Skyrim Patreon mods

5.00 star(s) 1 Vote

Xazz

Jun 14, 2017
Not really. They only changed the compiler used to build the 64-bit version of Skyrim from VS 2015 to VS 2019, so I doubt that there's much improvement engine-wise for the switch 2015/2019 upgrade.
The reason for the upgrade is most likely due to Microsoft wanting to streamline Skyrim with XBox Live (VS 2017 which means VS 2015 Skyrim is "incompatible"). I am told that there are other ways to do circumvent this whole issue, so it's clear that Microsoft don't give a damn about Skyrim's modding community.
We'll see this guy was optimistic about it

But yeah the hole VS19 is totally bs, other games use a workaround but microsoft enforced it on their studios i guess

Kisakushi

Mar 4, 2020
The AE update is just annoying.
Now there's going to be another LE/SE clusterfuck :
- AE breaks SKSE
- mods in SE won't work in AE
- newer mods are going to be made in AE, and will be AE-exclusive
- having to wait years before most SE mods get ported over to AE
- SE mods that have been abandoned won't ever be ported over to AE

Fuck Microsoft. Fuck Bethesda. Fuck Todd Howard. Fuck this slimy money-grubbing industry.
In my view, the mod community has already been dead even before AE release and there is only money-grabbing community left now. Though Bethesda is the culprit for this without any doubt, but those modders are not innocent at all. Both of them just treat mod as a tool to make money now and I don't see any essential difference between Creation Club and Patreon mods. So even the community dead, I won't feel any sympathy for it.

Hadley

Sep 18, 2017
The AE update is just annoying.
Now there's going to be another LE/SE clusterfuck :
- AE breaks SKSE
- mods in SE won't work in AE
- newer mods are going to be made in AE, and will be AE-exclusive
- having to wait years before most SE mods get ported over to AE
- SE mods that have been abandoned won't ever be ported over to AE

Fuck Microsoft. Fuck Bethesda. Fuck Todd Howard. Fuck this slimy money-grubbing industry.
There is no reason to use the new EXE. You can use all the new Content with the old EXE and still use all Mods.

And there is no "AE". SE = AE. The only thing that changes was the Compiler was updated and the EXE changed. All SE Mods (except SKSE) work in AE and the other way around.

Oct 15, 2018
In my view, the mod community has already been dead even before AE release and there is only money-grabbing community left now. Though Bethesda is the culprit for this without any doubt, but those modders are not innocent at all. Both of them just treat mod as a tool to make money now and I don't see any essential difference between Creation Club and Patreon mods. So even the community dead, I won't feel any sympathy for it.
yes , most of the modders who are stayed for now are slowly changing from free mod at first to pay walled later , they will throw you a bait , let you going into their zone then said if you want more you must pay money , they treat skyrim as a tool for making money , most good and quality modders I know are now left the game or remove theirs account , only a few modder which is new but very skilled continued to support the community but they are mostly outfit-maker

Kraos

Jan 8, 2018
Warning!!! If you use OStim, DON'T UPDATE OSA.
The new update seems to stop OStim from functioning well and may also have an anti-piracy system (if you have OStim installed apparently).
This also made the OStim author go on a Hiatus.

Last edited:
  • Yay, new update!
Reactions: Xazz
Feb 28, 2021
There is no reason to use the new EXE. You can use all the new Content with the old EXE and still use all Mods.

And there is no "AE". SE = AE. The only thing that changes was the Compiler was updated and the EXE changed. All SE Mods (except SKSE) work in AE and the other way around.
The problem here is that most of the mods I use use SKSE, and the newer versions of those mods will eventually become AE-exclusive, if the LE/SE thing is of any indication. Especially since the performance boost is apparently quite significant.

Kraos

Jan 8, 2018
Good that guy was making money off some other's person work.
Well, the author of OSA, Ceo initialled endorsed OStim and apparently Sairon, OStim's author even tried to share the profit.
Also, Ceo also has his own Patreon now.
The only reason anyone will still use OSA was because of OStim. Even if he didn't like OStim using his assets, the reasonable thing will be to look for a compromise and not make the only addon to your previously dead mod incompatible.

Aug 10, 2019
lol wut, these boys literally choking Osex rn, nevertheless, I thought it was alike to retardshit from FNIS author, who instaled verification of legal copy of Skyrim.

vty9000

Sep 30, 2021
I think CEO is not very happy with the fact that OStim creators paywalled their mod and asking for money for their work with CEO stuff being a part of all this.
On the other hand, it’s the same as if SLAL author was showing such warnings in his mod MCM only because some of SLAL packs are behind a paywall.
The whole situation being kinda awkward really.

Tariam

May 15, 2021
Only morons think downloading a free mod is pirating. Plus someone on r/skyrimmods subreddit decompiled the anti piracy papyrus script and it's literally looking for the presence of OStim and any script instances of it so this is a scummy move on CE0 part.
Also I've checked CE0's discord serve and it's filled with yes men and anyone who voiced disagreement with his action is immediately dogpiled. We all know too well that this move is to simply to get on those patreon money train.

I think CEO is not very happy with the fact that OStim creators paywalled their mod and asking for money for their work with CEO stuff being a part of all this.
On the other hand, it’s the same as if SLAL author was showing such warnings in his mod MCM only because some of SLAL packs are behind a paywall.
The whole situation being kinda awkward really.
Ultimately a lot of those paywalled mods eventually get released into the public later. As much as I hate how heavily monetized modding scenes has become, having something released to the public eventually is way better than pretending to support certain creator just so that they can release their mods on patreon only, which in turn make it a transaction for goods (mods in this case) and not a donation.

• Angry
Reactions: Xazz

Nsein

Mar 4, 2018
Not exactly patreon, but someone would happen to have Noxtella from Schaken mods?

osculim

Aug 21, 2019
Anyone got this by any chance ?

Olivier Martial arts v1.0 SkySA v1.9 SE version

5.00 star(s) 1 Vote