Who are your favorite characters in SnowStorm ?

• Astrja, the blacksmith and chief's daughter (Wolves)

Votes: 3,775 45.2%
  • Candrid, the mischievous assassin (Bears)

Votes: 1,471 17.6%
  • Nox, the beautiful lady/witch (Ravens)

Votes: 2,992 35.8%
  • Mathilda, the elegant and haughty archer (Wolves)

Votes: 2,308 27.6%
  • Yrsa, the curious and welcoming redhead (Bears)

Votes: 2,011 24.1%
  • Lizgard, the shy bodyguard of Nox (Ravens)

Votes: 1,760 21.1%
  • Astrid, the lively little sister (Wolves)

Votes: 2,635 31.5%
  • Sonja, the mighty barbarian (Bears)

Votes: 1,856 22.2%
  • Katja, the hunter of the Raven's lair (Ravens)

Votes: 804 9.6%

• Total voters

Pr0GamerJohnny

Conversation Conqueror
Sep 7, 2022
I rephrased it, because the use of feminine and masculine could be misunderstood. I used squared face and rounder faces instead, it's more correct.
Although, yes I can confirm that it's (much) easier to make girls that look feminine with G9, than with the G8 female. At least to me, it was.

G9 have a mono gender skeleton, but then DAZ provides you with a masculine morph for the head and the body, and a feminine morphs for the head and the body. And when you apply the feminine morphs, the result is REALLY feminine (even a bit too much, some parts are not right like the neck being too thin and too long, breasts are not as good as G8 either, the faces are really thinner. The G8 female skeleton is a good start body wise, but face wise, it still remained pretty masculine to my taste mainly because of the square shape of the head and these uber strong jaws that are native to G8 head structure. It doesn't show too much on my characters because I had to go out of my way to smoothen these damn G8 jaws as I like the thin ones better. Rion's face hasa shape you don't see often with G8 characters, because not many do that much effort to adjust that aspect on G8 (and it's not easy to do it). Maybe some people like strong jaws on girls, though. I don't know, always found that weird on G8 but maybe it's my personal taste.

G9 doesn't have that problem. It has others kind of problems though, almost the opposite ones. At the end, I'm not using the feminine female morphs that DAZ provides anymore. I found better ones that do not exaggerate the feminine traits too much, and I'm also making my owns morphs so that I can readjust quickly my new characters as I want them to look in general. But I still need to find the perfect balance

a G8 female face without much work on morphs looks like that View attachment 3971218 View attachment 3971219

and this one is one of my DustStorm characters with a G9 androgyny skeleton and the feminine morphs provided together in the G9 package applied
View attachment 3971224
some aspects are not exactly right, but it does look more feminine, don't you think?

and then when I decide to not use Daz aggressively feminine morphs but customs one instead, she can look more like this
View attachment 3971233
Not sure what's the best yet, though

yay! free promo of duststorm incognito :KEK:
Thanks for the detailed technical explanation!

And yes, I totally agree that many G8f faces are too masculine by default, it's no coincidence characters I find myself creating always have a lot of stuff like [p3d aria] or [Emmeline] head morphs mixed in, basically morphs to shrink and make the head more 'petite'.

While I think your middle image is more feminine, to me it suffers from the "teen josy syndrome" - in that it has that look where jaw is too small and super narrow, while top of head still wide, kinda like those carnival style street paintings. I hope this makes sense, most of your characters in games have been great.

weezal

Jul 5, 2022
I rephrased it, because the use of feminine and masculine could be misunderstood. I used squared face and rounder faces instead, it's more correct.
Although, yes I can confirm that it's (much) easier to make girls that look feminine with G9, than with the G8 female. At least to me, it was.

G9 have a mono gender skeleton, but then DAZ provides you with a masculine morph for the head and the body, and a feminine morphs for the head and the body. And when you apply the feminine morphs, the result is REALLY feminine (even a bit too much, some parts are not right like the neck being too thin and too long, breasts are not as good as G8 either, the faces are really thinner. The G8 female skeleton is a good start body wise, but face wise, it still remained pretty masculine to my taste mainly because of the square shape of the head and these uber strong jaws that are native to G8 head structure. It doesn't show too much on my characters because I had to go out of my way to smoothen these damn G8 jaws as I like the thin ones better. Rion's face hasa shape you don't see often with G8 characters, because not many do that much effort to adjust that aspect on G8 (and it's not easy to do it). Maybe some people like strong jaws on girls, though. I don't know, always found that weird on G8 but maybe it's my personal taste.

G9 doesn't have that problem. It has others kind of problems though, almost the opposite ones. At the end, I'm not using the feminine female morphs that DAZ provides anymore. I found better ones that do not exaggerate the feminine traits too much, and I'm also making my owns morphs so that I can readjust quickly my new characters as I want them to look in general. But I still need to find the perfect balance

a G8 female face without much work on morphs looks like that View attachment 3971218 View attachment 3971219

and this one is one of my DustStorm characters with a G9 androgyny skeleton and the feminine morphs provided together in the G9 package applied
View attachment 3971224
some aspects are not exactly right, but it does look more feminine, don't you think?

and then when I decide to not use Daz aggressively feminine morphs but customs one instead, she can look more like this
View attachment 3971233

is dustsorm another desert based game?

• Wow
Reactions: Pr0GamerJohnny

Abhai

Devoted Member
Sep 12, 2018

View attachment 3971224

View attachment 3971233

i have to agree that g8 models are way better than those g9.
mostly because g9 models look like some childish cartoon characters (which is kinda ironic:KEK:) or some weird alen hybrids trying (and falling) to represent (human) females...

Reactions: rolfcopter

RandomGuy99

Nov 11, 2018
Sandstorm > Snowstorm > Duststorm > Rainstorm/Seastorm/Spacestorm/Skystorm/Digitalstorm/Windstorm/Firestorm ?
Dev planning to make story from original MC till his great great great grandchild so that our great great grandchild can enjoy

WarriorSteel

Jul 27, 2021
Sandstorm > Snowstorm > Duststorm > Rainstorm/Seastorm/Spacestorm/Skystorm/Digitalstorm/Windstorm/Firestorm ?
Dev planning to make story from original MC till his great great great grandchild so that our great great grandchild can enjoy
Actually it is:
Sandstorm > Snowstorm
Sandstorm > Duststorm

Duststorm is a sequel to Sandstorm not SnowStorm

GleenXstudio

EraStorm Dev
Game Developer
Dec 22, 2018
is dustsorm another desert based game?
Not really, it's post-apocalyptish, retro-futuristicish and steampunkish. Yeah, I like when it's ish. But it's not made in wish, I swear.

too many arguments
Er... Okay... I give up... You win..

i have to agree that g8 models are way better than those g9.
mostly because g9 models look like some childish cartoon characters (which is kinda ironic:KEK:) or some weird alen hybrids trying (and falling) to represent (human) females...
Haha you really don't like g9, but I'll prove you that it's possible to make nice women with them :p

By the way, in snowstorm, there is a girl that is actually G9. Can you spot her ?
According to Abhai, you have to look for aliens and cartoon characters, good luck :KEK:
There are also two G3 ones, let's see if you are good at recognizing Generations of Daz Models.
I help you, they are on this tierlist :

weezal

Jul 5, 2022
Not really, it's post-apocalyptish, retro-futuristicish and steampunkish. Yeah, I like when it's ish. But it's not made in wish, I swear.

Er... Okay... I give up... You win..

Haha you really don't like g9, but I'll prove you that it's possible to make nice women with them :p

By the way, in snowstorm, there is a girl that is actually G9. Can you spot her ?
According to Abhai, you have to look for aliens and cartoon characters, good luck :KEK:
There are also two G3 ones, let's see if you are good at recognizing Generations of Daz Models.
Ah cool cool. I've just played a lot of desert based games so seeing new environments is cool

Abhai

Devoted Member
Sep 12, 2018

heh...lets see, first guess:unsure:
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.
though considering milka is my least fav model, she could be g9 as well:HideThePain:

• Haha
Reactions: Warscared
4.30 star(s) 49 Votes