ffive

Forum Fanatic
Jun 19, 2022
but the general consensus is that whores are a bit more suggestive than schoolgirls, not the other way around.
There's a question though, what does this score represent exactly? Because one could argue that a naked whore with lewd bodywriting is less scandalous than a (nearly) naked schoolgirl with the same bodywriting -- for the former it's part of her job; for the latter it's anything but. In which case the scoring would make sense.

In any case, there's a bug with calculation of that score reported not long ago; chances are it's related to this?

madchef

Jan 10, 2020
There's a question though, what does this score represent exactly?
From the game's point of view, this score decides if your MC is depraved enough to wear a particular set of clothes in public, nothing more. In most of the lewd scenes she's depicted as fully nude or wearing specific clothing related to the scene (partially unrobed school uniform, maid uniform, etc). Some areas have an extra 'lewdness' check - for example you can't go to a beach topless or wearing string type swimsuits, even if the MC inner-slut is a mature, experience lady of the night. Which makes one question why these too hot swimsuits are being sold at the mall in the same city which prohibits people from wearing them on their beach.

shark_inna_hat

Game Developer
Dec 25, 2018
The reported bug has probably minimal impact on the smuttiness score. It's off-by-one and the thing that was cut is just a +1/-1 for when the MC has no shirt on (but still has boobs covered).

I'll go over all of the clothes again and check the stats, but there are a lot of them and chances are something gets broken and you may be softlocked in a shop or dressing scene with no valid clothes for your current sluttiness level.

madchef

Jan 10, 2020
The reported bug has probably minimal impact on the smuttiness score. It's off-by-one and the thing that was cut is just a +1/-1 for when the MC has no shirt on (but still has boobs covered).

I'll go over all of the clothes again and check the stats, but there are a lot of them and chances are something gets broken and you may be softlocked in a shop or dressing scene with no valid clothes for your current sluttiness level.
That's what I suggested in my review of the game. In the examples I've shown, the slutty differences are around 9-10 points, and wearing laced panties is considered more improper than not wearing any panties at all or having a vibrator stuck in a naked pussy for all to see.

Also, I feel there are just too many clothes to choose from and the choices of garment don't matter much compared to their variety. Чеховскoe ружьё, if you know what I mean. There are two or more types of harnesses to wear, dozen or so collars, a domina top even, a chastity belt, yet there is very little BDSM / orifice denial / orgasm control content in the game so far to give these clothes their purpose in life. Being able to just wear this kinky gear in public and not much else is a bit pointless.

Nov 15, 2021

I'd say I understand the difficulties of balancing everything but I don't understand programming at all. I think the clothing system is a really cool idea and it works for the most part. It's just more than a few times it feels wrong and it's hard for a player to grasp why you can and can't do certain combos. It's a flaw in a game that's excellent otherwise. Only other one I have is the spelling/grammar mistakes. I'm going to write a review after I've finished the update but just want to say in advance it'll be a very positive one.

shark_inna_hat

Game Developer
Dec 25, 2018
Some people (me included) enjoy a bit of customization, even if it has no practical use. I'm not going to remove clothes just because they have no events associated with them (yet).

The system looks like this:
Each item has a bunch of tags (like 'clothes_top' or 'partial_cover_pussy'), when you put some clothes on, the game goes over all the tags and ads them to one list, removing any duplicates - for example if you have a skirt with 'cover_pussy' and panties with 'cover_pussy', then 'cover_pussy' is on the list, just like if you had just the skirt or just the panties.
The game determines 'exposure' - checks what parts of the body are visible by going over the list from 1. For example if the tag 'partial_cover_boobs' is on the list and 'cover_boobs' is not - the game determines that the characters breasts are partially exposed.
The types of exposure are:
-'pokies' - character nipples are poking through a shirt or top
-'topless' - the character has nothing that is considered normal clothing covering her top (can have a bra, or something else - this does not mean her breasts are exposed)
-'bottomless' - the character has nothing that is considered normal clothing covering her bottom (can have panties, etc)
- pussy - nothing covering the crotch area
- partial pussy - something is covering the crotch area, but not much
- boobs - nothing is covering the chest
- partial boobs - something is covering the chest, but not much
For every type of exposure found the game adds a number to the total sluttiness score:
+1 for 'pokies' (see 2)
+16 fore exposed pussy
+13 for exposed breasts
+5 for partially exposed pussy*
+3 for partially exposed breast*
+2 for 'bottomless' (see 2)
+1 for 'topless' (see 2)
Every piece of clothing can have an additional slut value. For each equipped item the game adds the items slut value to the total sluttiness score. In this system 'noting' is also a thing, so 'no_bra' has a slut value of 2 This is why you can have a higher sluttiness score when wearing just a collar compared to going around nude.
The method of setting a slut value for each item was - 'what I felt like at the moment'. This is why there are so many errors here - if normal panties are 0, lace panties must be 1 and no panties 2... so what's the leg vibrator? +7!?!
This is where it should have ended, but things are never that simple. You wouldn't be able to wear a bikini or a sports outfit until you get the MC quite slutty. Enter 'outfits'.
The game checks for the presents of certain tags (swim_top, swim_bottom, etc) and clamps the values accordingly
Python:
if {'swim_top', 'swim_bottom'} < tag_set:
    slut_stat = min(slut_stat, clamp(((slut_stat+3)*2)//3, 1, 19)) #aaargh!!!
In hindsight - this was a terrible idea. Having some sort of override depending on the situation/location would have been much better (eg. at the beach or during PE the final sluttiness could be cut by 50% as long as MC has her private parts at least a bit covered). A bit late to fix it now :/

madchef

Jan 10, 2020
Some people (me included) enjoy a bit of customization, even if it has no practical use. I'm not going to remove clothes just because they have no events associated with them (yet).

The system looks like this:
Don't get me wrong, the detail you put into the wardrobe system is admirable and variety of clothing is not bad in itself, however the sheer number of elements at play leads to inconsistencies and errors. While I understand that adding kinky accessories to Emily's birthday suit could be perceived as sluttier than not wearing anything at all, I wouldn't consider putting on a pair of laced panties as sluttier than not wearing any. Unless this pair covers front of the crotch only, while the back strings are there only to keep a giant buttplug in place. Yeah, wearing such a pair would justify +10 to overall sluttiness. :sneaky:
Then, there is this peculiar treating of sex toys / accessories as pieces of clothing, which is a bit odd. Nipple rings are equivalent to bras, straps to panties... One harness is an outer garment while another is underwear. It would make more sense to make a separate category for adornments, wearable sex toys and bondage gear.
Plus no footwear options, a serious ommission...

Catspaw

Sep 5, 2018
Much of this is due to the bug with the lewdness calculation I posted earlier. For example, here are the lewdness values for nude and nude but for white lace panties with both the current code and the code with the bug fix applied. 2.PNG 2b.PNG 1.PNG 1b.PNG

Catspaw

Sep 5, 2018
The issue with the current code is that if your outfit has 'pokies' then the calculation works properly. However, if it doesn't then the values are all shifted one place up. So instead of:
For every type of exposure found the game adds a number to the total sluttiness score:
+1 for 'pokies' (see 2)
+16 for exposed pussy
+13 for exposed breasts
+5 for partially exposed pussy*
+3 for partially exposed breast*
+2 for 'bottomless' (see 2)
+1 for 'topless' (see 2)
Instead you get:
+1 for exposed pussy
+16 for exposed breasts
+13 for partially exposed pussy*
+5 for partially exposed breast*
+3 for 'bottomless' (see 2)
+2 for 'topless' (see 2)
+1 (unused)

thinkinghorse

Jan 2, 2022
I love the amount of choices and clothes and my opinion is that bug fixes can wait for now.

Did anyone here play , a game from the early 00's? I can't help but draw comparison as BTVS is stuck in my memory, it was one of my earliest introductions to human sexuality and it's still hard for me to believe that two decades later, I have the opportunity to play something in similar style, but much better, bigger and modern. It was different and yet the concept of roaming around school and banging everyone is similar.

shark_inna_hat

Game Developer
Dec 25, 2018
The issue with the current code is that if your outfit has 'pokies' then the calculation works properly. However, if it doesn't then the values are all shifted one place up. So instead of:

Instead you get:
I didn't realize I fucked up this bad. Big oof.
There's an old meme that say there are only 10 types of people - those who understand binary and those who don't. It turns out there are 11 types of people - those who understand binary, those who don't and those who are off-by-one.

Thx for finding the error, if you want a spot in the credits or a cameo - send me a PM.

madchef

Jan 10, 2020
I don't know whether that's intended, but I noticed you can massively slutify Emily with repeated breast augmentation sessions. Each such session gives +4 to lewdness, costs $200.00 and takes no time at all. Thus, after you've earned $1000 in the Park or Cafe (both scenes are available early in the game), you can increase sluttiness by 20 points in one day. I've just finished one playthrough with 72 or so lewd points.

Reactions: Tanzie and L7Bear

shark_inna_hat

Game Developer
Dec 25, 2018
I don't know whether that's intended, but I noticed you can massively slutify Emily with repeated breast augmentation sessions. Each such session gives +4 to lewdness, costs $200.00 and takes no time at all. Thus, after you've earned $1000 in the Park or Cafe (both scenes are available early in the game), you can increase sluttiness by 20 points in one day. I've just finished one playthrough with 72 or so lewd points.
It will be limited to 20 and take 1 hour starting from the next update.

Reactions: L7Bear and madchef

madchef

Jan 10, 2020
It will be limited to 20 and take 1 hour starting from the next update.
Do you mean 20 sessions or 20 slut points max from boob massages per entire playthrough? I gotta admit that compared to all the scandalous things that Emily can do, breast massage appears too innocent to award her with +4 slut boost per bust manipulation. All this consensual buttfucking in the slums doesn't do that much, not to mention ATM scene in the bus. Apart from clothing, lewdness does not affect Emily's available choices, which makes the corruption progress a lot less challenging. She can pretty much agree to anything, regardless whether her slut status is in single or double digits. Seems like it's the public who have a problem with her wearing (or not) this or that, not her being too shy to engage in slutty activities. It appears as if exhibitionism / clothing fetish is a separate thing in the game, only loosely connected to other aspects of the MCs sexual corruption.

Reactions: Tanzie

shark_inna_hat

Game Developer
Dec 25, 2018
Do you mean 20 sessions or 20 slut points max from boob massages per entire playthrough? I gotta admit that compared to all the scandalous things that Emily can do, breast massage appears too innocent to award her with +4 slut boost per bust manipulation. All this consensual buttfucking in the slums doesn't do that much, not to mention ATM scene in the bus. Apart from clothing, lewdness does not affect Emily's available choices, which makes the corruption progress a lot less challenging. She can pretty much agree to anything, regardless whether her slut status is in single or double digits. Seems like it's the public who have a problem with her wearing (or not) this or that, not her being too shy to engage in slutty activities. It appears as if exhibitionism / clothing fetish is a separate thing in the game, only loosely connected to other aspects of the MCs sexual corruption.
You will get +4 each time, but only until your lewdness is at 20. After reaching 20 it will have no effect apart from the optional sprite switch. This was added initially as a 'soft cheat' for people who want to pump the stats from the beginning but without technically cheating.
I'm not going to lock away fun events behind stats-walls, everyone is free to make the slutty choices no matter what the numbers say, it's um... role-playing, yeah. Optional, user generated, role-playing.

BTW: Super-secret Discord is live, some people got in already, so check BMC if you're a $10 supporter, there should be some button, link, password - I have no idea (alternatively ask for a invite via pm/mail/pigeon)

Reactions: ffive

madchef

Jan 10, 2020
You will get +4 each time, but only until your lewdness is at 20. After reaching 20 it will have no effect apart from the optional sprite switch. This was added initially as a 'soft cheat' for people who want to pump the stats from the beginning but without technically cheating.
I'm not going to lock away fun events behind stats-walls, everyone is free to make the slutty choices no matter what the numbers say, it's um...
Ok, fair enough.

4.50 star(s) 68 Votes