HTML Sluttown USA: Hometown Corruption [v0.37.2] [AmusingOddity]

3.60 star(s) 26 Votes

phupdup

Oct 24, 2019
You have excellent timing. I've been working on marking up AO's 0.8 drop.

Bad guy? No, I would say that he has an "interesting" moral compass.

I noticed a few bugs in 0.7.1 (bugfix):
  • The previous pages already mention some broken images. I tried to keep track of the paths to the broken images that I saw. In one of the new scenes involving aunt Joanna, I got a broken link to /Images/People/Joan/Story/1/Waiting2.jpg
  • In the same page, I do not understand why "energies" is in quotes instead of "energize":
  • The next page ($hackStory is 10) has a comma that should be removed after "your" :
  • The next paragraph incorrectly uses the name of the player ($name) instead of the name of the hacker ($hack):
  • And then another batch of broken images when the hacker starts to strip, right after the sentence "She springs to her feet and starts to strip.": /Images/People/Hack/Story/1/CamStrip1.jpg, ... until CamStrip5.jpg
  • And again on the next page, the first image at the top is missing: /Images/People/Hack/Story/1/CamStrip6.jpg and a bit further down that page, a video is missing after "Then she starts to dance for you.": /Images/People/Hack/Story/1/Dance1.webm
  • The next page contains several broken videos: /Images/People/Hack/Story/1/Dance2.webm, Dance3.webm, etc.
  • I think that there should be a comma before "troll" in that sentence:
  • And another broken image in that page: /Images/People/Joan/Story/1/JoanTwerk.gif
  • At school, calling Jessica to the office has yet another broken image: /Images/People/Jess/Story/1/Sullen.jpg
  • Another collection of broken images after Jessica has done what she had to do: /Images/People/Jess/Story/1/RonBJ1.jpg, RonBJ2.gif, ..., RonBJ5.gif
  • That same page contains a paragraph that is incorrectly attributed to "You" instead of Jessica: "He has a really weird dick. It's like a pencil covered in skin. Gross! Even when it got hard it wasn't any thicker than my thumb."
  • Next day at school, yet another broken image for Jessica: /Images/People/Jess/Story/1/Angry.jpg
  • And then more broken images in the two paths for Ronnie, and then all dildo scenes, and ... Well, at that point I stopped keeping track of the missing images because there were just too many of them. o_O
  • There is a typo "tares" -> "tears" in that sentence:
  • A variable shows up in this sentence, which should probably have been "$joan's":
  • I don't know how the following sentence was supposed to end, but probably not with "continent". Maybe "convenient"?
  • And in the same page, "her top" appears twice in this sentence:
  • Another sentence in which "$joans" should have been "$joan's":
I really enjoyed the new scenes in this update of the game. Thanks!

Reactions: UnwrappedGodiva

phupdup

Oct 24, 2019
Also for my playtest that I'm about to start, I pulled his ALL download for 0.8 to compare his Images there with what I had been accumulating from versions. It's looking like your broken links that I was also seeing in my accumulated Images are all there. Suggest waiting for the 0.8 drop to post here and then pull the full nearly 2gb download to replace your old Images.

• The previous pages already mention some broken images. I tried to keep track of the paths to the broken images that I saw. In one of the new scenes involving aunt Joanna, I got a broken link to /Images/People/Joan/Story/1/Waiting2.jpg
  • In the same page, I do not understand why "energies" is in quotes instead of "energize":
  • The next page ($hackStory is 10) has a comma that should be removed after "your" :
  • The next paragraph incorrectly uses the name of the player ($name) instead of the name of the hacker ($hack):
  • And then another batch of broken images when the hacker starts to strip, right after the sentence "She springs to her feet and starts to strip.": /Images/People/Hack/Story/1/CamStrip1.jpg, ... until CamStrip5.jpg
  • And again on the next page, the first image at the top is missing: /Images/People/Hack/Story/1/CamStrip6.jpg and a bit further down that page, a video is missing after "Then she starts to dance for you.": /Images/People/Hack/Story/1/Dance1.webm
  • The next page contains several broken videos: /Images/People/Hack/Story/1/Dance2.webm, Dance3.webm, etc.
  • And another broken image in that page: /Images/People/Joan/Story/1/JoanTwerk.gif
  • At school, calling Jessica to the office has yet another broken image: /Images/People/Jess/Story/1/Sullen.jpg
  • Another collection of broken images after Jessica has done what she had to do: /Images/People/Jess/Story/1/RonBJ1.jpg, RonBJ2.gif, ..., RonBJ5.gif
  • That same page contains a paragraph that is incorrectly attributed to "You" instead of Jessica: "He has a really weird dick. It's like a pencil covered in skin. Gross! Even when it got hard it wasn't any thicker than my thumb."
  • Next day at school, yet another broken image for Jessica: /Images/People/Jess/Story/1/Angry.jpg
  • And then more broken images in the two paths for Ronnie, and then all dildo scenes, and ... Well, at that point I stopped keeping track of the missing images because there were just too many of them. o_O
  • A variable shows up in this sentence, which should probably have been "$joan's":
  • I don't know how the following sentence was supposed to end, but probably not with "continent". Maybe "convenient"?

Jan 18, 2021
Also for my playtest that I'm about to start, I pulled his ALL download for 0.8 to compare his Images there with what I had been accumulating from versions. It's looking like your broken links that I was also seeing in my accumulated Images are all there. Suggest waiting for the 0.8 drop to post here and then pull the full nearly 2gb download to replace your old Images.
I think that I applied all upgrades since 0.3: 0.4, 0.5, 0.5 bugfix(2), 0.6, 0.6.1 bugfix, 0.7, 0.7.1 bugfix. If this chain of upgrades does not contain all images, then I hope that the 0.7->0.8 upgrade will include the missing files. My limited internet connection makes it very difficult to download anything larger than 1 GB, so downloading almost 2 GB would be mission impossible (dum, dum, dum-dum-dum, dum, ...).

hvingsomefun

Aug 20, 2018
Stuck with Karlee. Got to the part where she gets the bikini from Abella to do the shoot.. I get busted... now whenever I talk to her it says she "just needs access to sluttier clothes" but I have no idea how to supply that. I have checked Dirty Joes, and I have not been introduced to Abella... any help appreciated...

Last edited:

phupdup

Oct 24, 2019
That's the end of the story for her public route at the moment, and the upcoming 0.8 release won't add anything new to this route. You can use my walkthrough link on the OP if you want to go into the console and then confirm that the value of karleeStory is 15. That's the current end value for her public arc.

Stuck with Karlee. Got to the part where she gets the bikini from Abella to do the shoot.. I get busted... now whenever I talk to her it says she "just needs access to sluttier clothes" but I have no idea how to supply that. I have checked Dirty Joes, and I have not been introduced to Abella... any help appreciated...

hvingsomefun

Aug 20, 2018
That's the end of the story for her public route at the moment, and the upcoming 0.8 release won't add anything new to this route. You can use my walkthrough link on the OP if you want to go into the console and then confirm that the value of karleeStory is 15. That's the current end value for her public arc.
AH, got it. So her private route is longer at the moment. Wish that was made a bit more obvious when making that choice :p

Thank you very much for answering though!

AmusingOddity

Game Developer
May 11, 2021
On another note. Its clear to everyone that MC is a bad guy right?

I thought this was pretty clear from the get-go. I have been more surprised that the MC isn’t behaving worse, on most occasions. He is trying to help some people instead of just turning them all into mindless sluts. I never expected him to try and help the situation between AJ and Alex at all.
He certainly isn’t a good guy, but I expected him to be much worse.
I dont go hard into in in the private routes. Its the public routes where his darkside will show more. Even then, with these early characters he still has a sheen of being the good guy.

Wow! This is really detailed! Thanks you so much! The next update should be out soon, I'll get all this fixed for that.

Thanks again for the feedback and I'm glad you've been enjoying the game.

AmusingOddity

Game Developer
May 11, 2021
AH, got it. So her private route is longer at the moment. Wish that was made a bit more obvious when making that choice :p

Thank you very much for answering though!
That's pretty much always going to be the case. I mention in the gameplan section on the first page that I'm going to finish girls private routes before going on to their public ones. This should get more finished arcs into the game faster.

I only have one update worth of content left to finish Karlee's private. After that when she wins the polls it'll be her public arc I build out.

AmusingOddity

Game Developer
May 11, 2021
I think that I applied all upgrades since 0.3: 0.4, 0.5, 0.5 bugfix(2), 0.6, 0.6.1 bugfix, 0.7, 0.7.1 bugfix. If this chain of upgrades does not contain all images, then I hope that the 0.7->0.8 upgrade will include the missing files. My limited internet connection makes it very difficult to download anything larger than 1 GB, so downloading almost 2 GB would be mission impossible (dum, dum, dum-dum-dum, dum, ...).
I just went looking at this. I think you do have the files I just didn't put them in the right folder. If in your images folder you have folders called "Hack" "Jess" and "Joan" then drag them into the "People" folder to merge them you should be good to go.

I'm re-uploading the 0.7 update folder now but my internet also sucks so it's going to be a bit.

feet and starts to strip.": /Images/People/Hack/Story/1/CamStrip1.jpg, ... until CamStrip5.jpg

If this fixes the issue for you can you let me know. Thanks.

Reactions: UnwrappedGodiva
Jan 18, 2021
I just went looking at this. I think you do have the files I just didn't put them in the right folder. If in your images folder you have folders called "Hack" "Jess" and "Joan" then drag them into the "People" folder to merge them you should be good to go.
(...)
If this fixes the issue for you can you let me know. Thanks.
Thank you! I moved the files from Images/Hack, Images/Jess, and Images/Joan into the corresponding directories inside Images/People/* and suddenly all broken images and videos started showing up. Thanks a lot for this hint! (y)

I did not verify all images, but at least I did not see anything missing from a quick replay of a previously saved game.

EDIT: I also see that I have Images/Sarah/, containing a single image in Images/Sarah/Story/1/1.1.jpg (in which she is wearing a suit and glasses). I assume that I should also move it inside Images/People/Sarah/Story/1/.
So in summary, the following moves can fix the broken images and videos:
  • Images/Hack/ -> Images/People/Hack/
  • Images/Jess/ -> Images/People/Jess/
  • Images/Joan/ -> Images/People/Joan/
  • Images/Sarah/ -> Images/People/Sarah/

Last edited:

phupdup

Oct 24, 2019
Or if you don't have Crapcast or Australian or potato internet, you can just move it out of the way and pull the fresh 0.8 (all) when it drops. Mine also had extra mess because I spot the case sensitive filesystem problems for AO as well while working with alpha quality DLs. This is the first time I threw it aside and started from scratch.

Thank you! I moved the files from Images/Hack, Images/Jess, and Images/Joan into the corresponding directories inside Images/People/* and suddenly all broken images and videos started showing up. Thanks a lot for this hint! (y)

I did not verify all images, but at least I did not see anything missing from a quick replay of a previously saved game.

EDIT: I also see that I have Images/Sarah/, containing a single image in Images/Sarah/Story/1/1.1.jpg (in which she is wearing a suit and glasses). I assume that I should also move it inside Images/People/Sarah/Story/1/.
So in summary, the following moves can fix the broken images and videos:
  • Images/Hack/ -> Images/People/Hack/
  • Images/Jess/ -> Images/People/Jess/
  • Images/Joan/ -> Images/People/Joan/
  • Images/Sarah/ -> Images/People/Sarah/

Shagrynn

Apr 3, 2018
Damn nothing on Elliot/Romi again eh? Nobody ever keeps going on the sissification target character. It gets a bit at the start then zilch.

EDIT- My bad, i was attacked by aliens who want to steal my taint while i was reading the update and missed that part

Last edited:
Reactions: quiett

DonTirri

Jan 9, 2018
Damn nothing on Elliot/Romi again eh? Nobody ever keeps going on the sissification target character. It gets a bit at the start then zilch.
v0.8
- Added 1 new character, Xev. She can be found by walking in the suburbs in the morning after 21 in-game days have passed.
- 12k Words for Xev
- Built the basic frame of a system for earning money with her that starts at the end of her story. Once a week if you post content with her you will gain between 1-3 followers. If you miss a week you will lose 1-2 followers. Each follower pays $3 a week. Over time I will add more content to her and add other girls that operate in the same system.
- 11k words for Romi/Elliot
- Several bug fixes (thank you to everyone that brought these to my attention).
- Fixed bad pathing for the images from the 0.7 update.
- proofread by phupdup and UnwrappedGodiva

Jan 18, 2021
I dont go hard into in in the private routes. Its the public routes where his darkside will show more. Even then, with these early characters he still has a sheen of being the good guy.
I enjoy this difference between the public and private routes: I like to be able to choose if the MC is mostly a nice guy who is corrupted by too much power, or if he is really rotten at the core and treats other people like trash without showing much empathy.

I enjoy both options as long as they are not mixed. I prefer the MC to behave consistently, so I usually pick all "nice guy" or all "bad guy" options when I (re)play the game, without mixing them.

Yesterday I replayed the two prequels/novels to review the evolution of the MC. I also compared it with what you wrote a few months ago about first prequel:
(...) For what its worth the MC being not necessarily likeable is intentional. This is the first of a 3 story arch that sees him go form Nice little nerd boy at the start of this game to "nice guy" by the end. In game 2 he gets a taste of power and starts to abuse it. Then in game 3 he gets a big dose of power and in that game there will be choices that allow you to go full on Piece of shit or to pull back etc.
(...)
(SPOILER ALERT: those who have not read these two novels / prequels yet should stop here and should play them before reading the rest of this message that spoils the endings.)

In the first prequel (To Train Your T-Girl), the MC starts like a nerd but I wouldn't say that he is a nice little nerd. Until a bit before the end of the first half of the story, the MC thinks that he is abusing Ella but he does it anyway. He may be conflicted about it, but he is doing it. We learn later that he was actually making Ella happy (and horny), but until then his behavior is far from the "nice nerd", at least from his point of view. The second half of the story (from Ella's point of view) reveals that everything was fine and explains the happy ending. But if we focus on the first half from the MC's point of view, he shows some empathy but he also shows that he can easily be tempted and become abusive.

In the second prequel (Oh Hyp-no!), the MC is a nice guy most of the time. He is not so not nice with Valentina (neighbor) but she is only getting what she deserves for being an arrogant bitch who is always trying to take advantage of him (side note: as I was replaying the game and I knew that to expect, I named her character ValentinaBitch, which made the story more fun to read). With Viola, he is nice and supportive. He uses the app on her in a way that is more helpful than abusive and he defends her when Jason tries to take advantage of her. As other players have mentioned in the feedback thread, it is only in the last few pages of the game that the MC has a sudden change of attitude and decides that even though he likes Viola, he can get hundreds like her with the app. But apart from that, the MC behaves like a nice guy. So he is rather likeable.

In Sluttown, the MC shows less empathy than in the second prequel but he is not quite a "bad guy" as long as the private route is selected for all characters. I wish that there was a bit more contrast between the different paths that can be chosen for the MC: if I would like him to be a nice guy like in the second prequel, then the first few passages of this game and some of the later passages in which he is using the app could show a bit more empathy and explain that he is somehow still a nice guy but corrupted by too much power. On the other hand, if I prefer the dark side with the MC who treats his victims as disposable objects, then it would be nice if some of the earlier scenes could show that he truly enjoys behaving like a manipulative asshole. I do not know how to do that because most of it should happen before any public/private choices, but it would be nice for the player to be able to choose early in the game if the MC is nice or not.

Spiny Norman

Jul 21, 2021
That's pretty much always going to be the case. I mention in the gameplan section on the first page that I'm going to finish girls private routes before going on to their public ones. This should get more finished arcs into the game faster.

I only have one update worth of content left to finish Karlee's private. After that when she wins the polls it'll be her public arc I build out.
I'm a fan of the public routes. But really enjoy the game either way. Public is worth waiting for. I appreciate that you laid out a gameplan and are sticking to it. Kudos on a great game all around.

Reactions: AmusingOddity

Zabutnik

Dec 31, 2019
Also I kinda hate that we have to do Elliot's content in order to do Romi's content. that sissy stuff is not something I enjoy.

3.60 star(s) 26 Votes