Who are your favorite characters in SnowStorm ?

• Astrja, the blacksmith and chief's daughter (Wolves)

Votes: 3,656 45.1%
  • Candrid, the mischievous assassin (Bears)

Votes: 1,426 17.6%
  • Nox, the beautiful lady/witch (Ravens)

Votes: 2,911 35.9%
  • Mathilda, the elegant and haughty archer (Wolves)

Votes: 2,223 27.4%
  • Yrsa, the curious and welcoming redhead (Bears)

Votes: 1,948 24.0%
  • Lizgard, the shy bodyguard of Nox (Ravens)

Votes: 1,701 21.0%
  • Astrid, the lively little sister (Wolves)

Votes: 2,568 31.7%
  • Sonja, the mighty barbarian (Bears)

Votes: 1,803 22.2%
  • Katja, the hunter of the Raven's lair (Ravens)

Votes: 788 9.7%

• Total voters

WarriorSteel

Jul 27, 2021
I reapplied it, did not solve it. If you don't get affection with Sonja after the arm wrestling event, even though it writes str+ it does not raise from 13 to 14. I did not apply it on a clean install, mind you, just overwritten game folder again.
Why not get the affection then?

GleenXstudio

EraStorm Dev
Game Developer
Dec 22, 2018
I reapplied it, did not solve it. If you don't get affection with Sonja after the arm wrestling event, even though it writes str+ it does not raise from 13 to 14. I did not apply it on a clean install, mind you, just overwritten game folder again.
that's a bug which happened in the original version around v0.5 and which concerns code in old scripts.
it was solved later in the following original updates in v0.6/v0.7, but maybe the mod followed on the v0.5 and missed that fix as it didn't concern the recent scripts

nevermind that, one thing you really should improve are animations - and im not talking about fps or similar stuff.
just please dont make them as "textless" sequences inserted between still renders with text (dialogue, monologue, whatever).
thats the worst thing that completely kills vibe of sex scenes.
and it doesnt take much effort to improve it significantly at all.:HideThePain:

apart from that "minor" inconvenience those are great games 1/1.
in the story department one of the best around.
I'm aware it's not the strongest part of the game. In v0.7, I already started to try some new stuff compared to before (with Sonja, Astrja & Mathilda) but these were soft measures and in v0.8 it will be quite the strong measures, with new techniques, new animators, new coding, new structure and then I'll make a poll to check the feedback of players on the different techniques. There will be scenes with your suggestion, I did that already at times btw (not often on lewd animations, though), so I technically know how to do it. It's just that to me, it was making the scene too short and too hypnotical when the loops are repeating forever, and I don't find it very comfortable to read while something is moving behind, so it was not really my favorite technique. I made a poll on patreon on the matter, and it seems like 70% agree with you, so I'll give it a try. v0.8 will quite the lewd laboratory... but it's for science, lol.

Just be aware that spending more time on lewd scenes means that the story doesn't progress much on the other side (can't have everything sadly, and story, looks and atmosphere have always been the most important aspect to me, and I'm not looking to make SnowStorm even slower than it is already). Increase of quality = increase of time. That's the AVN law. I was much faster at releasing SandStorm updates because I used to give very little care to details compared to now. And now, I can't accept anymore to provide bad art, or random stuff.

That said, with experience and maybe some dedicated staff, I'm pretty positive that I'll catch up on the lewd part sooner or later. At first, my art was pretty poor (remember first updates of SandStorm), and now it's one of the strong points. Same can be said on the writing, which was considered weak in SandStorm, and I don't believe it's the case anymore in SnowStorm (can't thank enough the proofing team xD), so there is always hope. If lewd scenes are now getting in the front line of criticisms, it means the rest got better for this aspect to become the new weak point, and thus my new priority and range of improvements.

Also I won't release the 3rd episode before I've leveled up all the aspects of AVN to the same height. DustStorm has to climb another step compared to SnowStorm in terms of quality and technique, like the clear step that happened between SnowStorm and SandStorm. I'm quite ambitious and competitive, so I'm always motivated to do better, and also to do stuff that are uncommon (and thus challenging) in the AVN market. ;)

StingerWolf

Sep 5, 2017
that's a bug which happened in the original version around v0.5 and which concerns code in old scripts.
it was solved later in the following original updates in v0.6/v0.7, but maybe the mod followed on the v0.5 and missed that fix as it didn't concern the recent scripts

I'm aware it's not the strongest part of the game. In v0.7, I already started to try some new stuff compared to before (with Sonja, Astrja & Mathilda) but these were soft measures and in v0.8 it will be quite the strong measures, with new techniques, new animators, new coding, new structure and then I'll make a poll to check the feedback of players on the different techniques. There will be scenes with your suggestion, I did that already at times btw (not often on lewd animations, though), so I technically know how to do it. It's just that to me, it was making the scene too short and too hypnotical when the loops are repeating forever, and I don't find it very comfortable to read while something is moving behind, so it was not really my favorite technique. I made a poll on patreon on the matter, and it seems like 70% agree with you, so I'll give it a try. v0.8 will quite the lewd laboratory... but it's for science, lol.

Just be aware that spending more time on lewd scenes means that the story doesn't progress much on the other side (can't have everything sadly, and story, looks and atmosphere have always been the most important aspect to me, and I'm not looking to make SnowStorm even slower than it is already). Increase of quality = increase of time. That's the AVN law. I was much faster at releasing SandStorm updates because I used to give very little care to details compared to now. And now, I can't accept anymore to provide bad art, or random stuff.

That said, with experience and maybe some dedicated staff, I'm pretty positive that I'll catch up on the lewd part sooner or later. At first, my art was pretty poor (remember first updates of SandStorm), and now it's one of the strong points. Same can be said on the writing, which was considered weak in SandStorm, and I don't believe it's the case anymore in SnowStorm (can't thank enough the proofing team xD), so there is always hope. If lewd scenes are now getting in the front line of criticisms, it means the rest got better for this aspect to become the new weak point, and thus my new priority and range of improvements.

Also I won't release the 3rd episode before I've leveled up all the aspects of AVN to the same height. DustStorm has to climb another step compared to SnowStorm in terms of quality and technique, like the clear step that happened between SnowStorm and SandStorm. I'm quite ambitious and competitive, so I'm always motivated to do better, and also to do stuff that are uncommon (and thus challenging) in the AVN market. ;)
Wow, thank you for the information! One question though; why did you make Skaði a goddess? She is supposed to be jötunn. She was only let into Asgard among the Æsir, because of her marriage to Njord, a god. But she is a giant. You have made her gorgeous, though.

Abhai

Devoted Member
Sep 12, 2018

thanks for the response, everything ofc is a matter of personal preferences, yet im glad you are open to various feedback.
and most importantly that you are continuously trying to improve.

good luck with everything you wanna to achieve, gonna keep to follow your work no matter what.
even with some flaws you certainly are in top 5% VNs developers, so just keep going!
only the skies are the limit...or not(y)

GleenXstudio

EraStorm Dev
Game Developer
Dec 22, 2018
You have made her gorgeous, though.
You found the explanation on your own, lol (btw in most games and visual art, she is not represented as a giant because it's unsexy)
Skadi is the one who matched better with Astrja. (better than freyja for example)
She's not supposed to have a wolf with her neither. But I thought he would bring some fun to the situation, and also a nice context to the story (White Wolves),
so hey, I'll adapt the myths to what suits me best, I'm not making an history book :p .

StingerWolf

Sep 5, 2017
You found the explanation on your own, lol (btw in most games and visual art, she is not represented as a giant because it's unsexy)
Skadi is the one who matched better with Astrja. (better than freyja for example)
She's not supposed to have a wolf with her neither. But I thought he would bring some fun to the situation, and also a nice context to the story (White Wolves),
so hey, I'll adapt the myths to what suits me best, I'm not making an history book :p .
And thank God, you left those skis out, now that would have been very "unsexy" :D Freyja is overrated, thanks to that horrible God of War game. Frigg would have been a mismatch as well. Sif would have been an interesting choice, golden hair etc. but I guess you avoided her because of her GoW role.

Damn1t

Mar 5, 2022
Having played the 3 different faction paths (wolves, ravens, bears) each is interesting especially nox and the events with her at the current point.

turbojoe

Forum Fanatic
Sep 27, 2021
Just be aware that spending more time on lewd scenes means that the story doesn't progress much on the other side (can't have everything sadly, and story, looks and atmosphere have always been the most important aspect to me, and I'm not looking to make SnowStorm even slower than it is already).
And here we are..............
I guess I´m not the only one fascinated by the story of this awesome VN, so I hope you will follow this path until the glorious end.

Lewd scenes are the cherry on the cake but can´t substitute a thrilling story with well composed characters.

Warscared

Jan 26, 2021
Wow, thank you for the information! One question though; why did you make Skaði a goddess? She is supposed to be jötunn. She was only let into Asgard among the Æsir, because of her marriage to Njord, a god. But she is a giant. You have made her gorgeous, though.
in north mythology giant does not reflect the size of the being being described but the greatness of their souls,
even if they do bad things to the Aesir or the Vaenir the fact that they dared to stand makes them "giant" in spirit!

the same for dwarfs but on the opposite side, people who reduce themselves to small things
like owning a craft or just becoming greedy instead of trying to grow greater and above themselves!
in this case Astraja Father by his actions became a dwarf... always greedy,
while Nox although totally wrong has all commies inevitably are,
her pursuit of excelence, knowledge and trying to elevate others makes her a giantess!

our limited interpretation of the concept of dwarfs and giants and gods in north mythology has been skewered by the catholic interpretations!
plus the fact that some sort of racism infered into these concepts that did not exist in pagan north society!
so the jews and basically all semits were kindered to dwarfs as "greedy" ignoring that people who get obssessed over sex or other vices are also/or become "dwarfs"!
orcs both the big bulky war machines as well as the crafty goblins are now connected to the English view of Africans and overall blacks in the 18th and 19th century!
yes that includes the mixlings as being stronger and smarter!
when in reality orc´s did not exist before the 10 and mainly the 11th century, cause orcs were fictionalised versions of the bretons and normans of northern france who would constantly raid the saxon populations of southern england... yes... orcs became the royal and noble families...
there is debate if the term orc also applyed to norse vikingers or just the northern french raiders!
vinkingers by the way is a verb not a defenition of a norseman, vikingers meant raider or those that raid!
so in the context of this story only the bloodybears could be considered vikingers and others who join them ocasionally were temporary vikingers!

So if a woman hones her beauty but does not neglect the rest of her life like knowledge spirituality and trying to be good to others she is a giantess!
while a woman that reduces all of her being into being attractive is a dwarf!
somehow the norse instinctually understood the law of smaller gains,

the story in sandstorm might have not beeng has complex but imho is still better, or at least the game, more options and the grey moral MC makes for a better game!

Sif would have been an interesting choice, golden hair etc.
you mean the bald chick?
Loki sucks as an hair dresser...

Reactions: StingerWolf

Milton749

Jul 26, 2023
thanks for the response, everything ofc is a matter of personal preferences, yet im glad you are open to various feedback.
and most importantly that you are continuously trying to improve.

good luck with everything you wanna to achieve, gonna keep to follow your work no matter what.
even with some flaws you certainly are in top 5% VNs developers, so just keep going!
only the skies are the limit...or not(y)
GleenXstudio, I'm out of reactions, but wanted to agree with Abhai. Your desire to provide something many will enjoy, your willingness to discuss what is going on and constant communication is outstanding :love: and you are definitely in the top echelon of developers. :) Love your work. :love:

Reactions: rolfcopter

Netgear

Jul 25, 2018
What's the variable that i have to change in the console to have the choice : Join the tournament and side with Candrid. ?

I have the BB path with Yrsa going Raven and the BB path with Sonja going White Wolf, but not the BB path with Candrid, probably going Bloody Bear.

Last edited:

StingerWolf

Sep 5, 2017
in north mythology giant does not reflect the size of the being being described but the greatness of their souls,
even if they do bad things to the Aesir or the Vaenir the fact that they dared to stand makes them "giant" in spirit!

the same for dwarfs but on the opposite side, people who reduce themselves to small things
like owning a craft or just becoming greedy instead of trying to grow greater and above themselves!
in this case Astraja Father by his actions became a dwarf... always greedy,
while Nox although totally wrong has all commies inevitably are,
her pursuit of excelence, knowledge and trying to elevate others makes her a giantess!

our limited interpretation of the concept of dwarfs and giants and gods in north mythology has been skewered by the catholic interpretations!
plus the fact that some sort of racism infered into these concepts that did not exist in pagan north society!
so the jews and basically all semits were kindered to dwarfs as "greedy" ignoring that people who get obssessed over sex or other vices are also/or become "dwarfs"!
orcs both the big bulky war machines as well as the crafty goblins are now connected to the English view of Africans and overall blacks in the 18th and 19th century!
yes that includes the mixlings as being stronger and smarter!
when in reality orc´s did not exist before the 10 and mainly the 11th century, cause orcs were fictionalised versions of the bretons and normans of northern france who would constantly raid the saxon populations of southern england... yes... orcs became the royal and noble families...
there is debate if the term orc also applyed to norse vikingers or just the northern french raiders!
vinkingers by the way is a verb not a defenition of a norseman, vikingers meant raider or those that raid!
so in the context of this story only the bloodybears could be considered vikingers and others who join them ocasionally were temporary vikingers!

So if a woman hones her beauty but does not neglect the rest of her life like knowledge spirituality and trying to be good to others she is a giantess!
while a woman that reduces all of her being into being attractive is a dwarf!
somehow the norse instinctually understood the law of smaller gains,

the story in sandstorm might have not beeng has complex but imho is still better, or at least the game, more options and the grey moral MC makes for a better game!

you mean the bald chick?
Loki sucks as an hair dresser...
She got one better than her initial hair and thanks to that Mjolnir was forged as well.

Reactions: Warscared

turbojoe

Forum Fanatic
Sep 27, 2021
I can't run my old save, what is the problem exactly?

View attachment 3772863 View attachment 3772864
Had the same trouble at continuing with update 0.7 WW. Some saves worked, some not.
These exeptions are mostly caused by different mod versions.
Try to start with or without mod, otherwise do the same as myself: start complete new playthrough - and enjoy this amazing VN from the very beginning........ :p:D

stahlblau

Jan 14, 2024
Had the same trouble at continuing with update 0.7 WW. Some saves worked, some not.
These exeptions are mostly caused by different mod versions.
Try to start with or without mod, otherwise do the same as myself: start complete new playthrough - and enjoy this amazing VN from the very beginning........ :p:D
I only have one saved, I don't need to start over, I still remember every scene of the game. I think I'll stay here for now, maybe there will be a solution in the coming days

Levian

Mar 9, 2018
I only have one saved, I don't need to start over, I still remember every scene of the game. I think I'll stay here for now, maybe there will be a solution in the coming days
Does the error come immediately you open the save? I've had issues where I've made the save too "late" and get an error if trying to continue. They've always solved by first scrolling back and then continuing normally.

4.30 star(s) 48 Votes