Phantombeast

Feb 6, 2018
I noticed from fresh saves you can't use the shop is it just me or is anyone else having this problem?
Also escape chance does not do as much as before I noticed during the mother's weeding quest that using 7 basically made it near impossible to get caught, but now it seems to happen more often. In addition, corruption speed may be too fast since both parent were at eruption 5 in 2 days. Was this intentional because I did the quest to lower and could not lower it be low 3 because I could not buy healing items to do more in the day.
i totally advise you to complete Marcus quest on first day, it's easy for a little patience, one can obtain 2 powerful equipments for the protagonist.

Last edited:
Reactions: BackAlley-GYC

BackAlley-GYC

Game Developer
Sep 23, 2022
I noticed from fresh saves you can't use the shop is it just me or is anyone else having this problem?

Also escape chance does not do as much as before I noticed during the mother's weeding quest that using 7 basically made it near impossible to get caught, but now it seems to happen more often. In addition, corruption speed may be too fast since both parent were at eruption 5 in 2 days. Was this intentional because I did the quest to lower and could not lower it be low 3 because I could not buy healing items to do more in the day.
Sorry, could you be more specific, which shop do you mean? If you mean the ones in Cycle Town, half of them aren't implemented yet, as we’re not far enough into the game build (they’ll be doing all the materials for the gear upgrades via Mr Steel).
The shops are supposed to have an event at the weekends where they have sales, so maybe that’s interfering? Try resting in a bed and advancing the day – might sort it out :p

As for Escape Chance, it’s literally a 1-in-10 dice roll (based on your escape stat), looks like you’re having some bad luck.

And yep, corruption speed is really fast – I mean, that’s the whole point of the game – you’ll never be able to keep everyone’s corruption low as the game is right now, it’s the whole spinning plates idea ;)

Phantombeast is right, Marcus’ quests can give some great early money/item plus it always reduces his corruption if you make it past round 5 – and Kris’ (mother) quest is in the north, which does the same thing – both of which are repeatable each day.

I’ll be adding more quests centred around stopping corruption when it hits 15 or whatever per character once I get 0.0.3’s art update out of the way, but for now Serra will give you a weekly chance to reduce a character’s corruption by 10(?) – although I can’t remember the exact number off the top of my head!

Still, I hope you’re enjoying the game despite these issues!

Thanks for commenting Blue2343 !

BackAlley-GYC

Game Developer
Sep 23, 2022
Oh, and before I forget; the poll is basically over and it turns out we all feel that Kyrsten is a bit weaker than she should be.

To fix this,
  1. I’m reducing the costs of the level up points on Reserve Energy back to 1 point for 1 RE instead of 5 points for 1 RE.
  2. All characters are also going to get 25 points to spend per level instead of 20
  3. I’m also going to make it so that Strength, Reserve, and Excess all slowly increase naturally with each level up. So Kyrsten for example will get an extra 1 RE, 5 EE, and 5 Strength each level WITHOUT the need to spend points (haven’t decided on the exact amounts, will include in changelog though when implemented)!
  4. “Weak” enemies are going to have their defences dropped slightly (for example the KoZE Scouts, and the Naga), while still leaving the tankier versions units with lots of health and defence.

This should allow you all to make the perfect version of your idea of Kyrsten and her pals, and even make things like Physical damage builds more viable.

This will be in version 0.0.3 (C) onwards!

Blue2343

Mar 4, 2022
I think they meant the first encounter with Charren, until the player unlocks the quest to obtain the passcode, they can't interact with that fluffy inside its shop/tent
Thanks for the info because I couldn't figure out why that one was not working, so I was waiting for a response but i for got there were other shops in the game.

BackAlley-GYC

Game Developer
Sep 23, 2022
Hello all, and a very happy 2024 to you!

The newest version of the game is up on my Patreon, as well as the new public version!

I’ve also put in the request for a thread update here.

Happy gaming everyone ;)(y)

shundi82

Sep 7, 2022
Hello all, and a very happy 2024 to you!

The newest version of the game is up on my Patreon, as well as the new public version!

I’ve also put in the request for a thread update here.

Happy gaming everyone ;)(y)
Just in case this isn't fixed in 003c, I've encountered this bug:
sbb003b.PNG

Last edited:

BackAlley-GYC

Game Developer
Sep 23, 2022
shundi82 Thanks for the bug report, I’ll get on that!

Haha, I have such a love/hate relationship with the RPG Maker engine. On the one hand, its so great for beginners’ projects and everyone is so helpful on the forums. Then on the other hand it breaks constantly whenever I so much as turn my attentions to another area of the game. :ROFLMAO:

Talk about your spinning plates!

Reactions: shundi82

HikkiG

Dec 12, 2020

Haha, I have such a love/hate relationship with the RPG Maker engine. On the one hand, its so great for beginners’ projects and everyone is so helpful on the forums. Then on the other hand it breaks constantly whenever I so much as turn my attentions to another area of the game. :ROFLMAO:

Haha, such is fate of RPGM deving.

shundi82

Sep 7, 2022

I can't really add anything useful to the game dev conversation, because I'm mostly a backend dev.

But I'd still like to take this opportunity to commend you for your work and maybe encourage you.

Because even though there are still some pretty rough edges (drawings, map design, calculations/formulas, progression), you've already found a winning formula for your game and you're filling the story/world in a pretty fast pace.

Taking big "rough" steps and leaving the "smoothing out the edges"/"figuring out the nitty gritty" parts for later is a great approach, imho. ;)

BackAlley-GYC

Game Developer
Sep 23, 2022
shundi82

What a lovely thing to say, its much appreciated – as is all the helpful feedback and love SnakeByte blue has been getting on f95. Such a wonderful community. :D

Did the bug where you always lose the lucky reds when you finish the panty quest ever get fixed?
Well, I think I forgot to add it to the buglist, but It’s on there now. TBH, right now I’m doing a whole art update on the Manor (first area) so I haven’t touched the Cycle Town stuff in a good long while – but I’ll be sure to fix this for the newest update.

Thanks for pointing it out/ reminding me! :cool:(y)

BackAlley-GYC

Game Developer
Sep 23, 2022
Hello all! So, the newest versions of the game is up on my patreon and Substar, and I’ve just posted the update request on here – more art updates!

Just a heads up, from here on out SnakeByte Blue will be coming in Censored and Uncensored editions. This is because I do want to try and sell on Steam when the game is complete, so I’m future proofing the game now by splitting up the content.

Right now, all that’s censored is some scenes with the skittling (beast content), but eventually it’ll be all the stuff that Steam/Patreon doesn’t want/like (parents/incest, more beast stuff, mind control).

The public version of the game, plus the one I’ve provided for the thread update here is the censored one, and will be from here on out, with the uncensored available to my paid subscribers.

Now just before you grab the pitchforks, while I do understand that pay-walling content isn’t going to win me any love, this whole censoring thing not only will allow me to sell the game later on in the game’s development, but right now it also gives my paying subscribers some more content so that they’re getting more for their money. Right now with the release of the public version, all they are getting is 1 month before everyone else, so I feel that gives more of a reason to stay subscribed.

After all, I’m only small right now, and if I can tempt more people into wanting to subscribe, that means more money, which means I can expand my team and make the game faster. Maybe a new hat.

Anyway, I hope you enjoy the newest version, thanks for reading :)(y)

Reactions: HikkiG

BackAlley-GYC

Game Developer
Sep 23, 2022
Does mom only have sex with her husband
No parents x daughter stuff yet – right now I’m in the middle of an art update for the entire game, trying to get as much as I can looking better.

I have two more months of art updates (although I am trying to add a couple of new scenes (mainly grabs) in there too) before I get to version 0.0.4 (A) and start moving the story forwards, including new stuff for KyrstenxParents, mainly due to the overwhelming number of requests for it haha.

Thanks for checking the game out :p

-Edit, also, thanks to the moderators for updating the thread so quickly! :love:

Reactions: Rubyrosesilver22

Oldblud

Apr 26, 2022
The skittlings are bugged for old saves in this version, they never try to grab krysten and when krysten says there are more them coming in fact no more skittlings appears. I had to make a new save just to in fact see that you need to wait almost 10 turns to a skittling to try to grab krysten just to see them hugging.

BackAlley-GYC

Game Developer
Sep 23, 2022
The skittlings are bugged for old saves in this version, they never try to grab krysten and when krysten says there are more them coming in fact no more skittlings appears. I had to make a new save just to in fact see that you need to wait almost 10 turns to a skittling to try to grab krysten just to see them hugging.
That’s right, the grab system in version C was a bit squiggly due to me focusing on the art stuff, but keep your save! Fortunately the bugs were fixed for Version D (out now on Patreon wink wink), though I’ve also upgraded the provided save in version D if problems arise.

Sorry about that, but I can’t update version C because… well, I already did, into Version D :geek:

It might interest anyone reading to also note that Version D has an increased the grab rate, and added the introduction of the difficulty selector, which allows players to determine how many times per round Kyrsten can get grabbed (only once, multiple times per round, every round). It’s being bug tested by my subscribers this month, but I’m extremely happy with the overhaul.

As for seeing the hugging, well that’s that censoring I mentioned.

4.80 star(s) 6 Votes