HTML Sluttown USA: Hometown Corruption [v0.37.2] [AmusingOddity]

3.60 star(s) 26 Votes

Forgotted

Sep 1, 2020
That's fine, I just wish it was optional for those of us who don't like it. Other games have this as an option cause the devs understand that not everyone likes it. I appreciate it when it's an option. But if it's mandatory to do other content it becomes an annoyance.
Agreed,
but I guess at least once you go through it you won't have to deal w them anymore most likely. Heck I haven't been
to the univ in several weeks or needed to deal w anyone else. I just work at the warehouse and deal w the aunt and her kid.
I use the 7 servers to build up charge which is slowly increasing, I'm around 1600 now I think which may not be too much but it's plenty for what I can use it for.

Besides, the aunt is funny.

Cheers

jonk999

Aug 14, 2017
How long does the Elliot thing coming to your office take to trigger?
If I leave him caged up for long enough he's going to come to me. Probably in my office.

Been sitting around in the office writing papers to pass the time and he never comes in.

laegwyn

Mar 20, 2019
That's fine, I just wish it was optional for those of us who don't like it. Other games have this as an option cause the devs understand that not everyone likes it. I appreciate it when it's an option. But if it's mandatory to do other content it becomes an annoyance.
Oh i can fully agree on the optional part but you worded it differently in the first comment (y)

phupdup

Oct 24, 2019
It's about a week. One of the $ellXXX variables is a counter that decrements and then the event triggers when it hits 0.

If I leave him caged up for long enough he's going to come to me. Probably in my office.

Been sitting around in the office writing papers to pass the time and he never comes in.

Troll

Apr 22, 2017
Worst update so far ... non skipable trans content :( and a cocktease add of Xev Bellinger ...

ayyylmaooo

Donor
May 5, 2017
the trans content annoying as fuck, why not make it optional? put hours into the stupid grind only to find out i cant skip the gay stuff

Reactions: Mario4don

AmusingOddity

Game Developer
May 11, 2021
I enjoy this difference between the public and private routes: I like to be able to choose if the MC is mostly a nice guy who is corrupted by too much power, or if he is really rotten at the core and treats other people like trash without showing much empathy.

I enjoy both options as long as they are not mixed. I prefer the MC to behave consistently, so I usually pick all "nice guy" or all "bad guy" options when I (re)play the game, without mixing them.

Yesterday I replayed the two prequels/novels to review the evolution of the MC. I also compared it with what you wrote a few months ago about first prequel:
That's kind of what I'm going for. The game is more about collecting girls into your stable than it is about having a small number of girls with a bunch of paths. So I'm basically going the mass effect paragon/renegade strat for the path choices. The private routes are about gathering girls to yourself, the public routes are going to be more about treating the girls like objects for your goal of recreating the town as a mecca for unbridled sex.
I really hope to see Sarah Vandella content soon
The dean is the main character of the second phase of the game. Its going to be a while before i get to her.

Also I kinda hate that we have to do Elliot's content in order to do Romi's content. that sissy stuff is not something I enjoy.
That's just for this route. Once this route is finished I'm going to break them up and give them individual routes. I also had a really good suggestion on here for doing a route where Elliot is a daughter instead of a son. Again it'll be a while but I do think I'll do something like that down the road.

I discovered more typos and bugs while finishing the Elliot path:
Thanks bud. I'll crack on with these today and get an updated HTML file out later today or tomorrow.

1 week. The text in the guide will change to let you know you've waited long enough.

Worst update so far ... non skipable trans content :( and a cocktease add of Xev Bellinger ...
the trans content annoying as fuck, why not make it optional? put hours into the stupid grind only to find out i cant skip the gay stuff
It is optional. You have the option to not click on those characters. The option is in your ability to make decisions for yourself.

I'll be working on the Xev character again for the next update to add content to that system. I would have liked to get more in for this update but I only have so mush time each month to work on the game.

gregers

Forum Fanatic
Dec 9, 2018
That's kind of what I'm going for. The game is more about collecting girls into your stable than it is about having a small number of girls with a bunch of paths. So I'm basically going the mass effect paragon/renegade strat for the path choices. The private routes are about gathering girls to yourself, the public routes are going to be more about treating the girls like objects for your goal of recreating the town as a mecca for unbridled sex.
May just be me, but every time you describe the private/public distinction I get more confused. My first impression was that it was whether you kept the women (and others) for the MC's personal use only or made them free use. Then a while back you clarified that that wasn't it, but rather whether the affairs are conducted in secret (private) or blatantly (public). Now it's a Mass Effect-like Paragon/Renegade split?

Zabutnik

Dec 31, 2019
The dean is the main character of the second phase of the game. Its going to be a while before i get to her.

That's just for this route. Once this route is finished I'm going to break them up and give them individual routes. I also had a really good suggestion on here for doing a route where Elliot is a daughter instead of a son. Again it'll be a while but I do think I'll do something like that down the road.
Good to hear. I enjoy when bitch characters like her get what's coming to them. And that sounds great. I would personally prefer that route of having Elliot be a daughter and we just corrupt her along with her mom. But I'm also ok with the other route still being there for those who prefer that.

Zabutnik

Dec 31, 2019
I'm glad that's optional too. I tend to be possessive so I would always prefer the private harem route of keeping the women only for myself and no one else touch them.

Reactions: AmusingOddity

AmusingOddity

Game Developer
May 11, 2021
May just be me, but every time you describe the private/public distinction I get more confused. My first impression was that it was whether you kept the women (and others) for the MC's personal use only or made them free use. Then a while back you clarified that that wasn't it, but rather whether the affairs are conducted in secret (private) or blatantly (public). Now it's a Mass Effect-like Paragon/Renegade split?
The Paragon/Renegade thing is more about the MC and how he's going to behave in the routes. Like how much of an asshole is he going to be as he goes about his business.

What I said about how secretive/open the routes are going to be is more about the routes themselves and where the girls are going to end up by the time their arc is finished. Sorry if I was being confusing. Hope that makes it more clear.

Reactions: gregers

gregers

Forum Fanatic
Dec 9, 2018
The Paragon/Renegade thing is more about the MC and how he's going to behave in the routes. Like how much of an asshole is he going to be as he goes about his business.

What I said about how secretive/open the routes are going to be is more about the routes themselves and where the girls are going to end up by the time their arc is finished. Sorry if I was being confusing. Hope that makes it more clear.
Thanks! I expect it'll become clearer as the game develops, if nothing else. But it might be worth adding a sentence or two inside the game about what you take the words 'public' and 'private' to imply, for those of us who still aren't sure.

Potiguaya

Dec 3, 2019
That would be nice.
Maybe make it that aunt Romi has a twin, Elly and Elliot, so we can choose.

Jan 18, 2021
I see two types of reactions here about Elliot:
  1. Complaints about being forced to go through some gay scenes in order to be able to continue with aunt Romi. Personally, I do not mind and I think that those scenes are well written. But I understand that some players may not enjoy watching two males masturbating and one covering the other with his sperm.
  2. Reactions about the forced aspect of the sissification of Elliot. This is very non-consensual and Elliot is constantly reminding the MC that he is not enjoying what is happening to him. You can only play these scenes as a "bad guy", unlike the other characters for which you can choose between a private or public route, or for which the non-consensual aspect is much milder.
The first problem can be fixed easily by having a female version of Elliot. This would also solve a part of the second problem, but solving it completely would also require rewriting the scenes so that the reader could believe that she is not strongly opposed to what is happening to her.

Well, there is also the option of having four different variations of Elliot: male/forced, female/forced, male/willing, female/willing. But that would require a lot of additional writing and game logic, so I do not think that it is a realistic option. Having two versions of Elliot would be sufficient for most players.

Dixon Butz

Apr 8, 2017
I see two types of reactions here about Elliot...
FWIW, there's also a third "reaction" from some of us at least. That we actually enjoy the Elliot content, and are happy with AmusingOddity making the game he wants to make. We're just quiet about it cause there isn't any reason for us to piss and moan.

ayyylmaooo

Donor
May 5, 2017

Thanks bud. I'll crack on with these today and get an updated HTML file out later today or tomorrow.

1 week. The text in the guide will change to let you know you've waited long enough.

It is optional. You have the option to not click on those characters. The option is in your ability to make decisions for yourself.

I'll be working on the Xev character again for the next update to add content to that system. I would have liked to get more in for this update but I only have so mush time each month to work on the game.
it is not optional if i want the aunt

Jan 18, 2021
FWIW, there's also a third "reaction" from some of us at least. That we actually enjoy the Elliot content, and are happy with AmusingOddity making the game he wants to make. We're just quiet about it cause there isn't any reason for us to piss and moan.
I also enjoy the Elliot content, but only when I want the MC to be a bad guy. As I wrote in a previous message, I prefer to play the whole game with the MC as a good guy or the whole game as a bad guy, but not mixing both in the same session.

The scenes with Elliot work well together with the degrading routes for the other victims. That is fun when I want the MC to be a bad guy.

If I am trying to play the MC as a good guy who is corrupted by too much power but still shows some empathy, then the Elliot scenes are sticking out as being "out of character". The scenes with Ronnie are also a bit like that, although in that case it is easier to think that he gets what he deserves.

3.60 star(s) 26 Votes