3.50 star(s) 24 Votes

Apple_Tart_Games

Game Developer
Jan 16, 2021

Apple_Tart_Games you might want to take a look at this
Bit odd that the name has that similar vibe to Sir Stretchalot, and that the main character has the helmet, and also that he's got a water girl in there haha.

I'd be concerned if the writing or something was copied, but I dunno. It seems separate enough to me. The quality doesn't seem that high either. The dev even refers to the games as crap lol.

Apple_Tart_Games

Game Developer
Jan 16, 2021
Yo, just wanted to drop in and say that it's the last day of Steam's Winter sale.

Both of my Sir Stretchalot games are on sale there if you'd like to buy them and support me a bit:

You can get them on my Patreon as well, which is linked in my signature. I'll have a new game up on Patreon too hopefully this month!

Maizemallard

Dec 24, 2019
Every character other than Mira(sometimes), horse and The Mc (sometimes) makes me want to bash my head against a rock. Still enjoyed the game but man I wanted to burn that elf village down the entire time. The queen is especially so stupid that she actually physically made me reboot and drop my intelligence to 0 to understand her. No wonder Mira is angry all the time when she has to deal with her. Also you can choose for violence the entire game but still be forced into peace so why is there even choices if they mean nothing? And yes I know this game isn't supposed to be serious.

But other than that enjoyed the sprites, art, and some parts of the story. Should I try the other game I did like a lot of what this game offers but I don't think I can handle another one if the characters in that game is the same as this one.

Last edited:

Apple_Tart_Games

Game Developer
Jan 16, 2021
Every character other than Mira(sometimes), horse and The Mc (sometimes) makes me want to bash my head against a rock. Still enjoyed the game but man I wanted to burn that elf village down the entire time. The queen is especially so stupid that she actually physically made me reboot and drop my intelligence to 0 to understand her. No wonder Mira is angry all the time when she has to deal with her. Also you can choose for violence the entire game but still be forced into peace so why is there even choices if they mean nothing? And yes I know this game isn't supposed to be serious.

But other than that enjoyed the sprites, art, and some parts of the story. Should I try the other game I did like a lot of what this game offers but I don't think I can handle another one if the characters in that game is the same as this one.
Sorry to hear you didn't like some of the characters, but maybe that's just the way I write them. Like you said, it's really not meant to be serious.

You might like the first game. It's a fair bit shorter so I guess most characters don't hang around enough to get annoying.

Reactions: Maizemallard

Maizemallard

Dec 24, 2019
Sorry to hear you didn't like some of the characters, but maybe that's just the way I write them. Like you said, it's really not meant to be serious.

You might like the first game. It's a fair bit shorter so I guess most characters don't hang around enough to get annoying.
There is potential in some of the characters I did enjoy like the banter between with the Mc and the two elves. The Mc Honest nature and silliness is endearing. The horse was pretty cool. The comedic atmosphere was also pretty chill and made thing's way more digestible. An episodic series full of the MC hijinks and adventures is also pretty interesting and refreshing for these types of games. The characters are not bad and did have likable moments and aspects that people seem to enjoy.

I think my issues stem from was the traits of the characters being constantly repeated. Mira is angry and wants violence and hates humans, Ella is horny and wants peace these character traits are repeated throughout the entire game with not much to them outside of that. But outside of that my biggest issue is that you start the game with the bandit leader being dickheads and wanting to plow the elf queen this continues throughout the game, then the game ends with the bandit leader being spared, getting to plow the queen, given a nice title, being defended by said queen, and the queen Ignored any suggestion I had. which makes me feel like the entire journey was pointless, made me despise the queen and left me deeply unsatisfied.

Overall after looking through the thread you do actually want input from people and do want to improve one's craft and for that you do deserve praise. I will try out the other game thx for the reply!

Last edited:

Apple_Tart_Games

Game Developer
Jan 16, 2021
There is potential in some of the characters I did enjoy like the banter between with the Mc and the two elves. The Mc Honest nature and silliness is endearing. The horse was pretty cool. The comedic atmosphere was also pretty chill and made thing's way more digestible. An episodic series full of the MC hijinks and adventures is also pretty interesting and refreshing for these types of games. The characters are not bad and did have likable moments and aspects that people seem to enjoy.

I think my issues stem from was the traits of the characters being constantly repeated. Mira is angry and wants violence and hates humans, Ella is horny and wants peace these character traits are repeated throughout the entire game with not much to them outside of that. But outside of that my biggest issue is that you start the game with the bandit leader being dickheads and wanting to plow the elf queen this continues throughout the game, then the game ends with the bandit leader being spared, getting to plow the queen, given a nice title, being defended by said queen, and the queen Ignored any suggestion I had. which makes me feel like the entire journey was pointless, made me despise the queen and left me deeply unsatisfied.

Overall after looking through the thread you do actually want input from people and do want to improve one's craft and for that you do deserve praise. I will try out the other game thx for the reply!
I swear at least one person has not liked Sir Stretchalot and all the other humanoid characters, while no one has ever said a bad thing about Horse. I get feedback saying that they love her and want more of her lol.

It sounds like what you didn't like was a lack of depth to characters like Mira and Ella. I do get that. I think it's a result of the shorter nature of these stories and juggling trying to make it all come together. I'll work on that though.

The part about the bandit leader and the queen, yeh, I get that too. I definitely lean towards happy endings for all involved when I write this sort of comedy stuff. It shouldn't always be that way. Something else for me to address in future games.

The decisions could have had more impact, I agree. I'm not sure how much I'll be doing that sort of thing going forward. I do like it when you can answer in different ways in certain scenes, but having lots of different ways for a story to play out is a lot more work and I feel it generally leads to a weaker story overall.

Also, the games are made to sell on Steam. They're only $1 for the first game and $5 for the second. When they're that cheap it's sort of hard for me to justify doing all that extra work. If they were like $21.50 AUD, which seems to be the standard price for a lot of samey hentai games on Steam, I'd definitely have more content and paths, but I don't want to price my games that high just yet, if ever. I'd rather make shorter games that are still good quality and price them cheaper and get more players for now.

The first episode of my next project is probably going to be free for this exact reason.

But yeh, my stuff will keep getting better. This is only my second game, and I think if you do play the first one you'll notice how it's improved over that. The next one is a lot shorter, but it has more game mechanics and easily the best hentai scene I've put together yet.

And yes, definitely want feedback and to improve. I make these games for fun, but I want to turn it into a proper income at some point so I can just keep making better stuff, so also making sure players are happy is key.

• Red Heart
Reactions: Maizemallard

Apple_Tart_Games

Game Developer
Jan 16, 2021
Latest.
Yeah, i know. The thing is that im getting the same error when im launching the game

TypeError
Cannot read property "Blendmodes" of undefined
Sorry, mate, but I honestly have no idea. I've never had anyone on decent, modern hardware report this issue. I'm not sure what that other poster is using as he never replied after his initial msg.

Most I can suggest is that you re-download and make sure your GPU drivers are up to date. I don't think the version that's actually on Steam would make a difference either, as it's the exact same as the one here. You could try that and refund it if it doesn't work though, I suppose.

Sorry again.

3.50 star(s) 24 Votes