Who are your favorite characters in SnowStorm ?

• Astrja, the blacksmith and chief's daughter (Wolves)

Votes: 3,650 45.1%
  • Candrid, the mischievous assassin (Bears)

Votes: 1,425 17.6%
  • Nox, the beautiful lady/witch (Ravens)

Votes: 2,905 35.9%
  • Mathilda, the elegant and haughty archer (Wolves)

Votes: 2,222 27.5%
  • Yrsa, the curious and welcoming redhead (Bears)

Votes: 1,945 24.0%
  • Lizgard, the shy bodyguard of Nox (Ravens)

Votes: 1,700 21.0%
  • Astrid, the lively little sister (Wolves)

Votes: 2,563 31.7%
  • Sonja, the mighty barbarian (Bears)

Votes: 1,802 22.3%
  • Katja, the hunter of the Raven's lair (Ravens)

Votes: 787 9.7%

• Total voters

preglovr12

Salt is a Way of Life
May 1, 2018
Well, obviously. But didn't you just criticize the game for "railroading" us into a harem? I mean, i'm confused.
I mean a completely different group of women for the harem. Clearly the WW are in need of a bit of repopulating, and with all the women in the tavern already clamoring for you, it's a lot easier simplify the story in that manner. The BB harem path is full of backstabbing and undermining, which MC fully agrees to if the player takes that path, but forcing a morally "good" MC down that path simply because the player prefers Mathilda seems dumb to me. I dont feel like either I nor the MC in the story has made a choice.

Tokenugget

Jan 25, 2022
I mean a completely different group of women for the harem. Clearly the WW are in need of a bit of repopulating, and with all the women in the tavern already clamoring for you, it's a lot easier simplify the story in that manner. The BB harem path is full of backstabbing and undermining, which MC fully agrees to if the player takes that path, but forcing a morally "good" MC down that path simply because the player prefers Mathilda seems dumb to me. I dont feel like either I nor the MC in the story has made a choice.
Oh, i think we're having two different conversations :ROFLMAO: I was simply relieved to hear you say "railroaded into the bloody bears harem path for the sake of an easier development cycle for the devs" ... I thought that might bring us more updates with story progression if the 3 distinct story lines merge a bit.

JJJ84

Engaged Member
Dec 24, 2018
Finished the update.
I did enjoy it (and this update is a lot longer than the BB or DR updates in terms of content).
Sadly, despite enjoying it, I have to admit that it's the weakest one out of the 3 paths (BB, DR, WW) from the recent 3 updates so far.

Couple of things to note:

You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

preglovr12

Salt is a Way of Life
May 1, 2018
Finished the update.
I did enjoy it (and this update is a lot longer than the BB or DR updates in terms of content).
Sadly, despite enjoying it, I have to admit that it's the weakest one out of the 3 paths (BB, DR, WW) from the recent 3 updates so far.

Yeah, so many things in this update feel like they need small tweaks and theyd be fine. It'd be easy to have the same scene (until the player choice) with the carpenter if Mathilda was helping him and needed a special tool made and he was too busy doing roofing or something. Clearly the dev needed to have a carpenter scene so MC can get the rocking horse but what we landed on seemed regressive.

I always felt like we knew the least about the WW girls, and this update points to the devs maybe not really knowing what to do with them.

Reactions: Mpkstroff and JJJ84

Ancient Devil

Dec 20, 2023
Finished the update.

Yeah Mathilda's plot seemed a bit off. She sure sometimes gave jealous vibes but didn't seem like someone who would try to throw torsten from the power. She is a mean bitch but not a kind of backstabber.

JJJ84

Engaged Member
Dec 24, 2018
Yeah, so many things in this update feel like they need small tweaks and theyd be fine. It'd be easy to have the same scene (until the player choice) with the carpenter if Mathilda was helping him and needed a special tool made and he was too busy doing roofing or something. Clearly the dev needed to have a carpenter scene so MC can get the rocking horse but what we landed on seemed regressive.

I always felt like we knew the least about the WW girls, and this update points to the devs maybe not really knowing what to do with them.

WarriorSteel

Jul 27, 2021
2) Lizgard's path progressing faster in the WW path (who we now have sex, even though it was very short) than the actual DR path (no sex yet) is kind of an odd feeling to say the least lol
That one progressed faster because Lizgard thinks she will never see the MC again, differently from the DR MC where they are still together.

4) MC being not smart enough to piece it together that Astrid and Astrja are only half sisters especially when Astrid says "Gertrude, I'm not blue eyed!" making it clearly obvious, not to mention being an idiot in front of Skadi mentioning Astrid's name.
This resulted in a drastic consequence of Astrja throwing poor Gertrude in the dungeon (or what very much seems like a dungeon).
Game's WW arc always portrayed Astrja as someone who is kind and someone who tries to do what's just.
She just pieces things together (even much faster than MC ever does :HideThePain: ), gets pissed at Gertrude and just throws her in the dungeon like confinement? Without even hearing what Gertrude had to say?
I dunno, seems kinda out of character for Astrja, especially the kind of relationship she had with Gertrude being almost a mother figure to her growing up.
It has nothing to do about they being half sister. Astrja shows a bottle to Gertrude, possibly the poison that was used to kill her father.

imzahai

Apr 19, 2019
i'm thinking of starting all over again, Again...
though i do have a playthrough for each 'team' hmm...

JJJ84

Engaged Member
Dec 24, 2018
That one progressed faster because Lizgard thinks she will never see the MC again, differently from the DR MC where they are still together.
When I made that comment, it wasn't necessarily me saying stating that as a negative (though wouldn't say positive either lol).
Just that it was an odd feeling.
Probably due to other posts being more on the negative side it's more perceived as a negative.
I could have put some other points that I liked about the update, but the post was already long at that point and I felt lazy :p:KEK:

It has nothing to do about they being half sister. Astrja shows a bottle to Gertrude, possibly the poison that was used to kill her father.
Yeah, after the initial post, I rewatched that ending again when BurgRoyce pointed it out (hence the followup post).
Even so, I think there could have been better ways to go about it.

But out of all my points, I think biggest matter that came to my attention immediately was Mathilda's arc.
That, I...... just don't think was handled all that well.

Last edited:

Daquarius

Jan 23, 2018
BB is the most coherent route. You know exactly what you'll get for every decision, even thought there's some surprises, you understand exactly why the girl got pissed off with your choice, or why she approved it. In the other routes some simple decisions means life or death.

WW have the protagonist energy vibe, but at this point in the story, the only one with some agency is Candrid. She is the protagonist of this game and not playing by her side feels strange. When we find the Godess with Astrja feels like the WW are the protagonists back again, but we only will see the consequences of it in the next update.

Dr.TSoni

May 20, 2022
The BB harem path is full of backstabbing and undermining, which MC fully agrees to if the player takes that path, but forcing a morally "good" MC down that path simply because the player prefers Mathilda seems dumb to me. I dont feel like either I nor the MC in the story has made a choice.
The problem is that by choosing Mathilda the consequences and what it means are explained after the choice by Candrid.

single_guy_from_au

Jun 18, 2023
Does anybody know - if there will be Season 2 for this excellent game? I was really hoping for the Season 2 of Desert Storm, but this game is really good too.

GleenXstudio - thank you for your excellent games! (y)

KudoTrtqn

Jun 4, 2017
But out of all my points, I think biggest matter that came to my attention immediately was Mathilda's arc.
That, I...... just don't think was handled all that well.
I agree with you completely. This update feels kinda weird to me, especially the Mathilda's arc. Defending her honor are not necessarily denying Astrid's honor, and vice versa. MC can mention Mathilda's good deed (help the village when Torsten's family is not available) while justifying the lack of action from Torsten (sick)/ Astrjda (searching for mother)

blikdak

Jun 13, 2023
I agree with you completely. This update feels kinda weird to me, especially the Mathilda's arc. Defending her honor are not necessarily denying Astrid's honor, and vice versa. MC can mention Mathilda's good deed (help the village when Torsten's family is not available) while justifying the lack of action from Torsten (sick)/ Astrjda (searching for mother)
Maybe Mathilda, as someone who has been outsider is more fit to be leader? (also not talking/wanting to about her past).

4.30 star(s) 48 Votes