joblo9394

Jul 4, 2017
At this point it's really just harassment. The dev already knows a number of you dislike post transformation, but that was the direction the game went and has been on for a while. It's not even like it is a shock at this point that the new content is post transformation. I liked the original look to, but at this point you can only just either learn to enjoy it or move on. It is obviusly not changing and complaining every time the dev post an update helps no one. At least the dev takes the time to post public updates here most don't.

bobbytables

Mar 9, 2019
At this point it's really just harassment. The dev already knows a number of you dislike post transformation, but that was the direction the game went and has been on for a while. It's not even like it is a shock at this point that the new content is post transformation. I liked the original look to, but at this point you can only just either learn to enjoy it or move on. It is obviusly not changing and complaining every time the dev post an update helps no one. At least the dev takes the time to post public updates here most don't.
are you calling multiple people sharing grievances with a game developer "harassment"? You need to reevaluate what that word means. No one is threatening families or doxxing developers here. Literally just game complaints on a public thread about the game.

Russian orc

Mar 20, 2021
are you calling multiple people sharing grievances with a game developer "harassment"? You need to reevaluate what that word means. No one is threatening families or doxxing developers here. Literally just game complaints on a public thread about the game.
If you think about it, what is the meaning of these "complaints" at all? It's one thing to complain about optimization, errors or delays with updates, but it's quite another to "timely" declare that the game, in their opinion, is moving in the wrong direction. Well, what will it change? Good morning, guys, you woke up in the middle of the plot.

Reactions: joblo9394

joblo9394

Jul 4, 2017
Saying it the is one thing but the developer has already stated there not going to change it. They have already heard you and you know it now what are you trying to accomplish by repeating the same thing? It is not a sudden change that was made by the intended direction the game was going to go all along based on the source character.

and by the way

harassment

noun
  1. aggressive pressure or intimidation.
    "they face daily harassment and assault on the streets"
pressure

verb

1. attempt to persuade or coerce (someone) into doing something.
    "it might now be possible to pressure him into resigning"

What you all are doing those fall into harassment. Saying it is one thing but the continued reiteration verbal insults and facepalms (as if they mean anything), after serve only one purpose. To try to pressure the dev into doing what you want.

bobbytables

Mar 9, 2019
Saying it the is one thing but the developer has already stated there not going to change it. They have already heard you and you know it now what are you trying to accomplish by repeating the same thing? It is not a sudden change that was made by the intended direction the game was going to go all along based on the source character.

and by the way

harassment

noun
  1. aggressive pressure or intimidation.
    "they face daily harassment and assault on the streets"
pressure

verb

1. attempt to persuade or coerce (someone) into doing something.
    "it might now be possible to pressure him into resigning"

What you all are doing those fall into harassment. Saying it is one thing but the continued reiteration verbal insults and facepalms (as if they mean anything), after serve only one purpose. To try to pressure the dev into doing what you want.
Yikes dude, do you work for the company or something? also you missed the part where it wasn't aggressive pressure, right now it's one comment from me like maybe once a month lmao. You'd have to be mental to consider that aggressive. Also there were zero personal insults aimed at the dev lol but nice try.

joblo9394

Jul 4, 2017
Yikes dude, do you work for the company or something? also you missed the part where it wasn't aggressive pressure, right now it's one comment from me like maybe once a month lmao. You'd have to be mental to consider that aggressive. Also there were zero personal insults aimed at the dev lol but nice try.
I've been around way longer then Shadow Portal, and hardly post in this thread. I have never posted on there Patreon, discord, or twitter. Where are you getting this notion that I work for them? As you said you come back "once a month" to say to the dev to make a change the dev has already said they are not going to make. That's just you and what you do. Your not even the only one to keep beating this dead horse. This is why so many devs eventually start ignoring fans.

As the saying goes "pick and chose your battles". Instead of harping on something that the dev has already made it clear they are not going to change. What if something else comes up that you wanted to tell the dev your opinion about. At the worst they would have already blacklisted you, and at the best they would already be ignoring you.

My post is not even about you per say, but about the action that is not just done by you. A single drop of water may not seam like much but if you get enough together. It becomes a flood. The same notion behind where I said it was "harassment" the actions alone may not mean much, but it's the actions added together over time. Both yours and others that changes the end result.

You see is my words defending the dev, but it's not just about the dev. It is also about the voice of the fans. This site needs to be, and should be a place where both devs, and players are both free to, and are comfortable discussing the games, and providing constructive criticism. But that takes both sides to do it.

I'm not saying to not complain. I'm not saying to not point out faults. (both within reason) I'm not saying you have to be happy with what the dev did. All I am saying is at this point no good will or is coming from harping on the post transformation. it is what it is.

The dev already has a direction there going in perhaps once they finish there planed content they would be more open to talks on doing something different if there is enough support, but if you keep going at it as you are now they will be more likely to respond negatively. At least that's what I have garnered in my almost 5 years on this site.

In my opinion, whether it is the path I truly wanted or not. Having a clear path to go down is a strong indication of the possibility of the game eventually coming to an end at some point. There are to many games that always in "abandoned" as either the dev is winging it or the game is "run by the fans" and the problem as I see it with that is people have apposing wants, desires, likes, and dislikes. As the saying goes "you can't pleas everyone". The best games don't have fan control, but have fan influence just as the first is bad. A game that ignores the fans completely is also doomed to failure. Just as "you can't pleas everyone" if you pleas no one you are also doomed to failure. You've been here 3 years you should have an idea of what I'm talking about with the rise and fall of the many games since you joined.

Not a comment necessarily about this game more a general thought about these games overall.

Reactions: Prince Eric

Shadow Portal

SlutCraft, Camelot
Game Developer
Jan 8, 2019
Could you post the changelog?
Changelog:
High priority:

• Trash collection
  • Minigame (trash collection)
  • Splish-splash (Guardian essence)
  • Stuck in wall animation 1
Medium priority:

• Ursadon sprite
  • Pregnant QoB sprite
Low priority:

• Bug fixes
  • Added older scenes (update 28) to the gallery
  • Some small improvements
Added: Mute buttons for music and SFX, it’s an obvious feature, perhaps you have to focus on something else for a moment, reply to a message, dragging bars is rather inconvenient, and we also found ourselves using these buttons a lot.

Added: Enter hotkey to confirm a choice. Also an obvious feature, but adding it late is better than never. This is also a minor improvement to help with Yes/No choice menus, pressing Enter will now be the same as choosing Yes.

Fixed: one of Sarah’s clones somehow survived and closely watched her during the Feeding 2 scene. It goes without saying how weird that looked... and where did these clones even come from...

Fixed: another clone broke free and stalked Sarah when she was satisfying the Zergling’s need. Is this a rebellion?

Fixed: no more fractions in translation progress — only integers, hardcore mode! I don’t think anyone cared about the precision of those numbers anyway, but now the menu will look better!

Fixed: hints now look better. Another change to make the menus look cleaner.

3.60 star(s) 68 Votes