Shadow Portal

SlutCraft, Camelot
Game Developer
Jan 8, 2019
Friends, we know that there are a lot of Russian-speaking fans of our game on F95, so this message is for you. We recently started a page on , where you can find all the latest news in Russian about your favorite game. We are waiting for you there! Link:

Speedy1505

Jul 1, 2018
Shadow Portal
Could you please do something to make old savegames work somehow? Other games get it right - but it's extremely demotivating to start all over again with every update, just because your own savegame doesn't work at all...

It's rather unlikely that you always change the complete gamecode ...

Jul 15, 2022
Shadow Portal
Could you please do something to make old savegames work somehow? Other games get it right - but it's extremely demotivating to start all over again with every update, just because your own savegame doesn't work at all...

There has never been such a thing. For others, you can start with the last scene. He hasn't.

Shadow Portal

SlutCraft, Camelot
Game Developer
Jan 8, 2019
Shadow Portal

I think the issue is probably in using pure python, we use it a lot, somewhat ignoring Ren'Py - the system trigger scene uses just pure python, no Ren'Py scripting. That's probably the main cause. But we aren't just throwing the idea of save compatibility into the trash and might one day fix it. It's hard enough to fix, so we still haven't found a solution. We have to put up with this fact, but we're trying to make more checkpoints for easy loading - another one is coming soon. I also recommend the force skip function, then you'll get to the scene you want faster.

Reactions: CurtisBlaydes

WheresLucifer

Sep 1, 2018
Humans... We need to stop saying "Controls freeze up" "I cant run the collection game please help". For others to be able to help you with the issue, try providing some description what you tries to do and what error you get. Screenshots could also help for others to give you possible solutions. How would you all like someone tell you "TV is broken" with no additional information. Could it be bad remote, dead batteries, no sound output, no screen display, no power, etc.

Have a great day and be safe... (y)

Speedy1505

Jul 1, 2018
I think the issue is probably in using pure python, we use it a lot, somewhat ignoring Ren'Py - the system trigger scene uses just pure python, no Ren'Py scripting. That's probably the main cause. But we aren't just throwing the idea of save compatibility into the trash and might one day fix it. It's hard enough to fix, so we still haven't found a solution. We have to put up with this fact, but we're trying to make more checkpoints for easy loading - another one is coming soon. I also recommend the force skip function, then you'll get to the scene you want faster.
Perhaps an easier to implement idea would be to create an export part. Then you could export the savegame in one version - and import it in a higher one.

3.60 star(s) 68 Votes