johnelros

Apr 10, 2018

Hey folks
I have been putting this message off for a while now, hoping that I was not fighting a losing battle … but as it has turned out, I am.
As you know I struggle with backpain and am on an unhealthy dose of Oxycodone and Codein. I have been trying to cut down on those for the past months, but I keep on relapsing. It has now reached a point where I cannot handle my life anymore. Luckily, my family saw that and decided to intervene.
I am scheduled for entering a rehab facility come Monday where they will help me get off my medication – I hope.
This means that I am going away for at least 16 weeks. If I am not clean by then, my doctor has promised to make another 16 weeks available to me and in the extreme event that I need more time, he has not been averse to that thought either.
What does this mean for the project? It basically means that it is on hold until I am clean. How long that will take, we will have to see. I am only bringing my e-book reader, laptop, phone and some clothes for the duration of my stay.
I hope that I will be able to write at some point and thus work on the project to some extent, but I think my focus will be on other things for quite a while.
I did begin working on a walkthrough for the project and maybe I can fiddle with that as it doesn’t really require me to do any serious thinking – we will see.
Some people will probably say that the project is dead and all that, but it is not. It is merely on hold.
Stay safe everybody and I hope that you will stick around. And please accept my apologies for not really keeping you in the loop about what has been going on lately.
Cheers - Kaffekop

Kaffekop

Game Developer
Jul 23, 2017
Hey guys

I am not dead, although it has felt like that for a long time now.
I need help and I have been to proud to ask for it ... or embarrassed? I am not sure.

There is not really a whole lot to add to my news flash for now, but I will try to keep you better informed over the next many weeks.

Cheers - Kaffekop

DA22

Devoted Member
Jan 10, 2018
Hey guys

I need help and I have been to proud to ask for it ... or embarrassed? I am not sure.

There is not really a whole lot to add to my news flash for now, but I will try to keep you better informed over the next many weeks.

Cheers - Kaffekop
Good luck, that path you are now threading on is not an easy one and may also force you to deal with issues you never wanted to that may have made you susceptible to end where you are now. If that centre also works on revalidation for chronic pain issues, ask them about that as well. They may well be able to help you deal with that better as well.

Reactions: Kaffekop

HornyyPussy

Message Maven
Apr 26, 2020
Hey guys

Cheers - Kaffekop
You just make sure that you get better, the rest is secondary! IF you feel you can get back to working on the game AFTER you are better we will be waiting for you with open arms!!

Stay safe and get healthy!!!

Mikey Mike

Engaged Member
Feb 18, 2018
Hey guys

Cheers - Kaffekop
Thanks for the update, and good luck! ;)

Hellkinglucifer

Apr 29, 2020
Hey guys

Cheers - Kaffekop
You just make sure that you get better, the rest is secondary! IF you feel you can get back to working on the game AFTER you are better we will be waiting for you with open arms!!

Stay safe and get healthy!!!
Stay safe, clean and get healthy or we will find you and kick your ass into being sober

keefer43

Dec 24, 2019
Hey guys

Cheers - Kaffekop
OK - you are on the road to recovery - it just takes forever, but you can only take it one step at time anyways. Good luck poopy pants.

bobbo69

Engaged Member
Donor
Jun 18, 2017
It takes quite a man to admit he's got a problem, well, you're on the right track Kaffekop, you've just made the first step to recovery, we'll be with you for the whole process, take care and don't be shy if you need any advise ;)

holymoly35cb

Mar 31, 2019
Hey guys

Cheers - Kaffekop
Never feel embarrassed because you asked for help. Glad your family saw what was going on and intervened before it got too late. Your health comes first and foremost.

Jimayo

Jan 1, 2018
Hey guys

Cheers - Kaffekop
You shouldn't be embarrassed to ask for help. Everyone needs a helping hand sometimes. Life can be way too fucking hard at times. Good for you for getting the help you need.

lordofhirunds

Jul 25, 2017
Asking for help requires courage and does not create embarrassment, you had courage and now our wish is to see you healthy and fully recovered, know that we are waiting for you with open arms, because for all of us you are not the "game developer" but you are our brotherly friend Kaffekop.
Best wishes for you

walker188

Apr 30, 2017
Hey guys

Cheers - Kaffekop
Just get better. The game is great, but its just a game. I'd trade it away gladly for you to get a little better.

Aweful

Jan 11, 2020
Back pain?! I've been suffering from back pain, among other things, since 2007 when I threw out my back during my first deployment. Even after that, I found ways to keep the pain down and continued on to become a paratrooper. Did that for over 6 years. It's just me, when it comes to things like this, and I'll never understand how people can't handle their problems without taking the easy way out.

Anyways... I hope he can figure his -ish out cause I, among many others, want more of this title.

HornyyPussy

Message Maven
Apr 26, 2020
Back pain?! I've been suffering from back pain, among other things, since 2007 when I threw out my back during my first deployment. Even after that, I found ways to keep the pain down and continued on to become a paratrooper. Did that for over 6 years. It's just me, when it comes to things like this, and I'll never understand how people can't handle their problems without taking the easy way out.

Anyways... I hope he can figure his -ish out cause I, among many others, want more of this title.
are you being dense on purpose, the guy just admitted to being addicted to painkillers and is going to rehab. how the hell does that compare to your situation?

Jimayo

Jan 1, 2018
you do realize that you come of as an entitled jerk here, don't you?
No shit. "My back pain isn't that bad so no else's is either." That's why my step dad has to take a trip to toronto every 2 weeks for a cocktail of painkillers, muscle relaxers and nerve dampeners. Cause it cannot possibly be worse than the dude with the terribly appropriate username's back pain. The doctor's must just be fucking with him.

Cartageno

Devoted Member
Dec 1, 2019

(a) Back pain and painkiller addiction are two different beasts. The latter may have been caused by the former but is something else entirely.
(b) Your pain and somebody elses pain don't have to be the same. At all.
(c) When you have recurrent pain, it is mostly not only a hindrance which should be overcome mentally, usually there is something wrong in your body only getting worse if you ignore it (e. g. intervertebral disc out of alignment). Go see a doctor, just "being tough" will be unenjoyable in the long run.

HornyyPussy

Message Maven
Apr 26, 2020
No shit. "My back pain isn't that bad so no else's is either." That's why my step dad has to take a trip to toronto every 2 weeks for a cocktail of painkillers, muscle relaxers and nerve dampeners. Cause it cannot possibly be worse than the dude with the terribly appropriate username's back pain. The doctor's must just be fucking with him.
(a) Back pain and painkiller addiction are two different beasts. The latter may have been caused by the former but is something else entirely.
(b) Your pain and somebody elses pain don't have to be the same. At all.
(c) When you have recurrent pain, it is mostly not only a hindrance which should be overcome mentally, usually there is something wrong in your body only getting worse if you ignore it (e. g. intervertebral disc out of alignment). Go see a doctor, just "being tough" will be unenjoyable in the long run.
You are both equating him with an actual human being....

Reactions: Larry2000
4.10 star(s) 66 Votes