HTML Sluttown USA: Hometown Corruption [v0.37.2] [AmusingOddity]

3.60 star(s) 26 Votes

Billshwr

Feb 17, 2021
Thanks for the heads up. I edited your save to fix it for you.

If you have a save to hand, post it and I'll see if i can track down the issue for you and fix it.

The name of the packs doesn't matter to the extraction process. What matters is the name of the folder inside the packs. Each pack has a folder inside called "Sluttown USA". When you unzip them they make a single folder that has all three packs inside.

I dont, but someone has made compressed versions in the past, maybe they will for this one too. On the plus side, once you have the game down, all you would need to get going forward is the monthly update instead of downloading the whole thing again.
Thank you but I’m still getting the same error message, does anyone else have a save up to the latest update? Preferably with romi private

gnolp

Mar 1, 2021
Is the coding minigame broken again? No matter what i type into there, it always fails. It's not the speed, i literally made a macro to insert the correct text and press enter within a second. Also manually typing correctly always ends in a fail.

AmusingOddity

Game Developer
May 11, 2021
Is the coding minigame broken again? No matter what i type into there, it always fails. It's not the speed, i literally made a macro to insert the correct text and press enter within a second. Also manually typing correctly always ends in a fail.
I can't think why it would be, i haven't touched it recently. I'll give a look at it and see if anything is up.

AmusingOddity

Game Developer
May 11, 2021
Where are the saves located?
I changed my browser and now when I hit load, I get nothing.
Teh sames are tied to the browser. Ope the game in your old browser, load a save, then use the "Save to disk" button. That will let you make a hard save that you can "Load from disk" in any other browser.

troll822

Jun 22, 2017
Teh sames are tied to the browser. Ope the game in your old browser, load a save, then use the "Save to disk" button. That will let you make a hard save that you can "Load from disk" in any other browser.
Oh, crap... I don't have that browser. Oh well.

Kavalor

Jan 29, 2021
Its what the name says - solo paths are independent from each other, the group path depend on each other? The solo path exists because there are enough players who do not like sissyfication and wanted a seperate path.

Reactions: Shadow Song
Jan 18, 2021
Hi
Can someone please share Update only for 0.28 to 0.29. Thanks in advance :)
The links to the updates from 0.28 to 0.29 are still available from . Here they are:
  • Mega:
  • Pixeldrain:
  • There was also a link to Gofile but that file has apparently been deleted.

AmusingOddity

Game Developer
May 11, 2021
I can't start the Eva event; I'm on the mission "Eva: Visit her at work before Gia's shift starts." She's not at the restaurant before Gia's shift. At all times of the day, it shows "Eva Location: Unknown." What did I miss? Can someone help me? English is not my native language.

View attachment 3192910
You seem to have hit a bug. She's still showing up in the bar instead of at the restaurant. I'll look into what caused it. In the mean time, you can visit her at the bar tuesday or thursday night to progress her story.

Reactions: oMatic13

ohhellyea

Jun 7, 2020
no matter what i do i can never get the images to work EVER, it looks like a cool game, but having to download 3 parts separately isn't cool, just make one image pack to dl then have the update seperate

ChurryOp

May 17, 2021
no matter what i do i can never get the images to work EVER, it looks like a cool game, but having to download 3 parts separately isn't cool, just make one image pack to dl then have the update seperate
That can be a problem, but the original split was probably due to the download limitations of the free servers at the time. Even now they sometimes balk on larger files. Having said that, just had to re-download everything because I missed a couple of updates, and noticed that move than a thousand files were duplicated between Pack 1 and Pack 2 (but only about 20 in Pack 3): probably time for the developer to clean up the packs and start leaving the links to at least the three previous updates live on the front page.

Also, for whatever reason, the game won't run in Waterfox (Firefox). Have to use another browser because loading the HTML file gives me a consistent "Gah. Your tab just crashed." message. :cry:

Reactions: RembrandtQ
Jan 18, 2021
No html file, just an "images" folder, am I missing something here?
Did you download all three packs and extract them in the same location as explained in the instructions?

Alternatively, you can also download the upgrade package if you already have the previous version of the game (all three packs from version 0.30). I just checked that the HTML file is correctly included in the upgrade package.

That can be a problem, but the original split was probably due to the download limitations of the free servers at the time. Even now they sometimes balk on larger files. Having said that, just had to re-download everything because I missed a couple of updates, and noticed that move than a thousand files were duplicated between Pack 1 and Pack 2 (but only about 20 in Pack 3): probably time for the developer to clean up the packs and start leaving the links to at least the three previous updates live on the front page.
This was not only a problem with some file servers, but also a problem with some combinations of browsers and operating systems that refused to download any file larger than 2 GB (or they tried to download the file and then crashed). I do not know if this problem is still common today, but back when Sluttown USA was first released, many users complained when they could not download the game.

3.60 star(s) 26 Votes