yoyomistro

Engaged Member
Jan 15, 2017
Hi, and sorry for missing your question. It got lost in the haze, I guess.
Well, the _64 version was already here, so I'm all good with sharing myself as it tends to end up here anyways, but I feel like stabbing my Patreon supporters in the back, by giving out anything they pay for, myself. I hope that you can understand the reasoning behind that.
There is always a _32 version, but you'll have to nudge the uploaders about that one.

@Twistty You might want to add an "on hold" to the thread, because:

0.03 has proven to be a lot more buggy, than anticipated. Especially the long saving times and resulting crashes, have been a pain. It turns out, that it was linked to the music, that I added, so I have been forced to remove the music from the game.
The engine also proves to be a pain to work with, when it comes to complex choices and branching, and takes up too much of my time to make them happen. I have therefore decided to halt production of Sins of the father, until I have ported the whole project to a different engine, that better meets my needs.
How long it takes is beyond me at this point. I hope to have this up and running again sometime in April, but you never know how things turn out.
To those of you who want to play the latest version, where saving should be fixed and a few other things (check the changelog) it can be found
This is the last version that I will make available anywhere until the porting has been done.
And you probably should start out by deleting all saves before you begin playing again, just to make sure that some residual save issues.

Have a good one, and thanks again for playing.

Cheers - Kaffekop
Thanks for your constant engagement on these forums, and I wish you best of luck in porting the game. I hope you can find someway to port it to Ren'Py, because engines like Unity and Tyranobuilder basically render images as textures as opposed to just calling the images like Ren'Py does, making everything consume much more resources than it needs to. I understand the downside of Ren'Py is having to learn more as far as coding and other things on the technical side, but I believe the upside of more people being able to run it on their crappier computers is worth it, and hopefully that brings more money your way despite the fact that most people want stuff for free anyway.

Dilettante

Jun 6, 2017
I understand the downside of Ren'Py is having to learn more as far as coding and other things on the technical side, but I believe the upside of more people being able to run it on their crappier computers is worth it, and hopefully that brings more money your way despite the fact that most people want stuff for free anyway.
For example, i use my pc mainly for work and reading, like visual novels. Not for 3D gaming as it is. That's a problem, when you sometimes see visual novel from patreon and can't even run it just because of engine. Japanese ones don't have this problem. Unity and Tyrano is definitely not the worst culprits though. With Ren'py, that's the occasion when more coding work brings much more enjoyment to audience.
And just my opinion on the last matter. Even though many on this forum may use everything for free for various reasons, some of us do donate if we can afford it. Since, many just can't afford to donate at all to their favourite dev. Not because they're just pirates. I'm patron of more than ten great creators right now. And would've support much more those who really deserve it. I wouldn't say that most people just want stuff for free. This particular dev already has 64 patrons despite his game being pretty much new.

Kaffekop

Game Developer
Jul 23, 2017
Hi
Busy week with getting to know the new vn engine and working on another UI for my project, and some rewriting of the previous releases. A slow week though, with only a bare minimum of rendering done.
Will look into the loading of images. Sounds like there is a mistake somewhere if it loads images as textures... I would think it shouldn't do that.

Cheers - Kaffekop

Katgza

Nov 4, 2016
Hi
Busy week with getting to know the new vn engine and working on another UI for my project, and some rewriting of the previous releases. A slow week though, with only a bare minimum of rendering done.
Will look into the loading of images. Sounds like there is a mistake somewhere if it loads images as textures... I would think it shouldn't do that.

Cheers - Kaffekop
Wish you the best.

yoyomistro

Engaged Member
Jan 15, 2017
Hi

Cheers - Kaffekop
Thanks for the update. Are you still waiting for Blox or you went with something else?

Paradine

Aug 6, 2017
I got a "little" problem with this game. How is it possible that laptop [CPU 4x2,4GHz and 4 GB RAM] just gets frozen when I turn on this game and I need to restart it? It's really weird for me. I already played unity games on my laptop [BB and MotH] with no problems and I can't even turn on properly this game on the lowest options [pic;fastes 320x300 screen]
Insufficient RAM

bartleby

Jun 11, 2017
The game takes over a minute to save once you get past the first day. Most of the time, I can get one save to go through, and the game locks up on the next attempt, forcing me to exit the program and play from my last successful save. This is incredibly frustrating.

That said... I have completed multiple playthroughs now in spite of the technical issues. I think that my willingness to endure the frustrating issues with saving speaks volumes about my overall feelings concerning the game.

Kaffekop, sir... you already have something special here, and if it continues to develop as it appears you want it to, it has the potential to be one of the best adult games on the market.

On the surface, there is a situation that looks like your typical "guy living in house with mom and two hot sisters" that has been done dozens of times before. What you have that most of those games lack is a genuinely compelling story backed with top-notch (for the adult game industry) writing and well-developed characters. I'm not talking about specifics here (like exactly which drug Nat was addicted to) so much as the fact that it is obvious to me that you have well-developed outlines for the personalities of all of the characters. Sometimes when you play a game in this genre, you run into a character that might as well be wearing a sign that says "just here for the sex." This isn't even a bad thing in all cases - different games need different types of characters. In Sins of the Father, every character feels distinct from the others, and all of them feel like they contain depth that we have only started to scratch the surface of. In short, you writing is very good, and has turned what would be a forgettable game into something truly intriguing.

However, it isn't just the writing that is good in Sins. Your renders are excellent. While all of your models are, in some way or another, sexy, they are also distinct. Mary actually looks like a 40-something woman. She's very attractive, but not unbelievably so. The same can be said of the other girls around town. Perhaps best of all, there is variety.

I was also a fan of the sex scene in the game and how realistically it was handled. For me, the realism of the scene made it much hotter. Far too many games give their protagonists dicks the size of fire extinguishers only to have all of the female characters in the game completely ignore them other than perhaps being turned on by seeing them. Seeing a character that seems to be a very experienced cougar struggle with handling Mack's equipment made me want to should "IT'S ABOUT FUCKING TIME!" at my monitor.

Obviously, you are well aware of the technical issues that currently plague your game, and I fully support your decision to move the game to a platform that works better for you. I am actually more sympathetic than you might think, as I have been considering making my own game for about a year now and have been reluctant to do so due to my lack of experience with DAZ and coding. In fact, your own struggles with Unity have just about convinced me that I need to bite the bullet and spend a few weeks learning Renpy (I had been debating on using Unity vs. using Renpy).

I hope you don't lose faith in this project because of your technical struggles. The world needs more games like this one (or like what this one has the potential to become) and more good writers with good stories to share.

a1fox3

Loving Family Member's
Donor
Respected User
Aug 8, 2017
The game takes over a minute to save once you get past the first day. Most of the time, I can get one save to go through, and the game locks up on the next attempt, forcing me to exit the program and play from my last successful save. This is incredibly frustrating.

That said... I have completed multiple playthroughs now in spite of the technical issues. I think that my willingness to endure the frustrating issues with saving speaks volumes about my overall feelings concerning the game.

Kaffekop, sir... you already have something special here, and if it continues to develop as it appears you want it to, it has the potential to be one of the best adult games on the market.

On the surface, there is a situation that looks like your typical "guy living in house with mom and two hot sisters" that has been done dozens of times before. What you have that most of those games lack is a genuinely compelling story backed with top-notch (for the adult game industry) writing and well-developed characters. I'm not talking about specifics here (like exactly which drug Nat was addicted to) so much as the fact that it is obvious to me that you have well-developed outlines for the personalities of all of the characters. Sometimes when you play a game in this genre, you run into a character that might as well be wearing a sign that says "just here for the sex." This isn't even a bad thing in all cases - different games need different types of characters. In Sins of the Father, every character feels distinct from the others, and all of them feel like they contain depth that we have only started to scratch the surface of. In short, you writing is very good, and has turned what would be a forgettable game into something truly intriguing.

However, it isn't just the writing that is good in Sins. Your renders are excellent. While all of your models are, in some way or another, sexy, they are also distinct. Mary actually looks like a 40-something woman. She's very attractive, but not unbelievably so. The same can be said of the other girls around town. Perhaps best of all, there is variety.

I was also a fan of the sex scene in the game and how realistically it was handled. For me, the realism of the scene made it much hotter. Far too many games give their protagonists dicks the size of fire extinguishers only to have all of the female characters in the game completely ignore them other than perhaps being turned on by seeing them. Seeing a character that seems to be a very experienced cougar struggle with handling Mack's equipment made me want to should "IT'S ABOUT FUCKING TIME!" at my monitor.

Obviously, you are well aware of the technical issues that currently plague your game, and I fully support your decision to move the game to a platform that works better for you. I am actually more sympathetic than you might think, as I have been considering making my own game for about a year now and have been reluctant to do so due to my lack of experience with DAZ and coding. In fact, your own struggles with Unity have just about convinced me that I need to bite the bullet and spend a few weeks learning Renpy (I had been debating on using Unity vs. using Renpy).

I hope you don't lose faith in this project because of your technical struggles. The world needs more games like this one (or like what this one has the potential to become) and more good writers with good stories to share.
I am sorry you are having problems but I start the game play through with saving in sec's and reload in sec's without any problems at all, either you are having computer problems, software problems or anti virus program problems.
But I can tell you its not this game.

Reactions: N7

deejay12

May 4, 2017

I think he’s converting it over to ren’py because unity have higher requirements so those with low end PCs have a hard time running the game. That’s y you are experiencing issues.

Aprilsun

Oct 15, 2017
The game have Lesbian sex/lesbian incest?

Edit.: the tag doesn't say it but i prefer ask :p
I think there might be some lesbian action between little sis and the twins in the future. You hear she has the hots for them atleast.

Kaffekop

Game Developer
Jul 23, 2017
Hi there.
It has been a while and I've kept myself busy with learning the new asset I'm going to use. To say that it has been problematic would be an understatement. My mind has been on the verge of blowing up a few times, but now I have finally gotten to understand the intricacies behind it all ... well ... some of it ... the important ones ... for me, that is.

I'll begin the actual porting of images and dialogues after the Easter holidays. I've also done some rewriting of the story, nothing major, but enough to give Mack more personality and to better show of his struggles with his growing desires.

The game is still going to be made in Unity using the BGS asset with the VN plugin. It may not come as a surprise to you, but with a new game system, come the dreaded new play through and saving. Can not be helped, and with the tweaks to the story you should play it again anyways.

@bartleby Thank you for those kind words and I hope, that I can continue to keep you, and everyone else entertained and intrigued. As it turned out, it was the music that I added in version 0.03 that caused all the annoying issues with the saving.
About the "Unity vs. Ren'py" situation. I can't wrap my head around Ren'Py, no matter how hard I try, so I decided to go with a very developer friendly system: Vinoma, back when I started out designing the game. The "drag'n drop" interface of it all, was what caught my eye back then. It turned out to be a little too troublesome, when it came down to complex story telling, but luckily the developer himself had realized that, and had started working on something else, which I'm now go to use. It is also a very friendly "drag'n drop" interface for the VN plugin, but with a lot more complexity in the underlying game system.

@yoyomistro Yes, I'll be using the BGS system and the VN plugin for that system, so there will be no Ren'Py version of my game.

Happy Easter holidays, and thanks for playing.

Cheers - Kaffekop

73J

May 24, 2017
It says that Mac version cannot be opened. Can someone provide some help on this?

Kaffekop

Game Developer
Jul 23, 2017
Hey
It's been a few days, but I'm working on porting the game at the moment.
I've also begun working on 0.04 again, and I'm guessing I can give you an ETA on 0.04 later next week. Probably not what you want to hear right now, but I'm not comfortable about making a promise I can't keep.

Cheers - Kaffekop

Reactions: necronovelist

Nerttu

Forum Fanatic
Jul 4, 2017
Sorry guys, but i have to ask about renaming the characters (mainly MC), can it be don ?? Tryed search bar but nothing.

4.10 star(s) 66 Votes