jballermoney

Sep 23, 2020
I can't create some of the infectulons (specifically infesters, minders, etc). Is that because they aren't in the game yet or am I just missing something?

The Anax

Game Developer
Oct 24, 2017
I can't create some of the infectulons (specifically infesters, minders, etc). Is that because they aren't in the game yet or am I just missing something?
They are random when you mate with Alora, but also how high a female's transformation level is T1 - T5) will depend on which units are randomly selected out of the powerful units. So it's RNG and you also need to be converting the women. Essentially the game, if somebody is playing game mode, is having to juggle between converting the women but also being able to produce enough units and strong enough units to survive.

mars112358

Game Developer
Jan 3, 2019
They are random when you mate with Alora, but also how high a female's transformation level is T1 - T5) will depend on which units are randomly selected out of the powerful units. So it's RNG and you also need to be converting the women. Essentially the game, if somebody is playing game mode, is having to juggle between converting the women but also being able to produce enough units and strong enough units to survive.
So to follow up on Anax's message here right now, infester can be breed at T1, Killers at T2, Minders at T3 and Indoctinators at T4/T5. At each tier listed above the new unit gets added with equal chance of spawning from breeding with Alora, so at tier N women have a 100% (technically just 97% as there is 3% chance you get a hybrid instead) chance of clone but once you get them to T2 it bcomes 50% chance of getting a clone and 50% chance of getting a investor.

muschi26

Engaged Member
Jun 22, 2019
Noticed a few things pertaining to game balance, which I don’t know if they’re intended or not. Namely, a lot of units seem to be much weaker than expected, especially against the classes they’re supposed to counter. (I play on medium difficulty; I don’t know if that actually changes anything.)
  • Hunters are supposed to be the counter to snipers, but a hunter is not strong enough to kill a sniper by itself.
  • Heavy hybrids are supposed to be strong against tacticians, but get absolutely eviscerated by them.
  • Ditto for hybrid flyers vs. sharpshooters.
  • All three hybrids are said to have no weakness, but they still take comparable amounts of damage to other units. They don’t even have nearly the toughness of a killer, for instance.
  • A jumper is strong enough to deal with an explorer, but a jumped isn’t.
  • Similarly, a clone can deal with a launcher, but a cloned can’t.
  • On the subject of the jumped, their passive trait by which excess jumpers “resurrect” them makes them very bad. Not only is the jumped a weaker unit than the jumper, which makes this a bad tradeoff no matter what, but if your jumped dies in the first place, that means it’s in a bad matchup, so it’s only going to die again. Every time I’ve had to send out a jumped and it didn’t immediately win and end combat for the day, it might win one fight (if the enemy was already wounded), then die repeatedly on the next one, completely using up my stock of jumpers.

Reactions: The Anax

The Anax

Game Developer
Oct 24, 2017
muschi26 - Yeah, you're just ahead of the game! lol The final release will be me looking at all the balance of units and battle phase. There is still a lot of work to do like adding and upgrade system and more, but I appreciate the report anyway.

StephanieD

Jan 16, 2023
Hello...I have some questions.

1. When you click the Prison Chamber icon
it shows a list of people you can play including two
locked characters Janice Reeves and Amelia Williams.

But Janice Reeves and Amelia Williams are unplayable
characters since it appears they cannot be unlocked, because
I have all 6 girls in the Harem Chamber and
Reeves and Williams are not unlocked, yet
both Reeves and Williams under the Progress Chamber
Icon are featured with Conversion Status icons.

So why have them with conversion status icons
and have them appear as unlockable characters
if they really can never be played? That's my first question.

2. Also what is the point of pregnancies and pumping out
monsters? If I go to the Barracks Chamber Icon and view the monsters it shows
I have 114 Sporer and 135 slug etc. It looks like the goal is not to get a
certain amount of monsters to which starts the actual fight in a war with the humans
but it's just an endless screen of pregnancies, so you never actually use the monsters
to fight the humans at all? I don't get that either. That's my second question.

If I am wrong then please correct me on any of this, because now that
the original cast of females are turned and in the harem chamber
it doesn't look like there is anything else to do in the game?

I noticed muschi26 said: Every time I’ve had to send out a jumped and it didn’t immediately win and end combat for the day, it might win one fight (if the enemy was already wounded), then die repeatedly on the next one, completely using up my stock of jumpers.

I'm not sure what that user is referring to as the game does not allow me to battle with the monsters, if I click the
Icon " "End Day - End your day and face the humans in battle" no battle happens, I'm simply ushered to the next
day which is now on Day 325

Last edited:

The Anax

Game Developer
Oct 24, 2017
StephanieD -

1. It's so the few people that find this game (but do not know much Anaxverse lore at all) can know their basic backgrounds. Even in the original release with only Justine, three years ago, you could read about each of them so as to help people that have not played all my other projects over the last 8 - 9 years. Amelia's full content is currently at my $10 tier as of this post, and in a week from today will hit the $5 tier. Janice will be the final woman.

2. You must have chosen "Story Mode" when you ended your first day. Essentially, at the end of the first day, you are given a message that you can either choose Story Mode or Game Mode. Story mode is just that, you play only reading. You do not have battles or even have to worry about making units (basically thinking of the breeding chamber as just another sexy, squicky chamber like the rest). However, if one chooses Game Mode, then at the end of each day, you DO have to fight (as seen in the thumbnails on the main post). With the game nearing completion, I am going to be spending more time balancing the units, including adding upgrade systems and more, so preemptively, I want to set the expectation with you that Battle Phase is currently imbalanced, but this is the nature of playing alpha versions of games.

You are not wrong, the game is not marked "Complete" because it is still in development and this is just Early Access.

StephanieD

Jan 16, 2023
Quote: 2. You must have chosen "Story Mode" when you ended your first day. Essentially, at the end of the first day, you are given a message that you can either choose Story Mode or Game Mode. Story mode is just that, you play only reading. You do not have battles or even have to worry about making units (basically thinking of the breeding chamber as just another sexy, squicky chamber like the rest). However, if one chooses Game Mode, then at the end of each day, you DO have to fight (as seen in the thumbnails on the main post). With the game nearing completion, I am going to be spending more time balancing the units, including adding upgrade systems and more, so preemptively, I want to set the expectation with you that Battle Phase is currently imbalanced, but this is the nature of playing alpha versions of games.

Crap ........you're right I clicked the wrong mode. I guess there is no way to change the mode after picking "story mode"?
That's gonna suck to have to try to convert all those ladies all over again.

The Anax

Game Developer
Oct 24, 2017
Crap you're right I clicked the wrong mode. I guess there is no way to change the mode after picking "story mode"?
That's gonna suck to have to try to convert all those ladies all over again.
There may be a way, I have a fan that helps me with programming. He and another fan programmed all this for me, but if you go to the there might be just an easy flip switch for you to turn a mode on or off.

StephanieD

Jan 16, 2023
There may be a way, I have a fan that helps me with programming. He and another fan programmed all this for me, but if you go to the there might be just an easy flip switch for you to turn a mode on or off.

Any idea which file I upload? There is a lot of white files in the folders

The Anax

Game Developer
Oct 24, 2017
Any idea which file I upload? There is a lot of white files in the folders
C:\Users\Owner\AppData\Roaming\RenPy\

That is where literally all your Renpy save games from all your games are. Look for an SBC folder. And within it will be all your saved games. Just I guess throw the last one you saved based on looking at the times on the saves, into that online editor. I am honestly surprised you never used it before. It can make a game fit your style of "fun" much easier since you can edit so many variables on Renpy and RPG Maker games. Anyway, there you go.

StephanieD

Jan 16, 2023
The only thing I could find was this, but it may not be the correct files

PICTURE.JPG

It's lists of stuff like seen_labels > rose_breeding_t5_spider 1/0 1seen_labels > rose_breeding_t5_start 1/0 1seen_labels > rose_eye 1/0 1

But no way to edit or change anything, not even sure what any of that stuff is.

Picture 2.JPG

I'll just have to play the game through from the beginning again, oh well. Thanks anyway

The Anax

Game Developer
Oct 24, 2017
No problem! I wsh I could be more help. Usually, I just drag the file like your save there into it. And then it puts out all the variables. Like, and again, programming is WAY over my head, but I see this in the variables:

1683321511250.png

I know it's called Battle Phase so I did a FIND in Chrome and it found these two. Not sure if that top one is right, but maybe if it was a 1, then you'd do battles every day. Who knows? Anyway, that was the best I could do for you.

Master of Puppets

Conversation Conqueror
Oct 5, 2017
I never touch a save editor, much easier to just use the console. To enable the battles, you should enter
if_battle = "yes"
, to disable them if_battle = "no" should do it. You can search for "Renpy console" to figure out how to use the console.

mars112358

Game Developer
Jan 3, 2019
Programmer for this project here, Master of Puppets is correct in that the variable to change it if_battle and if you want fights it should = "yes" but since you are at day 325 I would suggest starting from scratch since the way enemy units are deployed you will be stuck fighting just the base enemy unit which might not be that interesting.

Tumai

Sep 1, 2019
muschi26 - Yeah, you're just ahead of the game! lol The final release will be me looking at all the balance of units and battle phase. There is still a lot of work to do like adding and upgrade system and more, but I appreciate the report anyway.
If you need to reduce the number of unit types to balance/streamline the game properly, I wouldn't hesitate to do that. I appreciate the dedication but you have more unit types than AAA games dedicated only to combat do. For example, our overmind has more units than the Zerg overmind has in Starcraft (and there are more human types than the Terran), it's actually a bit of a challenge to memorize them all.

The Anax

Game Developer
Oct 24, 2017
If you need to reduce the number of unit types to balance/streamline the game properly, I wouldn't hesitate to do that. I appreciate the dedication but you have more unit types than AAA games dedicated only to combat do. For example, our overmind has more units than the Zerg overmind has in Starcraft (and there are more human types than the Terran), it's actually a bit of a challenge to memorize them all.
Yeah, for those that do not do my novels/do not know as much lore, I added that the hexagons will turn green, red, or stay blue. So that way you do not have to memorize anything. Nowadays on Battle Phase, you can just always pick whatever is green or avoid red. But, I will not be removing any units. I am vaguely familiar with Starcraft, but also, it's a totally different game, and if I ever make one of my Faction games that is like that, each faction would have less creatures anyway. Still, thanks for the feedback!

Leo D. Marstone

Nov 2, 2017
Stumbled over the game again and am intruiged about the game now as I was back then.
The tags are right my alley and watching the intro from the first page I also saw pregnancy despite not listed as a tag.
Good stuff.

If I remember correctly only the redhead (Justine?) was playable but not fully corruptable....I guess this was some years ago xD

Reading just the last two pages of the thread the game came a long way and now only 2 girls are left to be corrupted (actually one if you count amelia? behind patreon for now)

Guess I will throw myself at the game again.

Godspeed and luck in the future development Anax

Reactions: The Anax
3.70 star(s) 11 Votes