5.00 star(s) 3 Votes

juanito

Jun 19, 2017
Does anyone have this follower (Fetri El):
It was on nexus but it was deleted

May 16, 2023
Does anyone have this follower (Fetri El):
It was on nexus but it was deleted
LOL Is that guy still alive? I thought he was already in oblivion after so much hate for allegedly stealing assets for his mods ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Reactions: juanito

MrFreyZ

Sep 20, 2023
Hi, I want to let you know that Pandora, the new engine that will replace Nemesis and FNIS, is now compatible with ZAZ 8 animations and more. For those who need a faster and more stable engine, like me, with over 116k animations and Nemesis simply exploding when trying to generate them, with Pandora, you just press a button, and it supports everything: creatures, magic, and more. On the Nexus page, I made a program to manually patch them, but it’s no longer necessary—just install it from the original creator, and you’re good to go. Thank you, guys! You also helped me identify the error, along with many others. I’m grateful from the bottom of my heart. Now, back to making animations—I’ll start creating my own animations in Blender, obviously for SL and Ostim. See you around!
Its really a non professional way he is setting the default installation folder.
People not using MO2 or Vortex are going to throw an executable and a bunch of Dlls in <Skyrim>\Data folder.
Furthermore we have no idea of the identity of this Pandora author or his programming/modding experience.

hentaibon

Feb 17, 2019
Its really a non professional way he is setting the default installation folder.
People not using MO2 or Vortex are going to throw an executable and a bunch of Dlls in <Skyrim>\Data folder.
Furthermore we have no idea of the identity of this Pandora author or his programming/modding experience.
Who the fuck is not using mo2 or vortex? And the code is public

Jan 29, 2021
Can't answer for that dude and will answer for myself: I don't like the idea of running everything through MO (the game, bodyslide, CK, xEdit, etc). I don't see it as a convenience. Also, launching the game via MO is slower than the standard method (yes, yes, I'm happy for you who have powerful pc's and don't feel the difference). The only advantage of MO that I see is that the mods are in separate folders and easy to delete, but the disadvantages outweigh this advantage (personally for me)

Nov 27, 2019
Hi, I want to let you know that Pandora, the new engine that will replace Nemesis and FNIS, is now compatible with ZAZ 8 animations and more. For those who need a faster and more stable engine, like me, with over 116k animations and Nemesis simply exploding when trying to generate them, with Pandora, you just press a button, and it supports everything: creatures, magic, and more. On the Nexus page, I made a program to manually patch them, but it’s no longer necessary—just install it from the original creator, and you’re good to go. Thank you, guys! You also helped me identify the error, along with many others. I’m grateful from the bottom of my heart. Now, back to making animations—I’ll start creating my own animations in Blender, obviously for SL and Ostim. See you around!
Good news.

One must add though, that Pandora cannot fully replace Nemesis yet.
Yes, it's not in Beta anymore and yes, it is faster. But Pandora also won't show you how its process is handled, and it's as easy to use as Nemesis is...since you just press a button for each after selecting your patches.

I went back on Nemesis for now...for the reason as said before, that Nemesis shows me what's being done, and warns me if there are issues with my animations/folders/files.

When there's an important error with Nemesis, it won't either generate behaviors, or deploy. And it'll tell you exactly what file/animation/behavior is causing the issue, which you can track down.

With Pandora, all I see is "engine launched". Whether something works or not, it doesn't tell me anything.
And I dislike being in the dark.

All in all, i encourage people not to seek "ease", but "usefulness". The same goes for BFCO vs MCO.
If something works for you, don't jump on the next wagon just yet. Consider the lows and ups first.

IWantUrMods

Aug 31, 2023
Good news.

One must add though, that Pandora cannot fully replace Nemesis yet.
Yes, it's not in Beta anymore and yes, it is faster. But Pandora also won't show you how its process is handled, and it's as easy to use as Nemesis is...since you just press a button for each after selecting your patches.

I went back on Nemesis for now...for the reason as said before, that Nemesis shows me what's being done, and warns me if there are issues with my animations/folders/files.

When there's an important error with Nemesis, it won't either generate behaviors, or deploy. And it'll tell you exactly what file/animation/behavior is causing the issue, which you can track down.

With Pandora, all I see is "engine launched". Whether something works or not, it doesn't tell me anything.
And I dislike being in the dark.

All in all, i encourage people not to seek "ease", but "usefulness". The same goes for BFCO vs MCO.
If something works for you, don't jump on the next wagon just yet. Consider the lows and ups first.
Exactly. With pandora you have to troubleshoot yourself and it's just not worth it for me when I have around 1000 mods.
Nemesis takes like 5 minutes in total to update the engine and process the anywhere from 27000 to 35000 animations I have depending on which ostim animations I'm using.
Pandora will probably be the better pick in the future though, once more features are implemented. And I see why people using a lot of animations on an older pc would go for it instead.

telomere12

Dec 2, 2020
I use nmm for skyrim still, mo2 for fo4. I understand skyrim pretty well, enough to solve my problems by myself, so using a less sophisticated mod manager doesn't put me out much. I'm liking mo2 for fo4 tho, that game is such a pain in the ass, and mo2 does a good amount of heavy lifting for me, and lets me keep my desktop clean. otherwise though, they're all the same. they put mods in your game and then you play it. mo2 has a lot of bells and whistles that take the place of modding experience, while nmm basically says "figure it out, good luck." I think nmm its much better for beginners specifically because it wont hold your hand much. you have to learn things the hard way, and that, for me at least, better reinforces the lessons you learn. vortex confused me tho, that shit was greek

Reactions: Astved

yunan01

Sep 17, 2020
Would anyone happen to have this? before it was taken down?

Feb 16, 2024
Can't answer for that dude and will answer for myself: I don't like the idea of running everything through MO (the game, bodyslide, CK, xEdit, etc). I don't see it as a convenience. Also, launching the game via MO is slower than the standard method (yes, yes, I'm happy for you who have powerful pc's and don't feel the difference). The only advantage of MO that I see is that the mods are in separate folders and easy to delete, but the disadvantages outweigh this advantage (personally for me)
I can think of no pros of installing mods directly, you're basically just setting yourself up for failure and so many inevitable problems down the line and with no room for error or solutions without deleting and reinstalling everything. Good luck.:rolleyes:

Nami Sama

Jan 25, 2018
yup, I can say MO2 is pretty convenient for me, I mean it leaves your game folder alone
the only weakness of NMM is your game folder has to be on the same drive disk with your mod folder, while Mo2 doesn't mind that

5.00 star(s) 3 Votes