes well.

Reactions: oda29 and dregon87

oda29

Feb 3, 2019
I would like P_π at least to post his latest update before retiring. He released a preview update in April on what he was working on. I loved the story of some rich beautiful women fucking homeless beggars in a consensual way. It's something you don't see very often. I look in many places but I can't find a similar game. If he had continued to publish regularly, his income on patreon would surely have gone up, his quality and the design of the characters were perfect. The story could improve with time, before throwing in the towel.

Candy1970

Jan 14, 2018
its usually a dead give away when a brand new dev comes out of the blue , pops what can barely be called a game intro ...and instantly starts a donation page ......worse is they leave a trail of unfinished games in their wake ..constantly abandoning or placing them on indefinite hold ...til the donations drop off ...then here comes another barely an intro game .or rehash with no new content ..rinse repeat

Slappy Kinkaid

Game Developer
Apr 14, 2018
its usually a dead give away when a brand new dev comes out of the blue , pops what can barely be called a game intro ...and instantly starts a donation page ......worse is they leave a trail of unfinished games in their wake ..constantly abandoning or placing them on indefinite hold ...til the donations drop off ...then here comes another barely an intro game .or rehash with no new content ..rinse repeat
This is why I personally don't see any issue with aspiring creators coming along & finishing abondoned games like this for practice, or just for the sake of finishing it. Sure, it's the original creator's IP, & yes, I do typically argue in defense of creators, especially given all the flak they get from pirates like us that often contribute nothing to their hard work, aside from criticism & demands & Yes, I have argued in the past that supporting a creator on Patreon does not entitle the supporters to a finished game, as they are DONORS offering SUPPORT to an artist, much like people whom toss change into a busker's / street musician's open guitar case, or like investors, where that investment buys them the corresponding patreon perks, not customers buying a finished product. & I still stand by that.

That said, there is a clear difference between a genuine creator that is passionate about their art, or is at least dedicated enough to make sure that they produce something that their supporters would like, vs a clueless hack that see's slapping together a 0.1 or 0.2 build as a get rich quick scheme. I mean if they have been working at it for a long time & eventually abandon it because they just can't do it anymore, (Health issues, life obligations, family, etc...), then that's fair & there are obviously higher priorities. That said, if it were ME in that spot, I'd finish writing out the story, maybe finish coding it & find someone else to turn the project over to for them to complete & they can keep whatever money it makes from there, because I feel I'd owe it to the fans.

That said, someone just starting a game, monetizing it & then deciding whether they continue based on if it's profitable enough for their liking is not only, in my view, an unfair tease for any fans that game does generate, but also reflects poorly on the creators in this community as a whole & harms them. If creator A, B & C are get rich hacks that decide to pull a pump & dump on a barely started game, it makes it harder for genuine creators X, Y & Z to get support because the community is spooked that those creators will do the same. & if creators D, E & F were genuine creators that had to abandon their game because D died, E's home was destroyed in a natural disaster & all F's time outside work is occupied with urgent family matters, they get dogpiled with "Hez a scammur" nonsense that A, B & C legitimately get because of the antics of those hacks. & that's unfair to them too.

So, having said all that, if someone wants to come along & hijack the incomplete projects that these hacks start, I enthusiastically say go for it because A, the damage these Hacks do to other honest creators doesn't warrant any sympathy or respect, B, Almost ALL of these hacks are too broke to afford a lawyer to begin with, let alone take any substantial action, Plus if they were stupid enough to think they'd be raking in the cash from a 0.1, they would also be stupid enough not to think ahead &7 register their copyright or trademark their IP, which means that it likely falls under public domain anyway, & C, the rare few that CAN afford to take legal action wouldn't care because the cost of fighting an international lawsuit of that magnitude, in money, time & work, (plus the cost to even identify the person taking over the game in the first place), would be insanely astronomical, (as in tens to hundreds of thousands of dollars). At which point, they'd have to be rich enough to not need any money from the game, so If they cared enough to carry out THAT fight, they would have finished the game.

Reactions: Candy1970

EverSeven

Jul 13, 2017
i really enjoyed this and the earlier "in the game" both had a different albeit pretty usual fetish but hey if you don't like it move on i guess, anyway i like to play around with images and add my own little story so here you go, line me up for the Pulitzer prize :D

oda29

Feb 3, 2019
i really enjoyed this and the earlier "in the game" both had a different albeit pretty usual fetish but hey if you don't like it move on i guess, anyway i like to play around with images and add my own little story so here you go, line me up for the Pulitzer prize :D
I'm going to die without knowing what happened next. I followed this story even on patreon until the author left it

NoBrainTrust

Jun 16, 2017
You mean with "info" that he posts a number like "Progress 30%" ... "Progress 75%" and then complains about aging and RL stuff and stops posting magical numbers which aren't backed up by anything...sure it is information...

Pogo123

Engaged Member
Mar 25, 2019
so sad this game didn't get updated anymore and stopped... i still wonder why and what happened. really sad cause it really had potential and the kinks and women were to my liking.

3.50 star(s) 2 Votes