Seinov

Jun 13, 2024
Wow, i miei complimenti ("my praises"). (y)
Once, I also tried to do something like that, but I gave up soon. Try to put the whole Sleepy's work in a "logical" order can only lead you to the mental asylum, because there's not a real "logical order" in it - or at least, not always. Probably Sleepy himself made some chronological error or plots incongruity without to notice it, so we have to take what comes as it comes. It's part of the game in following this particular author.

Last edited:

- Nafany -

Dec 2, 2023
Wow, i miei complimenti ("my praises"). (y)
Once, I also tried to do something like that, but I gave up soon. Try to put the whole Sleepy's work in a "logical" order can only lead you to the mental asylum, because there's not a real "logical order" in it - or at least, not always. Probably Sleepy himself made some chronological error or plots incongruity without to notice it, so we have to take what comes as it comes. It's part of the game in following this particular author.
A conversation with 1 of the users of this forum helped him create these files
Only the events of the main SleepyGimp universe are presented here.
Enjoy

summary.png timeline_updated.png

Last edited:

Reach866

Dec 21, 2023
Reactions: Curious Scarlet

Kacap

Apr 24, 2024
I think it's better to delete the first file, since it contains an error. The events of “Through the Looking Glass” took place in the summer, on June 23. But not for Easter.
Impressive.
For all timelines, etc. I'm wondering how much time and effort does it take to grabhag data, valdate, etc.
Impressive; )

Reactions: Seinov

Seinov

Jun 13, 2024
Impressive. For all timelines, etc. I'm wondering how much time and effort does it take to grabhag data, valdate, etc.
I was about to write the same: impressive. An applause to those who made it. Perhaps neither Sleepy himself puts so much efforts into ensuring the coherence of the various timelines in his works (see e.g. school days during summer). But this has not to be seen as a flaw or a leak of attention. When an author has a good idea, it has not to be limited by absolute coherence with his previous operas.
For instance, I found NANCY'S DAY OFF a fantastic issue as it is, without caring about the "weirdness" to have school in the summer - as probably SG cares not too.
To put every single detail of his work in a "linear" way is just an our little divertissement - and has to be nothing more than this.;)

Reach866

Dec 21, 2023
To put every single detail of his work in a "linear" way is just an our little divertissement - and has to be nothing more than this.;)
I continue to believe that Sleepy planned all the dates carefully, there should be no inconsistencies. Otherwise he wouldn’t constantly indicate these little clues like dates on postcards, in Evie’s phone, etc. And newspaper clippings that would provide directions for data collection.
And yes, studying in the summer at some universities exists, I do not consider this a flaw. I personally studied in the summer and took exams at the end of July. I think so far everything is logical in Sleepy’s time frame.

Reactions: Seinov

Seinov

Jun 13, 2024
I continue to believe that Sleepy planned all the dates carefully, there should be no inconsistencies. Otherwise he wouldn’t constantly indicate these little clues like dates on postcards, in Evie’s phone, etc. And newspaper clippings that would provide directions for data collection.
It can be, Reach866. Surely you right about the passion of SG for clues concerning dates and places...Just, I would like that each story could be placed immediatly in the correct position of the main timeline, without I have to squeeze my poor little brain to do this by catching a sea of "hidden" clues (but we all know that this is part of the Sleepy's style). ;)

Last edited:
Reactions: Reach866

Kacap

Apr 24, 2024
Changing the topic.
Am I the only one who feels like there's something wrong with the last story of Country Girl? Especially with the faces?
It looks, at least to me, as fan made.
Storyline is ok, but...

- Nafany -

Dec 2, 2023
Changing the topic.
Am I the only one who feels like there's something wrong with the last story of Country Girl? Especially with the faces?
It looks, at least to me, as fan made.
Storyline is ok, but...
Well, absolutely! Has Sleepy been drawing since 2016, like?
The drawing has changed several times.
In my opinion, the best drawing was at the time of "Nancy Templeton - Through the looking Glass"
The drawing there is generally awesome for my taste.
Now, most likely due to the speed of the layout, Sleepy has hit the deadline.

Maybe the fans have been helping Sleepy for such a long time because of the deadlines? Who knows...
I think there are enough artists among his official fans to take over some of the work.

Last edited:
Oct 23, 2022
Question for everyone would you prefer if Sleepygimp released new pages of the same comic every week like manga rather than waiting a month for new pages of your favourite comic

Kacap

Apr 24, 2024
For me, his current way of work is the way which works for him. And second thing. At the moment he provides something for many groups of fans. I can't image 2 years of ... family values without Nancy ;).

Reactions: NoRefund

Seinov

Jun 13, 2024
Has Sleepy been drawing since 2016, like? The drawing has changed several times. [...]
Now, most likely due to the speed of the layout, Sleepy has hit the deadline. Maybe the fans have been helping Sleepy for such a long time because of the deadlines? Who knows...
It is possible that Sleepy has his own personal staff. Many comic artists have one. It's rare to find a "complete" author, that means to be equally skilled in each component of a comic:
- Subject
- Screenplay
- Pencils
- Inks
- Colors
- Lettering

Moreover, speaking about pencils, usually the main drafter makes faces and bodies, and the rest is made by unknown (to us) helpers. Once the main drafter has inked the picture, normally no one notices the difference of style of the backgrounds. When the style seems a little different than usual, it could be due to short editorial delivery times. (Anyhow I still have to see that new story of Country Girl, so I cannot judge the drawings.)

Reactions: azzyggun

Seinov

Jun 13, 2024
Sleepy mentioned quite often that there are several people involved in the production, I counted at least 5 people who help with text editing, inking, animation, etc.
At least five? Diamine! ("Heck!") o_O
Then we could assume that behind the signature "Sleepygimp" it works a wide team of artists united in a project bigger than it looks.
However it is, I must say that the result is one of the best combinations between text and image I've ever seen in adult comics. (y)

Reactions: Reach866

law5121

Nov 14, 2021
It is possible that Sleepy has his own personal staff. Many comic artists have one. It's rare to find a "complete" author, that means to be equally skilled in each component of a comic:
- Subject
- Screenplay
- Pencils
- Inks
- Colors
- Lettering

Moreover, speaking about pencils, usually the main drafter makes faces and bodies, and the rest is made by unknown (to us) helpers. Once the main drafter has inked the picture, normally no one notices the difference of style of the backgrounds. When the style seems a little different than usual, it could be due to short editorial delivery times. (Anyhow I still have to see that new story of Country Girl, so I cannot judge the drawings.)
Only one that i know that does it all is Stejpan Sejic (Sunstone, Crimson AH, ETC)

Reactions: Kylar Stern
Oct 23, 2022
I dont mean to sound incensitive to those without money but i only reaslised that to get latest pages its only $10 dollars a month. ive been paying $24 for the longest time not nowing this. Now i dont usually suggest this but at $10 dollars now would be a good time to sub. Just my opinion might be incensivtive to those who dont have money, but as you like the art suppourt the artist if you can. Id leak them but id get banned again for the 3rd time.

5.00 star(s) 2 Votes