Kaffekop

Game Developer
Jul 23, 2017
I cant play the game whatsoever.
Thanks for the crash report. I looked it over and send it off to Unity so they might figure out what is going on. I did notice something in the report: it was crashing while calling the sound driver - if I even understand it correctly.
It's a longshot, but are you running on updated drivers?

I cant play mac version!
I think I mentioned this, but I can't test Mac builds. I just threw one together and hoped for the best.
I think I saw someone here advertising, that they would be willing to test Mac builds. I'll reach out to him/her.

i like it so far but advancing by clicking is inconsistent as it registers like every third click, also a skip seen text function or button would be great as i atleast dont like rereading the filler stuff for the third when trying to explore other routes.
In this here vn, backspace is the key. Mouse is only used for choices and such.

Hi Kaffekop,

Unfortunately the Mac version for me still won't open. Is this the fixed version or will you be sending the fixed version later today?

Best,
T.L.
Sorry, but no. Please look two quotes up for more info.

Have any of you tried to force the game into DX9 mode, and see what happens?
I don't know if it will solve anything, but you never know.

Cheers, and a good weekend to you all - Kaffekop

yoyomistro

Engaged Member
Jan 15, 2017
Thanks for the crash report. I looked it over and send it off to Unity so they might figure out what is going on. I did notice something in the report: it was crashing while calling the sound driver - if I even understand it correctly.

I think I mentioned this, but I can't test Mac builds. I just threw one together and hoped for the best.
I think I saw someone here advertising, that they would be willing to test Mac builds. I'll reach out to him/her.

Have you tried the Vinoma forums? I'm pretty sure the creator provides help there directly, since it's a Vinoma Engine game. I've torn the whole thing apart and can't figure out what is causing the visual issues I'm having lol. At first I thought it was a bilinear vs trilinear filtering issue, but it doesn't look like that's the case. I tried forcing different Direct X versions, didn't help either, but I think it did help with the memory consumption. It could be the way transitions are setup by Vinoma in the code, nothing you can change @Kaffekop, and honestly I'm not sure as I couldn't figure out exactly how the IDs were assigned to the images as they were being called by the scenes.

Honestly I'd be surprised if I were the only one having this issue with black screens. Maybe other people just don't know that they aren't seeing what they're supposed to be seeing and think the black screens are transitions. I can see the text, the avatar of the person who's talking, but the image of the scene is not there, for about half the images. Like I before said I can see what image is supposed to be in each scene if I unpack the assets manually. I've looked at the specs of each image and it doesn't look like the issue is cause by anything in particular.

I was gonna post on the Vinoma forums myself but I didn't want to do so until I had pinpointed at least 1 issue in particular that could be causing problems. I found some pretty robust tools that let me see both the Vinoma and the Unity Engine code, but like I said earlier, I'm not well versed enough in coding to pinpoint what's causing the issues myself.

Forgot to post a link to the Vinoma forums: .

EDIT 2: Oh you already posted there, lol. Just saw.

EDIT 3: Nevermind the Azriel images do use BC7 compression. Maybe I can find the code for the transitions for that scene and see what makes it different from others that don't transition properly for me. Probably won't do that today though lol.

EDIT 4. Yes, I'm a jackass, sorry: One theory I had that I forgot to mention was that there is an image that's just a black screen, called "Black", that could be intended to be used as a transition screen, but is instead being called on top of other scenes somehow, causing the issue I'm seeing. Don't know for sure as I could not tell how the transitions are called from the code like I said earlier, but just thought I'd put it out there.

Kaffekop

Game Developer
Jul 23, 2017
@yoyomistro
Oh boy. You're going all in, and thank you for trying :)

The problem with Vinoma is, that it has been discontinued while I finished my first version, because he is working on another vn engine that takes all the good stuff from Vinoma and adds a lot more flexibility to building a vn. Vinoma is really great for a linear gameplay, and it takes some creativity to work back and forth between choices.
I'm really looking forward to porting it all to his new engine, but it is still in development.
Right now I'm even thinking of trying my hands at Ren'py ... yet again, but I'm not sure my mind bends that way.
Vinoma is a drag and drop kind of thing, and that is just great for someone like me, who suffers from "coding dyslexia".

Anyways, enjoy the weekend and go grab a beer or something. I'll pour me a glass of whisky.

Cheers - Kaffekop

yoyomistro

Engaged Member
Jan 15, 2017
@yoyomistro
Oh boy. You're going all in, and thank you for trying :)

The problem with Vinoma is, that it has been discontinued while I finished my first version, because he is working on another vn engine that takes all the good stuff from Vinoma and adds a lot more flexibility to building a vn. Vinoma is really great for a linear gameplay, and it takes some creativity to work back and forth between choices.
I'm really looking forward to porting it all to his new engine, but it is still in development.
Right now I'm even thinking of trying my hands at Ren'py ... yet again, but I'm not sure my mind bends that way.
Vinoma is a drag and drop kind of thing, and that is just great for someone like me, who suffers from "coding dyslexia".

Anyways, enjoy the weekend and go grab a beer or something. I'll pour me a glass of whisky.

Cheers - Kaffekop
Yea, just saw that, hopefully your game can be ported to the new engine. Yea, I am going kinda ham, but that's just cuz I like your project and would actually like to be able to use it as intended so I could support it. And hopefully if I find something it helps with other people having similar issues. Ren'Py would be nice but I totally understand why you can't use it, Unity is a lot more friendly. The only problem with Unity is it's really bad for just image based VNs for people with potato computers, because it basically loads them as textured assets instead of just calling the image, making them use a lot more processing power and memory than needed.

I wish I could afford to grab a beer, or better yet some vodka right now, lol, living off my savings as I'm trying to finish a book I started a few years ago. But I did splurge when I went to see Lana Del Rey a few weeks ago, couldn't go to see my favorite artist sober =P. That should tide me over until I get some cash flowing in, lol.

ZoolooS

Nov 20, 2017
Well, nice renders and story, but:
- each saving spend at least 1min! Seriously?
- saves in registry. In 2018. Seriously?
- using mouse and KB for different actions. 1 button on mouse and 1 key on KB. seriously?
- blasted not skiptable starting screens/vids. In 2018. Seriousy?

yoyomistro

Engaged Member
Jan 15, 2017
- using mouse and KB for different actions. 1 button on mouse and 1 key on KB. seriously?
Seriously in 2018
?! Seriously??? :test:

Reactions: drillinger

Deadlyreaper

Nov 20, 2017
the game is not bad but too much stupid meaningless bland inconsequential blabbering text with all sorts of people who always have the same theme have the boner of mac ...... he wants to do what or what has come his thoughts and bla bla bla bla ...... he goes to sleep zund bla bla bla bla ..... and then the coronation he licks the first time a pussy and what does he think ??? is that fun ??? REALLY ??? you stupid idiot odrr when he goes home and the black dude roars around there and insulted his mother what he does ??? NOTHING he just thinks that I impart a lesson the dud says to him what are you staring at and what makes this little loser ??? nothing nothing WTF first he wants to give him a lexion and now he pisses himself still in the pants and fällz almost winsekld before this asshole what just offended his mother badly on the knee? omg go to the damm hell loser really find you balls........

and edit the really annoying save and load system that is so awkward

cowboybebop

May 6, 2017
can't play at I3 laptop... this game helllllll heavy, more heavy than a game about beach "forget name ..xxx xxking xxxxxx"

yoyomistro

Engaged Member
Jan 15, 2017
the game is not bad but too much stupid meaningless bland inconsequential blabbering text with all sorts of people who always have the same theme have the boner of mac ...... he wants to do what or what has come his thoughts and bla bla bla bla ...... he goes to sleep zund bla bla bla bla ..... and then the coronation he licks the first time a pussy and what does he think ??? is that fun ??? REALLY ??? you stupid idiot odrr when he goes home and the black dude roars around there and insulted his mother what he does ??? NOTHING he just thinks that I impart a lesson the dud says to him what are you staring at and what makes this little loser ??? nothing nothing WTF first he wants to give him a lexion and now he pisses himself still in the pants and fällz almost winsekld before this asshole what just offended his mother badly on the knee? omg go to the damm hell loser really find you balls........

Whoa there buddy, it's impressive that you can type with your dick but I'm sure you'd be easier to understand if you tried using your hands... It'd probably make you a little less angry too, you should try it sometime.

jczs97

Feb 9, 2018

lmao

Reactions: yoyomistro

lockhear

Engaged Member
Oct 10, 2017

Dude, you forgot to take your pill...

Reactions: yoyomistro

Dropdude

Donor
Aug 5, 2016

Yes, Ive recently updated all drivers on my PC. I had trouble starting any unity game until I did some stuff in the nvidia control panel.

Kaffekop

Game Developer
Jul 23, 2017
First off, thanks for playing.
- Seriously? Not something that I, nor my resters have experienced. There have been some issues with the 7'th save slot, but it should be resolved. I can only tell you, that it takes less than a second on any of our testing machines.
- Seriously? That is a problem why? This is not to make fun of you. I'm interested in why this is a problem for you and /or maybe even others.
- This one, on the other hand, I totally understand, and I have been fiddling with it for some time now after an update to the engine. I'm happy to say, that I have fixed it, mouse-clicking anywhere on the screen will once more advance text in 0.04.
- Seriously? 15 to 20 seconds down the drain.

I'm not sure I understand half of what you're trying to throw at me, but seriously... are you calling me an idiot? In that tangled web of words. Okay... I'll give it a shot.

You've obviously played the game, and thanks for doing that, but you seem to miss the point of this being a story, first and foremost. If Mack had been a confident young man without flaws to begin with, there would be no room for change in him. Every good/descent story involves some form of change in the protagonist, or it will not be an interesting experience.
Seeing that I invoked so many feelings in you, I probably should take it as a compliment. My writing most be without flaw, to set you off like that. Mack reacting the way he does, should give the reader/player a fairly good idea of who, and what he is: A wuss. An insecure little wuss, and if I truly managed that (like I apparently did with you) I'm all good, because that was my intention.
Humor on the other hand is an entirely different beast, and we all react in different ways when it comes to humor. It is by far the most difficult thing to write and I don't expect everyone to think it's funny, but it is what it is.

And on the last addition to your post: no.

Cheers, and lighten up. We only live once - Kaffekop

KeinBa

Sep 26, 2017
hey @Kaffekop Will our current save file be compatible with future versions? I apologize if this question is asked. The last i played was the first version

Kaffekop

Game Developer
Jul 23, 2017
Hey @KeinBa They should be compatible from here on out. Or at least till I port the game to another engine. How and when that happens, is still not clear.
Thanks for playing.

Cheers - Kaffekop

Reactions: KeinBa

KeinBa

Sep 26, 2017
Hey @Kaffekop have a another question. I finished the game couple of times (finally able to see mom in bikini :winkytongue: ) and seems game gonna split up too many ways.Looks like there won't be harem ending, we can only have sex with women on the route we choose.Also i extracted the images According to the choices we make, we miss some sex scenes everytime.If I did not extract the pictures, I would not know what I was missing So are you thinking to make a walkthrough for the future versions ?

btw there is no lag or bug while saving the game or loading.Thanks for the update !

DarkDemon

Apr 25, 2017
Hey @Kaffekop
I have got the main page problem again with this version too, but this time it doesnt even open in fullsceen mode too so that i can get passed the main menu window.

I looked around on appdata/LocalNow/Kaffekop/Sins of the father folder and found a log file that lists quite a few errors, I attached the log file, in case you can take a look at it.

It sucks that i cant play this version of the game yet :FeelsBadMan:

trumpthatbitch

Jun 23, 2017
First off, thanks for playing.
- Seriously? Not something that I, nor my resters have experienced. There have been some issues with the 7'th save slot, but it should be resolved. I can only tell you, that it takes less than a second on any of our testing machines.
- Seriously? That is a problem why? This is not to make fun of you. I'm interested in why this is a problem for you and /or maybe even others.
- This one, on the other hand, I totally understand, and I have been fiddling with it for some time now after an update to the engine. I'm happy to say, that I have fixed it, mouse-clicking anywhere on the screen will once more advance text in 0.04.
- Seriously? 15 to 20 seconds down the drain.

I'm not sure I understand half of what you're trying to throw at me, but seriously... are you calling me an idiot? In that tangled web of words. Okay... I'll give it a shot.

You've obviously played the game, and thanks for doing that, but you seem to miss the point of this being a story, first and foremost. If Mack had been a confident young man without flaws to begin with, there would be no room for change in him. Every good/descent story involves some form of change in the protagonist, or it will not be an interesting experience.
Seeing that I invoked so many feelings in you, I probably should take it as a compliment. My writing most be without flaw, to set you off like that. Mack reacting the way he does, should give the reader/player a fairly good idea of who, and what he is: A wuss. An insecure little wuss, and if I truly managed that (like I apparently did with you) I'm all good, because that was my intention.
Humor on the other hand is an entirely different beast, and we all react in different ways when it comes to humor. It is by far the most difficult thing to write and I don't expect everyone to think it's funny, but it is what it is.

And on the last addition to your post: no.

Cheers, and lighten up. We only live once - Kaffekop
Having the same problem. Actually crashed once saving the file

4.10 star(s) 66 Votes