souldead341

Engaged Member
Oct 16, 2017
So, 7.1 seems to be a bit broken for me. I'm only on day 2, focused on Ben and being slutty. After the gym class I get the shower scene, with options to splash water, yell, or pose. Each option freezes the game with the error:
Error processing node "d2_sch_pe_end_pose": : Illegal Invocation
just with the scene name changed to match. Images will change to match what should be happening, but text does not.

This also seems to have completely fucked up saving and loading. I cannot access the browser save / load options anymore. I can do a save to disk, but don't have any of those from before the bug currently since I was using browser saves.

The save issue has persisted through reloading the page the game was on and closing that page out completely, both from the main menu and the bugged scene.

Broken save attached.

Edit: Well, attempting to restart with a new game and it's completely broken. I get that error when selecting newgame. I get the error if I delete the game and re extract the files. I've tried this several times. I've completely restarted my web browser (chrome). Pretty much the only thing I haven't done is restarted my computer or cleared out the browser cache. At this point my guess is that the autosave fucked up somehow and any attempt by the game to delete that is fucked.

Edit 2: OK, clearing the browser cache did fix it. Thankfully I had a cache cleaner extension on hand from other game saves taking to much of chome's reserved memory.

Last edited:
Reactions: L7Bear

shark_inna_hat

Game Developer
Dec 25, 2018
So, 7.1 seems to be a bit broken for me. I'm only on day 2, focused on Ben and being slutty. After the gym class I get the shower scene, with options to splash water, yell, or pose. Each option freezes the game with the error: just with the scene name changed to match. Images will change to match what should be happening, but text does not.

This also seems to have completely fucked up saving and loading. I cannot access the browser save / load options anymore. I can do a save to disk, but don't have any of those from before the bug currently since I was using browser saves.

The save issue has persisted through reloading the page the game was on and closing that page out completely, both from the main menu and the bugged scene.

Broken save attached.

Edit: Well, attempting to restart with a new game and it's completely broken. I get that error when selecting newgame. I get the error if I delete the game and re extract the files. I've tried this several times. I've completely restarted my web browser (chrome). Pretty much the only thing I haven't done is restarted my computer or cleared out the browser cache. At this point my guess is that the autosave fucked up somehow and any attempt by the game to delete that is fucked.

Edit 2: OK, clearing the browser cache did fix it. Thankfully I had a cache cleaner extension on hand from other game saves taking to much of chome's reserved memory.
I was just about to say 'Well, that's how Chrome works, nothing I can do about it, maybe use FF?' but y'know what? This has been bugging me from the very start. While I can't do anything about how your browser stores data and how much shared space it has, but I can try to detect if I'm able to write data, read it back and add a contingency if that fails. So I did.

In the dev branch (availible to supporters as of 5 minutes ago, pls send $$$) , when the game starts it checks if it can write a bunch of text ( 'x'*4096 ) and read it back, if that fails it will display an error and use a temporary variable to store all that would normally go into a save. Autosave and the save-slots-mod will not work in that case, but you can still manually save and load using files. There might be a bit of a problem when the browser runs out of storage space mid game... well, that's how Chrome works, nothing I can do about it, maybe use FF?

Nice shoutout to The Prisoner (I wonder how many got that given how long the show's been off the air). If you are doing British TV from that era, maybe she could have a dream where she is Emma Peel in The Avengers? The real Avengers, not the superhero version.
The Prisoner is at this point as close to lost media as one can get without being lost yet. Last time I've checked it wasn't on any streaming platforms, a release on Blueray is out there but not available in shops, there is 1 (one!) torrent with a few seeds and that's it. I only know of it's existence because of Iron Maiden.

it crashed before I can make a save. I could send you only some automatic saves.
I tried the save and could not reproduce. I'm guessing from the user agent string in the save that you're using FF, so I don't think it's a problem with local storage being all used up. Are the any on-screen errors (black-red box at the top of the page)? Anything written to the dev console (ctrl+shift+i)?

What's the difference in food (cheap, regular, premium)?
Expensive food is more expensive and tastes better, but taste interface is sadly not implemented yet in most browsers.
Day 11/12 (Friday, week 2) is the last playable day for now. Not a bug.

New scenes are HOT. I need a 5th shift at the Soobway.
Already working on it...
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

LTD

Jul 30, 2017
Nice shoutout to The Prisoner (I wonder how many got that given how long the show's been off the air). If you are doing British TV from that era, maybe she could have a dream where she is Emma Peel in The Avengers? The real Avengers, not the superhero version.
Emma Peel! Yes, please!

Reactions: fortunatus

anedwcan

Sep 25, 2017
The Prisoner is at this point as close to lost media as one can get without being lost yet. Last time I've checked it wasn't on any streaming platforms, a release on Blueray is out there but not available in shops, there is 1 (one!) torrent with a few seeds and that's it. I only know of it's existence because of Iron Maiden.
I wouldn't call it "lost media" exactly, not when it took me less than 10 minutes to download all 17 episodes :)

The.Prisoner.1967-1968.Complete.Series.Subs.English+Nordic
magnet:?xt=urn:btih:43ab9a2e3baffd074599e3bfbc73a63690f30cde

souldead341

Engaged Member
Oct 16, 2017
I was just about to say 'Well, that's how Chrome works, nothing I can do about it, maybe use FF?' but y'know what? This has been bugging me from the very start. While I can't do anything about how your browser stores data and how much shared space it has, but I can try to detect if I'm able to write data, read it back and add a contingency if that fails. So I did.
Yeah, I hadn't had that issue recently with other games, so it didn't occur to me to try that as a fix first. It also didn't help that the browser save option showed like 94% save space available (unless I misread it and it was 94% taken).

BladerayW

Dec 1, 2018
Played the update 7.1 OH Yeah!!! My crop top style got in the update and two types of it. I loved the new clothing items and park scenes. Hell I like the whole game.

Reactions: L7Bear

EdgeOfShadow

Sep 24, 2017
Out of curiosity i've checked the site where i watch movies and there it is
As always put on adblocker before going in.

fortunatus

Sep 25, 2020
Nice update, nice scenes, very good update.
The feeling, that there are not enough days to discover all the nice scenes is getting stronger...

Oh, my girl was not able to do another shift in the snack bar after the scene with the last (and hot) outfit.

shark_inna_hat

Game Developer
Dec 25, 2018
Nice update, nice scenes, very good update.
The feeling, that there are not enough days to discover all the nice scenes is getting stronger...

Oh, my girl was not able to do another shift in the snack bar after the scene with the last (and hot) outfit.
Thanks, and yeah, I get that. The next update (0.8) will be just the weekend and there's not much free time there (unless you don't go to the party and didn't send Ben to jail). 0.9 will be again a whole week (or at least 5 days of school) so you'll have opportunities to discover more events during that week.

ray3dave

May 12, 2017
Is it me or does the nice cheat mod work no longer? Does it start working only after a few ingame days???

ray3dave

May 12, 2017
Is it not working at all or just some buttons have no effect? Any errors in the browser console?
It does not respond, the button. Nothing happens.

SOLUTION: Tried it on another browser (edge instead of chrome) and it works! Sorry!

Last edited:
4.50 star(s) 68 Votes