Who are your favorite characters in SnowStorm ?

• Astrja, the blacksmith and chief's daughter (Wolves)

Votes: 3,775 45.2%
  • Candrid, the mischievous assassin (Bears)

Votes: 1,471 17.6%
  • Nox, the beautiful lady/witch (Ravens)

Votes: 2,992 35.8%
  • Mathilda, the elegant and haughty archer (Wolves)

Votes: 2,308 27.6%
  • Yrsa, the curious and welcoming redhead (Bears)

Votes: 2,011 24.1%
  • Lizgard, the shy bodyguard of Nox (Ravens)

Votes: 1,760 21.1%
  • Astrid, the lively little sister (Wolves)

Votes: 2,635 31.5%
  • Sonja, the mighty barbarian (Bears)

Votes: 1,856 22.2%
  • Katja, the hunter of the Raven's lair (Ravens)

Votes: 804 9.6%

• Total voters

DevinHesi

Engaged Member
Oct 29, 2021
its probably from the next game i am not recognising the future rapee...
It was posted in SnowStorm's stuff, and this girl appears in the first game as Nora, maybe she will appear in the near future, since at the beginning of the game she asks which of the 3 from SandStorm you were with.

MARK2TWEN

Mar 31, 2022
Hi everyone. Can you tell me the name of the track when the plot of 0.5 with the updated Candrid starts? Before her sex scene. I'm already waiting for the next update and that's why I deleted the game (Sorry for the mistakes, I use google translate)

Jan 12, 2024
Good game, it would be cool if MC became a hero and fought against the gods haha.

I hope more content from nox, sonja and astrija the best.

GleenXstudio

EraStorm Dev
Game Developer
Dec 22, 2018
Not everything I post on discord are game renders. Some are bonus gallery stuff, some are out of context stuff for fun, but some are game renders... so who really knows?

Nora sandgirl LQ.jpg
Nora received a Genesis9 upgrade so she looks a tad different, as the facial structure of Genesis 9 models is TOTALLY different than Genesis 8, with so much more details and imperfections (in a word : realism) that we lose a bit of the perfect doll vibes of Genesis 8 faces. Some might prefer the Gen8 version as some prefers the doll models or the cartoonish models, which I understand (I also like it when it's well done). But hey, she's still pretty as a Gen9 imo, and if you cross your eyes a bit, maybe you will even think she's real :LOL:.
So guys, what do you think of her Gen9 version ? Worth it or not worth it ?

Last edited:

Niuul

Jun 25, 2022
Not everything I post on discord are game renders. Some are bonus gallery stuff, some are out of context stuff for fun, but some are game renders... so who really knows?

View attachment 3970472
Nora received a Genesis9 upgrade so she looks a tad different, as the facial structure of Genesis 9 models is TOTALLY different than Genesis 8, with so much more details and imperfections (in a word : realism) that we lose a bit of the perfect doll vibes of Genesis 8 faces. Some might prefer the Gen8 version as some prefers the doll models or the cartoonish models, which I understand (I also like it when it's well done). But hey, she's still pretty as a Gen9 imo, and if you cross your eyes a bit, maybe you will even think she's real :LOL:.
v09n_noraroom_06.png

Looks like two completely different people. I prefer gen8 tbh.

Raziel_8

Engaged Member
Dec 4, 2017

View attachment 3970472
The new model looks good, but if you didn't said it's Nora i wouldn't have recognized her to be honest, looks like a different character.
So while i like both models, i'd say the Gen8 model is the better Nora.

GleenXstudio

EraStorm Dev
Game Developer
Dec 22, 2018
Don't forget that the lighting affects a lot the looks. The render from sandstorm that was posted had a plain interior lighting while the ones I posted are made with sky and sunlight (and thus strong shadows). It gives totally different vibes even with the exact same model.
Here is another render of Nora G9 with an interior lighting. You really still don't recognize her? nora g9 worker.png
That said, I'm totally fine with the fact that you prefer the gen8 model, it's a matter of taste and I think Nora G8 was very good, so I can totally understand, I also think I'm on that team, but mostly because of nostalgy as first time, first sight usually matters more. We always remember our first time a bit more than the rest, I believe, lol.

Btw, it's not fixing a problem that didn't exist, the idea is too learn to use and explore Gen9 potential while using Nora as an exercise and see how it goes and how better it can look, if it's easy to convert (seems like not, as I thought Nora was my best copy (I'm not going to show Rion and Maddie then :KEK: ) because I'm not fine with not evolving. The characters ages, the technology evolves, so their models have to be updated at some point if I ever use them again in another context.
SnowStorm will remain Gen8 till the end though. There is no debate on that btw.
This is more for another future ;) as I do see a potential for G9 to provide far greater visuals (if done well ofc), so I'll shift to G9 for the next game even if I master G8 pretty well now and the style is pretty good and many people like it, but it's not interesting for me anymore, can't do much better than that with G8 anymore. Much more motivated by how to make the best out of G9.

Anyway, making models and tweaking them is my favorite stuff, so you will have to live with that, I'll always do it as I'm never satisfied. :KEK:
But tbh, I didn't expect people to not recognize Nora at all... To me, it was pretty obvious but maybe that's because I'm too used to work with them.
Anyway both models exists, no one is replacing the other one as they don't have the same age, the G9 one is intended to be a bit more older than the G8. Don't know if it shows, (to me it shows, but now with your reactions, I'm not sure anymore haha). Let me know if you find the G9 model older (and how old you would give her), or not at all.

You probably prefer that I give news about the next update release date instead. I would have done it if you recognized Nora. Too bad. :p

Last edited:

Dessolos

Devoted Member
Jul 25, 2017
Yeah it was the lighting the Gen 9 one clearly looks better in the 2nd image at least to me. I can tell Gen 9 is a better older probably noy by alot. However without knowing they are the same character I wouldn't of guessed they were. I'd say they seem more like sisters than a older and younger version of the same character.

GleenXstudio

EraStorm Dev
Game Developer
Dec 22, 2018
In theory (at least that's what I tried to do) : the g8 should look 20-25yo, and the g9 should look 35-40yo.
The perception of age also depends on the lighting, with front lights that erase a bit the defaults and the shape, the girl usually looks younger than she really is, on the contrary when you use side light and play with shadows that display more the imperfections of the skin like the wrinkles, the girl will seem older. (a bit the same as for photography).
That said, when looking closely to Niuul's post, maybe the head shape is the issue that prevents a perfect identification of Nora. The G8 heads are very "square" while G9 heads are very "round" and when you want a middle ground, you have to use very different morphs whether you start from a G8 base than a G9 base.
I think I could improve the head shape a bit indeed. But doooonnn't wooooorry guys, I'll do that after the next release. :KEK: I'm on full snowstorm mode now.
Right now, i'm just waiting for an animation to render :rolleyes: . Yeah, I know, I could work on the script in the meantime, I know... Gimme a break :LOL:

Last edited:

Pr0GamerJohnny

Conversation Conqueror
Sep 7, 2022
That's one of the hiccups of G8 models, the girls heads are naturally masculine with square face and strong jaws, and it requires a lot of work to make them thinner. While the face are more feminine (rounder and thinner) with G9 head structure (sometimes even too much), and then you have to use opposite morphs and strengthen their jaws instead otherwise their face will look too pointy. I think I could improve that a bit, indeed.
Wait hwat I always thought it was the exact opposite since G9s share a skeleton whereas G8s have gendered skeletons..

GleenXstudio

EraStorm Dev
Game Developer
Dec 22, 2018
Wait hwat I always thought it was the exact opposite since G9s share a skeleton whereas G8s have gendered skeletons..
I rephrased it, because the use of feminine and masculine could be misunderstood. I used squared face and rounder faces instead, it's more correct.
Although, yes I can confirm that it's (much) easier to make girls that look feminine with G9, than with the G8 female. At least to me, it was.

G9 have a mono gender skeleton, but then DAZ provides you with a masculine morph for the head and the body, and a feminine morphs for the head and the body. And when you apply the feminine morphs, the result is REALLY feminine (even a bit too much, some parts are not right like the neck being too thin and too long, breasts are not as good as G8 either, the faces are really thinner. The G8 female skeleton is a good start body wise, but face wise, it still remained pretty masculine to my taste mainly because of the square shape of the head and these uber strong jaws that are native to G8 head structure. It doesn't show too much on my characters because I had to go out of my way to smoothen these damn G8 jaws as I like the thin ones better. Rion's face hasa shape you don't see often with G8 characters, because not many do that much effort to adjust that aspect on G8 (and it's not easy to do it). Maybe some people like strong jaws on girls, though. I don't know, always found that weird on G8 but maybe it's my personal taste.

G9 doesn't have that problem. It has others kind of problems though, almost the opposite ones. At the end, I'm not using the feminine female morphs that DAZ provides anymore. I found better ones that do not exaggerate the feminine traits too much, and I'm also making my owns morphs so that I can readjust quickly my new characters as I want them to look in general. But I still need to find the perfect balance

a G8 female face without much work on morphs looks like that 1724711909534.png 1724711994272.png

and this one is one of my DustStorm characters with a G9 androgyny skeleton and the feminine morphs provided together in the G9 package applied
Amelie desert 202407.png
some aspects are not exactly right, but it does look more feminine, don't you think?

and then when I decide to not use Daz aggressively feminine morphs but customs one instead, she can look more like this
amelie 023.png
Not sure what's the best yet, though

yay! free promo of duststorm incognito :KEK:

Last edited:

Warscared

Jan 26, 2021
Don't forget that the lighting affects a lot the looks. The render from sandstorm that was posted had a plain interior lighting while the ones I posted are made with sky and sunlight (and thus strong shadows). It gives totally different vibes even with the exact same model.
Here is another render of Nora G9 with an interior lighting. You really still don't recognize her? View attachment 3970710
That said, I'm totally fine with the fact that you prefer the gen8 model, it's a matter of taste and I think Nora G8 was very good, so I can totally understand, I also think I'm on that team, but mostly because of nostalgy as first time, first sight usually matters more. We always remember our first time a bit more than the rest, I believe, lol.

Btw, it's not fixing a problem that didn't exist, the idea is too learn to use and explore Gen9 potential while using Nora as an exercise and see how it goes and how better it can look, if it's easy to convert (seems like not, as I thought Nora was my best copy (I'm not going to show Rion and Maddie then :KEK: ) because I'm not fine with not evolving. The characters ages, the technology evolves, so their models have to be updated at some point if I ever use them again in another context.
SnowStorm will remain Gen8 till the end though. There is no debate on that btw.
This is more for another future ;) as I do see a potential for G9 to provide far greater visuals (if done well ofc), so I'll shift to G9 for the next game even if I master G8 pretty well now and the style is pretty good and many people like it, but it's not interesting for me anymore, can't do much better than that with G8 anymore. Much more motivated by how to make the best out of G9.

Anyway, making models and tweaking them is my favorite stuff, so you will have to live with that, I'll always do it as I'm never satisfied. :KEK:
But tbh, I didn't expect people to not recognize Nora at all... To me, it was pretty obvious but maybe that's because I'm too used to work with them.
Anyway both models exists, no one is replacing the other one as they don't have the same age, the G9 one is intended to be a bit more older than the G8. Don't know if it shows, (to me it shows, but now with your reactions, I'm not sure anymore haha). Let me know if you find the G9 model older (and how old you would give her), or not at all.

You probably prefer that I give news about the next update release date instead. I would have done it if you recognized Nora. Too bad. :p
still prefer the old one!
don´t get me wrong but this one seems too feline!
the old one had a stronger jaw and as we all know
girls with strong jaws and deeper voices are anal whores...so preferences!
her thinner nose in gen8 means she can´t run for long so... easyer to catch up to!
the eye brows... the new one seems better taken care of...
the hair with more volume on gen9 give her the looks that she spends more time brushing it then practicing knife throwing!
the new model has a thinner neck so one must handle more carefully as not to break...
which will also affect deepthroating and hard hard and deep you can in training her!
but the real diference are in the eyes,
perhaps you over did it with the masquera and overall beauty stuff like rouge or whatever!
the new one seems too artificial and more tricky to break in,
the old one was tougher and therefore you could do more hardcore stuff to her!
this new one seems more frail younger and less mature and less capable!
just a reminder that the old Nora was a very tough capable cookie!

Also square heads means higher dose of testosterone!
in reality all humans have far more progesterone than testosterone!
the diference beteween males and females in the percentage present in the body,
Males have an higher amount then females, but by absolute values even males have more progesterone
and other normally associated hormones to females then testosterone itself!
so yeah not the same Nora, the new one if one tries to identify
her testosterone to pregesterone level matrix balance one would rightly assume lower libido!
yeah, we spent fucking millions of years decyphering those signs... the ones who did not are no longer here!
and yes most males do it sub consciently, but many of us have searched inside ourselfs
and discovered why we react the way we do to how some females present themselves!
for instance if you know the girl, you can normally notice her fertile period!
depending on her gens, some girls boobs grow in volume up to 30% for that 1 to 2 days period! (normally its just 2% to 7%!)
the amount of skin and the need to provoke is also associated with her fertility period and menthal balance so...
so women in her fertile period tend to show at least 10% more skin, some even 100% in the right cirscumstances...
they have a far less resistance to provocation and tend to be more agressive,
while not during the fertile period they are more flirty and more playfull...

4.30 star(s) 49 Votes