VN Ren'Py Completed Sister, Sister, Sister [Final] [Virtual Indecency]

3.00 star(s) 51 Votes

Gomly1980

Forum Fanatic
Jul 4, 2017
Which is why like @planetmorpheus most devs will drop the first 2 or 3 builds/updates for free as a way to get more players interested in the game and therefore willing to pledge
There, right there is my problem with a lot of these games.

Patreon bait, trying to earn money for nothing. Barely any content yet putting that content behind a paywall like they have done something to earn that money.

And then they wonder why hardly anyone backs them. 27 patreons for this one. Would it have been more if they first few builds ha been free, maybe, I don't know but I do know it's not worth my money for the content it has.

Here is my take on it, i'll pay for the enjoyment I get out of something. It's very rare i'll keep a pledge going, that's only happened 3 times and those are games worth my time. Most of the time i'll pay once or twice just to give them something if i've liked what i've seen.

This trend of releasing a few minutes of gameplay and expecting people to jump on patreon has got to a stage where I rarely bother with 0.1's because they have nothing worth seeing.

U

User_10739

Alessia.png

At the end of Chapter 2, Alessia will be introduced. Alessia is a mysterious character that ties into Zoe's and Chloe's backstory. Dev has some interesting things planned for her and thinks you'll enjoy what she adds to the story.

Reactions: Krull and Daveck

Paitryn

Mar 10, 2017
Unfortunately no one has access to chapter 2, so no one is enjoying anything. I'm not sure how that will pan out for the developer either. It's is highly requested but since he has blocked it behind a paywall, no one seems to be playing it aside from the 20 something people he has.

Part of me wants this to stay as is and see how powerful leaks are or are not.

Gomly1980

Forum Fanatic
Jul 4, 2017
We only get what patrons share and this doesn't have many patrons.

There is nowhere near enough content to justify paying for it and i'm not willing to support a developer like this.

You bring the patrons in, then you lock behind a paywall, you don't try and force us to pay to play. I don't think this is going to do very well at all. You all know how well pay walls go down here especially with new games that have shown us nothing worth paying for so far.

Reactions: Master of Puppets

wep

Respected User
Former Staff
Aug 16, 2016
The public release is the 17sh of September, we can wait. I like the game but the content isn't enough to convince me to pay and if i remember right the first level with the game is 10$. Too much IMHO.

Deleted member 30700

Donor
May 11, 2017
where is chapter 2?
He put it behind a paywall and will have to wait another 2 weeks for public release, because apparently, the Dev doesn't like getting exposure for his game (sarcasm). There are only about 20 people who have access to it right now, and the likelihood of one of those 20 people being an uploader on F95Zone is pretty slim.:closedtongue:

Gomly1980

Forum Fanatic
Jul 4, 2017
He put it behind a paywall and will have to wait another 2 weeks for public release, because apparently, the Dev doesn't like getting exposure for his game (sarcasm). There are only about 20 people who have access to it right now, and the likelihood of one of those 20 people being an uploader on F95Zone is pretty slim.:closedtongue:
I very nearly did end up a patron to this game until I saw the paywall.

It's a dev just in it for the money and i'm not convinced it will go far, these never do. Like we've said in other games, there isn't enough content to justify a pay wall and the dev doesn't have a reputation to bring in the money so it's not going to win him any favours.

As it stands I wouldn't advise anyone to pay him for this game, it's not been going long enough and there isn't enough there to justify a pay wall at this stage.

wep

Respected User
Former Staff
Aug 16, 2016
Personally I "hate" when games have very expensive patreon levels and no free release.
At the end of the day this game is free. We just only need to wait a little more for this first release, but after that we will have a free release every single month. We will only br one month below the patreons. More than acceptable IMHO.

Gomly1980

Forum Fanatic
Jul 4, 2017
Nowhere near the point we were making.

The point we were making was it's a new game by a new dev and he's dived straight in locking new release behind a pay wall before building up his fan base which he won't get now.

Every single time a developer has done this the game has ended up abandoned because they aren't making enough money.

Zalzany

Apr 19, 2017
No not appreciated pay wall this early is bad, I hate it basically screams "I am milk this good," when your second update is 10 buck paywall you can tell right off the bat where the devs priorities are its not the game its the cash from said game lol. I could get if there was more content but pay wall this early screams desperation and 9/10 in my experience they either fail miserably, last time I paid in for a paywall this early it lasted 2 months, he couldn't get the cash he wanted so abandoned it, or they start churning out weak updates once a month to keep that money coming. I mean this is point one we can't even see 2, there is no way I can see how serious this dev is about working on the game I can't compare to versions to see if I want to pay 5 bucks, let alone 10 for an early copy lol.

wep

Respected User
Former Staff
Aug 16, 2016
Nowhere near the point we were making.

The point we were making was it's a new game by a new dev and he's dived straight in locking new release behind a pay wall before building up his fan base which he won't get now.

Every single time a developer has done this the game has ended up abandoned because they aren't making enough money.
I agree with you. By in this case we are going to see the new version in 17 days. So there is still chance to increase the number of patrons.

Personally I never support a dev without at least 3/4 convincing releases.

Mark600601

Donor
Apr 25, 2017
I mean even if money was his only priority its ridiculous to put up a pay wall this early into a games life.
By releasing the game first few releases for free you are able to grow your fan base significantly more than only dropping 0.1 for free.
An 0.1 very rarely ever gives enough gameplay to warrant pledging for it.
Even if money was his only priority and not just making the game locking the game like that this early is a huge mistake.
The 30 patreons he has right now could already be significantly higher if he dropped 0.2 for free. Instead he now has to wait a full month AFTER hes already dropped 0.2 for people to pick the game back up after the new update and decide if they want to pledge.
And it hurts him even more because a lot of people that would have pledged are no longer going to because its a dick move to lock the game this early on.
It shows you have no desire to take care of fan base AKA your customers

Reactions: Burt

Etar

Jul 17, 2017
When I see a dev expecting to get paid top dollar for very little other than future promises I become stubborn and refuse to back them.. However, devs that are very "Here guys, try out this game I'm making, and please support me if you can" about their development, those people are the ones I support. I'd rather support a humble dev not expecting anything, rather than a cocky dev expecting the world for what amounts to a weeks worth of work. Future promises are NOT content.

I mean, fucking hell. Look at that game "Darkwood", they had a guy return their game on Steam, saying "We dont have a lot of cash, so I am returning the game because I dont want my wife to stress out at the end of the month". What did they do? They fucking released their entire game onto Piratebay with no DRM, because they wanted as many people as possible to enjoy the game.

And what happened? Their game is being bought by thousands, many of them not even interested in playing the game. As many steam reviews say "I bought the game because I want to support devs like this, I however have no interest in playing the game".

Gomly1980

Forum Fanatic
Jul 4, 2017
That's a developer that cares about what they made.

Even the guys and gals at CDPR didn't care about piracy. They released their games with no DRM knowing people would pirate them and the Witcher games became far more popular than they thought they would.

Obviously those are entirely different things but the idea behind it is the same.

Build up your fans, put your work out there and if they like it they will pay.

Try and force people to pay for nothing won't end well.

Etar

Jul 17, 2017
Indeed, I become rather stubborn when that happens, because it feels like they're trying to manipulate you with promises of tits.

My ex always got very frustrated with me because she was used to using her body to manipulate her ex into doing stuff he didnt want, and when ever she'd try to make me do something I didnt want to do, using her body as "reinforcement" I would get stubborn as fuck and refuse to do it even more.. We had quite a few arguements, one of the big reasons we didnt work out. I simply cannot stomach being manipulated, pisses me off. Ask me nicely, and I may do the thing I dislike, but try and trick me into doing it and I will become stubborn as a ... [Insert something stubborn here], to the point it would hurt my own interests :p

Burt

Ignoring Social Media
Dec 14, 2016
Even the guys and gals at CDPR didn't care about piracy
Well we did; its just we understood that cracking exe files was not that hard and it actually punished the true purchasers of the game
True purchasers had unnecessary DRM whilst Pirate versions were free of it and its ability to destabilise the games performance

3.00 star(s) 51 Votes