Who are your favorite characters in SnowStorm ?

• Astrja, the blacksmith and chief's daughter (Wolves)

Votes: 3,676 45.2%
  • Candrid, the mischievous assassin (Bears)

Votes: 1,431 17.6%
  • Nox, the beautiful lady/witch (Ravens)

Votes: 2,921 35.9%
  • Mathilda, the elegant and haughty archer (Wolves)

Votes: 2,232 27.4%
  • Yrsa, the curious and welcoming redhead (Bears)

Votes: 1,957 24.1%
  • Lizgard, the shy bodyguard of Nox (Ravens)

Votes: 1,710 21.0%
  • Astrid, the lively little sister (Wolves)

Votes: 2,577 31.7%
  • Sonja, the mighty barbarian (Bears)

Votes: 1,812 22.3%
  • Katja, the hunter of the Raven's lair (Ravens)

Votes: 791 9.7%

• Total voters

estrada777

Engaged Member
Modder
Donor
Mar 22, 2020
So there's no highlighting of text for the Sonja scene before the tournement. I just happened to try all the options hence finding it.
I guess the walkthrough has a specific route it's taking, which is a bit confusing as the game has so many different routes so it threw me when the walkthrough takes you off the Yrsa path, then off the Sonja path.
I've tried to highlight the choices that give points, and in any spot where there aren't clear points given I let the user decide. If you can provide specific dialogue I can search the code and see if maybe I missed one.

Warscared

Jan 26, 2021
I've tried to highlight the choices that give points, and in any spot where there aren't clear points given I let the user decide. If you can provide specific dialogue I can search the code and see if maybe I missed one.
just remember the choices are combined!
that means that you must do 3 right out of 5 to stay in the girls path!
but due to previous choices or the order you choose to do the daily events
some scenarios you only got 4 choices or even just 3 choices!
the order is further important cause for some choices you must have the stats!
but if you did not visit the cave with Yrsa even if you have no interest in her
your dex stats will suck ass, the same for Sonjia 2nd training day in regards to strenght!
which will funel you into specific paths, that was actually the original plan but...
better to make it simpler or dumbdumbs would get confused! thus 4 girls get cut from every path!
how i miss my intelectual Bloodybear... that was the perfect build, end of week 2 i had 19 inteligence
15 strenght and 14 dexterity, i would get to 15 dexterity on the heist and then gleen cut my legs off!

Sylaann

Nov 4, 2020
Hi, I'm wonderring, what happens to Helga if we aren't siding with Candrid? I didn't finish the Raven ending but in the wolf one Lizgard told me they were leaving.
If I go with Yrsa at the end of the Bloody Bears quest does it means I abandon Helga and leave forever with the Dark Ravens?

WarriorSteel

Jul 27, 2021
Hi, I'm wonderring, what happens to Helga if we aren't siding with Candrid? I didn't finish the Raven ending but in the wolf one Lizgard told me they were leaving.
If I go with Yrsa at the end of the Bloody Bears quest does it means I abandon Helga and leave forever with the Dark Ravens?
Yes, if you leave, you abandon her.

GleenXstudio

EraStorm Dev
Game Developer
Dec 22, 2018
I'll take a few random Q&A today

Helga and Randi's outcome will be shortly portrayed in the next update, btw.
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

again another logic fail though.
if something is a Viking's its Theirs until they're dead or willingly part with it via sale or barter/trade.
because they will kill you for trying to take it. might makes right and all that.
yrsa left not even understanding she was going to live in a cave with a bunch of other people.
with Nox's fleeing to the hidden city, none of them know where they will reside.
the You lose all your stuff if you leave the clan translates to - its not your stuff, you get to use it.
that whole you will own nothing and be happy bullshyte.

that is definitely not the impression you get about vikings.
Thorsten's greed got him killed, if none of it was really his..... he is retarded, not blinded by greed.
Not sure to understand your point
Randi is not Yrsa's thrall nor property.
When Yrsa leaves to join Nox, it's more like she flees to join her, to stay close to her daughter, because she has more trust on Nox than on what is left of the BB. At that point she doesn't care about her future lifestyle (she is not a materialist girl, she could be richer but never really bothered to), she took all what she could, and abandoned the rest.

Only Ravens' style of life is special and obviously weird/uncommon for vikings. (but maybe some few tribes did live like this, who knows, who can prove the contrary?) Whatever the historical accuracy, in SnowStorm story, it's like this with Dark Ravens.
I don't know why you assumed it was like this for the other clans as well. For BB and WW, it's working the viking way. What's theirs is theirs. It has been portrayed like this from the start I believe.

Agreed. I don't really like the way Vikings are portrayed in this VN and I've kind of put it in my headcanon that this isn't real history but some kind of twisted alternate reality. I complained a little in the first few updates but just gave up and decided to take the ride. I figured that if I could get through the History Channel's Vikings show I can survive this one. The Vikings didn't function like this and some of the mythology is even inconsistent. Kind of like the Egyptian mythology from the first game that gave my friend the Egyptologist conniption fits. I've made my peace with it even though I roll my eyes every so often. Kind of like Candrid being a virgin even though she fit that huge golden goblet up her ass.
Like I said many times, it's a fantasy game, not a history game. If it was the later, almost no one would play it, starting from the outfits and the clean looks. People should not forget it's an AVN.
Inconsistency is when people complain about some historical inaccuracies, but find time travel through portals and shining axes totally normal...:p
SnowStorm is just using the Viking and Norse lore, but is nowhere close to a teaching material or some history book. I thought it was obvious, but I guess I have to do a reminder again :)
But isn't mythology just assumption and interpretation of few old books and poems? And there are as many interpretations as historians/readers/mythologists. Saying it's inconsistent, well... I totally agree. And I would add : like most of what you read about mythology anyway ;). What is the truth there?
PS : This is not directed to you Newtricks (I know you gave up on this long time ago^^). It's just a general warning to people who expects SnowStorm to provide an exact approach of Viking's life. If even TV shows that did not have the need to make it sexy, were not even close to portray it, there are no chances that an AVN could do it, that's utopia ;)

Had the same problems doing a solo Astrja run. So I removed gallery mod (to make sure that wasn't problem), went back to start and did a speed run. Had to check, cause there has been nothing sexual forced at all and suddenly there is. It didn't make sense.

The Lizgard scene appears to be coding/linking error. After leaving Astrid it should jump to scene (chap5ww4n) instead it's jumping to (chap5ww5). The good news is it doesn't to appear to effect your path (apart from giving Liz a point). The story continues like it didn't happen (so far).

The Astrid one is a bit weirder. But I still suspect it's coding. There should have been a different scene if you didn't get the HJ from Astrid. But I can't find a scene that should be playing instead. Maybe it was accidently left out. Maybe someone with better skills than me (I'm purely an amateur with no coding skills at all) can find it. But, it also appears that after that scene, the path goes back to didn't happen (again, so far).

There was a lot of stuff that worked if you were doing a manwhore run, but on solo paths it was just way off.
Thank for the reports. The "failure" paths probably have to be tested more thoroughly next time, it seems to contain some errors like the lizgard one you mentioned. It's true that I pay less attention to these scenarios. It's on the to do list for the next beta testing session ;).

Note that I won't adapt the game to what 'cheats' and 'mods' can allow, it's already complicated enough. Like having 0 points with some girls (as I sometimes read here) is not possible unless you played with stats, and thus obviously, the outcome might be inconsistent because it was not considered in the code).
Most of the bug reports I get are due to using the mods in ways that are not reachable in-game, so just a little reminder to check this point before reporting ;). Not saying it's the mod fault's here, though, It's very possible that I missed one or two conditions to prevent the scene to continue when low affinity, especially on scenes that are common to two different clans as it makes the coding very touchy. I'll check that on due time ;).

---

Last edited:

Milton749

Engaged Member
Jul 26, 2023
I'll take a few random Q&A today

Helga and Randi's outcome will be shortly portrayed in the next update, btw.

Not sure to understand your point
Randi is not Yrsa's thrall nor property.
When Yrsa leaves to join Nox, it's more like she flees to join her, to stay close to her daughter, because she has more trust on Nox than on what is left of the BB. At that point she doesn't care about her future lifestyle (she is not a materialist girl, she could be richer but never really bothered to), she took all what she could, and abandoned the rest.

Only Ravens' style of life is special and obviously weird/uncommon for vikings. (but maybe some few tribes did live like this, who knows, who can prove the contrary?) Whatever the historical accuracy, in SnowStorm story, it's like this with Dark Ravens.
I don't know why you assumed it was like this for the other clans as well. For BB and WW, it's working the viking way. What's theirs is theirs. It has been portrayed like this from the start I believe.

Like I said many times, it's a fantasy game, not a history game. If it was the later, almost no one would play it, starting from the outfits and the clean looks. People should not forget it's an AVN.
Inconsistency is when people complain about some historical inaccuracies, but find time travel through portals and shining axes totally normal...:p
SnowStorm is just using the Viking and Norse lore, but is nowhere close to a teaching material or some history book. I thought it was obvious, but I guess I have to do a reminder again :)
But isn't mythology just assumption and interpretation of few old books and poems? And there are as many interpretations as historians/readers/mythologists. Saying it's inconsistent, well... I totally agree. And I would add : like most of what you read about mythology anyway ;). What is the truth there?
PS : This is not directed to you Newtricks (I know you gave up on this long time ago^^). It's just a general warning to people who expects SnowStorm to provide an exact approach of Viking's life. If even TV shows that did not have the need to make it sexy, were not even close to portray it, there are no chances that an AVN could do it, that's utopia ;)

Thank for the reports. The "failure" paths probably have to be tested more thoroughly next time, it seems to contain some errors like the lizgard one you mentioned. It's true that I pay less attention to these scenarios. It's on the to do list for the next beta testing session ;).

Note that I won't adapt the game to what 'cheats' and 'mods' can allow, it's already complicated enough. Like having 0 points with some girls (as I sometimes read here) is not possible unless you played with stats, and thus obviously, the outcome might be inconsistent because it was not considered in the code).
Most of the bug reports I get are due to using the mods in ways that are not reachable in-game, so just a little reminder to check this point before reporting ;). Not saying it's the mod fault's here, though, It's very possible that I missed one or two conditions to prevent the scene to continue when low affinity, especially on scenes that are common to two different clans as it makes the coding very touchy. I'll check that on due time ;).

---
Thanks for your response GleenXStudio, and willingness to communicate with players. Just one further point to my comments. I don't use mods, so the issues I received were based on the original paths. Thanks for the game, it's really awesome.

Reactions: GleenXstudio

SweatyDevil

Jan 8, 2022
I'm wondering what exact use the cheat variable gonna have in the game. Should I avoid it or it doesn't really matter? It looks like it could be use as mc is a "cheater" if he focus on more girls than one. But the confusing part is that you can get those "cheat variable points" even if you focus only on one girl. The most confusing part to me is the fact that is a point system. We're pretty far in the story but so far the variable has been used only to add points. No scene/dialogue variations, nothing. Perhaps is gonna be used for ending? How you much you cheated on a girl you chose in sandstorm perhaps? :unsure:

Reactions: earthfire

GleenXstudio

EraStorm Dev
Game Developer
Dec 22, 2018
I'm wondering what exact use the cheat variable gonna have in the game. Should I avoid it or it doesn't really matter? It looks like it could be use as mc is a "cheater" if he focus on more girls than one. But the confusing part is that you can get those "cheat variable points" even if you focus only on one girl. The most confusing part to me is the fact that is a point system. We're pretty far in the story but so far the variable has been used only to add points. No scene/dialogue variations, nothing. Perhaps is gonna be used for ending? How you much you cheated on a girl you chose in sandstorm perhaps? :unsure:
You can ignore that variable for now, it was implemented just in case I would actually use it for some challenge, but I gave up on the idea. Too complicated and would probably be too frustrating for players and for the dev as well. There are already a lot of other things to take care before that. And yeah, your guess is not far from the truth. Maybe in a 2.0 rework version in a distant future ;).

Abhai

Devoted Member
Sep 12, 2018
You can ignore that variable for now, it was implemented just in case I would actually use it for some challenge, but I gave up on the idea. Too complicated and would probably be too frustrating for players and for the dev as well. There are already a lot of other things to take care before that. And yeah, your guess is not far from the truth. Maybe in a 2.0 rework version in a distant future ;).
nevermind that, one thing you really should improve are animations - and im not talking about fps or similar stuff.
just please dont make them as "textless" sequences inserted between still renders with text (dialogue, monologue, whatever).
thats the worst thing that completely kills vibe of sex scenes.
and it doesnt take much effort to improve it significantly at all.:HideThePain:

apart from that "minor" inconvenience those are great games 1/1.
in the story department one of the best around.

Reactions: turbojoe

SweatyDevil

Jan 8, 2022
Gotcha, thanks a lot for your answer, I really appreciate it. It's also interesting to see that I wasn't too far off, gonna be interesting to see what potential plans you have.

Crazonian1

Apr 2, 2022
Ok.. so why hasn't it been added, since there's rape in the game... It'll keep getting discussed if there's a tag missing for content in game, not like it missed out a tag for ketchup... rape is quite a big thing to forget to tag.
Wait... There's ketchup in the game? No one mentioned that. Dropped.

• Haha
Reactions: Sneak Monkey

Warscared

Jan 26, 2021
are you finally implementing the variable were you took the evil route
were you cheated on your girl in sandstorm, raped Nora and Maddie
and have the MC exposed as a brutal animal by the gods?
a sort of final judgment day you could call that the stormtrial!

would so love for my MC to have his memories back at the last moment before an important decision
and if you entered with the evil route he just smiles saditicaly and lets them all burn
has he saves his sorry ass going trough the portal and leaving chaos mayhem and destruction behind him!
only to be cofronted by Astraja mom´s dog trying to enact revenge!

Reactions: david83007

StingerWolf

Sep 5, 2017
Found a bug. When doing the arm wrestling part between Sonja and Astrja, at the end it writes +1 strength, but it remains 13 as before, making it impossible to get through Mathilda when you wrestle her, since it needs 14 strength, which you should have by then if not for the bug. Not cool. This wasn't like this before, did the mod change something?

estrada777

Engaged Member
Modder
Donor
Mar 22, 2020
Found a bug. When doing the arm wrestling part between Sonja and Astrja, at the end it writes +1 strength, but it remains 13 as before, making it impossible to get through Mathilda when you wrestle her, since it needs 14 strength, which you should have by then if not for the bug. Not cool. This wasn't like this before, did the mod change something?
I did find a line that I missed, try the new version and see if it fixes your issue.

estrada777

Engaged Member
Modder
Donor
Mar 22, 2020
Since SOMEbody is slacking off :D and not updating the Walkthrough mod, I thought I would go ahead and share my variant. Since I went through the trouble of bringing it up to date for my Android port and all. I'm not 100% sure I caught every little nuance of the game, so if there is something that you think I missed please let me know.

Mod updated for game version 0.7.01 WW (mod bugfix):
NOTE once again, this is a significant rewrite and I'm not going to pretend that I'm perfect, so something might have been missed.

PLEASE don't reply, or @ me, or DM me for updates. I always update my ports, YES I ALREADY KNOW ABOUT THE UPDATE.
Mega
I found a bug in the mod, so you should probably download again.

StingerWolf

Sep 5, 2017
I found a bug in the mod, so you should probably download again.
I reapplied it, did not solve it. If you don't get affection with Sonja after the arm wrestling event, even though it writes str+ it does not raise from 13 to 14. I did not apply it on a clean install, mind you, just overwritten game folder again.

WarriorSteel

Jul 27, 2021
I reapplied it, did not solve it. If you don't get affection with Sonja after the arm wrestling event, even though it writes str+ it does not raise from 13 to 14. I did not apply it on a clean install, mind you, just overwritten game folder again.
Why not get the affection then?

4.30 star(s) 49 Votes