qwerqwer1Q

Sep 27, 2018
I'm still saving another playthough for when more content gets added, but I'll note a few tidbidts.

1: The character bios in the library are in a niceably smaller font than the usual stuff in the textbox. It's not terrible, but since it's also a wall of text, still below my usual preference. Funnily enough, many games are actually worse at this, so I just click through and check the log. But since this game doesn't have a log, it actually stands out.

2: Starting the game off the extra save still cracks me up no matter how many times I do it. Just the sequence of starting the game outside the boss door, and then having to treck back to sleep on all the stat increases + bath is really funny to me.

3: The bathhouse grab attacks selector (as opposed to scenes selector) lacks a "no" option to back out. Also, I don't understand the reasoning for using a separate sprite for every color and scene when each one ends up with only a single choice, since the four 'Human Enemy (Female)' sprites for example could have easily been combined into one instead of four.

4: Any info on when the Plum content is coming? It's been there in the Cycle Town since the beginning. I'm curious about how completed the town as a whole is as well, actually, if you don't mind.

PS: I went to sleep in the orc encampment, and got myself stuck on the bed. Yay for RPGMaker bugs.
PPS: Nvm its repeatable.

Last edited:
Reactions: BackAlley-GYC

BackAlley-GYC

Game Developer
Sep 23, 2022
This looks promising, let me know if you need a Mac tester
Thank you for checking out the game, I’m glad you liked it!

Honestly, I haven’t had a single request for a Mac version yet, but as the game gets more complete I’ll absolutely keep you in mind. :)(y)

I'm still saving another playthough for when more content gets added, but I'll note a few tidbidts.

1: The character bios in the library are in a niceably smaller font than the usual stuff in the textbox. It's not terrible, but since it's also a wall of text, still below my usual preference. Funnily enough, many games are actually worse at this, so I just click through and check the log. But since this game doesn't have a log, it actually stands out.

2: Starting the game off the extra save still cracks me up no matter how many times I do it. Just the sequence of starting the game outside the boss door, and then having to treck back to sleep on all the stat increases + bath is really funny to me.

3: The bathhouse grab attacks selector (as opposed to scenes selector) lacks a "no" option to back out. Also, I don't understand the reasoning for using a separate sprite for every color and scene when each one ends up with only a single choice, since the four 'Human Enemy (Female)' sprites for example could have easily been combined into one instead of four.

4: Any info on when the Plum content is coming? It's been there in the Cycle Town since the beginning. I'm curious about how completed the town as a whole is as well, actually, if you don't mind.

PS: I went to sleep in the orc encampment, and got myself stuck on the bed. Yay for RPGMaker bugs.

PPS: Nvm its repeatable.
qwerqwer1Q thanks for sticking around! :D

1) I agree, I was trying to keep them short and sweet as to not over explain (or worse, spoil) the characters/story events they are attached to … but there’s only so much space on the screen and i have so much to say :cry:

I could add more pages to each character profile and make the text larger – more like a Skyrim book – with the option to skip to the next character profile as well as just the next page. I’ll workshop it and see if I can get the bios to look better.

2) Haha, that’s the first time it’s been brought up and wow, I can’t believe I didn’t realise that when you spend your points you need to rest to “regain” the new health. Whoopsie.

I can’t really move the new save point right now as it’s what people use to blow through Par-More and get to the “new stuff” quicker, but I think that as the game gets more completed I’ll just move the save straight to Cycle town and the next sequence, skipping the boss entirely. Thanks for pointing that out!

3) Eh, it makes for more content, while keeping the scenes separate – would be the quick answer.
Eventually, I do intend to have the bathhouse just chock-full of every enemy in the game, at which point I’ll probably go back to having the entire grab list-per-enemy as a single sprite with choices, but for now it makes the place look a bit livelier.

Also yes – I think a “No” option in there would be just the ticket.

4) Well, now that the “Art Update is officially over I can now return to making “New Stuff”. So, I update the game every month, which gives me 2 weeks to work on new things for the game, and 2 weeks to update the older art.

As for the Town itself,
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.
So yeah, plenty of content planned there.

And a Bug in the Orc camp – say no more!
Also, for those getting stuck, I introduced a new spell in version 003 (F) that allows you to teleport home, so you can keep your save file going even after getting stuck.

Thanks for the comments qwerqwer1Q & kcoope89 !
Happy easter! :cool:(y)

KangarooKyle

Feb 9, 2024
maybe I'm just a noob, but why do my saves never work with some games? like I save properly, multiple times, I close the game, and the next time I open it its like opening it for the first time again.
I have the same problem with loads of games, never found the problem

whittle

Dec 18, 2023
Just spitballing here, but some ideas are:

You're trying to save in a folder that requires higher User rights (or perhaps trying to save on a cloud dive)
You're trying to save in a folder that's set to read only (though in this case RPGMV generally won't follow through with a save and will instead make an error sound)
You're running a VM that's set up on a separate virtual drive (more of a thing with games that save to Local or LocalLow)
Something on your computer has goofed up the dependencies required for writing to disk
And finally, there's some kind of disk error involved (though this would be very noticeable outside of just RPGMV games)

BackAlley-GYC

Game Developer
Sep 23, 2022
Hello all!

Just giving you a progress update;

I’ve spent the past couple of weeks solely getting the new RPG Maker official battle system into the game. The new battle system is working like a charm, I absolutely adore the amount of new features and bug fixes it adds to the game, but naturally it is taking some time to implement, due to all the new script functions that I had to learn/relearn and then having to apply that to each and every fight currently in game.

For my subscribers, I’m releasing a test version next week to get feedback and see how it plays, but the next official release of SnakeByte Blue isn’t until 29th of May.

This is to give me time enough to put transfer all the fights in the game into the new system, as well as finally create some new content in the form of “the Battle of Cycle Town”, Act 1’s finale.

That also means that I’m delaying the public release of 0.0.3 (F) until then, just so free users will have something on 0.0.4 (a)’s release day too.

I’ll be checking back in here from time to time just to give general progress updates.

Much love!
:cool:(y)

BackAlley-GYC

Game Developer
Sep 23, 2022
Hello all!

What has two thumbs and forgot to release the public version? :eek:

Anyway, after a little bit of bug dilemmas with the new system, Version 0.0.4 (A) is now out on my patreon, so here’s version 0.0.3 F for free!

I’ve requested the thread be updated, and it’s live on my patreon/substar too. ;)

bitsybobs3

Ultimate Torrent Dude
Donor
Jun 13, 2021
SnakeByteBlue-0.03F
rpdl torrents are unaffiliated with F95Zone and the game developer.
Please note that we do not provide support for games.
For torrent-related issues use here, or join us on !
, . Downloading issues? Look here.
Want to join the team? Read more here!

• Red Heart

BackAlley-GYC

Game Developer
Sep 23, 2022
How different are the Public/Censored and Uncensored versions?
So eventually I want to release on steam, and I’m on Patreon right now, both of which have a strict set of things that you can’t put in the game that have been requested/planned for SnakeByte Blue; namely Mind Control (its kind of a main plot point), Kyrsten x Parents content (requested pretty much every month at this point haha), and any Beast stuff (Currently the Skittling can grab Kyrsten)

I created the “Censored” Version just so I can cover my back for the future. Right now, it’s just blocking the Skittling content, but eventually it’ll cover the three above. LONG way off yet though so no worries there for now.

The Uncensored edition I give out to my Sub Star (as they don’t have these rules), and over discord for the Patreons who want to see it. Plus, it gives more of an incentive to subscribe which I won’t complain about.

The plan for a more completed version of the game will have the Censored version either “fade out” when the above content happens, or have a joke/lighthearted scene play instead – depending on context. That’s why the Skitting currently jump up and lick Kyrsten’s…face in the censored… and other stuff happens in the uncensored. ;)

But like I say, that’s a long way off from being fully implemented into the game, I’m just planning for the future.

Thanks for the question Shazz23 ! :)(y)

Reactions: shadee1 and Shazz23

Shazz23

Mar 24, 2022
So eventually I want to release on steam, and I’m on Patreon right now, both of which have a strict set of things that you can’t put in the game that have been requested/planned for SnakeByte Blue; namely Mind Control (its kind of a main plot point), Kyrsten x Parents content (requested pretty much every month at this point haha), and any Beast stuff (Currently the Skittling can grab Kyrsten)

I created the “Censored” Version just so I can cover my back for the future. Right now, it’s just blocking the Skittling content, but eventually it’ll cover the three above. LONG way off yet though so no worries there for now.

The Uncensored edition I give out to my Sub Star (as they don’t have these rules), and over discord for the Patreons who want to see it. Plus, it gives more of an incentive to subscribe which I won’t complain about.

The plan for a more completed version of the game will have the Censored version either “fade out” when the above content happens, or have a joke/lighthearted scene play instead – depending on context. That’s why the Skitting currently jump up and lick Kyrsten’s…face in the censored… and other stuff happens in the uncensored. ;)

But like I say, that’s a long way off from being fully implemented into the game, I’m just planning for the future.

Thanks for the question Shazz23 ! :)(y)
Gotcha, thanks so much for the detailed response!

BackAlley-GYC

Game Developer
Sep 23, 2022
It’s getting there – I have soooo much art to update but I’m improving all the time, and drawing naked women isn’t the worst pass time in the world, so I can’t complain! hahaha

Thanks for sticking around!

Reactions: DarkOg13

Elsiss Surana

Jan 15, 2019
It’s getting there – I have soooo much art to update but I’m improving all the time, and drawing naked women isn’t the worst pass time in the world, so I can’t complain! hahaha

Thanks for sticking around!
I've been holding off myself. Want to jump back in once the game includes the fall of the mother to the antagonist and you having to go free mom from her control.

Bob69

Uploading the World
Uploader
Donor
Compressor
Mar 2, 2019
SnakeByte Blue [v0.03F Public] [BackAlley_GYC] - Compressed

Win [243 MB]
- - - -

BackAlley-GYC

Game Developer
Sep 23, 2022
Is it possible to avoid ending with corruption after the challenge?
Not right now.

The whole game is about trying to get you to fail; either by corruption stacking up, constantly losing health with no real way to recover, having certain events only happen on certain days so you have to wait around (as corruption creeps up), the idea being that its something you constantly have to manage.

That being said, I can see how it can be annoying to complete a challenge map only to immediately get a corruption ending. I can’t stop the corruption being applied JUST on the challenge maps either due to it being tied into the combat system of the whole game.

What I can do is add a block to stop you getting fully corrupted on the challenge maps, stopping corruption from going over, say 45 (max is 50), so you can at least have a chance to try and reduce corruption when you get out of the challenges.
;)(y)

BackAlley-GYC

Game Developer
Sep 23, 2022
Hello all!

Usually I’d be releasing a free copy of the game around now, but unfortunately not this month.

You see, getting over to the new battle system took longer than expected, and literally today I re-released 0.0.4 (a) to be in a fully working state to my patreons.

No sense releasing a version of the game that is filled with bugs, so next month, July 31st will be the release date for version 0.0.4 (b), and when I’ll be releasing the free version of 0.0.4 (a) for everyone else.

4.80 star(s) 6 Votes