Skyrim Patreon mods

5.00 star(s) 3 Votes

HE_CAXAP

Oct 28, 2019
Can't answer for that dude and will answer for myself: I don't like the idea of running everything through MO (the game, bodyslide, CK, xEdit, etc). I don't see it as a convenience. Also, launching the game via MO is slower than the standard method (yes, yes, I'm happy for you who have powerful pc's and don't feel the difference). The only advantage of MO that I see is that the mods are in separate folders and easy to delete, but the disadvantages outweigh this advantage (personally for me)
My skyrim via MO2 starting up slower too
And I have now, if I remember correctly, about 1400+ mods in the build I'd go crazy fixing bugs or reinstalling mods by simply copying them into the Data folder

Jan 29, 2021
I can think of no pros of installing mods directly, you're basically just setting yourself up for failure and so many inevitable problems down the line and with no room for error or solutions without deleting and reinstalling everything. Good luck.:rolleyes:
It depends on the mods installed and their number. In my case, I don't have a bunch of “complex” mods (that contain a bunch of files), and I don't have hundreds of mods at all.

• Haha
Reactions: piratkopiering
Sep 7, 2018
It depends on the mods installed and their number. In my case, I don't have a bunch of “complex” mods (that contain a bunch of files), and I don't have hundreds of mods at all.
Even a smaller amount of mods can make use of MO2. I was very glad BG3 finally got to work through MO2. That garbage mod thing before was a royal pain. And I only used maybe 20 mods for BG3.
The slow thing amuses me though. That's a new one. But I guess I don't have a potato either so maybe it is slower.

Another advantage: re-install windows or get a new rig? My portable MO2 setup is ready to run fully modded Skyrim with around 900 or so mods in a few minutes! :LOL: All you need is the time to copy it over and grab Skyrim from Steam (or elsewhere :devilish:).

Imagine having to redo the whole thing yourself in a new setup every time? UGH.

Reactions: LostxWarlock

Wayward|Wind

Nov 9, 2023
can someone post the latest dint hairpack links???
thanks.
do you have the bdor hair pack?
You can find these on kemono. They are old posts that get updated when new versions are released. The latest versions available (as seen on the author's Discord) are here.
BDOr pack:
Hair pack 02:

Wayward|Wind

Nov 9, 2023
Another advantage: re-install windows or get a new rig? My portable MO2 setup is ready to run fully modded Skyrim with around 900 or so mods in a few minutes! :LOL: All you need is the time to copy it over and grab Skyrim from Steam (or elsewhere :devilish:).

Imagine having to redo the whole thing yourself in a new setup every time? UGH.
MO2 is not necessary to accomplish this. For example, you can do this with NMM by copying these 4 folders to the target computer. You must install and run Skyrim at least once first so all the necessary registry entries are created.
  • game folder: \steam\steamapps\common\skyrim
  • mods managed by NMM: \[Nexus Mod Manager folder name]\Skyrim
  • load order: \Users\[username]\AppData\Local\Skyrim
  • settings and saves: \Users\[username]\Documents\My Games\Skyrim

Sep 7, 2018
MO2 is not necessary to accomplish this. For example, you can do this with NMM by copying these 4 folders to the target computer. You must install and run Skyrim at least once first so all the necessary registry entries are created.
  • game folder: \steam\steamapps\common\skyrim
  • mods managed by NMM: \[Nexus Mod Manager folder name]\Skyrim
  • load order: \Users\[username]\AppData\Local\Skyrim
  • settings and saves: \Users\[username]\Documents\My Games\Skyrim
AppData, seriously? That is one thing that needs to die. I hate it when stuff jams things in AppData. :LOL:

Anyway, MO2 portable is simpler. Copy over your Mo2 folder. Install or copy over Skyrim. (If installing new, slap SKSE in there.) Done. :cool: MO2 portable even remembers all your apps and things you set up. Like DYNDOLOD, SSEDIT, Bodyslide, etc.

Of course in the end it's what you're used to. But MO2 is absolutely superior to ... anything else actually. I haven't encountered anything better yet. It's not perfect by any means but certainly better than other mod managers.

Some of it's issues are.... not always displaying proper load order. Sometimes it won't work with script extenders (had this occur in FO4 actually), and some other issues. But even for smaller mod load orders like in BG3 it is a HUGE headache remover. Some of those BG3 mods really clutter the game folder.

telomere12

Dec 2, 2020
AppData, seriously? That is one thing that needs to die. I hate it when stuff jams things in AppData. :LOL:

Anyway, MO2 portable is simpler. Copy over your Mo2 folder. Install or copy over Skyrim. (If installing new, slap SKSE in there.) Done. :cool: MO2 portable even remembers all your apps and things you set up. Like DYNDOLOD, SSEDIT, Bodyslide, etc.

Of course in the end it's what you're used to. But MO2 is absolutely superior to ... anything else actually. I haven't encountered anything better yet. It's not perfect by any means but certainly better than other mod managers.

Some of it's issues are.... not always displaying proper load order. Sometimes it won't work with script extenders (had this occur in FO4 actually), and some other issues. But even for smaller mod load orders like in BG3 it is a HUGE headache remover. Some of those BG3 mods really clutter the game folder.
another reason not to use mo2 is how much it rustles the jimmies of mo2 users lmao, i swear yall get like 50 bucks whenever you shill. these mod managers all do the same thing: put mods in game you play. theyre for ease of use. and if someone doesnt give a shit about that ease of use, are they really suffering? mo2 has more shortcuts than at least nmm, idk about vortex cause I never used it. the mod manager discussion is so fuckin lame, it always boils down to the same rhetoric. "mo2 better" "who cares?" "NO! MO2 BETTER!"
but seriously, who cares? does your game work? can you download and install new mods? then the mod manager does its job. nahmeen?

Yurei

Aug 6, 2017
The question isn't about who cares but which manager is more easy for some users.

NMM is clearly outdated. Normally nobody should use it now. Only very very experimented user should do it because these users will know which mods should overwrites others ones without making a mess in their installation folder.

Vortex, is the easy version. A user normal will probably use it. This manager will do the job and will be easy specially for new player starting mods. (great for managing collection in one click if the user want just an easy installation for playing skyrim with mods without having headache)

Mod organizer could be seems complex at first but for sure is the most advanced for the gestion of the mods and all things over this (profil, save, folder, virtual folder etc). There is even an addon for collection on nexusmods. Usually a user of mo2 isn't looking for collection because he/she manage his/her mods. This mod manager is often used by creator content/experimented users/users who don't care about collection/translators.

Some new player use nmm because they aren't informed correctly about actual modding. So if someone is suggesting to use an another mod manager, it's the good things.

After about which is best between vortex/mo2, it's the user who will choose how much the mod manager fit to him/her and his facility to use it.

My personnal taste go to mo 2 because i started with it from the beginning (specially with skyrim LE and mod organizer 1 when nmm was still alive), but personnaly if people want to play with vortex, they are free to do. They will learn modding with a pretty friendly manager and well it's not a bad things.

So to resume, nmm is outadted and shouldn't be used. After vortex or mo 2, iIt's a matter of taste and convenience for the user.

5.00 star(s) 3 Votes