Kaffekop

Game Developer
Jul 23, 2017
Great to hear. That little snippet of information is worth saving, so I'll just add it to my favorites.

DarkDemon

Apr 25, 2017
Yeah. In that file so many error down below.
d3d11: failed to create 2D texture shader resource view id=1135 [D3D error was 80070057]
And found the solution

Thanks you.
Can you share which settings did you change? Bcz its not working for me.

Press_ok

Apr 30, 2017
My gpu is nvidia so dont know about ati.

Go to nvidia control panel in windows control panel \ 3d settings \ managing 3d settings \ "Program settings" on the right panel \ Add \ Find and select sins of father.exe \ In bottom panel, click CUDA GPUs \ select "Use these GPUs" and check your gpu card in dropdown menu of CUDA GPUs \ Apply.

DarkDemon

Apr 25, 2017
My gpu is nvidia so dont know about ati.

Go to nvidia control panel in windows control panel \ 3d settings \ managing 3d settings \ "Program settings" on the right panel \ Add \ Find and select sins of father.exe \ In bottom panel, click CUDA GPUs \ select "Use these GPUs" and check your gpu card in dropdown menu of CUDA GPUs \ Apply.
I have already tried that, but seems to be ineffective in my case :( changed the texture settings as well, no change

Press_ok

Apr 30, 2017
I have already tried that, but seems to be ineffective in my case :( changed the texture settings as well, no change
I dont know how but before that changing, selected gpu was my onboard gpu. But I'm using pci-x card. So I selected my pci-x card on that list and could played.

If you have, do you see your other gpu in that list?

Also dx11 and gpu driver update can be helpful.

DarkDemon

Apr 25, 2017
I dont know how but before that changing, selected gpu was my onboard gpu. But I'm using pci-x card. So I selected my pci-x card on that list and could played.

If you have, do you see your other gpu in that list?

Also dx11 and gpu driver update can be helpful.
I'm on a laptop and it only shows my nvdia graphic on the list. I have dx11 installed drivers are up to date too as I have Gfroce experience installed which auto-updates the driver.

Kaffekop

Game Developer
Jul 23, 2017
Hi guys, you're still at it, I see.

I found out, that your geforce 315m doesn't support dx11, only dx10, and the last updated driver for the gpu is from 2016.
I don't know if you have tried to right click on the exe, go into properties and then into compatibility. There should be a few things to try out there.

Nick00

Oct 15, 2017
@Thialf
Hi
Thank you for taking the time to point out these issues.

I had a long chat with the developer of the asset I'm using, and according to him, that is the standard way Unity handles saves. He didn't bother to build a save system and only made a framework on top of Unity and just let Unity handle the saving of the game.
I'm going to port to his new asset within the next month or so, when it becomes available in the Unity store. He told me, that he will be making it possible to save to a file instead of to Unity's default - I'd say that is a good thing all in all.

Cheers - Kaffekop
i am trying to play this game for the first time but there is no MEGA file for 32 bit...

Bagger288

Jul 11, 2017
He didn't bother to build a save system and only made a framework on top of Unity and just let Unity handle the saving of the game.
I still suspect a bug with the seendlg collection - it grows way too fast (the game doesn't have millions of lines of text). The fact that Unity saves to the registry is unexpected, but that shouldn't be a problem if the saved variable wasn't so huge.

It's still worth it for the dev to building a file-based system for portability, but that seems like a separate issue from the savegame slowdown (FWIW, I've never used slot 7).

Reactions: yoyomistro

Maragdus

Jul 1, 2017
Great start for the game beautiful renders and i like that you will be focusing more on the story then on shoving random sex every five minutes.My only gripe with the story so far is that you currently don't have the options to raise your relationship with the rest of the family after making your choice on which one to help and the fact your family starts with such a low relationship i dosent make sence for them to have a relationship on the level with someone you just met.

Also i would like to ask you a few questions.

Will you at some point implement the option to make a harem with all of the family and/or with specific combinations of girls?

Will there be any pregnancy/impregnation at some point?

Will there be NTR and if yes will it be avoidable?

Kaffekop

Game Developer
Jul 23, 2017
I still suspect a bug with the seendlg collection - it grows way too fast (the game doesn't have millions of lines of text). The fact that Unity saves to the registry is unexpected, but that shouldn't be a problem if the saved variable wasn't so huge.

It's still worth it for the dev to building a file-based system for portability, but that seems like a separate issue from the savegame slowdown (FWIW, I've never used slot 7).
Yeah, and I too never went so far up the save chain, but I have now encountered the very same problem - lag, when saving. Although not as long saving times as some have reported, but a it does hang for up to five seconds on both of my testing machines.
The developer of my asset is also baffled by this, but has got his plate full for the foreseeable future with his new asset, so there wont be coming a fix for it, sadly, but when I have ported to his new engine, it should be something of the past, with saving to a file and such.

Great start for the game beautiful renders and i like that you will be focusing more on the story then on shoving random sex every five minutes.My only gripe with the story so far is that you currently don't have the options to raise your relationship with the rest of the family after making your choice on which one to help and the fact your family starts with such a low relationship i dosent make sence for them to have a relationship on the level with someone you just met.

Also i would like to ask you a few questions.

Will you at some point implement the option to make a harem with all of the family and/or with specific combinations of girls?

Will there be any pregnancy/impregnation at some point?

Will there be NTR and if yes will it be avoidable?
Thank for playing, and the effect of having helped one of the family out, will soon wear off, and he will begin to spread his "love" to others around him as you will begin seeing in the next update.
Well, with the specific requirements of gathering sexual energies, specifically from orgasm of women, it would seem, that in time he would indeed be better of making a harem. That will depend on his choices throughout the game, though.
I haven't given pregnancy/impregnation any thought at all, but I'll think upon it.
I don't know if we interpret NTR the same way, but... there will be obstacles, like Dylan (if you have played that route), who needs to be overcome - one way or another.
With respect to Dylan and Marsha, do remember that Marsha is quite promiscuous in the first place, and really don't care who she fucks, as long as she gets to fuck someone. This doesn't change, just because she meets Mack, and has fun with him. Their personalities decide whether or not, they will accept others than Mack, and Mack will eventually, as he grows stronger and more confident with his powers, be able to influence these people in a certain way.

Cheers - Kaffekop

yoyomistro

Engaged Member
Jan 15, 2017
Yeah, and I too never went so far up the save chain, but I have now encountered the very same problem - lag, when saving. Although not as long saving times as some have reported, but a it does hang for up to five seconds on both of my testing machines.
The developer of my asset is also baffled by this, but has got his plate full for the foreseeable future with his new asset, so there wont be coming a fix for it, sadly, but when I have ported to his new engine, it should be something of the past, with saving to a file and such.

Thank for playing, and the effect of having helped one of the family out, will soon wear off, and he will begin to spread his "love" to others around him as you will begin seeing in the next update.
Well, with the specific requirements of gathering sexual energies, specifically from orgasm of women, it would seem, that in time he would indeed be better of making a harem. That will depend on his choices throughout the game, though.
I haven't given pregnancy/impregnation any thought at all, but I'll think upon it.
I don't know if we interpret NTR the same way, but... there will be obstacles, like Dylan (if you have played that route), who needs to be overcome - one way or another.
With respect to Dylan and Marsha, do remember that Marsha is quite promiscuous in the first place, and really don't care who she fucks, as long as she gets to fuck someone. This doesn't change, just because she meets Mack, and has fun with him. Their personalities decide whether or not, they will accept others than Mack, and Mack will eventually, as he grows stronger and more confident with his powers, be able to influence these people in a certain way.

Cheers - Kaffekop
Hey man, some people think that any female characters having sex with any male characters in a game other than the main character is anathema. Please ignore them, they will go to any lengths to try to convince you to limit your artistic vision to sate their predilections.

yoyomistro

Engaged Member
Jan 15, 2017
Not sure if you missed my question, but i'll ask about new version for 32 bit OS again. Or is it just not planned anymore?
It's on his Patreon. All the versions on here he's posted for testing purposes. If you would like his stable 32 bit release you'll have to wait for someone to upload it or pledge to him.

yoyomistro

Engaged Member
Jan 15, 2017
He's sharing other versions, for testing or not. So i don't see why not share 32 bit. I'm willing to test this even if it's not stable.
Well, that's up to him, not me. If you had something that made you money, but some people wanted it for free, I'm sure you'd be reticent to just hand it out at the risk of losing those who pay for it.

Kaffekop

Game Developer
Jul 23, 2017
Not sure if you missed my question, but i'll ask about new version for 32 bit OS again. Or is it just not planned anymore?
Hi, and sorry for missing your question. It got lost in the haze, I guess.
Well, the _64 version was already here, so I'm all good with sharing myself as it tends to end up here anyways, but I feel like stabbing my Patreon supporters in the back, by giving out anything they pay for, myself. I hope that you can understand the reasoning behind that.
There is always a _32 version, but you'll have to nudge the uploaders about that one.

@Twistty You might want to add an "on hold" to the thread, because:

0.03 has proven to be a lot more buggy, than anticipated. Especially the long saving times and resulting crashes, have been a pain. It turns out, that it was linked to the music, that I added, so I have been forced to remove the music from the game.
The engine also proves to be a pain to work with, when it comes to complex choices and branching, and takes up too much of my time to make them happen. I have therefore decided to halt production of Sins of the father, until I have ported the whole project to a different engine, that better meets my needs.
How long it takes is beyond me at this point. I hope to have this up and running again sometime in April, but you never know how things turn out.
To those of you who want to play the latest version, where saving should be fixed and a few other things (check the changelog) it can be found
This is the last version that I will make available anywhere until the porting has been done.
And you probably should start out by deleting all saves before you begin playing again, just to make sure that some residual save issues.

Have a good one, and thanks again for playing.

Cheers - Kaffekop

Dilettante

Jun 6, 2017
Hi, and sorry for missing your question. It got lost in the haze, I guess.
Well, the _64 version was already here, so I'm all good with sharing myself as it tends to end up here anyways, but I feel like stabbing my Patreon supporters in the back, by giving out anything they pay for, myself. I hope that you can understand the reasoning behind that.
There is always a _32 version, but you'll have to nudge the uploaders about that one.
It's all good and understandable, it's just that from my long experience with Unity games, finding any other version than 64 bit is can be literally pain in the arse. Especially if it's new emerging game like this one. Doubt i can find it any time soon. I very much prefer Ren'py engine. It's so much more easier to use. And without draining memory of your pc, like Unity likes to do. Would be good if this game migrate to some engine like that. Anyways, definitely following this interesting project further.

Reactions: yoyomistro
4.10 star(s) 66 Votes