VaSSis

Feb 14, 2018
Sory, dont know how to make a quote here

Hello. We'd like to say sorry for staying silent most of the time, but this month life has been particularly hard on members of our team. But we haven't stopped working on the project once.
We'd also like to present you a progress bar which will be updated once or twice a week (or maybe more often) which will inform you about our development progress on each update as well as some other version-specific things.

I'd also like to tell you some info about how much time each development stage approximately consumes:

• Art: The most time-expensive stage, takes most of the time. Currently our least efficient link, in the development process.
  • Script: Usually takes 2 or 3 weeks, but sometimes a bit more.
  • Code: Depends on the complexity of tasks set for each update. If most are easy, takes about 2 weeks.
  • Translation: Is one of the final stages, starts only after the script is finished. Usually takes about 3 days.
  • Alpha test: The final stage, only lasts a couple of days, but if huge bugs are discovered, take much longer.
  • Release: The most pleasant part of development, shows how good the update is.
And now about 0.12, we might be a bit late, but there's not a lot of work left to do. We would like to again apologize for the lack of information.

Yours respectfully,
Shadow Portal team.

bacchusplateau

May 23, 2017
Sory, dont know how to make a quote here

Hello. We'd like to say sorry for staying silent most of the time, but this month life has been particularly hard on members of our team. But we haven't stopped working on the project once.
We'd also like to present you a progress bar which will be updated once or twice a week (or maybe more often) which will inform you about our development progress on each update as well as some other version-specific things.

I'd also like to tell you some info about how much time each development stage approximately consumes:

• Art: The most time-expensive stage, takes most of the time. Currently our least efficient link, in the development process.
  • Script: Usually takes 2 or 3 weeks, but sometimes a bit more.
  • Code: Depends on the complexity of tasks set for each update. If most are easy, takes about 2 weeks.
  • Translation: Is one of the final stages, starts only after the script is finished. Usually takes about 3 days.
  • Alpha test: The final stage, only lasts a couple of days, but if huge bugs are discovered, take much longer.
  • Release: The most pleasant part of development, shows how good the update is.
And now about 0.12, we might be a bit late, but there's not a lot of work left to do. We would like to again apologize for the lack of information.

Yours respectfully,
Shadow Portal team.
To make a Quote: When you open up a window to post a comment, at the top you will see a '+' symbol. Click on that and choose 'Quote'. But what I think you mean is that you don't know how to make a Spoiler. The steps are exactly the same except you choose 'Spoiler' instead. Thanks for the game!

VaSSis

Feb 14, 2018

Hello everybody! How are you doing? We hope everything's great for you, and want to inform you that we are still working on the update, and right now (just as always) we are behind on the artwork. Work on the script is already over and work on translations is about to start.
The testing has already started too, though we can't quite test everything since artwork isn't ready yet, so we will have to do another batch of tests eventually, but in the meantime we will be able to fix other bugs we find.

Yours respectfully,
Shadow Portal team.

Fredone

Jul 28, 2018
It's far from complete but this demo is one of my favorite.
I hope we 'll see more soon and i'd like to find another game as this one, but i didn't manage to find one that give me the same feeling as for now.
Sorry if you don't understand me very well, I'm not a native english/american speaker.

Bushwacker101

Dec 21, 2017
Was hoping for more interaction with the zerg this update. I had to stop my pledge due to the long wait and little content.

The Anax

Game Developer
Oct 24, 2017
@Bushwacker- I did the same. As you know, I create squicky games like this too (Slugs and Bugs) and if I can crank out content as fast as I do, and my projects are so much bigger than this, then I had to drop my patronage because they are not creating at a level worth investing in... at least for now. I'll repatron as I see if they are actually trying to earn their keep or just screwing around for money.

Anonymous Void

Jul 3, 2017
Its taking an awful long time for being "not a lot of work left to do"... And it's strange that they apologize for lack of info instead of actually putting out info that is useful.

Reactions: SomeoneX22

FarmerI

Mar 25, 2018
Why 2-3 months for 1 update?almost 3 months from last update wow,why dont make update every month like others devs,this game is ren-py so is easy to make

Reactions: Pumpen
3.60 star(s) 67 Votes