Who are your favorite characters in SnowStorm ?

• Astrja, the blacksmith and chief's daughter (Wolves)

Votes: 3,409 45.2%
  • Candrid, the mischievous assassin (Bears)

Votes: 1,316 17.4%
  • Nox, the beautiful lady/witch (Ravens)

Votes: 2,716 36.0%
  • Mathilda, the elegant and haughty archer (Wolves)

Votes: 2,076 27.5%
  • Yrsa, the curious and welcoming redhead (Bears)

Votes: 1,823 24.2%
  • Lizgard, the shy bodyguard of Nox (Ravens)

Votes: 1,578 20.9%
  • Astrid, the lively little sister (Wolves)

Votes: 2,368 31.4%
  • Sonja, the mighty barbarian (Bears)

Votes: 1,687 22.4%
  • Katja, the hunter of the Raven's lair (Ravens)

Votes: 754 10.0%

• Total voters

Enigmanic

Nov 4, 2019
That.
Every time there is this font, it means they are speaking in Norse.
But when dialogues are long, I use English words instead of Norse words so that players can still read what happens and not zzzZZZ.

But I can get that some people would rather have eye comfort than immersion, so next time, I'll try add an option where you can replace the viking font by a normal one (but it will replace every time, it's all or nothing)
I got what you were aiming for and I think it's neat.

Reactions: norm7777 and MS686

HogRocket

Engaged Member
Jun 8, 2020
Just buy a 48" OLED TV (+ an RTX 3060) and use it as a PC monitor to play 99% visual novels like me (y)
Makes everything clearly visible - even with bad eyesight.

Alternatively you can also press the 'A' key, which opens a menu where you can override the font and its size.
I just tested it and it replaces the northern font.
You rock my friend! I didn't know that existed. That will help on some other games as well!! (the 'A' key thingy, not the monitor thingy, can't afford that :LOL:)
(y)(y)(y)(y)(y)(y)(y)(y)(y)

RedDeamon_2022

Jan 8, 2022
Well I did have reservations on this but glad to have been proven wrong. Good luck to the creator. Definitely waiting for more!

Baelic

Jun 11, 2017
Dunno if the developer reads these, but if s/he does, is there any chance the mc could use his future knowledge to help them with their mead production? was just thinking about it Here in Oregon We got an artisan mead place called Oran Mor, and they come out with some superb beverages that aren't too terribly expensive, or complicated to make from how they're described. their Silk Road, and Odin's Eye spiced meads are particularly good.

I think the mc would definitely get on the good side of his captors if he were to show them how to make more delicious and interesting tasting meads

• Thinking Face
Reactions: Enigmanic

Raziel_8

Engaged Member
Dec 4, 2017
Dunno if the developer reads these, but if s/he does, is there any chance the mc could use his future knowledge to help them with their mead production? was just thinking about it Here in Oregon We got an artisan mead place called Oran Mor, and they come out with some superb beverages that aren't too terribly expensive, or complicated to make from how they're described. their Silk Road, and Odin's Eye spiced meads are particularly good.

I think the mc would definitely get on the good side of his captors if he were to show them how to make more delicious and interesting tasting meads
Why would the MC have knowledge about mead production ? Thats not exactly common knowledge.
And how much would his present knowlege even be useful ?
Sure anyone knows about guns, cars, electricity, planes, or simple paper etc. but most would have no clue how to make it, or teach it.
Even history knowledge wouldn't be all that useful. U would need to have an very in depth knowlege about the current time, countries, culture, important people, diplomatic relationships etc. knowing the vikings invaded britannia and that there was a certain viking king won't help u much.

Reactions: HogRocket

Enigmanic

Nov 4, 2019
Why would the MC have knowledge about mead production ? Thats not exactly common knowledge.
Sure anyone knows about guns, cars, electricity, planes, or simple paper etc. but most would have no clue how to make it, or teach it.
Even history knowledge wouldn't be all that useful. U would need to have an very in depth knowlege about the current time, countries, culture, important people, diplomatic relationships etc. knowing the vikings invaded britannia and that there was a certain viking king won't help u much.
C'mon.. plenty of people have seen documentaries about brewing on the Discovery channel.

vogelbeest

Jan 9, 2021
C'mon.. plenty of people have seen documentaries about brewing on the Discovery channel.
But why would MC be better at it then the people that make it already in that time? That's like comparing a professional football player with a guy that has seen the superbowl. And even without too much knowledge himself there should be loads of simple idea's for him for improving daily tools and whatever just from regular daily use in his own time, running water for instance isn't that hard to implement but he needs to mobilise the people to build it, a simply idea but a big invention for the vikings.

Canto Forte

Post Pro
Jul 10, 2017
Watch the tubes, everyone. living on the lamb and building shelters
with pool, running water, terrace, shower, beds, tables, all out of dirt,
they are out there, made by 1 or 2 people using edged blades.

• Haha
Reactions: SamualHand

HogRocket

Engaged Member
Jun 8, 2020
Exactly!

I do make mead, and I can tell you - the people who did it every day for years are WAY better at it than all but the most dedicated craft mead makers of today...... but still are probably better at it.

I had craft mead in Scotland years ago that far surpassed any mead I've ever had by any craft mead maker here in the US. I'm pretty sure it was because it was heather honey and not commercial grade honey like most meaderies here use.

Deleted member 1571716

Conversation Conqueror
Aug 7, 2019
Exactly!

I do make mead, and I can tell you - the people who did it every day for years are WAY better at it than all but the most dedicated craft mead makers of today...... but still are probably better at it.

I had craft mead in Scotland years ago that far surpassed any mead I've ever had by any craft mead maker here in the US. I'm pretty sure it was because it was heather honey and not commercial grade honey like most meaderies here use.
I made mead once. From a kit I was given for Christmas one year. It had instructions. If I never recieved that kit, I wouldn't have even thought about it. Could I replicate the process without the kit/instructions? Maybe. But, doubt it.

SamualHand

Engaged Member
May 4, 2018
I'd love to change the game to an economic simulation, including full virginity! That would be a fun game! Surely what the developer intended, a mead simulation!

• Haha
Reactions: HogRocket

Boehser Onkel

Forum Fanatic
Modder
Feb 20, 2021
0x52_URM cheats (WIP)

mc stats/gold // scores

View attachment 1553489 View attachment 1553490

choices detection/outcome

View attachment 1553488

replay/secret picture gallery - unlocked for 0.1.0

extract attached rep gall unlo.zip file into mainfolder - overwrite if asked

gui/text color changed

View attachment 1703991

extract attached text color.zip into mainfolder overwrite if asked
(make backup maybe of gui.rpy and screens.rpy located at *\game folder first)
(should work with future updates if the dev not change something about gui)
instruction how and where to change color included

extract attached file to *\game folder
!always save before edit!

open mod with alt+m
click the little open folder icon right upper
load a .urm file

how to use : Link

Rename (nearly) everyone,watch this tut ->>

create your own "gallery" (label search) how to --> Link

i recommend always to play the game one time without cheats to understand gamemechanics

mod should work with future updates

this mod does not modify any game files

!use at own risk! - dont complain to dev´s /modder about broken saves/gamestates
(look for a updated 0x52_urm.rpa file every month or 2 at link above, thanks to 0x52
if you like the URM Mod consider support 0x52 -->
)
update -removed the textbox , changed textcolor
added text shadow

Screenshot_5.png

Screenshot_4.png

Screenshot_6.png

Screenshot_2.png

look for "gui/text color changed"

Last edited:
4.40 star(s) 43 Votes