Alex991

Sep 2, 2016
In case many have not realised yet, these dev's like many others on Patreon are only here to make a quick buck.

Alex991

Sep 2, 2016
If you want new updates out quicker support the developers on patreon.
I would like to apologise in advance if my reply offends you, I assure you it isn't my intent.

I would like to begin by saying that your statement is invalid.
These guys are earning almost $1700 p/m, yet are still not able to push out decent sized updates for the amount of time it takes them.
So what makes you think my (or anybody else's) donations will increase development speed?

I'd also like to mention these dev's are still working on their previous game "Camelot".
If you look at the history of many western erotic games you'll quickly notice an emerging pattern, that the vast majority of dev's have 2 or more projects running simultaneously.
This works in their favour when they don't meet deadlines. A simple excuse for their patrons "Oh we're very sorry but we were working on another project for you guys, we hope you understand these things take a lot of time. We don't want to give you guys a game full of bugs and minimal content!!"

Funny thing is that most people will fall for these type of things and not realise how these type of dev's make a fool out of them.

The Anax

Game Developer
Oct 24, 2017
I am currently working on two projects as well, but that is why I post weekly 'Progress Reports'. People can actually hear what I am doing every week and why one thing might take an extra week or two to finish. I cannot always promise monthly updates (though generally, that is my goal and achievement), but I absolutely can 100% promise bi-monthly. And Patreon is my only income. I WISH I made as much as these guys do, but I also create my own characters and lore, instead of hijacking pre-existant. Anyway, each to their own, but if these guys notice their patronage slipping, they might want to focus on the project the people flocked to the for, rather than the other one. A lesson I should think about to, since my new project debuts in Sept. If my Patronage exponentially jumps, it might b a good idea to spend more time focusing on the Unity title than the interactive novels I am known for. Hmm... food for thought.

SoulFoZoid

Game Developer
Aug 26, 2017
And this is how abandoned or rushed ending games are made. See a pattern? Now it's bonkers to finish a game that the majority of patreons are leaving in groups. But lets not forget that devs usually drive themselves in that corner to begin with. Dangling that sweet carrot on a stick is not healthy in the long run.

Alex991

Sep 2, 2016
And this is how abandoned or rushed ending games are made. See a pattern? Now it's bonkers to finish a game that the majority of patreons are leaving in groups. But lets not forget that devs usually drive themselves in that corner to begin with. Dangling that sweet carrot on a stick is not healthy in the long run.
Unfortunately many many dev's have a single track mind and see only one thing. The money. Nothing more.
Many will take numerous months to push out an update only for it to contain around 5 - 10 minutes worth of content.
Many many good projects with a lot of potential have met an untimely end because of the same mentality demonstrated by "The Anax".
Everybody is happily jumping on the Patreon bandwagon in the hopes of making a good few bucks, but very few of them actually have a clue how to succeed.

The Anax

Game Developer
Oct 24, 2017
Unfortunately many many dev's have a single track mind and see only one thing. The money. Nothing more.
Many will take numerous months to push out an update only for it to contain around 5 - 10 minutes worth of content.
Many many good projects with a lot of potential have met an untimely end because of the same mentality demonstrated by "The Anax".
Everybody is happily jumping on the Patreon bandwagon in the hopes of making a good few bucks, but very few of them actually have a clue how to succeed.
Yeah exactly! That's why I always try and deliver. I make a paltry amount compared to some of these others (even though Patreon is my only income), but at least with me, my mentality, as you say, you know I am going to deliver hearty updates of value- and on time. I do wish others took this things as seriously as I do. If someone is doing it for a hobby, then by all means, take all the time you want. But if one makes promises and is earning money for it, well, that's a different story! Speaking of which, I need to update Cereborg to the new free release on here...

Mchammer22

Jul 30, 2017
SlutCraft: Heat of the Sperm [ver0.12] (Patrons only 10$)

Hello our dear patrons! Thank you so much for your patience! We are finally ready to present you another update of our game. SlutCraft: Heat of the sperm [ver0.12], as we've already mentioned before focuses mainly on the story plot. In this update you will find answers to the many questions that you might've accumulated playing the previous updates.

We've also finally decided on another matter, it being a sort of new character - Mistress, we hope you like how she came out. We've spent a lot of time on her and are finally satisfied with her. We won't annoy you with a wall of text, so you can enjoy the new update! We'd be happy to hear your opinions about this version!

Download links:
For Win/Linux:

For Mac:

Android:
[coming soon]

So, what's been added or changed?

Continuation of the main storyline;
Continuation of side-stories;
New character: Mistress;
Bug fixes.
We know we've released this update much later than we anticipated and promised, so we are planning to release the next update this September. Thank you for staying with us! We really value that!

With regards,
Shadow Portal team.

3.60 star(s) 67 Votes