Who are your favorite characters in SnowStorm ?

• Astrja, the blacksmith and chief's daughter (Wolves)

Votes: 3,633 45.1%
  • Candrid, the mischievous assassin (Bears)

Votes: 1,412 17.5%
  • Nox, the beautiful lady/witch (Ravens)

Votes: 2,888 35.9%
  • Mathilda, the elegant and haughty archer (Wolves)

Votes: 2,215 27.5%
  • Yrsa, the curious and welcoming redhead (Bears)

Votes: 1,933 24.0%
  • Lizgard, the shy bodyguard of Nox (Ravens)

Votes: 1,688 21.0%
  • Astrid, the lively little sister (Wolves)

Votes: 2,549 31.7%
  • Sonja, the mighty barbarian (Bears)

Votes: 1,791 22.3%
  • Katja, the hunter of the Raven's lair (Ravens)

Votes: 785 9.8%

• Total voters

Ancient Devil

Dec 20, 2023
Download via pixledrain 1hr 33min
via the rpdl.net torrent 1hr 8min.

Had one yesterday, though, that was several hours faster
using the torrent.

Haven't played Snowstorm in awhile so am really looking forward to this.

Cheers all
Dude did you download from both just to check the speed:oops:.

Abhai

Devoted Member
Sep 12, 2018
Torrents are based on uploaders speed, the swarm, etc. - so lots of variables to consider.
Pixledrain was great - but they have changed to the ... not so great anymore.
Try Gofile - seems like the most consistent, speed wise.
View attachment 3677011
1hr 33min? Wow that sucks. :oops:
How bad is your internet speed?
his speed isnt that much of a problem for majority of users around.
the problem is his decision to use uncompressed/original versions.
it is 6 GB, meaning with average dl speed of 1MB/s (which is quite average speed in my region), it will last 1:30-1:45 h to download.

btw, for quite some time ive worked as compressor downloading original games and uploading compressed versions - more often than not, depending on game size, it took me a few hours to download/upload just one game (lets say 3GB download and 500MB-1GB upload).

the bottom line would be - there is no bad internet (if there IS an internet), there are bad (users) choices.

• Wow
Reactions: Twistty

Forgotted

Sep 1, 2020
Try Gofile - seems like the most consistent, speed wise.

1hr 33min? Wow that sucks. :oops:
How bad is your internet speed?

Lol, 10mb on a good day going downhill with a good strong tailwind!

I'm in a rural area, most out here don't really have access to high speed...
-------------

The folks that DO have access to 'high speed' are on dsl and max speed is 3mb

On the other hand, I have access to lots of bear, deer, and other 'friends..'

Thanks for the gofile tip. Will try them for awhile
Cheers

• Hey there
Reactions: Twistty

Hildegardt

Oct 18, 2017
Astrid scene felt rushed as fuck and kind of underwhelming. The pacing seemed crazy fast this update, felt like speedrunning the endgame.
Compared to the Lizgaard scene that consisted of like two renders, though? Or the first Astrija scene a few updates back that had shitty angles and ended with getting interrupted by Torsten?
Dunno if it felt rushed to me. The Mathilda path perhaps, atleast compared to the Katja path. What's weird though was that there was a lot of Sonja, not that I'm complaining. But it almost felt like more Sonja than on the BB path. I'd have instead expected more than one Astrija scene for the WW update.

Forgotted

Sep 1, 2020
his speed isnt that much of a problem for majority of users around.
the problem is his decision to use uncompressed/original versions.
it is 6 GB, meaning with average dl speed of 1MB/s (which is quite average speed in my region), it will last 1:30-1:45 h to download.

Yeah, what he said! lol

I'm generally not sitting around waiting on the downloads... I start them then go do something else
or maybe let them run overnight if I'm downloading several.

Yes I wouldn't mind higher speeds, but am plenty happy w what I have. Like I said. Most don't have
it or it's a lot slower.

Also it's only $35 per month so that's not bad either!

Cheers all

• Wow
  • Hey there
Reactions: Nulldev and Abhai

Forgotted

Sep 1, 2020
there was a lot of Sonja, not that I'm complaining. But it almost felt like more Sonja than on the BB path. I'd have instead expected more than one Astrija scene for the WW update.
I have a lot of catching up to do, but at least, from the looks of the poll,
it seems like the whole story is well written/balanced.

Doesn't look like a couple of main girls with the rest just being minor side characters. So that's great
(but I'm just talking out my hat atm since I haven't played for awhile)

Cheers

turbojoe

Forum Fanatic
Sep 27, 2021
Btw I´m getting more and more confused from which savegame I should start the updates.
Before release of 0.5BB I had savegames for each clan to proceed, but after continuing with 0.5BB and 0.6DR should I also start with my old WW save to continue with 0.7WW?
Especially after changing the clan of several members in the previous 2 updates I wonder how this will work in the future.
Is there still the strictly seperation of pathes depending on the membership of MC only? Or will there be new branches of the story?

For example in 0.6DR MC can stick at DR with Nox or alternatively change to BB with Katja. So I´m having 2 savegames to continue the following updates whether as DR or BB.

Bob69

Uploading the World
Uploader
Donor
Mar 2, 2019
SnowStorm [v0.7 WW] [GleenX Studio] - Update only

The patch may break your game, use at your own risk.
If you missed it you can find the old Update only patch HERE.

Universal: v0.6 DR -> v0.7 WW [828 MB]
- - - -

You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

Please @ me or quote this post if there is a new version that doesn't show up on the "Latest Updates" page.

Feb 25, 2022
SnowStorm Newsletter 2024-May
Patreon post image-3.png Patreon post image-5.png Patreon post image-6.png Patreon post image-7.png Patreon post image-8.png

What's new in the EraStorm world during this cherry blossom month? The new update of SnowStorm is out : aka v0.7-WW featuring the White Wolves of course and also Sonja and Lizgard.

Bonus gallery with all the best renders + secrets renders + extras of the v0.7

Lizgard got an out of context gallery, I would say a punky gallery.

A preview gallery of DustStorm, featuring Lana and Amelie.

preglovr12

Salt is a Way of Life
May 1, 2018
Can you elaborate? Im curious.
I expected something different, not sure what to be honest... Im stil digesting the update.
I realize the story isnt finished yet but it just seems like we're being railroaded into the bloody bears harem path for the sake of an easier development cycle for the devs. It feels like an asshole MC choice when you just got done trying to explain things to Astrid.

Tokenugget

Jan 25, 2022
I realize the story isnt finished yet but it just seems like we're being railroaded into the bloody bears harem path for the sake of an easier development cycle for the devs. It feels like an asshole MC choice when you just got done trying to explain things to Astrid.
Haven't played the update yet, but that's good news imo. I'm so sick of VNs that try to create 3 or more stories in one game. Juggling saves, updates that only cater to one path, huge development time to progress the story... No wonder so many games get abandoned. Eventually the story becomes a nightmare to manage and account for all the "choices"

Reactions: Wolf14

preglovr12

Salt is a Way of Life
May 1, 2018
Haven't played the update yet, but that's good news imo. I'm so sick of VNs that try to create 3 or more stories in one game. Juggling saves, updates that only cater to one path, huge development time to progress the story... No wonder so many games get abandoned. Eventually the story becomes a nightmare to manage and account for all the "choices"
I understand what youre saying but theres a much easier way to accomplish that.

Do you need to play sandstorm to understand the story?
Not at all.

Reactions: DannyLucifer
4.30 star(s) 48 Votes