Who are your favorite characters in SnowStorm ?

• Astrja, the blacksmith and chief's daughter (Wolves)

Votes: 3,658 45.1%
  • Candrid, the mischievous assassin (Bears)

Votes: 1,426 17.6%
  • Nox, the beautiful lady/witch (Ravens)

Votes: 2,912 35.9%
  • Mathilda, the elegant and haughty archer (Wolves)

Votes: 2,226 27.4%
  • Yrsa, the curious and welcoming redhead (Bears)

Votes: 1,949 24.0%
  • Lizgard, the shy bodyguard of Nox (Ravens)

Votes: 1,702 21.0%
  • Astrid, the lively little sister (Wolves)

Votes: 2,569 31.7%
  • Sonja, the mighty barbarian (Bears)

Votes: 1,804 22.2%
  • Katja, the hunter of the Raven's lair (Ravens)

Votes: 788 9.7%

• Total voters

Warscared

Jan 26, 2021
The fact that the vote of this thread is spread out so evenly says a lot about how good this game is.
or people´s overall tacky taste aka as in lack off...

you mean like when people claim some unappealing (by all regular standards) chick to be the best one?:unsure:
from the top of my head an example from SG and that chick with a scar, which perhaps only mother could love/vote for?:cautious:

nah, cant see it happening here - all these chicks are worth voting for, one really hardly can go wrong with either of them :WeSmart:
you just made a very very very ok not very powerfull enemy but an extremly and particularly anoying one!

Last edited:

Abhai

Devoted Member
Sep 12, 2018
or people´s overall tacky taste aka as in lack off...
you mean like when people claim some unappealing (by all regular standards) chick to be the best one?:unsure:
from the top of my head an example from SG and that chick with a scar, which perhaps only mother could love/vote for?:cautious:

nah, cant see it happening here - all these chicks are worth voting for, one really hardly can go wrong with either of them :WeSmart:

imzahai

Apr 19, 2019

i thought Sasha's scar was from fighting Ayua...
i guess we will find out.

Warscared

Jan 26, 2021

HERM WE SEEN THEIR LIFES... i mean except for the wolves younger daughter all of them should have some sort of scarification ! we have seen them all as fighters and huntresses so Sasha Having a scar is a mistery, these girls not having them is an even bigger mistery in the world that is being portrayed!

Reactions: Abhai

UncleFredo

Aug 29, 2020
Just finished V0.35. Thanks for veery enjoyable VN. Nicely done! Music fits, visuals are quite good, writing is pretty good, the ladies are compelling. All in all very high quality thanks for your hard work.

I'm going to offer some criticism that I hope you'll find productive, however it's worth what you've paid for it so its value is solely up to you. I played through the first selected clan (WW) three times and the other two twice.

Although it's not your product, nor your problem, this seems a good place to mention that the walkthrough mod has a few errors that prevent gaining affinity with three or four women.

Given that pursuing the primary LI from more that one clan is disallowed, it's obvious that, to experience all the content, a minimum of three play throughs are necessary. What is not obvious until you begin to play is that the restrictions on the calendar make it impossible to cover all the side content and your selected primary LI in a single play through. Very annoying.

The PDF correctly identifies those choices. However the PDF lacks many details that would allow the player to minimize replaying various segments. The reason that I ended up playing through the various clans multiple time is that nowhere in the walkthrough was it pointed out that the order of one's choices determined whether or not you'd have the required stats for other choices. So the player ends up making a throw away pass at the primary LI to determine requirements, then selecting side girls based on the stat map in the PDF (which doesn't generally provide insight into stat gains when playing other parts of the path). What this means is even if I want to focus on the LIs of one clan, I find that I need to gain affinity with women from the other clans to get the required stats for the primary LI of the clan I'm pursuing. This increases the annoyance of the time limitation imposed by the calendar.

Why oh why is there free roam? Why oh why am I searching the background to click on guards or Ravens? How does that enhance my enjoyment of a visual novel. To quote the developer's PDF "Is this game a SandBox or an RPG? No." The developer then goes on to say "That said, you might have to think about your actions, their order, the girls you choose to romance, in order to get all the available content." So let me give you a bit of insight: That's pretty much the core aspect of a SandBox or RPG. If you use elements of a SandBox or a RPG then that's what you're creating. It is disingenuous to hand wave that away. That said, I was never stranded trying to figure out what to click on to advance the plot, so for me those elements were just annoying, not disqualifying.

Despite my criticisms, you have produced a very solid and highly enjoyable product. I look forward to your next release. Thank you again for your hard work and commitment to quality.

-CookieMonster666-

Devoted Member
Nov 20, 2018
I love that GleenX and I were on the same page (as a joke, obviously):

1680369091341.png
5 HOURS AGO

It's finally time to announce the third episode of the saga: ShitStorm !
Get your tissues ready, you're going to get a kick out of it !

The synopsis is about Sterquilinus, the Roman god of digestion who is having a misfortune.
He was invited to a dinner prepared by Bastet. Little did he know about the terrible cooking skills of the Egyptian Cat Goddess.
Now he has an incurable diarrhoea, which threatens to flood the earth. The MC and his team of sexy angels have to stop this disaster.

The roster will be announced soon...

... or not. ;)

On a more serious note :
. Don't miss it!

Warscared

Jan 26, 2021

View attachment 2512802
5 HOURS AGO

The synopsis is about Sterquilinus, the Roman god of digestion who is having a misfortune.
He was invited to a dinner prepared by Bastet. Little did he know about the terrible cooking skills of the Egyptian Cat Goddess.
Now he has an incurable diarrhoea, which threatens to flood the earth. The MC and his team of sexy angels have to stop this disaster.

... or not. ;)

On a more serious note :
. Don't miss it!
i knew that my fixation with asses and assholes would end up getting me in deep shit,
scatology is a kink afterall but... its just not my thing!

• Wow
Reactions: -CookieMonster666-

HentaiGamerN00b

Sep 6, 2020

View attachment 2512802
5 HOURS AGO

... or not. ;)

On a more serious note :
. Don't miss it!
Finally! Shitnarok!.

Danv

Aug 21, 2020
inability to grab girls from other routes into harem hurts my nonexistent soul, needs hero mod to glue all routes into one, shouldn't be that hard to do technically - either alternate whole days (day1route1 -> day1route2 -> day1route3 -> day2route1 -> day2route2 ...) or more fancy - alternate all route scenes within a day as they happen time wise
yeah it won't make any fucking sense in term of the plot or eventual ending, but at least you could play whole game at once instead of 1/3 at a time

Abhai

Devoted Member
Sep 12, 2018
inability to grab girls from other routes into harem hurts my nonexistent soul, needs hero mod to glue all routes into one, shouldn't be that hard to do technically - either alternate whole days (day1route1 -> day1route2 -> day1route3 -> day2route1 -> day2route2 ...) or more fancy - alternate all route scenes within a day as they happen time wise
yeah it won't make any fucking sense in term of the plot or eventual ending, but at least you could play whole game at once instead of 1/3 at a time
funny enough, my (non)existent soul hurts to read similar comments in virtually every game thread having a misfortune to be tagged as "harem", even if it isnt mindless kn fuckfest.

NewTricks

Forum Fanatic
Nov 1, 2017
funny enough, my (non)existent soul hurts to read similar comments in virtually every game thread having a misfortune to be tagged as "harem", even if it isnt mindless kn fuckfest.
A harem game just means that you can pick several girls of the multiplicity that are unnaturally interested in you, not that you get all of them. It is hard to drill this into the head of folks who would like to be the head of their own sex cult, though. Somehow I don't think that reading the bible out loud and telling them that the government is going to come for their guns is going to work with these girls. If he told them the world is going to end they would probably say something like "yes... and?" They haven't even invented rohypnol or Kool-aid yet so that's out. He's not a sultan or anything so he can't force them at swordpoint. Hell, a few of them would tear off a Jannisary's balls with their teeth if he tried. So his options for building an all-inclusive harem regardless of the tribe are somewhat limited.

• Sad
  • Hey there
Reactions: Warscared and Abhai

Nulldev

Nov 28, 2017
A harem game just means that you can pick several girls of the multiplicity that are unnaturally interested in you, not that you get all of them. It is hard to drill this into the head of folks who would like to be the head of their own sex cult, though. Somehow I don't think that reading the bible out loud and telling them that the government is going to come for their guns is going to work with these girls. If he told them the world is going to end they would probably say something like "yes... and?" They haven't even invented rohypnol or Kool-aid yet so that's out. He's not a sultan or anything so he can't force them at swordpoint. Hell, a few of them would tear off a Jannisary's balls with their teeth if he tried. So his options for building an all-inclusive harem regardless of the tribe are somewhat limited.
MC just need to sing the eye of the tiger while running up a hill, and all the girls will follow him.

• I just jizzed my pants
  • Yay, new update!
Reactions: NewTricks and Abhai

Dactess

Sep 9, 2021
Yeah not too many of the harem games sit right with me. I am for them but I just have trouble with suspension of disbelief. Though it is nice when the creators allow you to have mc somewhat test the water before making a decision. While I do think it is reasonable to have a point where you will get a bad end (eg if mc cheats after "locking" in a LI) if you pursue multiple characters in most VNs, if it says harem in the tag, I usually do assume that at the very least you won't be punished for having MC pursue multiple LI even if you end up having to make a choice.

Though,
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

And yes I know what my signatures are

Last edited:

7empest5teele

Dec 23, 2019
The first round I played this I was at Mandang day and had a variety of choices, I had to uninstall it and then reinstall, and now I have ZERO choices on my FIRST DAY in Raven's choice.
It isnt even the end of the week FFS, so HOW do I get to play this properly?
I deleted the folders, re-downloaded everything., unpacked it, then restarted it from the beginning, and STILL the same crap?

Skyangel007

Jan 14, 2018
So I noticed Sandstorm a while ago and tried it before but it didn't really interest me so I quit early on in the story. But then I stumble on this so I decided to play Sandstorm yesterday after which I played Snowstorm... I personally didn't really like Sandstorm as I thought the girls and renders were average looking and I wasn't really immersed in the story (I also felt the general flow of the story was predictable). But then I played Snowstorm expecting a similar quality (with the exception of the renders) but...

I'm shocked by the major change in quality. The story and characters this time are really interesting and diverse in their personalities + the renders are amazing (both characters and background). Sound effects/music isn't to bad either. Kudo's to you dev! You really step up your game!

I'm also very intrigued and impressed by the way you sorted out the story with regards to the main story paths. I don't remember playing a game where what faction/path determines (mostly) what characters you interact with in the way you have done. Really interesting as it provide an entire different story/perspective on replay (which makes replaying the game also more compelling & fun). You got a fan/patron in me!
1680779476156.png
Damn Nox is so hot man xD

Last edited:
Reactions: Pr0GamerJohnny
4.30 star(s) 48 Votes