4.10 star(s) 10 Votes

Teddybear91

Apr 5, 2019
This is the second update that I've downloaded but can't seem to open the game. Something about OpenGL not accelerating. To be honest, I'm not sure what that means as I've never encountered that error before this game. Any solutions? Or am I destined to not play this game?:(:ROFLMAO:

papel

Game Developer
Sep 2, 2018
This is the second update that I've downloaded but can't seem to open the game. Something about OpenGL not accelerating. To be honest, I'm not sure what that means as I've never encountered that error before this game. Any solutions? Or am I destined to not play this game?:(:ROFLMAO:
Try opening the game with GZdoom instead? Kinda hard to troubleshoot without a screenshot or full error message

Andvand

Feb 5, 2019
What?! How? This game has been in development for about a year, and is comparable to a hobby project in scope. How can they run out of funds. How much expenses do you have?

"That said, I've been absolutely floored by the last weekend. I never thought SLOOTER would get this much attention. So, a big thank you to everyone who recently discovered or bought the game."

Slooter got more attention than you anticipated. Great, now you should have some extra funds.

:
"All in all, things are looking good. We have some new level designers on board and every remaining map has someone working on it. Enjoy the update!"

Everything seems fine.

"I don't know how to handle these slow periods, but I just wanted to let you know the project isn't dead."
" I know adult projects have a reputation for being abandoned early into development or using early access to make a quick buck. I could reassure you by telling you I'm not one of those devs"

Dev, it's been less than one month without updates. Chill.

"I wish I had better news for you. I can no longer afford to develop SLOOTER. My traffic has dried up over the last few months and recent updates have been unable to bring it back."

You just got the 0.20 version out the door which is a big deal. Take a break, and get another job if you can't make ends meet with Slooter development and work on it when you are able as a hobby project. I don't know how much money you're spending on map makers, voice actresses and artists, but apparently too much, so cut back on expenses. What have you done to drop costs down to levels you can manage? Have you tried making the maps yourself? Do you actually need custom music? Get some advice from an experienced manager, you're essentially running a small software business here with multiple subcontractors. Before you give up, what exactly have you tried doing to keep this project running? A couple of months seems like a very quick decision. At my smaller company, two months is about enough time to go from project kick-off to start of development.

I'm making this post because I care about this game. It's a doom total conversion that's fun to play and I'd like to see it succeed. Seeing abandoned games on this site collecting thousands of dollars every month from patreon pisses me off. This game had comparably frequent updates early on, so I had high hopes for it. Try to get smaller updates out more frequently (two weeks to a month at most), that should steer traffic towards the project and keep you afloat. Of course traffic's going to dry up if you don't release an update in two months. You need frequent updates to keep a project like this in the spotlight. Running a project is hard, there's going to be difficult times.

sammo905

Jun 28, 2018
no idea if the dev comes here or not if you truly care that much you might want to email them

bitsybobs3

Ultimate Torrent Dude
Donor
Jun 13, 2021
Slooter-0.20
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.
rpdl torrents are unaffiliated with both F95Zone and the developer of this game.
If you run into issues please use this thread or join us on !

We're crowdfunded, !​

Jan 31, 2022
What?! How? This game has been in development for about a year, and is comparable to a hobby project in scope. How can they run out of funds. How much expenses do you have?

"That said, I've been absolutely floored by the last weekend. I never thought SLOOTER would get this much attention. So, a big thank you to everyone who recently discovered or bought the game."

Slooter got more attention than you anticipated. Great, now you should have some extra funds.

:
"All in all, things are looking good. We have some new level designers on board and every remaining map has someone working on it. Enjoy the update!"

Everything seems fine.

"I don't know how to handle these slow periods, but I just wanted to let you know the project isn't dead."
" I know adult projects have a reputation for being abandoned early into development or using early access to make a quick buck. I could reassure you by telling you I'm not one of those devs"

Dev, it's been less than one month without updates. Chill.

"I wish I had better news for you. I can no longer afford to develop SLOOTER. My traffic has dried up over the last few months and recent updates have been unable to bring it back."

You just got the 0.20 version out the door which is a big deal. Take a break, and get another job if you can't make ends meet with Slooter development and work on it when you are able as a hobby project. I don't know how much money you're spending on map makers, voice actresses and artists, but apparently too much, so cut back on expenses. What have you done to drop costs down to levels you can manage? Have you tried making the maps yourself? Do you actually need custom music? Get some advice from an experienced manager, you're essentially running a small software business here with multiple subcontractors. Before you give up, what exactly have you tried doing to keep this project running? A couple of months seems like a very quick decision. At my smaller company, two months is about enough time to go from project kick-off to start of development.

I'm making this post because I care about this game. It's a doom total conversion that's fun to play and I'd like to see it succeed. Seeing abandoned games on this site collecting thousands of dollars every month from patreon pisses me off. This game had comparably frequent updates early on, so I had high hopes for it. Try to get smaller updates out more frequently (two weeks to a month at most), that should steer traffic towards the project and keep you afloat. Of course traffic's going to dry up if you don't release an update in two months. You need frequent updates to keep a project like this in the spotlight. Running a project is hard, there's going to be difficult times.
Based on their update notes alone they were banking on this to be their sole income, which.... if you are an indy dev and you are banking on your first title to make you a liveable income you need to wake up, but yeah. It's also why devs abandon projects and make new ones, they get that initial kick of revenue and then it tapers off and they expect the initial bump to be the recurring income but uh... y'all devs need to take an economics night course.

4.10 star(s) 10 Votes