K9

May 28, 2017
I've been trying out different paths through the game, and I've noticed that sometimes I was allowed to offer to stay at work and help Abigail with the boxes, and other times I would only suggest that she leave them until the next day so that I could help her then. Obviously, I wanted to help her out, but I was confused as to why I usually wasn't given the choice.

It turns out that it depends on whether or not you choose to visit Marsha when she calls you. If you decline her offer in order to stay at home and focus on your work, then you will have free time to help out Abigail the next day. So now it looks like my two favourite women in the game are on conflicting paths.
I used to have the paths for secondary characters included in the walkthrough, with their synergy and conflicts with other paths, but I removed them, because you can work them out from the paths I indicated without difficulty and so I judged them superfluous. They bloated the file, so I took them out.

Guess I was wrong. I've put them back.

Walkthrough updated.

supermanz95

Aug 7, 2016
You meeting your father butt naked in an open field next to a single tree, had to be the most profound and aesthetic father-son moment ever to be created on any entertainment medium.

Also Nat best girl.

Reactions: Draakaap23

maer334

May 26, 2019
Can you also post the nsfw post please? im completely new here and i love this game. Kaffekop is amazing. would open a patreon and pledge but im broke currently. i love Abby too!!!

SFW Wallpaper May 2019
Following the theme of the day.
Can be downloaded here:

Cheers - Kaffekop

Reactions: D Dog

Master of Puppets

Conversation Conqueror
Oct 5, 2017
No way that's in game. If Kaffekop wants to add this in next update, we won't object. :p
I'm pretty sure it is in the game. It doesn't actually happen, but it's in the game. It's the Son fantasising about Jo when he jerks off in the morning, I believe.

Kaffekop

Game Developer
Jul 23, 2017
I'm pretty sure it is in the game. It doesn't actually happen, but it's in the game. It's the Son fantasising about Jo when he jerks off in the morning, I believe.
Indeed it is.
Don't go hunting for it just yet, as version 0.6.1 will soon be released with quite a few fixes and it will require a new playthrough as some of the fixes are to the functions that weren't doing what they were supposed to do. Sorry for the inconvenience in advance.

Cheers - Kaffekop

Kaffekop

Game Developer
Jul 23, 2017
You kidding, right? o_O
Sadly no :cry:
When I got help from the resident gods of Python/Ren'py last year, before I went belly up, I wasn't good enough in explaining what I wanted the functions to do. It was by sheer coincidence that I discovered that they didn't work as intended and luckily they were very patient with me when I prayed to them yet again.
This time however, we nailed the functions so they work as intended!
This means, it's the last time you should have to replay the whole thing - I hope ;)

We are currently tweaking and testing to make sure we haven't fucked other stuff up in the process.

Remember that "Tab" and "Ctrl" are your friends when running through it again.

Cheers - Kaffekop

Master of Puppets

Conversation Conqueror
Oct 5, 2017
Having to start a new game sucks (especially if you started a new game last update because it had been a while and you forgot what was going on, but I digress...), but at least it's not a regular thing. I've played games that require a new save every time there's a new update, at least you're not doing that to us. So long as you're trying to make saves compatible with new versions I have no big complaints. I am curious what the functions in question are though, since the game strikes me as a pretty standard VN in format that I wouldn't expect to see much back-end code for.

Also, I forget, did I already post this screen?
Screenshot from 2019-05-22 02-34-46.png
You can see from the text this is at the end when Mom walks in on you, but the image is from earlier in the scene.

Kaffekop

Game Developer
Jul 23, 2017
Having to start a new game sucks (especially if you started a new game last update because it had been a while and you forgot what was going on, but I digress...), but at least it's not a regular thing. I've played games that require a new save every time there's a new update, at least you're not doing that to us. So long as you're trying to make saves compatible with new versions I have no big complaints. I am curious what the functions in question are though, since the game strikes me as a pretty standard VN in format that I wouldn't expect to see much back-end code for.

Also, I forget, did I already post this screen?
View attachment 311787
You can see from the text this is at the end when Mom walks in on you, but the image is from earlier in the scene.
Thanks for catching that one. Sometimes the most obvious things elude us ;)
I'm quite sure that even with the time spent on making this "hotfix" there will still be some issues to be found, but hopefully not in the coding so that you can stop doing the whole "replay-yet-again" thing.

I wated a few functions to keep track of and display the variables for: Corruption, Energy, Focus and Prowess. They should also make sure that the numbers never went below zero when being calculated and displayed. At the same time I wanted to instill a maximum the player can reach when it comes to both Prowess and Focus.
It should also make it easier in conditional statements of which I have quite a few given the complexity of the story.

At some point a gallery will be added and maybe a "diary" function where you can follow the story along in bullet-points or some such. Maybe even a screen where more info about the people around you can be found, but the jury is still out on this.

Cheers - Kaffekop

Master of Puppets

Conversation Conqueror
Oct 5, 2017
At some point a gallery will be added and maybe a "diary" function where you can follow the story along in bullet-points or some such. Maybe even a screen where more info about the people around you can be found, but the jury is still out on this.
A "Story so far" would be a great idea, I'm imagining just one or two image + captions per scene so you know what happened and what choices you made up to the current point. I'm surprised the idea hasn't taken off more in both mainstream and erotic games; it worked so well when Arkham Asylum, I think it was, did one. People are going to take breaks from a game, and forget what was happening.

Reactions: Kaffekop

johnelros

Apr 10, 2018

Version 0.6.1 hotfix!
Heya guys and gals
Well, the term hotfix is perhaps a stretch, but we'll stick with it for now. After 0.6 was released we found a few bugs and also discovered that the functions added back in 0.5 didn't do what they were supposed to do. So we decided to do some heavy lifting before 0.7 and fix it - and here we are.
The changelog for 0.6.1:
  • Corrected some functions as they were not doing what they were supposed to do. Now Energy, Corruption, Focus and Prowess work as intended - I hope ;-)
  • Added two additional functions to properly keep track of Trust and Lust.
  • Removed a scene from the very first day which had evaded our attention. The MC doesn't need to shower twice!
  • Fixed Mary suddenly going topless right before the big reveal, when Jo hadn't persuaded her to go topless earlier. Shouldn't happen again.
  • Added a choice to pursue Jocelyn in a relationship even if she was not taken advantage of the night she was drunk (should have been there in the first place - wasn't. Don't know what happened).
  • Fixed a lot of dialogue and typo's throughout the project.
  • Changed a scene were Jo suddenly stands naked in your room and want's to sleep with you.
  • Fiddled with the various variables and added a few more to control the flow better.
  • Fixed Nat's path: She was coming home with the MC too easy on her path. Now she can return home with the MC, but it's not automatic just because you're on her path.
  • Fixed the banging of Eveline. Now both Marsha and Jo can make that happen (You have to give in to Jo when she comes home drunk). This way you don't require Marsha for a good banging at Eveline's.
With all of these changes especially the functions now working as intended, a new playthrough is required to not fuck up the saves! Remember that "Tab" & "Ctrl" are your friends in these instances. Sorry for the inconvenience and hopefully this should be the last time (I think I've said that before, haven't I?) - bad developer ... bad developer!
Links to version 0.6.1:

You all have a good one and thank you for playing.

Cheers - Kaffekop

johnelros

Apr 10, 2018
Kaffekop, I'd like to correct you a bit: there's no win64 Ren'py versions.
It's from :
With no configuration, Ren'Py is able to build the following kinds of packages:

PC: Windows and Linux
A zip file targeting Windows x86, Linux x86, and Linux x86_64.

Linux x86/x86_64
A tar.bz2 file targeting Linux x86 and Linux x86_64.

Macintosh x86_64
A zip file containing a Macintosh application targeting Macintosh OS X on Intel processors. Game data will be included inside the application, which appears to the user as a single file.

Windows x86
A zip file targeting Windows x86.

Windows, Mac, and Linux for Markets
A distribution that contains the information required to run on software markets like itch.io and Steam. This isn't meant to be run directly (and probably won't work on the Mac), but should be fed to the app store upload process.

4.10 star(s) 66 Votes