Who are your favorite characters in SnowStorm ?

• Astrja, the blacksmith and chief's daughter (Wolves)

Votes: 3,559 45.1%
  • Candrid, the mischievous assassin (Bears)

Votes: 1,381 17.5%
  • Nox, the beautiful lady/witch (Ravens)

Votes: 2,836 35.9%
  • Mathilda, the elegant and haughty archer (Wolves)

Votes: 2,164 27.4%
  • Yrsa, the curious and welcoming redhead (Bears)

Votes: 1,902 24.1%
  • Lizgard, the shy bodyguard of Nox (Ravens)

Votes: 1,657 21.0%
  • Astrid, the lively little sister (Wolves)

Votes: 2,495 31.6%
  • Sonja, the mighty barbarian (Bears)

Votes: 1,766 22.4%
  • Katja, the hunter of the Raven's lair (Ravens)

Votes: 774 9.8%

• Total voters

Griftomedia

Jun 9, 2022
Picking up Sandstorm after this game is like a night and day difference.
The dev improved so much with SnowStorm it really needs to be commended.
Sandstorm is so cringe to get through :FacePalm:

I just want to know the events leading up to the MC travelling back to the 11th century but the dialogue is so groan inducing and every character so far is annoying.
Really makes me wonder what the MC is trying to get back to the present for :HideThePain:

NewTricks

Forum Fanatic
Nov 1, 2017

I just want to know the events leading up to the MC travelling back to the 11th century but the dialogue is so groan inducing and every character so far is annoying.
Really makes me wonder what the MC is trying to get back to the present for :HideThePain:
Sandstorm always kind of struck me as practice for something better. You have to learn somehow. There has been marked improvement in this game so here's hoping it gets better as time goes on. If you don't want to finish Sandstorm you don't really have to. All that really happens is he jumps through a portal. There are a number of reasons he chooses to do that, but in every scenario there is a girl involved. That might be the only detail that is applicable to your playthrough.

-CookieMonster666-

Devoted Member
Nov 20, 2018

Well, to be fair, other than Maddie they are all college kids on vacation, and Maddie isn't all that much older than the rest. So take three freshmen at a university and maybe someone in her mid-20s who recently returned from military deployment and think about how they talk. Mix that with a dev whose native language isn't English, and I don't think the dialogue is all that ridiculous. They were all immature for various reasons, and they grew a lot during the course of the game.

I've seen far, far worse in a large number of games. And, of course, as you said, the dev has improved considerably since then.

Reactions: COOLERD3

Griftomedia

Jun 9, 2022
If you don't want to finish Sandstorm you don't really have to. All that really happens is he jumps through a portal. There are a number of reasons he chooses to do that, but in every scenario there is a girl involved. That might be the only detail that is applicable to your playthrough.
I guess I might not continue with it then
Just wanted more context on the MC's backstory and because I just wanted more of SnowStorm in general :ROFLMAO:

-CookieMonster666-

Devoted Member
Nov 20, 2018
Sandstorm always kind of struck me as practice for something better. You have to learn somehow. There has been marked improvement in this game so here's hoping it gets better as time goes on. If you don't want to finish Sandstorm you don't really have to. All that really happens is he jumps through a portal. There are a number of reasons he chooses to do that, but in every scenario there is a girl involved. That might be the only detail that is applicable to your playthrough.
I guess I might not continue with it then
Just wanted more context on the MC's backstory and because I just wanted more of SnowStorm in general :ROFLMAO:
I'm not saying playing Sandstorm is necessary before playing this. But there is backstory on the portals themselves (and why they are important to the series as a whole); some degree of tie between gems from then and crystals from this game; and so on. But sure, "All that really happens is he jumps through a portal". :FacePalm:

Zero141214

May 28, 2021
Is it posible to play all the events -excluding the ones for the 3 main LI, since they're clan-exclusive- in a single playthrough?

This game seems to be quite like the SMT Persona franchise, where time is limited and therefore imposible to fully experience every character. I find that very irritating. I like the game enough to be interested in getting to know all the characters to the end, but replaying the whole thing over and over because you run out of time isn't fun. The calendar mechanic doesn't add antything to the game. C'mon.

Unless I'm missing something, what's the point of replaying the whole game several times just because the calendar doesn't let you see all the characters? I understand the need of keeping different saves when there're several outcomes to X or Y situation (like in diferent endings if you want to see them all), but locking out content without a good reason (such as this calendar that doesn't allow us to meet the cast) seem pointless and also a waste of time.

-CookieMonster666-

Devoted Member
Nov 20, 2018
Is it posible to play all the events -excluding the ones for the 3 main LI, since they're clan-exclusive- in a single playthrough?

This game seems to be quite like the SMT Persona franchise, where time is limited and therefore imposible to fully experience every character. I find that very irritating. I like the game enough to be interested in getting to know all the characters to the end, but replaying the whole thing over and over because you run out of time isn't fun. The calendar mechanic doesn't add antything to the game. C'mon.

Unless I'm missing something, what's the point of replaying the whole game several times just because the calendar doesn't let you see all the characters? I understand the need of keeping different saves when there're several outcomes to X or Y situation (like in diferent endings if you want to see them all), but locking out content without a good reason (such as this calendar that doesn't allow us to meet the cast) seem pointless and also a waste of time.
No, that's not possible. The LIs exclusive to each clan (Nox, Astrja, and Candrid) have events / versions of events that are specific to them. For instance, in this latest release the primary event is considerably different depending on your clan. You will not get the same thing for each clan, so your interactions with the primary LI for your chosen clan are going to be different. It's just not doable in a single playthrough.

Reactions: Twistty
4.30 star(s) 46 Votes