DarkOg13

Dec 31, 2022
Sounds like I don't have any of that, and in this game you can't do drastic changes to your character via gear or respec so you either deal with what you have or you grind for more points.

My Kyrsten who won via kiting was Level 11. She had Reserve Energy 134, Excess Energy 220, Physical Guard 41, Mental Guard 68, and Knowledge 46. I've been distributing stat points pretty evenly with a bit of focus on Mental Guard (from the earlier boss fights) and Excess Recharge.

So, different strategies.
u barely put points in health then, cuz reserve energy is health. Also u can buy knowledge texts from charen and boots ur knowledge to crazy lvls since its not expensive. My krysten was at lvl 7. You dont rlly need high excess energy since ultimo boom tube does not cost soul energy/excess energy. Excess recharge is also pretty useless ( in my opinion) since just by guarding u gain almost all ur excess energy. But yh, different strategies

Reactions: BackAlley-GYC

BackAlley-GYC

Game Developer
Sep 23, 2022
DarkOg13 & YetAnotherGamer

Yo, at me when you two collaborate and write the strategy guide, I’ll give it the official seal of approval! :ROFLMAO:

Seriously, I love this discussion and how people have different approaches to the boss - as awesome as it is drawing the boobies, I still want the game to make people want to actually play it and progress, so I can’t express how much joy it brings me to see your posts about the different ways to tackle the problem – which for anyone else reading and wondering how you’re supposed to beat this thing, is/will be completely skippable and is just part of a side quest/content.

BUT fear not fellow gamers, I was also asked about the stun-locking problem, and have already fixed. In version 0.0. 3(A) onwards, Kyrsten will no longer be affected by “Curses” (Status debuffs, poison, frozen, burn, etc) while in her Ultimo Form. It won’t help with the Tail Wrap, but should lower the cheese of being combo-ed with Frozen, while keeping the fight difficult enough.

I had this planned for a while, it's why the Shaman also drains your ULT, so the brainwashing can happen without players being able to transform and null it, but only just implemented it as I’ve JUST added in basic enemies into 0.0.3 that can actually use curses so the Mental Guard stat actually becomes more useful.

Slowly making a complete game haha.

I will also look into Black screen bug, not sure how that got past all the playtesting. :cool:(y)

Hope you’re all enjoying the game, and thanks for all the comments and feedback!
Have a great month y'all

Reactions: DarkOg13
Jul 28, 2018
u barely put points in health then, cuz reserve energy is health.
I haven't been getting hit much, so I haven't felt the need to put in more than one bump per level (IIRC). You also get a lot of recovery items if you do all the fights manually, plus you avoid the cost of skipping.

Also u can buy knowledge texts from charen and boots ur knowledge to crazy lvls since its not expensive.
I had to go back through saves to find what you were talking about; the Knowledge and Combat Texts (and the two spell scrolls that don't do anything) are only available when you reach the Charen before that boss fight. After the fight they aren't available from any Charen. Knowledge Texts are available from the first store before then, but are much more expensive and also disappear afterwards. Still, if people have the patience to not move on to the boss fight immediately they could pump up their stats relatively quickly. (BackAlley-GYC may want to look at that.)

I don't remember if this particular Kyrsten comes from the earlier days of the game, before you could skip fights (very early) and/or before Knowledge and Combat Skill did much of anything (early 0.2s).

Last edited:

DarkOg13

Dec 31, 2022
I haven't been getting hit much, so I haven't felt the need to put in more than one bump per level (IIRC). You also get a lot of recovery items if you do all the fights manually, plus you avoid the cost of skipping.

I had to go back through saves to find what you were talking about; the Knowledge and Combat Texts (and the two spell scrolls that don't do anything) are only available when you reach the Charen before that boss fight. After the fight they aren't available from any Charen. Knowledge Texts are available from the first store before then, but are much more expensive and also disappear afterwards. Still, if people have the patience to not move on to the boss fight immediately they could pump up their stats relatively quickly. (BackAlley-GYC may want to look at that.)

I don't remember if this particular Kyrsten comes from the earlier days of the game, before you could skip fights (very early) and/or before Knowledge and Combat Skill did much of anything (early 0.2s).
the knowledge texts dissapear only when charen has high corruption im pretty sure also I was able to buy knowledge texts way before the naga boss fight. Maybe charen's corrutption was high without u realising

DarkOg13

Dec 31, 2022
DarkOg13 & YetAnotherGamer

Yo, at me when you two collaborate and write the strategy guide, I’ll give it the official seal of approval! :ROFLMAO:

Seriously, I love this discussion and how people have different approaches to the boss - as awesome as it is drawing the boobies, I still want the game to make people want to actually play it and progress, so I can’t express how much joy it brings me to see your posts about the different ways to tackle the problem – which for anyone else reading and wondering how you’re supposed to beat this thing, is/will be completely skippable and is just part of a side quest/content.

BUT fear not fellow gamers, I was also asked about the stun-locking problem, and have already fixed. In version 0.0. 3(A) onwards, Kyrsten will no longer be affected by “Curses” (Status debuffs, poison, frozen, burn, etc) while in her Ultimo Form. It won’t help with the Tail Wrap, but should lower the cheese of being combo-ed with Frozen, while keeping the fight difficult enough.

I had this planned for a while, it's why the Shaman also drains your ULT, so the brainwashing can happen without players being able to transform and null it, but only just implemented it as I’ve JUST added in basic enemies into 0.0.3 that can actually use curses so the Mental Guard stat actually becomes more useful.

Slowly making a complete game haha.

I will also look into Black screen bug, not sure how that got past all the playtesting. :cool:(y)

Hope you’re all enjoying the game, and thanks for all the comments and feedback!
Have a great month y'all
lol, for the current difficulty of the game, YetAnotherGamer's strategy is decent but I feel it would work better when hard difficulty is unlocked for the game.

• Red Heart
Jul 28, 2018
the knowledge texts dissapear only when charen has high corruption im pretty sure also I was able to buy knowledge texts way before the naga boss fight. Maybe charen's corrutption was high without u realising
The boss fight I was talking about (where you can find skill Texts) was Redding, not the Naga. Sorry.

Anyway, I didn't know that Corruption was affecting what items were available or that the unavoidable Bunny outfit bit when you talk to Charen while meeting everyone in Cycle Town is what gives him so much of it. (In my case, he had 3 before and 15 after.) Using your Corruption clear makes those items available again. That was two hours of not-very-productive searching of save files. :)

Jul 28, 2018
More bug reports: When I went back through the Redding fight and trip to Cycle Town, after the initial walk to the Power Plant cutscene it plays the "This is where the Mercenary stuff would start but it won't for now." cutscene and leaves everyone in the plant in the wrong (for Rio being in the hospital) places. The first time you leave and go right to enter Cycle Town proper it plays a short cutscene about you carrying tools. The second time you go right it does the "Why don't you go meet everyone?" cutscene. Things seem to continue properly from there.

• Red Heart

BackAlley-GYC

Game Developer
Sep 23, 2022
Right, lots of new info popping up, brace yourselves, I’m going in deep;

You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

And finally, many thanks for yet more extensive playtesting YetAnotherGamer – it really helps!

Added your findings to the buglist and will get it fixed for version 0.0.3 (B)

The next release date for the game Version 0.0.3 (B) is the 29th of November 11:00am EST, with the new public version of 0.0.3 (A) following in the evening.

Thanks for your input DarkOg13 & YetAnotherGamer ! :p

BackAlley-GYC

Game Developer
Sep 23, 2022
Hello all!

The newest free version of the game is up on my Patreon, and I’ve just submitted the request to have the thread updated.

Version 0.0.3 is all about updating the art currently in the game to match Kyrsten’s outfits properly, as well as to just generally look a whole lot better.

But don’t take my word for it, look for yourself!

(I’ll update the pictures on the thread when the 0.03 Update is completed).

Have a great night everyone! :cool:(y)

H3dR

Jan 27, 2022
Hello all!

The newest free version of the game is up on my Patreon, and I’ve just submitted the request to have the thread updated.

Version 0.0.3 is all about updating the art currently in the game to match Kyrsten’s outfits properly, as well as to just generally look a whole lot better.

But don’t take my word for it, look for yourself!

(I’ll update the pictures on the thread when the 0.03 Update is completed).

Have a great night everyone! :cool:(y)
i read somewhere that you had to do new saves for this update, does that also apply for the save that comes with the game in the extra content folder?

BackAlley-GYC

Game Developer
Sep 23, 2022
i read somewhere that you had to do new saves for this update, does that also apply for the save that comes with the game in the extra content folder?
Good question!

Saves from the Demo and Version 0.0.1 aren’t compatible with 0.0.3 (A) just because of all the huge changes under the hood by this point, but everything from 0.0.2 onwards are fully useable.

The save included in the Extra Folder is just to get to Cycle Town faster for people who want to start again but don’t want to go through Stage 1 all over again.

Hope that helps :p

yilkin

dl.rpdl.net
Donor
Feb 23, 2023
SnakeByteBlue-0.03a
rpdl torrents are unaffiliated with F95Zone and the game developer.
Please note that we do not provide support for games.
For torrent-related issues use here, or join us on !
, . Downloading issues? Look here.​

DarkOg13

Dec 31, 2022
SnakeByteBlue-0.03a
rpdl torrents are unaffiliated with F95Zone and the game developer.
Please note that we do not provide support for games.
For torrent-related issues use here, or join us on !
, . Downloading issues? Look here.​
well there is a free version on his patreon

TitmusPrime

Apr 28, 2017
I had to go back 1 day due to corruption now whenever I enter cycle town I get stuck on the border guards, no text and can't move. Is there any workaround for this or is my save ded?

Phantombeast

Feb 6, 2018
also gyc did you nerf krysten? She feels weaker than before
let alone each 1 point of reserve energy costs now 5 skill points, i'm not fan of regularly resting, one has the option to skip fights however the game doesn't have much content without them imo, also in the stats boost menu there's a typo the 2nd "reserve energy" should be "combat skill".
though i like how one only has to farm a little bit to even the odds but definitely not the ping pong mastery of koe fellows in the upper left area : Screenshot (107).png
i must say i like it when i can hit them enemies through the wall but not when them me

Last edited:

BackAlley-GYC

Game Developer
Sep 23, 2022

Blue2343

Mar 4, 2022
I noticed from fresh saves you can't use the shop is it just me or is anyone else having this problem?
Also escape chance does not do as much as before I noticed during the mother's weeding quest that using 7 basically made it near impossible to get caught, but now it seems to happen more often. In addition, corruption speed may be too fast since both parent were at eruption 5 in 2 days. Was this intentional because I did the quest to lower and could not lower it be low 3 because I could not buy healing items to do more in the day.

4.80 star(s) 6 Votes