4.60 star(s) 41 Votes

nomannoname

Oct 12, 2017
before the first start of the game (exe) you need to go into the properties of the file. Then press unlock, then ok. After that, the game will always run without any problems
All games with the exe extension are initially locked. It does not mean that there is a virus there
I'm not a retard, it was a signature problem, or something else underlying, I wouldn't trust it if I were you

Daxter250

Forum Fanatic
Sep 17, 2017
I'm using virustotal, which uses a whole range of engines
no wonder...
virustotal is NOT an alternative for a real anti virus program, it's just useful to be on the safe site if you have the feeling, a file is fishy yet the AV doesn't say a thing about it.
virustotal itself is not an AV, it's just a scanner.

nomannoname

Oct 12, 2017
no wonder...
virustotal is NOT an alternative for a real anti virus program, it's just useful to be on the safe site if you have the feeling, a file is fishy yet the AV doesn't say a thing about it.
virustotal itself is not an AV, it's just a scanner.
It's a scanner that uses many different engines, therefore it does the same any other real antivirus does, as it keeps the same virus definitions, again I'm not saying there is anything wrong with the file, but it's strange he only was willing to upload the exe file and not the swf (which would've been easy to check inside), and the signature was flagged by one that did not flag any of the previous releases, could be a false positive but I still wouldn't take the chance

Edit: I have just downloaded the original files from the patreon myself to check those, came up with the same invalid signature error, so I'm guessing it's fine and the creator just messed up.. So no worries

Daxter250

Forum Fanatic
Sep 17, 2017
It's a scanner that uses many different engines, therefore it does the same any other real antivirus does, as it keeps the same virus definitions, again I'm not saying there is anything wrong with the file, but it's strange he only was willing to upload the exe file and not the swf (which would've been easy to check inside), and the signature was flagged by one that did not flag any of the previous releases, could be a false positive but I still wouldn't take the chance

Edit: I have just downloaded the original files from the patreon myself to check those, came up with the same invalid signature error, so I'm guessing it's fine and the creator just messed up.. So no worries
and that's the problem. a good AV is not only a scanner, it prevents attacks before they happen. a scanner just tells ya that you got infested... or not. and an online scanner is just... not that practical. they use a lot of different AVs as a scanner source which means, false positives and similar stuff occur way more often.

but you are right about being suspicious when you only get an exe file. an AV can check the exe file out, yet it always gives oneself a strange feeling in the stomach.

johndoe1545

Resident Head-Patters
Donor
May 5, 2017
part 3 v1.8 is here... hope he finish it faster and release a full ver

nicktrocado

Mar 8, 2017
I extracted the swf from the .exe in the OP, so people on linux (and others) can play it, you just need a flash player

loldobngs69

Jul 23, 2017
Does anyone understand his numbering system, why was 1.8 a 'minor' update released before the 'major' update 1.01?

Kackfresse

Oct 29, 2017
Can someone tell me what the author try to say by '' Platform Poll '' ?
Hey guys and gals, thanks for the words of encouragement and pats on the back for finishing off SLOG.

Now that's out of the way I've started work on this new Unity game, and wanted to know:

Are you interested in playing these games on Android?

Or do you prefer to play on PC/Mac ?

Yeah, I really want to play on Android

Kinda interested

Not interested

4.60 star(s) 41 Votes