Shadow Portal

SlutCraft, Camelot
Game Developer
Jan 8, 2019
The previous version of the game (v0.32, PNG) was considerably larger in disk space. Why is the new version smaller?
We are constantly trying to improve optimization, and our new programmer suggested us some points that can be optimized without loss of quality, even on the contrary improving the game. In this case, most of the space was freed up by optimizing animations, we converted them from PNG sequences to video. This required us to redesign some backend, since animations used to be displayed frame-by-individual-frame. Now, the animations are short videos. And despite the fact that we also added censored versions of some files, the game size is still significantly reduced.

Reactions: changeling

retardo

Sep 17, 2017
Wanted to try this game but i saw a lot of people complaining about the mc "transformation". So, what kind of transformation are we talking about ?
Her hair turns from orange to disgusting dreads, she grows scabs over her nipples and her vagina turns purple like she has blue waffle, and her face contours like she's aged 50 years.
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

retardo

Sep 17, 2017
Also, why are you releasing public versions with gamebreaking bugs? Shouldn't you fix those before release with the patreon version? And why does the new zergling scene reference her pussy when the art clearly shows anal? Did no one catch that either?

Last edited:
Reactions: Nick_Rock90

Johnson2588

Sep 15, 2018
We are constantly trying to improve optimization, and our new programmer suggested us some points that can be optimized without loss of quality, even on the contrary improving the game. In this case, most of the space was freed up by optimizing animations, we converted them from PNG sequences to video. This required us to redesign some backend, since animations used to be displayed frame-by-individual-frame. Now, the animations are short videos. And despite the fact that we also added censored versions of some files, the game size is still significantly reduced.
```
This error in gallery mode

I'm sorry, but an uncaught exception occurred.

While running game code:
File "renpy/common/00start.rpy", line 167, in script
jump expression _in_replay
ScriptError: could not find label 'event_sara_zergling_command_spell.startscene'.

-- Full Traceback ------------------------------------------------------------

Full traceback:
File "renpy/ast.py", line 1974, in execute
rv = renpy.game.script.lookup(target)
File "renpy/script.py", line 927, in lookup
raise ScriptError("could not find label '%s'." % str(original))
ScriptError: could not find label 'event_sara_zergling_command_spell.startscene'.

Windows-10-10.0.17763 AMD64
Ren'Py 7.5.3.22090809
SlutCraft: Heat of the Sperm 0.33
Sat Apr 1 19:19:17 2023
```

Shadow Portal

SlutCraft, Camelot
Game Developer
Jan 8, 2019
```
This error in gallery mode

I'm sorry, but an uncaught exception occurred.

While running game code:

-- Full Traceback ------------------------------------------------------------

Full traceback:
File "renpy/ast.py", line 1974, in execute
rv = renpy.game.script.lookup(target)
File "renpy/script.py", line 927, in lookup
raise ScriptError("could not find label '%s'." % str(original))

Windows-10-10.0.17763 AMD64
Ren'Py 7.5.3.22090809
SlutCraft: Heat of the Sperm 0.33
Sat Apr 1 19:19:17 2023
```
There's a solution:
https://f95zone.to/threads/slutcraft-heat-of-the-sperm-v0-33-shadow-portal.11335/post-10419738

changeling

Donor
Jul 5, 2017
Her hair turns from orange to disgusting dreads, she grows scabs over her nipples and her vagina turns purple like she has blue waffle, and her face contours like she's aged 50 years.
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.
So she is finally transforming... Interesting! I haven't played this game in a while.

Well, we know what she's going to turn into. It's part of Starcraft lore, no surprise there.

I believe that the developer associated the transformation stages with the protagonist's level of corruption. And I think it's interesting to explore that.

Reactions: Shadow Portal

JaszMan

Aug 13, 2018
At the end of the second chapter, Sarah undergoes a mutation in a Chrysalis. But we took the image of the canonical Sarah after the mutation as the basis. So if you like Sarah in canon, you'll like her in our game, too.
awesome, because let's face it Sarah got even more attractive in a demonic alien way when she mutated in "StarCraft". Although she kind of goes evil in StarCraft I loved that she not only got her revenge but a happy ending...kind of with Jim. Even when she went Dark she had a soft spot for Jim. I liked that about her Arc. Even when she went evil she was still in love with Jim she suppressed her feelings to make room for her Revenge. Anyhow Sarah became even more sexy when she transformed.

Back

Aug 3, 2017
Y'know, it's probably been a while since anyone asked this, but how is team doing in the real world over there, Shadow Portal? You guys holding up alright? Y'all safe and sound in Ukraine, relatively speaking, all things considered? I hope everyone on the team, and your friends and loved ones are all safe and are doing okay.

Shadow Portal

SlutCraft, Camelot
Game Developer
Jan 8, 2019
awesome, because let's face it Sarah got even more attractive in a demonic alien way when she mutated in "StarCraft". Although she kind of goes evil in StarCraft I loved that she not only got her revenge but a happy ending...kind of with Jim. Even when she went Dark she had a soft spot for Jim. I liked that about her Arc. Even when she went evil she was still in love with Jim she suppressed her feelings to make room for her Revenge. Anyhow Sarah became even more sexy when she transformed.
We can't not aggree. I too like Sarah in all her forms. Even though I have a thing for redheads.

• Thinking Face
Reactions: JaszMan and asgxxx

Shadow Portal

SlutCraft, Camelot
Game Developer
Jan 8, 2019
Y'know, it's probably been a while since anyone asked this, but how is team doing in the real world over there, Shadow Portal? You guys holding up alright? Y'all safe and sound in Ukraine, relatively speaking, all things considered? I hope everyone on the team, and your friends and loved ones are all safe and are doing okay.
Hi, thanks for the question. Yes, the lives of our team are of utmost importance and we're trying our hardest to solve this issue so we can focus on development, our passion.

Shadow Portal

SlutCraft, Camelot
Game Developer
Jan 8, 2019
Also, why are you releasing public versions with gamebreaking bugs? Shouldn't you fix those before release with the patreon version? And why does the new zergling scene reference her pussy when the art clearly shows anal? Did no one catch that either?
To be fair, this bug is rather mild, because it does not interfere with the main gameplay, it appears only in the gallery, which is why we decided to not immediately publish a hotfix for it. If we find serious bugs interfering with the game, they are fixed immediately. As for the pussy thing, it was a misunderstanding. It all comes from the fact that we write the script to be flexible, in our experience there were many times when we rewrote the script or redrawn a scene because it didn't turn out as it should. Sometimes it's necessary, sometimes it's needed to make the game better. In this case, the original idea was that the sex would be vaginal, but then we decided to change it to anal, but alas, the scriptwriter had health issues at the time of writing and she didn't make the change.
Of course we'll fix that.

retardo

Sep 17, 2017
To be fair, this bug is rather mild, because it does not interfere with the main gameplay, it appears only in the gallery, which is why we decided to not immediately publish a hotfix for it. If we find serious bugs interfering with the game, they are fixed immediately. As for the pussy thing, it was a misunderstanding. It all comes from the fact that we write the script to be flexible, in our experience there were many times when we rewrote the script or redrawn a scene because it didn't turn out as it should. Sometimes it's necessary, sometimes it's needed to make the game better. In this case, the original idea was that the sex would be vaginal, but then we decided to change it to anal, but alas, the scriptwriter had health issues at the time of writing and she didn't make the change.
Of course we'll fix that.
Yeah it should have been vaginal, I don't think there's a single time before that scene where she gets fucked in the ass so the scene doesn't make sense for being in chapter 2. First time anal shouldn't be a throwaway random scene like that.

Shadow Portal

SlutCraft, Camelot
Game Developer
Jan 8, 2019
Hey guys, we're having a vote for the best scene in version 33.

Since the post contains an 18+ picture it's marked as patron-only. But you can tell us here what your favorite scene of the 33rd update is!

Dreztler

May 1, 2018
The asteroid minigame in the later chapters makes this completely unplayable. It's so slow and boring and seems to be required lmfao, not sure who thought that was a good idea but good luck with it.

morphisiusz

Dec 19, 2017
The asteroid minigame in the later chapters makes this completely unplayable. It's so slow and boring and seems to be required lmfao, not sure who thought that was a good idea but good luck with it.
I agree with you. It would be useful to have an option to bypass or speed up the mini-game.

Reactions: pizbia

Shadow Portal

SlutCraft, Camelot
Game Developer
Jan 8, 2019
I agree with you. It would be useful to have an option to bypass or speed up the mini-game.
Thanks for the feedback, we'll work on this issue.

3.60 star(s) 68 Votes