VN Ren'Py Completed Sister, Sister, Sister [Final] [Virtual Indecency]

3.00 star(s) 51 Votes

Catwashere

Futa lover!
Donor
Jan 28, 2018
The dev gets complaints on his Patreon page, has an account here (that he does use - as any user can see his "last seen" date/time) and people complain about bugs in his game here too. He could use the fixes that myself and @DeUglyOne post; never happens. Every new update has the same bugs/typo's/nonsense in previous chapters that have been there since chapter 1, and usually a few more get added.

This is all to say only this; thanks to @the66 and @anne O'nymous and @DeUglyOne and @Kasey and anyone else for helping our members with this game. One of the many reasons that this forum is a pretty cool place :).
He is only screwing himself if people are willing to fix the bugs and allow him to use the fixes but he refuses.

Many people refuse to donate to games and this is one reason and of course the big reason is so many times games get abandoned!

Reactions: Centurion

Safetydummy

Jan 18, 2018
Without editing the screen used to display the saved files, it's done like this (in the console):
Code:
persistent._file_page = "5"
With "5" being the number of the page to access. This will change the actually selected "page" for the save/load screen. So to have a tenth page with this game :
Code:
persistent._file_page = "10"
Thank you for the response. Okay, so I type this into the dev console (the bottom one) and I'll have 10 pages or just go to the 10th page? Do you know how many you can have in total? Is there a limit at some point? Also, will some type of scroll automatically be created, so that you can access all of your pages or will it have to be done manually through console? My saves are fubar at this point- so I'll have to start over- again. :) I apologize for not being too familiar with Ren'py, but the 38 saves is kinda frustrating, considering in the earlier iterations it was near infinite and I spam save the Hell outta the games.

anne O'nymous

I'm not grumpy, I'm just coded that way.
Modder
Respected User
Donor
Jun 10, 2017
Every new update has the same bugs/typo's/nonsense in previous chapters that have been there since chapter 1, and usually a few more get added.
And it's a shame. The game mechanism can be forgot (well in fact he forgot about it himself), but the story have a little something which make it interesting and make us want for more. But at one point will the story be enough to keep us hooked, I doubt about it ?

thanks to [...]
You forgot someone in your thanks, so I'll add it for you: @bossapplesauce

Thank you for the response. Okay, so I type this into the dev console (the bottom one) and I'll have 10 pages or just go to the 10th page?
You'll go to the 10th page.

Do you know how many you can have in total? Is there a limit at some point?
I haven't looked at this, but if there's a limit, it will be a natural one (in a coding way), so don't worry, you have a lot of space.

Also, will some type of scroll automatically be created, so that you can access all of your pages or will it have to be done manually through console?
You'll have to do it manually through the console :(
Like I said, an automatic scrolling you need to edit the screen which display the page and probably try to respect the actual design. I don't have access to the game right now, but it's something like this :
Open the file "screen.rpy" and search for "screen file_slots(title):".
You should have something which look like
Code:
                for page in range(1, 10):
                    textbutton "[page]" action FilePage(page)
You should add :
Code:
textbutton _("<") action FilePagePrevious()
right before it, and:
Code:
textbutton _(">") action FilePageNext()
right after it. WARNING: you must add it with the same indentation (space only) than the "for page..."
Don't worry, it will not affect your save, and as long as you respect the indentation, it shouldn't have an impact on the game itself.

UncleVT

Låt den rätta komma in
Jul 2, 2017
Thank you for the response. Okay, so I type this into the dev console (the bottom one) and I'll have 10 pages or just go to the 10th page? Do you know how many you can have in total? Is there a limit at some point? Also, will some type of scroll automatically be created, so that you can access all of your pages or will it have to be done manually through console? My saves are fubar at this point- so I'll have to start over- again. :) I apologize for not being too familiar with Ren'py, but the 38 saves is kinda frustrating, considering in the earlier iterations it was near infinite and I spam save the Hell outta the games.
I had the problem of accessing the pages higher than 9 in Load and Save screens then I did this:
In the file screens.rpy, section ## Load and Save screens, in both screen save(): and screen load():, after
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.
added

This way to the right of each page number I have a spot to click and access pages 10 to 18.

I know it's not an orthodox solution and the good programmers that we have here must be slap their heads, but it's good for me.

the66

beware, the germans are cumming
Modder
Respected User
Donor
Jan 27, 2017
the save/load screen in this game consists of an imagemap with hotspots for the different actions
i don't want to fiddle with the pic and the hotspots, but if you want, you can add the following 2 lines to
screen load(): and screen save():
you can now scroll with <n> and <p> key

the66

Modder
Respected User
Donor
Jan 27, 2017
but the real question remains, why does the dev uses for every new version a new save_dir?
we basically spam our disks with save files of this game

Safetydummy

Jan 18, 2018
@anne O'nymous @UncleVT @the66

• Um, wow. Okay. I followed very little of that- I'm kind of an artard, apparently. I appreciate you trying to help me, but this may be a tad over my head. Am I supposed to type
    Code:
     at the beginning &
    at the end to close the statement or just what is written in between those 2 prompts?
  • It might be easier to teach a kitten Mandarin..

I don't have access to the game right now, but it's something like this :
Open the file "screen.rpy" and search for "screen file_slots(title):".
You should have something which look like
  • Code:
    for page in range(1, 10):
    [/LIST]
    [LIST]
    [*]textbutton "[page]" action FilePage(page)
    You should add :
  • Code:
    textbutton _("<") action FilePagePrevious()
    right before it, and:
  • Code:
    textbutton _(">") action FilePageNext()
    right after it. WARNING: you must add it with the same indentation (space only) than the "for page..."
  • I believe these are already in place when I scrolled down (near the bottom).
Don't worry, it will not affect your save, and as long as you respect the indentation, it shouldn't have an impact on the game itself.
  • Maybe if I could see the entire thing typed out- you said "put it right before it and right after it". I'm kinda confused.
  • Does it have to be all on the same line or above and below it?
the save/load screen in this game consists of an imagemap with hotspots for the different actions
i don't want to fiddle with the pic and the hotspots, but if you want, you can add the following 2 lines to
screen load(): and screen save():
Code:
key "p" action FilePagePrevious()
key "n" action FilePageNext()
you can now scroll with <n> and <p> key
  • Again, maybe if I could see the example typed out in its entirety. Where exactly do I type this? I'm not sure I follow any of what y'all are telling me. Or according the the code- is it already these (< & >) keys?

• And UncleVT- if the 2 examples above have me lost- your method is going to require a search party to find me. Huh?j
  • How do you know the numbers in the hotspots for the variables? Is it formulaic? Great guessing?

This is what I found when I opened up "screens.rpy"

• Also, with the other code that you showed me, could I have (theoretically) 100 pages? Do I have to do that for both the "Save" and "Load" or is doing it for one universal?

anne O'nymous

Modder
Respected User
Donor
Jun 10, 2017
but the real question remains, why does the dev uses for every new version a new save_dir?
we basically spam our disks with save files of this game
Because he included the version to config.name. Normally an author should just put inside the name of the game, which will never vary, and use config.version to update the version.

Again, maybe if I could see the example typed out in its entirety. Where exactly do I type this?
Alright, let's use the solution gave by @the66 .
Open the file "screen.rpy":
search for "screen file_slots(title):"
You'll see :
Code:
screen file_slots(title):

default page_name_value = FilePageNameInputValue(pattern=_("Page {}"), auto=_("Automatic saves"), quick=_("Quick saves"))
Change it to look like this (copy/paste it right from this page):
Code:

key "p"  action FilePagePrevious()
    key "n"  action FilePageNext()

default page_name_value = FilePageNameInputValue(pattern=_("Page {}"), auto=_("Automatic saves"), quick=_("Quick saves"))
Now, when you are on the load/save screen, press the 'p' key to access the previous page, and press the 'n' key to access the next page.

the66

Modder
Respected User
Donor
Jan 27, 2017
Because he included the version to config.name. Normally an author should just put inside the name of the game, which will never vary, and use config.version to update the version.

Alright, let's use the solution gave by @the66 .
Open the file "screen.rpy":
search for "screen file_slots(title):"
You'll see :
Code:

Change it to look like this (copy/paste it right from this page):
Code:

key "p"  action FilePagePrevious()
    key "n"  action FilePageNext()

Now, when you are on the load/save screen, press the 'p' key to access the previous page, and press the 'n' key to access the next page.
this would normally work, but he doesn't use this screen at all
instead..
change the entries screen_save and screen_load

Reactions: crmsn7 and UncleVT

Safetydummy

Jan 18, 2018
@anne O'nymous @UncleVT @the66

I apologize for not responding sooner- I had IRL stuff to deal with and took some time off from SisterX3 to wrap my head around all of your suggestions before "diving head first" into changing any codes (externally or internally) and study them a little more carefully. I still have the .zip if I get over my head too far.

anne O'nymous- (thank you for the "special needs" tutorial for me- seeing it typed gave me the visual aid that I needed.) :)
from what I under stand from your code- it creates an invisible 10th page with 6 save slots- that I won't be able to see, but I'll be able to access it. Is that correct? I'm guessing I would have to enter that code as well to access the invisible saves to load my saved games?

the66
I see what your code is doing now also- it just tells the game to use "p" and "n" to access the pages that I created and will supersede the games natural "<" and ">". This will make the invisible pages accessible/visible- basically, is what I'm guessing?

UncleVT
Again, I thank all of you for your assistance. You are far more knowledgeable than I, but I am trying to learn and any little tips/suggestions that I can glean from the masters are greatly appreciated. :)

anne O'nymous

Modder
Respected User
Donor
Jun 10, 2017
the66
I see what your code is doing now also- it just tells the game to use "p" and "n" to access the pages that I created and will supersede the games natural "<" and ">". This will make the invisible pages accessible/visible- basically, is what I'm guessing?
I'll answer just to this, because he's the one with the better solution for this particular game. And the answer is : Yes, you've guessed right.

UncleVT

Låt den rätta komma in
Jul 2, 2017
@Safetydummy No. My solution was for add just one column of spots to the right. If you add more think leaves the work area.
But also there are empty space to the left, and for another column could be in 1651.
However also think the solution of @the66 is the best.

the66

Modder
Respected User
Donor
Jan 27, 2017
the best solution would be a proper load/save screen by the dev, with all the buttons mapped to all functions, normally to be found in such a screen
key mapping should be an addition or android users without a keyboard would have problems

3.00 star(s) 51 Votes